What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (4 Viewers)

1. People who eat with their mouths open
2. People who do not pull over for emergency vehicles
3. People who do not say think you when you hold the door open for them
4. People who do not put shopping carts to their collection areas
5. People who purposefully take up two parking spaces
6. People who talk during movies
7. People who are oblivious to others in public areas

For number two, I think it should be punishable by death if you're the jackass who tries to pass you after you've pulled over for the emergency vehicle.

This is so effing prevalent now it drives me nuts. Scroll up a bit in this thread to see my rant about some broad blabbering on her cell phone at an airport bar. Loudly.

A couple times in this thread I've ranted about idiots that watch videos on their phone at full volume at fast food joints or other public places. Idiots.

Cell phones have made people even more oblivious to others lately. I am ALWAYS mindful of others when using my cell. Whether it be watching a video (hello, headphones?) or making a call (try and find a quiet spot away from others).

8. People who put 7 peeves in one post.

but there are times where some knucklehead in Row 20 will put his bag above Row 9 or 10 (just behind first class) for some reason.
I have never understood this concept. If everyone uses their allotted space above them there should be no issues for anyone. It's when people do this stupid crap that the whole system gets messed up.
It’s the knob that brings everything they own on board. Last flight I was on I saw a woman with 4 carry ons. Largest allowable roller bag with a small bag that won’t fit under the seat resting on top of said roller. A backpack that was also too big to go under the seat. And a medium sized purse. Ridiculous
Should be one overhead space alloyed per seat, period. But the gate workers also need to identify people with too many carry ons.

ETA what arrow said
There aren't that many overhead bins on many planes though. There's been a big push with the "space bins" in the last 5 years or so, which now hold like 6/bin. But previously, each bin held 3-4 bags and was generally the space of 5-6 passenger seats.

Hopefully a problem that goes away with every new plane that replaces an old one, or with every airline that hates how it messes with scheduling enough to retrofit the new style space bins.

That said, first class seats are chock full of jerks not in the bulkhead who board right away and put two bags up. I shamelessly will pull a backpack out if I board without room for my bag (I'm boarding in group 1 usually so its insane when this happens) and just ask if this is someone's bag that can go below their feet so we don't hold up boarding. If nobody answers I give to flight attendant and say "ma'am, I think this bag was left by the previous passengers, just want to make sure it gets to lost and found" quite loudly. Which my flight attendant friends have advised me to do. Works like a charm.
What if that backpack is the only thing someone else brought on, though? I mean, it would be cool of them to put it by their feet anyway, but if they don't need access I could see them preferring it up there so they have as much personal space as the person who brought only one bigger carry on gets.
No way. We live in a society. The appropriate thing to do is wait until boarding closes and then stick it up there if there is room.
I have bad knees. I’m putting my bag up there regardless of size. I need to be able to sort of straighten my legs. And I have never seen someone take a bag out and shame someone over it. I can’t imagine that would ever end well. There’s no way I would sheepishly accept that. No. Way.
That’s fine. It’s selfish. I’m not judging the reason just calling it what it is.
So you Have you pulled someone’s bag out and attempted to shame someone? Like your flight attendant friends have told you to do? Or are you doing this in first class, where you can tell it’s some peasant’s bag from the back of the plane dur to how many 1st class passengers are on the plane? I just can’t fathom this behavior going over well. :lmao:
Probably 4 times last year I asked who’s backpack this is and if there was room under the seat if it was their second bag. Always with a super naive and positive tone like of course anyone who did that would do the right thing and put the pack under their seat.

All 4 times the person was grumbly but immediately knew they were in the wrong so didn’t reject anything. So with a bright smile I just said thank you so much, handed them their personal item sized piece, and put the carry on up there.

Probably 10 times I saw a flight attendant ask the same question to help a passenger in the same situation as me, and around half those the FA correctly said “if the bag is unclaimed, I’ll have to remove it to lost and found and to maintain security.” All of those times someone claimed it and put it under their seat where it belongs.

All of these instances are from first class cabin. I took 122 flights, 74 were booked FC, 41 were upgraded.

