What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

smackdaddies

Footballguy
He just owned KC. If he can hang 23 points on KC in the first half - he is their new starter and looks to be good enough to be a top 12 qb this year in FF. Plus with their schedule, definitely have some 3 td games.

He just owned KC. If he can hang 23 points on KC in the first half - he is their new starter and looks to be good enough to be a top 12 qb this year in FF. Plus with their schedule, definitely have some 3 td games.
Absolutely nothing about this seems even remotely like preseason overreaction syndrome.

Absolutely nothing about this seems even remotely like preseason overreaction syndrome.
It's not. Russell is that good. Dynasty leagues, I'm all over him to the point that his wife will be jealous.

Said it once, say it again, IT IS THE BLEEPING PRESEASON!!!
3 touchdowns.Yes, it is the preseason. For a team with no starting qb. Seattle just found it's starter. Preseason or not, hanging 30 points and 3 passing TDs on the chiefs d is a good game
If he was a position player, I could be skeptical Running the show like this for three straight games, plus the evidence from Wisconsin...he is quite obviously a special player.

It's not. Russell is that good. Dynasty leagues, I'm all over him to the point that his wife will be jealous.
Yeah. If they trade him straight up for Aaron Rodgers right after the game, Rodgers isn't going to be a top 12 FF QB this year in Seattle.

The other game aspect is that Turbin is haveing a fine game also at RB - 14 carries, 93 yards, td.

And for those keeping track, I think that was the first drive of the night for Seattle not to score - fg wide (51 yards)

He's got a wife and he's young, famous and rich? Idiot. I don't draft idiots. I guess he won't be on my team.

The other game aspect is that Turbin is haveing a fine game also at RB - 14 carries, 93 yards, td.And for those keeping track, I think that was the first drive of the night for Seattle not to score - fg wide (51 yards)
I don't think the punter travelled with the team.BTW, the defense is looking pretty sharp as well.

Yeah. If they trade him straight up for Aaron Rodgers right after the game, Rodgers isn't going to be a top 12 FF QB this year in Seattle.
Yes he would. You don't think Rodgers could put up 3500/25 with Seattle? That would have been about enough to be top 12 the past three seasons.Preseason or not. Russell is the goods. Fantasy wise, he's great on his feet and will get you those bonus rushing points.

Last edited by a moderator:
IT'S PRESEASON! lol. Funny how some think this is the first time Wilson has looked good. He dominates college. Shines at the combine. Scouts can't say anything negative except for being short. Then he's the rave of training camp and looks great in every preseason action. Kind of a trend here.

He is playing very well. Hopefully the Seahawks can play the chefs every week.
Congrats. You got in mudslinging contest with a Seahawk homer and walked away from it dirty and looking chIldish. Now you've been moved to try and find something to nitpick about with regard to Wilson. You're better than this. Scientist is not. You let him drag you down to his level.

Said it once, say it again, IT IS THE BLEEPING PRESEASON!!!
3 touchdowns.Yes, it is the preseason. For a team with no starting qb. Seattle just found it's starter. Preseason or not, hanging 30 points and 3 passing TDs on the chiefs d is a good game
If he was a position player, I could be skeptical Running the show like this for three straight games, plus the evidence from Wisconsin...he is quite obviously a special player.
He was impressive as a starter for NC State for three years too.

Not gonna lie it was funny but a bit misguided I'd say. The Chiefs pass D isn't horrible. They were actually ranked 11th in the league last year. They might not be the best pass D but they are definitely not the worst.It's getting harder to ignore Wilson. He just strikes me as an extremely intelligent player. By no means is he a fantasy starter but I think you could do a lot worse with your backup.

Congrats. You got in mudslinging contest with a Seahawk homer and walked away from it dirty and looking chIldish. Now you've been moved to try and find something to nitpick about with regard to Wilson. You're better than this. Scientist is not. You let him drag you down to his level.
:shrug:You're probably right. But it was a little funny...

I didn't see the game tonight, but I'm guessing those who are saying it's only the preseason are Flynn owners. From what I saw in the previous game, Wilson looks to be the much better QB. I'm a fan.

welcome to the party... you're late.

good luck buying him... if you didn't draft him, there's no way in hell you're buying him unless you're waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpaying at this time.

useless thread is useless.

You say buy, but why would you sell him?
FTFY
Well, if you were stacked at QB and wanted to upgrade, what could you actually get? Unless someone was poor at QB, what would be the going rate? WR3 of some kind?
in dynasty? i would sell another, older QB. i think the sky is the limit for Wilson, there is really no reason whatsoever to sell him in dynasty. in redraft, i'd hold for a huge game and then sell him to a QB needy team... probably try to get a RB/WR 2 or even a 1 if possible. with his ability to run and throw he could potentially put up top 10 QB numbers (think selling tebow last season...) - i'd expect at least a #2 RB/WR.

It really isn't that far fetched if he's running as much as he is.How many years was Garrard a Top 12 QB with mediocre pass stats??

I think Wilson's right there with Jake Locker in the rankings. I think their running stats are going to bump them past the Flacco/Schaub group.

It really isn't that far fetched if he's running as much as he is.How many years was Garrard a Top 12 QB with mediocre pass stats??

I think Wilson's right there with Jake Locker in the rankings. I think their running stats are going to bump them past the Flacco/Schaub group.
Garrard was a top 12 qb once (2008). He was top 10 in attempts, completions, and yards. He finished second in rush yards (322...the fleet footed Tyler thigpin was first) and had two tds. So the answer to the question is "zero".

Garrard was a top 12 qb once (2008). He was top 10 in attempts, completions, and yards. He finished second in rush yards (322...the fleet footed Tyler thigpin was first) and had two tds. So the answer to the question is "zero".
How about merging the two Wilson threads?

:goodposting: This one is secondary... Just tack it onto the end of the other

Ahhh I remember my first time playin fantasy football too.... :nostalgia:

The only thing that I really can't wrap my head around is how he had very little draft hype and fell all the way to the 3rd. I know about the height issue, but how could so many teams not see that he could be nfl starter. Maybe because he's really not and this is preseason magic against vanilla defenses and schemes. Or maybe the height just completely takes players off boards? I'm not sure....

It is simple..and you already answered your question. Lack of height. No QB of his height has ever produced in the history of the modern NFL. This guy is unique and special. He will eventually be a Hall of Fame quarterback imo.

The only thing that I really can't wrap my head around is how he had very little draft hype and fell all the way to the 3rd. I know about the height issue, but how could so many teams not see that he could be nfl starter. Maybe because he's really not and this is preseason magic against vanilla defenses and schemes. Or maybe the height just completely takes players off boards? I'm not sure....

He was top 12 2008.Top 12 in PPG 2009

And #14 in 2010.

I expect much better running stats from Wilson this year (than Garrard) if he starts.

I'm not expecting Cam Newton pass #'s, but do expect at a minimum Vince Young rookie #'s (with better pass #'s across the board).

People really underestimating Wilson's rushing ability fantasy wise. He's going to very close to that Top 12. I have him projected for 500 rush yards and 6 rush TD's if named starter. And as a first year starter, that yardage # may end up low. He really can be very medicore passing and close in on that Top 12.

:goodposting: This one is secondary... Just tack it onto the end of the other
Thanks for making the Shark Pool Great - when you have nothing of value to say, just cut others. WIN!

think it was ESPN that ran a series following Wisc the year Wilson transfered there and competed for the starting spot. kid has the mentality of a pro, wouldn't surprise if he came in and took that starting spot in SEA.

Users who are viewing this thread