What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carolina Fantasy Options (1 Viewer)

HF21

Footballguy
Is Carolina a fantasy wasteland this year? Does anybody on the Panthers have a shot at top 20 numbers at their respective positions?

Any sneaky plays here?

Smitty looks like he is matched up against true rookie Patterson week 1. You could do worse for a high upside WR3/4

I am quite sure Olsen will be top a top 15 TE this year and has a definite chance to crack the top 10.

I think D. Williams is going to exceed his ADP, and produce at minimum 1,000 yards and 10 TD's. Other than him, maybe Steve Smith gives servicable stats. But the only Panther worth starting week 1 is DWill, imo.

I think D. Williams is going to exceed his ADP, and produce at minimum 1,000 yards and 10 TD's. Other than him, maybe Steve Smith gives servicable stats. But the only Panther worth starting week 1 is DWill, imo.
I generally agree with this but believe he will be a matchup play. Good potential this week against AZ, not so much next week against Packers, good against JAX, etc. Reason being Cam is not good enough yet to be a passing game threat against better teams but against weaker teams CAR should be able to establish the run effectively with DWill's talent and OL strength.

I think Newton is a sneaky play this week if you got the stones to put him in there. This is one defence he may be able to put some numbers up against.

Wouldn't be surprise to see him put up something like.

200 yards passing 2TD, 60 yards rushing 1TD.

Those are very obtainable numbers, and a line like that would put him at close to 30 points for the week and easy top 10, maybe top 5 QB for the week.

In a 4 pt TD league a line like that would outscore an elite no rushing QB going for 300 yards and 3 TD.

It is not a stretch at all in my mind aginst a team starting 2 rookie corners. Newton will use his athleticsm to get yards....and history shows us athetic QB's in the first year put up great numbers rushing (ie. Vick, V.Young, McNabb).

Even look at what Tebow did last year down the stretch in his last 3 games

He put that up with very pedistrian passing yards and TD in 2 of 3 games. I think these are the type of numbers Newton can put up.

I think people are really sleeping on Newton this year in 4pt TD leagues. They don't realize that he doesn't have to put up eye popping passing numbers to outscore some of the elite QB's.

Bold prediction is that this week Newton will outscore 4 of the 6 elite QB's in 4pt TD leagues this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread