What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cedric Benson gets 3 game suspension! (1 Viewer)

Scott and Leonard will split carries.

IMO don't bother unless you are desperate.

The Bengals are an absolute mess again with off field issues. Some things never change.

Bernard Scott Anyone? Just went to try to pick him up in a redraft and was already gone...News travels fast.

Scott looked good in the preseason. I think this is a great opportunity for him. If I'm not mistaken, Benson could still appeal the suspension though - so who knows when this even happens.

nfl live is reporting that he's appealing.

not a good day for cincy. goddell should be yelling at brown right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
He can appeal his suspension by Goodell to Goodell. Why think Goodell will reverse his decision?

If it was about a headshot or something and you showed video evidence that it wasn't, OK.

What is Benson going to do? Give a good reason why he was fighting on the street at 4 AM?

He can appeal it and i think he wont get suspended
Without being knowing all the circumstances of the supsension, I think it's safe to say the suspension will not be reduced from 3 games to 0 games given Benson's history. 3 games to 2 games, perhaps.

I dont get how they can suspend anyone for conduct during the lockout when they had no contract with the players. The union should be up in arms. Also how the hell do they go after Benson and leave Britt alone?

I dont get how they can suspend anyone for conduct during the lockout when they had no contract with the players. The union should be up in arms. Also how the hell do they go after Benson and leave Britt alone?
benson was arrested, charged, and convicted of assult twice... britt's first arrest during the lockout was reduced to reckless driving and his second arrest is still pending in court... his suspension could still be coming.

Shhhhhh-Britt and Scott owner

benson was arrested, charged, and convicted of ASSULT. twice... britt's first arrest during the lockout was reduced to reckless driving and his second arrest is still pending in court... his suspension could still be coming for his lastest mishap. for reckless driving? i think not... but the pot charge and resisting arrest perhaps.i think this is finally scott's chance... will he do anything with the chance? who knows... but i wouldn't wait around to see if he does. grab him now if you can.

awesome. I JUST dropped him this week as bensons handcuff cuz I wanted one of the wr wunderkids. How did no one even hear a whisper of this. UGH.
Same hear to pick up Felix's handcuff (damn Monday night games).Benson will be very useful heading into the byes for me.

crap. might drop reggie bush or helu for him. probably reggie bush.

edit: pulled the trigger and dropped bush for him. i'm all aboard the scott train! scott's potential upside is massive imo. i remember starting him 2009:

@OAK

21 car, 119 yards, 5.7 ypc, 3 rec, 32 yards

VS CLE

18 car, 87 yards, 4.8 ypc

Drop Delone Carter for him?
I am faced with the same decision. Just dropped my kicker to snag him up and will figure it out by Sunday.
I just dropped Carter for him. Scott has the opportunity that we're hoping Carter will get. It may not work out but guaranteed opportunity is better than nothing. Both Indy and Cincy suck so it's not like there is a huge disparity.

Bernard Scott Anyone? Just went to try to pick him up in a redraft and was already gone...News travels fast.
Faster than FBG e-mails anyway. I didn't get it until 3:49 CST. I guess I just need to constantly refresh the SP on my phone. If only it wasn't filled with AC questions and "what's the worst trade you've been offered" type of threads.

Weeks 4-6 for CIN...

4: BUF - Weak Run D

5: JAX - Good/Great Run D

6: IND - Poor Run D

I play the Benson owner in week 6, and I have Chris Johnson on a BYE...really hoping he's out for that game!!

If he is though...you could do worse than Scott, who should have good weeks 4 & 6. Also, even though JAX has a good run D...the game shoud be close and he should get a good dose of work/opportunity.

% chance Scott plays well enough to keep the job after Benson comes back?

I'm saying 10% (So you're saying there's a chance!)

Shouldn't Benson have been suspended at the start of the season if it was an off season matter? So Britt who got arrested twice during the lockout and Talib who involved in a shooting both get a slap on the wrist but Benson gets suspended? How were both their actions not a violation of the league conduct policy.

Drop Delone Carter for him?
I am faced with the same decision. Just dropped my kicker to snag him up and will figure it out by Sunday.
I just dropped Carter for him. Scott has the opportunity that we're hoping Carter will get. It may not work out but guaranteed opportunity is better than nothing. Both Indy and Cincy suck so it's not like there is a huge disparity.
Yea I did as well... just hoping that Carter can sit on WW for a week or two until this whole Benson thing is settled. The way I see it, Scott won't stay on WW in my league Carter might.

% chance Scott plays well enough to keep the job after Benson comes back?I'm saying 10% (So you're saying there's a chance!)
Sounds about right to me.To me, if there was going to be a Bernard Scott era, it would have begun this summer, when Ced was a free agent, and getting arrested.The Bengals had so much faith in Scott, they threw a bunch of money at Benson. And the Bengals don't like throwing money at anyone.

% chance Scott plays well enough to keep the job after Benson comes back?I'm saying 10% (So you're saying there's a chance!)
Sounds about right to me.To me, if there was going to be a Bernard Scott era, it would have begun this summer, when Ced was a free agent, and getting arrested.The Bengals had so much faith in Scott, they threw a bunch of money at Benson. And the Bengals don't like throwing money at anyone.
Seems like you are mixing up two different issues: whether Scott will play well enough to take the job, and whether the Bengals made the right personnel evaluation in the offseason.Why have faith in the Bengals front office?Of course, maybe he'll play well enough to take over but they will inexplicably go back to Benson.Benson had no chance of doing anything in the passing game. Maybe Scott will click with the new QB and offense. I think there's an interesting possibility here.

Users who are viewing this thread