What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can someobe explain this rule to me (1 Viewer)

grantsa4

Footballguy
Ok, I am originally a foreigner from South Africa, so maybe I don't understand all of the schooling systems here.

Can someone explain to me the NFL' s rule (I apologize if I don't get it 100% right). The rule where a player can't participate in offseason programs until their senior class has graduated.

You've been drafted by a team and have, in most cases, signed a contract. Why can these guys not participate in offseason programs, or get playbooks...etc?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Ok, I am originally a foreigner from South Africa, so maybe I don't understand all of the schooling systems here.Can someone explain to me the NFL' s rule (I apologize if I don't get it 100% right). The rule where a player can't participate in offseason programs until their senior class has graduated.You've been drafted by a team and have, in most cases, signed a contract. Why can these guys not participate in offseason programs, or get playbooks...etc?Can someone please explain this to me?
The NFL and the NCAA have an unofficial agreement with one another not to interfere with collegiate athletes. This is why a player cannot be drafted until his high school class is 3 years removed from high school (so a red-shirt sophomore can be drafted, but usually this means juniors can come out for the NFL Draft). If a college football player went to a school AND he is still enrolled for the spring semester, he cannot participate with his new NFL team until his class graduates (or the respective year ends). Again, this is about interfering with the NCAA athletes and making that player a pro. It is both about respecting the academic programs and also the potential for a dual sport athlete to remain eligible for baseball or another spring sport he may be playing.

Users who are viewing this thread