What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C Johnson (1 Viewer)

Badm

Footballguy
CJ ripped Brees in the pocket and Brees picked it up and threw incompletion. How is that not a sack? Here is NFL.com play by play

(7:19) (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees to CAR 24 for no gain (95-C.Johnson). FUMBLES (95-C.Johnson), and recovers at CAR 33. 9-D.Brees pass incomplete short right to 80-J.Graham (52-J.Beason).

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnson knocked the ball out of Brees' hand, but it wasn't a sack, because Brees never went down. He just picked the ball up and threw it incomplete. Johnson should've gotten a forced fumble, and Brees a fumble recovery.

Johnson knocked the ball out of Brees' hand, but it wasn't a sack, because Brees never went down. He just picked the ball up and threw it incomplete. Johnson should've gotten a forced fumble, and Brees a fumble recovery.
And Beason should have had a pick 6!

I thought knocking the ball out of the QB's hand was a sack?!?!?!? Since he picked it up and threw a pass, does that nullify the sack?

I don't know all the details of teh rules, but I would assume a tackle is required to sack a guy, or at least an 'in teh grasp' ruling.

forcing a fumble doesn't mean you tackled anybody -- it's just forcing a fumble.

sounds like it's a ff for cj and a fr for brees.

I don't know all the details of teh rules, but I would assume a tackle is required to sack a guy, or at least an 'in teh grasp' ruling.forcing a fumble doesn't mean you tackled anybody -- it's just forcing a fumble.sounds like it's a ff for cj and a fr for brees.
Normally though forcing a fumble from a QB, even with no tackle, results in the DE getting rewarded with a sack. Happened with Trent Cole last week, he got his hand on the ball and didn't even touch Flacco and he still got rewarded with a sack and forced fumble. I think the reason Charles Johnson didn't get rewarded with a sack is because you can't have a sack and a pass attempted in the same play; I would think that as long as there was no pass attempt on that play, Johnson would have got rewarded with a sack. Though Johnson still should have been giving credit for the forced fumble regardless of the pass attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was rewarded with a tackle and ff on the play. No sack. I'm assuming for it to be a sack, there can be no pass attempt on the play. I still lost, quirky play, I'm the Commish so I didn't have to deal with too much. Concerned if it happens again and could dictate the winner.....

Users who are viewing this thread