I’ve never attempted to shame anyone. If you find that shaming, I can only assume it’s because you know you did wrong.
It makes much more sense from the first class perspective. I thought you were back in row 25 trying to get Hilda to claim her 3rd bag. Carry on.
I've never had a problem in economy because when I am back there, it's always like me, a couple pilots, and a couple other frequent fliers. So tons of bin space lol.
That’s weird. I’m always in the cheaper seats.

When I board, after first class VIPs, seems like there’s plenty of overhead space up front. Meanwhile, the unwashed masses have to fight for the scraps, including the block devoted to crew and safety equipment.

And as a backpack + personal item guy, I have no qualms putting my pack in the overhead. With effort, I probably could squeeze it under the seat, but then my personal item would be on my lap.
Well yeah. As said above, backpack was simply shorthand for personal item. Since like 75% of personal items are backpacks or giant purses.

I know you're being funny, but I'd also say it's not like everyone in first is a VIP. Probably like a third at most. Seems like the majority are like me, just having to fly and absolutely massive amount - and if you've got customers who fly that much, probably makes sense to make their lives a bit easier.
I was upgraded to first once in my life, but only a single seat, and I was traveling with my wife. So I offered it to her, but she declined, because she’d rather be next to me…After that move, I felt forced to relinquish it for coach.

The few times I’ve been upgraded to mid-status seats I thoroughly enjoy turning my nose up at the little people though.

OK, someone post a new peeve, this is getting ridiculous
People who pick their nose while driving where I can see them, either in my rear view or side windows. Just because you're in your car alone doesn't mean others can't see you. On Thursday, I even saw some chick do a pick and eat :yucky:

but there are times where some knucklehead in Row 20 will put his bag above Row 9 or 10 (just behind first class) for some reason.
I have never understood this concept. If everyone uses their allotted space above them there should be no issues for anyone. It's when people do this stupid crap that the whole system gets messed up.
It’s the knob that brings everything they own on board. Last flight I was on I saw a woman with 4 carry ons. Largest allowable roller bag with a small bag that won’t fit under the seat resting on top of said roller. A backpack that was also too big to go under the seat. And a medium sized purse. Ridiculous
Should be one overhead space alloyed per seat, period. But the gate workers also need to identify people with too many carry ons.

ETA what arrow said
There aren't that many overhead bins on many planes though. There's been a big push with the "space bins" in the last 5 years or so, which now hold like 6/bin. But previously, each bin held 3-4 bags and was generally the space of 5-6 passenger seats.

Hopefully a problem that goes away with every new plane that replaces an old one, or with every airline that hates how it messes with scheduling enough to retrofit the new style space bins.

That said, first class seats are chock full of jerks not in the bulkhead who board right away and put two bags up. I shamelessly will pull a backpack out if I board without room for my bag (I'm boarding in group 1 usually so its insane when this happens) and just ask if this is someone's bag that can go below their feet so we don't hold up boarding. If nobody answers I give to flight attendant and say "ma'am, I think this bag was left by the previous passengers, just want to make sure it gets to lost and found" quite loudly. Which my flight attendant friends have advised me to do. Works like a charm.
What if that backpack is the only thing someone else brought on, though? I mean, it would be cool of them to put it by their feet anyway, but if they don't need access I could see them preferring it up there so they have as much personal space as the person who brought only one bigger carry on gets.
No way. We live in a society. The appropriate thing to do is wait until boarding closes and then stick it up there if there is room.
I have bad knees. I’m putting my bag up there regardless of size. I need to be able to sort of straighten my legs. And I have never seen someone take a bag out and shame someone over it. I can’t imagine that would ever end well. There’s no way I would sheepishly accept that. No. Way.
That’s fine. It’s selfish. I’m not judging the reason just calling it what it is.
So you Have you pulled someone’s bag out and attempted to shame someone? Like your flight attendant friends have told you to do? Or are you doing this in first class, where you can tell it’s some peasant’s bag from the back of the plane dur to how many 1st class passengers are on the plane? I just can’t fathom this behavior going over well. :lmao:
Probably 4 times last year I asked who’s backpack this is and if there was room under the seat if it was their second bag. Always with a super naive and positive tone like of course anyone who did that would do the right thing and put the pack under their seat.

All 4 times the person was grumbly but immediately knew they were in the wrong so didn’t reject anything. So with a bright smile I just said thank you so much, handed them their personal item sized piece, and put the carry on up there.

Probably 10 times I saw a flight attendant ask the same question to help a passenger in the same situation as me, and around half those the FA correctly said “if the bag is unclaimed, I’ll have to remove it to lost and found and to maintain security.” All of those times someone claimed it and put it under their seat where it belongs.

All of these instances are from first class cabin. I took 122 flights, 74 were booked FC, 41 were upgraded.

I’ve never attempted to shame anyone. If you find that shaming, I can only assume it’s because you know you did wrong.
It makes much more sense from the first class perspective. I thought you were back in row 25 trying to get Hilda to claim her 3rd bag. Carry on.
I've never had a problem in economy because when I am back there, it's always like me, a couple pilots, and a couple other frequent fliers. So tons of bin space lol.

When I board, after first class VIPs, seems like there’s plenty of overhead space up front. Meanwhile, the unwashed masses have to fight for the scraps, including the block devoted to crew and safety equipment.

And as a backpack + personal item guy, I have no qualms putting my pack in the overhead. With effort, I probably could squeeze it under the seat, but then my personal item would be on my lap.
Well yeah. As said above, backpack was simply shorthand for personal item. Since like 75% of personal items are backpacks or giant purses.

I know you're being funny, but I'd also say it's not like everyone in first is a VIP. Probably like a third at most. Seems like the majority are like me, just having to fly and absolutely massive amount - and if you've got customers who fly that much, probably makes sense to make their lives a bit easier.
I was upgraded to first once in my life, but only a single seat, and I was traveling with my wife. So I offered it to her, but she declined, because she’d rather be next to me…After that move, I felt forced to relinquish it for coach.

The few times I’ve been upgraded to mid-status seats I thoroughly enjoy turning my nose up at the little people though.
When I lived in Austin and traveled to SoCal for work every month, I would frequently get asked by the little kiosk thingy if I wanted to upgrade to 1st for like $50. I would always do it... meant a nice little omelet, more room to relax for the 2.5 hour trip and it made me feel snooty. :bag:

This is so effing prevalent now it drives me nuts. Scroll up a bit in this thread to see my rant about some broad blabbering on her cell phone at an airport bar. Loudly.

A couple times in this thread I've ranted about idiots that watch videos on their phone at full volume at fast food joints or other public places. Idiots.

Cell phones have made people even more oblivious to others lately. I am ALWAYS mindful of others when using my cell. Whether it be watching a video (hello, headphones?) or making a call (try and find a quiet spot away from others).
OMG that one is the worst

ETA what arrow said

When I lived in Austin and traveled to SoCal for work every month, I would frequently get asked by the little kiosk thingy if I wanted to upgrade to 1st for like $50. I would always do it... meant a nice little omelet, more room to relax for the 2.5 hour trip and it made me feel snooty. :bag:
I always tell myself the day I am annoyed not to be upgraded (not disappointed, annoyed) like I have a right to it, is the day I quit because it's made me an entitled *******. So far, it's still awesome and I'm excited every time it happens.

ETA what arrow said

I always tell myself the day I am annoyed not to be upgraded (not disappointed, annoyed) like I have a right to it, is the day I quit because it's made me an entitled *******. So far, it's still awesome and I'm excited every time it happens.
Oh ya I miss the feeling of boarding first and watching all the peons pass me as I sit in my nice wide seat. :)

I do see my name on the board at the gate for United flights, but the entire first class cabin would have to no-show for me to get upgraded. :lol:

ETA what arrow said

More anything?
More everything!

8. People who put 7 peeves in one post.
I had enough for ten but thought that would be a bit much

When my wife was in for a double mastectomy, I am waiting in the surgery units waiting room. A nice large room with a good 20-30 people in it. Everyone is pretty subdued and a few people chatting to one another were doing so quietly.

This lady comes rolling in, gets on her phone and calls a freaking Wal-Mart to complain. She spent the next 20-30 minutes on the phone loudly complaining about some manager who did not accept her return and was rude to her. Over and over and over and over again, saying the same dang thing with the manager going back in the same circles of apologizing and trying to end the call.

My nerves and I am sure most others in the room were already on edge and you have to come in on speaker phone and be as loud as a normal person on a megaphone in a hospital surgery waiting area? :hot: :censored::rant:

Liver King ads on Twitter/X. I don’t know what he is selling but I see that “users have added context” notification and that his secret is steroids. Why hasn’t x pulled these down?

We really need a thread titled general complaints or things that grind my gears.

Liver King ads on Twitter/X. I don’t know what he is selling but I see that “users have added context” notification and that his secret is steroids. Why hasn’t x pulled these down?

We really need a thread titled general complaints or things that grind my gears.
Getting these too. Seems like every 10 posts.

Just found a new pet peeve.
Went to a candlelight concert with the wife this week. String quartet that played a tribute to Coldplay (all Coldplay songs).
4 performers, 3 playing violins and a cello, playing on a stage lit only by about 1000 white candles.
Before the show starts, a young couple, late 20's maybe early 30's, sits down in front of us, row 3, center stage.
Applause as the performers take the stage. Applause as the performers finish their first piece. Then the performers literally ask everyone for audience participation going into their second piece.
"Please make noise ... we want to hear you and know that you are enjoying the show" .... to the maybe 100-150 people in the audience.
Not one time during the show did either of this young couple clap, cheer, or show any appreciation for the 4 performers that were just 30 feet away from us.
They sat there like they were at a movie theater just watching and occasionally taking out phones for photos.
I understand that you paid for tickets and expect to be entertained ... but how can you not give back to the performers by at least clapping?
When the show ended, the audience gave a standing ovation. The young couple stood up ... and still didn't clap. They just stood there ... lol.

Went to a candlelight concert with the wife this week. String quartet that played a tribute to Coldplay (all Coldplay songs).
4 performers, 3 playing violins and a cello, playing on a stage lit only by about 1000 white candles.
Before the show starts, a young couple, late 20's maybe early 30's, sits down in front of us, row 3, center stage.
Applause as the performers take the stage. Applause as the performers finish their first piece. Then the performers literally ask everyone for audience participation going into their second piece.
"Please make noise ... we want to hear you and know that you are enjoying the show" .... to the maybe 100-150 people in the audience.
Not one time during the show did either of this young couple clap, cheer, or show any appreciation for the 4 performers that were just 30 feet away from us.
They sat there like they were at a movie theater just watching and occasionally taking out phones for photos.
I understand that you paid for tickets and expect to be entertained ... but how can you not give back to the performers by at least clapping?
When the show ended, the audience gave a standing ovation. The young couple stood up ... and still didn't clap. They just stood there ... lol.
I'm pretty sure the most disturbing part of all this is that you went to a string quartet honoring Coldplay.

I'm pretty sure the most disturbing part of all this is that you went to a string quartet honoring Coldplay.
What .... I love Coldplay. It was actually very cool. Something to do with the wifey on a Thursday night.
And tickets to the "Fireflies in a Jar, Kazoo tribute to Taylor Swift" were sold out.

... and now I have another pet peeve.

Watch this for 90 seconds ... to get the gist or watch till the end if you would like to see a proper response from the audience.

Watch this for 90 seconds ... to get the gist or watch till the end if you would like to see a proper response from the audience.

There'd be nothing that would annoy me more than going to a candlelight performance for there only to be a bunch of light pollution from a bunch of people recording video on their phones.

I don’t participate in audience theater like described above. I paid I will enjoy myself how I see fit.
Yeah, there were a few of you at this show.
Just curious why you wouldn't show appreciation to the live performers that are entertaining you?
Does it hurt your hands? ... or is it just too much effort for you?
Or is it that because they're getting paid, it's ok for their performance to have a response of silence from the audience?
I'm genuinely curious.

I don’t participate in audience theater like described above. I paid I will enjoy myself how I see fit.
Just curious why you wouldn't show appreciation to the live performers that are entertaining you?
Or is it that because they're getting paid, it's ok for their performance to have a response of silence from the audience?
I'm genuinely curious.
:shrug:
I will clap and holler if I am enjoying the show. Just not on command.

I'm genuinely curious.
:shrug:
I will clap and holler if I am enjoying the show. Just not on command.
You might want to avoid Madonna concerts then.

I don’t really see the big deal here. If they’re gonna be lumps, it’s their loss and doesn’t affect anyone else.

The opposite is much worse — people who are loud/make the whole scene about themselves when it’s a screening/performance that requires quiet.

April Fool's jokes are so played out. In particular, the two I really hate are:

a) Completely plausible story that isn't true. I saw a fake ESPN account tweeting that Tua had signed a contract extension. (Though to be fair, that might have just been a normal dumb fake Twitter account that posts crap like that every day of the year).

b) People who tweet that they're doing something completely opposite of what you would expect them to do. Elon said he's joining Disney's board to focus on DEI. An anti-Trump lawyer said he's joining Trump's legal team.

Does anyone actually find this stuff funny?

This is another of those politics-adjacent pet peeves. When a disaster like the Baltimore bridge collapse happens, there will be lots of people with dumb takes: it's the fault of Biden, or Trump, or DEI, or whatever. Stupid gonna stupid. But in the meantime, people who recognize those are dumb takes rush to their keyboards to highlight how stupid they are. It reminds me of the old joke about the guy who walks up to his friends with a pile of dog poop in his hands and says, "Look what I almost stepped in!"

If you think the bridge collapse was a horrible tragedy and it's wrong for people to politicize it, and your first response is to get outraged at all the people politicizing it, guess what? You're part of the problem.

Flew back from Vegas and I'd say 33% of the people around me on the plane were visibly sick. It is unreasonable of me to expect people who must fly when sick to wear a mask? Is it just acceptable in our society today to do absolutely nothing to try and prevent getting other people sick?

There'd be nothing that would annoy me more than going to a candlelight performance for there only to be a bunch of light pollution from a bunch of people recording video on their phones.
I don't attend a lot of concerts but I went to an Avenged Sevenfold concert last week with my son, paid for good floor seats, and an idiot in front me essentially videoed the entire show on his iPhone, holding it up nice and high, blocking my view for most of the show. Finally about 2-3 songs from the end I saw an "iPhone storage full" error pop up and he finally put the phone down. Why in God's name would you pay good money for floor seats to a concert and then proceed to watch the entire concert on your phone screen rather than just enjoy said concert? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Bought a whole bag of them not reading the fine print. This is going to be a chore.
You can add salt. I know, not the same, but still. Also use em to make a pesto or in some indian dish or some ****

Yeah, I could do that. Complaining is just so much easier.

Also, probably better for fat guys like me to cut out all salt.
Buy some cocoa powder wet the cashews just ever slightly put powder and cashews into a Ziploc bag. Shake and enjoy!

Unsalted cashews. Why?

Bought a whole bag of them not reading the fine print. This is going to be a chore.
You can add salt. I know, not the same, but still. Also use em to make a pesto or in some indian dish or some ****

Buy some cocoa powder wet the cashews just ever slightly put powder and cashews into a Ziploc bag. Shake and enjoy!
Have you actually done this? Cocoa powder tastes terrible.

Unsalted cashews. Why?

balsamic vinegar and confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)

proceed to watch the entire concert on your phone screen rather than just enjoy said concert?
I am in the same boat for confusion. I see people do this all the time and I can't understand it. It totally takes you out of the moment you paid to see. I tried to film a few things in the moment to see what all the hub bub was about. I have never gone back to watch them and I always felt like I missed the moment itself. After one or two attempts at this I decided never again. I paid to be there to experience so I might as well actually experience it.

I work evenings in a liquor store which also sells lottery tickets; do Not say these two things!
  1. Can I get a lottery ticket? Make it the winning one! haha, sooo funny and original. No dumbass, if I had that kind of power I would use it for myself and then find where you work and buy the b business just so I can fire you.
  2. That bottle of thunderbird didn't ring up? It must be free today! Why yes, yes it is...you know what else is free today? The ambulance ride to the hospital your gonna need after I chuck this bottle at your head.

Lol. Yep i just did this. Worst snack idea ever.

I am guessing you meant hot cocoa powder.

Or forgot to say add some sugar. Or honey. Or salt. Or all three.

Can I get a lottery ticket? Make it the winning one! haha, sooo funny and original. No dumbass, if I had that kind of power I would use it for myself and then find where you work and buy the b business just so I can fire you.
Severance package: A large bag of losing lottery tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread