What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin Johnson (1 Viewer)

sportsphysio

Footballguy
Looking at this week, he has several things going against him in my eyes:

1. Going up against decent TB defense.

2. Has major QB issues.

3. Playing on road.

Anyone else curious as to why he is ranked so high? Is it really a possibility that Hill returns this week, causing his ranking to go up?

Right now, I have some other attractive options, and considering benching him. Anyone else doing the same?

Hill possibly startin boosts his ranking plus TB has some dinged up players on defense as well. Those two things coupled with Calvin Johnson is one of the most gifted receivers in the league, you can easily see a top 10 week.

If Hill starts, I'd be surprised if Calvin doesn't score this week.

There will shortly come a season when we'll all find out how freaking good Calvin really is.

A season where people will find out that even in 2010, where he's averaging close to 5-70-1...that was actually Calvin being held in check.

Tampa's number 1 corner is out, as well as McCoy. Looks like Shaun Hill might get the start and that gives CJ a much better chance at a good game.

Tampa's number 1 corner is out, as well as McCoy. Looks like Shaun Hill might get the start and that gives CJ a much better chance at a good game.
I believe TB's top 2 corners are on the IR. Hill possibly coming back helps immensley. oh and another thing.... it's MEGATRON!!!!

There will shortly come a season when we'll all find out how freaking good Calvin really is. A season where people will find out that even in 2010, where he's averaging close to 5-70-1...that was actually Calvin being held in check.
:wall:

It seems odd that every other week there is a thread entertaining the notion of benching Calvin. I tried that once this year and it backfired in a major way; lesson learned. Tampa Bay's defense is pretty decimated by injury and Calvin has been remarkably consistent despite the quarterback carousel. Starting him without a second thought.

I too sat CJohnson the week he was coming back from injury. That pretty much sums up my FF season.

Due to his QB situation, I do not expect huge numbers from Johnson this week. I would be happy with his average at this point.

There will shortly come a season when we'll all find out how freaking good Calvin really is. A season where people will find out that even in 2010, where he's averaging close to 5-70-1...that was actually Calvin being held in check.
Frustrating as hell watching this inept staff ignore Calvin in the 1st half of every game. ####### Felton? Why is that bum even touching the ball? What kind of coach gives a hack (6-15, 2.5 ypc) almost as many chances as Calvin? There is no excuse for that. If they wake up & Stafford can stay upright, then Calvin shows his stuff.

Calvin isn't the one that is the question mark. It's the fact that Stanton is so bad that the Lions may play Hill who has a broken finger on his throwing hand. Most QB's with a broken finger on their throwing hand at this point would be on IR, and it's not like the Lions are playing for a playoff spot, yet they can't stand Stanton starting. Hill's accuracy trying to throw with his broken finger I would think is the worry. Has Hill even gotten the cast off of his forearm on his nonthrowing arm yet? The Tampa D is going to be gunning for that guy.

He's rated 4th overall this week, yet 20th WR going forward for the rest of the year. Yeah, ok. I guess FBG expects him to be the 35th rated WR in the next few weeks.

Frustrating as hell watching this inept staff ignore Calvin in the 1st half of every game. ####### Felton? Why is that bum even touching the ball? What kind of coach gives a hack (6-15, 2.5 ypc) almost as many chances as Calvin? There is no excuse for that. If they wake up & Stafford can stay upright, then Calvin shows his stuff.
I don't know if it's fair to compare a fullback/running backs touches to a Wr. Felton also gets a lot of short yardage carries so he'll never have a high ypc. If it's 3rd and 1 or 2, 2.5 isn't bad.But your point is noted that Calvin should get more touches.

Unfortunately we've been assuming that for years already. The relevant question is 'when'.

Unfortunately we've been assuming that for years already. The relevant question is 'when'.
If/when they can get a decent QB to stay healthy all season is my guess.

If/when they can get a decent QB to stay healthy all season is my guess.
Indeed. McNabb ought to be available :goodposting:

CBS is saying Hill wont play :shrug:
That should dip Calvin's rating. I think there was a sense that Hill was closer to playing earlier in the week which definitely means the rating makes sense. It makes less sense if it stays that high with Stanton at QB. Stanton is turrible.-QG

As long as Stanton continues to target Johnson he should be fine. He had 8 targets the other day and although he only caught 1 of them CJ is a must start.

I'm excited to have the opportunity to see Calvin live this week (on the 40/2nd row). :thumbup: :yes:

With Talib out there isn't a corner on TB's defense that can effectively cover Calvin, and now McCoy has left a defensive line that was already struggling to generate pressure or stop the run. Whether or not Stanton can take advantage of Tampa's injuries is the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams put up alot of points in this game.

Oh, and, of course. Never. Ever. Bench Calvin Johnson. Ever.

As long as Stanton continues to target Johnson he should be fine. He had 8 targets the other day and although he only caught 1 of them CJ is a must start.
Does a ball thrown 10 feet over the guys head count as a target? That's pretty much what Stanton did all game last week. I mean, I'm still playing him but I don't think he's going to be like a top-3 guy this week.-QG

If Hill isn't playing then I will probably bench him for Britt. The other QB is so terrible that I don't even remember his name.

I'm excited to have the opportunity to see Calvin live this week (on the 40/2nd row). :lmao: :moneybag:

With Talib out there isn't a corner on TB's defense that can effectively cover Calvin, and now McCoy has left a defensive line that was already struggling to generate pressure or stop the run. Whether or not Stanton can take advantage of Tampa's injuries is the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams put up alot of points in this game.

Oh, and, of course. Never. Ever. Bench Calvin Johnson. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread