What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Commissioner - Can Commish Cheat? (1 Viewer)

One

Not Allowed In Mexico
I was thinking about re-joining an old FBB league that I left years ago, but I'm hesitant and not sure if my hunch about commissioner cheating is valid or not. I've never brought it up, but it's keeping me from re-joining.

It's 14 team 5x5, everyone is experienced and it's always been weighted well in terms of competitiveness the first 10 years. Then our commissioner suddenly clicked and won the league 5 of the next 8 years and magically finished at least top 4 with some pretty average teams and auctions for 8 straight years , not a single down season.

Is there a way to cheat as commish on CBS? Can a commish retroactively change his starting lineup for earlier weeks without it being obvious or the transaction turning red like in football? Have you ever seen or heard of a hole in the CBS Baseball commish privileges?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

You can view lineup transaction on the transactions page. Any done by the commish are highlighted in Red. It also has a date the transaction was made and when it was effective. If he's retroactively changing line-ups, you'd see it there.

rodg12 said:
You can view lineup transaction on the transactions page. Any done by the commish are highlighted in Red. It also has a date the transaction was made and when it was effective. If he's retroactively changing line-ups, you'd see it there.
I think as commish you can delete the lineup transactions after the fact though IIRC. Or maybe that is MFL, can't remember.

rodg12 said:
I think as commish you can delete the lineup transactions after the fact though IIRC. Or maybe that is MFL, can't remember.
Hmm.. Just thinking out loud.

This is possible with CBS's football site, but it's doubtful a football commish would do it because (a.) Most owners will recieve a notice if you input a transaction, (b.) Most football leagues are head to head and your opponent is most likely going to be all over their matchup until a H2H winner is decided on Monday. Besides total points, there is little reason to retro a players after the fact.

In 5x5 baseball however, it seems like it'd be easy to make the change, then delete the retro-transaction in red. There is no way for owners to recieve an alert if something from week 3 is changed in week 12. I guess the best way to check for it is to screen shot every one of the Commish's weekly lineups and cross check them all at the end of the year.

This commish is the kind of guy who measures his own intellect and self-worth in how he performs in fantasy sports. Past college and into kids and marriages, this guy has yet to take his foot off the pedal and is a very likely candidate for cheating or bending rules. You can't have a conversation end without some kind of reference to his uncanny ability to win fantasy leagues.

If you're that worried about him cheating, perhaps its best to just find a different league?

Yeah, a commish change is needed. If other owners suspect the same, just nominate someone else to be the commish, thank Gary for the good times, and move on.

If you're that worried about him cheating, perhaps its best to just find a different league?
True, but it's with about 12 old college friends who now live all over the country. That's the part that has me considering.

True, but it's with about 12 old college friends who now live all over the country. That's the part that has me considering.
In that case, I'd say Dr. D has the right idea. Someone come up with a reason to change the commish. You don't necessarily have to make him aware that you believe he's a lying sack of ####..

In that case, I'd say Dr. D has the right idea. Someone come up with a reason to change the commish. You don't necessarily have to make him aware that you believe he's a lying sack of ####..
Yeah, just pretend you want some other guy to be the commish because they need it for job skills, or because it will help them stay away from their wife during the summer months. Any unemployed in the league? One guy that's really married to a ball-buster? One in every crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread