What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

California = Most Hated State (1 Viewer)

If you have an unfavorable view of Mississippi now, you should view our local news sometimes. We're despicable.

Not me of course, I'm favorable to hang out with.

Getting in a "California sucks/rules" argument is something that LHUCKS would do.

So, I'll say this: There are nutty politics on both sides, and all manner of weirdo (again, on both sides), but there is Yosemite. And everyone loves Yosemite.

that is very strange.. I'm not a huge fan of California, but I would choose California over quite a few states, most notably Oklahoma :yucky: ...

:shrug:

This is like hating Duke or the Yankees.

Follow the money. If houses cost a lot, people want to live there.

Dufresne - I hate to break it to you but people don't misuse "literally". It was a huge pet peeve of mine as well until I read that using the word as a synonym for "actually" is literally acceptable.

lit·er·al·ly   [lit-er-uh-lee]

adverb

1. in the literal or strict sense: What does the word mean literally?

2. in a literal manner; word for word: to translate literally.

3. actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy: The city was literally destroyed.

4. in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually.

Dufresne - I hate to break it to you but people don't misuse "literally". It was a huge pet peeve of mine as well until I read that using the word as a synonym for "actually" is literally acceptable.lit·er·al·ly   [lit-er-uh-lee] adverb1. in the literal or strict sense: What does the word mean literally?2. in a literal manner; word for word: to translate literally.3. actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy: The city was literally destroyed.4. in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually.
I'm talking about when people say stuff like "I was so angry, my head LITERALLY exploded."People misuse it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dufresne - I hate to break it to you but people don't misuse "literally". It was a huge pet peeve of mine as well until I read that using the word as a synonym for "actually" is literally acceptable.lit·er·al·ly   [lit-er-uh-lee] adverb1. in the literal or strict sense: What does the word mean literally?2. in a literal manner; word for word: to translate literally.3. actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy: The city was literally destroyed.4. in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually.
I'm talking about when people say stuff like "I was so angry, my head LITERALLY exploded."People misuse it all the time.
See #4. My head very nearly exploded.I'm with you man, I wish the dictionary only had 1 and 2.

See #4. My head very nearly exploded.I'm with you man, I wish the dictionary only had 1 and 2.
People's heads are nowhere near exploding.

Here is the thing.... All other states have states around them that are very similar. The states in the northeast are all pretty much the same. I mean, who can tell the difference between the obnoxious New Yorker versus the annoying Bostonian if it was not for their dumb accents? The midwest is all the same just as the south is. If you are in Alabama, how are you going to hate your South Carolina clone? The pacific northwest- Washington and Oregon might as well be the same state. The southwest is one big ole' dessert. The only outliers are Hawaii and Alaska. Everyone loves Hawaii and no one ever thinks about Alaska. So, the only unique state that has everything within it's borders with great weather is California.
Florida?
Anyone that has ever been to Florida knows that the only people that go to live there are ready to die.

Surprising that Utah is top 5 most disliked. I guess it's probably religious intolerance. I have to say the canyonlands are just beautiful, I go there a couple times a year just to do some canyoneering.

You guys are all ######ed... California is so nice and I probably live in the best part of mainland America, San Diego. Weather is the best and it's very convenient. Everyone is super pleasant and chill.

Hawaii is filled with racists who hate white people... I'm not sure most of us would be welcomed there...

When America finally gets an enema they'll stick the tip in Los Angeles.
wat
Los Angeles is the butt hole of the United States.
LA is not representative of CA
Does that make Oakland and SF like the flaps?
after you're done running around in LA, go to the bay for some laid back folks.
My perfect girl would look like she's from So Cal, but think like she's from Nor Cal.

wat
My perfect girl would look like she's from So Cal, but think like she's from Nor Cal.

Surprising that Utah is top 5 most disliked. I guess it's probably religious intolerance. I have to say the canyonlands are just beautiful, I go there a couple times a year just to do some canyoneering.
Yes those Utahans are known for there intolerance.
That's not what I was saying. Maybe I was unclear but my point is I guess people don't like Mormons not that Mormons dislike some group.

If I were taking the poll hare are the states I would rank as unfavorable:AlabamaArkansasLouisianaMississippi
I've never been to Alabama, but I really like Louisiana and Mississippi.I was only in Arkansas for a day, but what I saw of it was not nice at all. I'd have to spend a little more time there to get a good feel.

wat
She'd hate people from SoCal for no reason and think anything from SLO to the Mexican border is "L.A.?"

wat
She'd hate people from SoCal for no reason and think anything from SLO to the Mexican border is "L.A.?"
:lmao: noticed Orange County people are pretty sensitive about this

wat
Yes, they hate it.

wat
Yes, they hate it.
Because LA and OC are as different as LA and SF. I've never met a person in CA outside of LA proper who likes LA.

Users who are viewing this thread