What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameron Heyward (1 Viewer)

replacements

Footballguy
Any Pitt fans out there that have seen much from him? I have not seen him play yet this year, so if you have I'd like to hear your take on what you have seen from him in his limited starts.

I know that within the last 3 or 4 games he took over the starting spot from Ziggy Hood. In the last 2 weeks he has a combined 5 tackles 6 assists 1 sack and a pass defensed. Modest numbers, but not off to a bad start.

He was very good at Ohio State, very disruptive in the backfield and he played well against both the pass and run. He seems to have gotten off to a slow start after being a late 1st round pick, but I thought when he was drafted that he would be a very good NFL player. Pitt has a very good track record with drafting defensive players.

Does anyone else see the potential for solid IDP player with him. I added him in 1 league as a prospect with some upside? Maybe he is finally catching up to the speed of the NFL game????

He looks like hes coming into his own, but at the end of the day he's a 2 gap 34 end. The scheme is always going to hold him back in terms of IDP production.

It's the rare player that can 2 gap and put up numbers in the tackle and sack departments.

If LeBeau and Mitchell showed any proclivity to use a Phillips style 34 I think he could be a solid DL3 type...but they are stuck in their antiquated ways and will force their first rounder to make a career of titty fighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
another solid week with 5 ackles 1 assist and 2 passes defensed. Thats pretty decent production coming off the waiver wire.

He'll be starting for my team this week. He's been very solid the last four games (15-8-2 with 2 PD). Hope he keeps it going.

Users who are viewing this thread