What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cedric Benson sentenced to 20 days in jail (1 Viewer)

ChainsawU

Footballguy
LINK

Bengals RB Cedric Benson sentenced to 20 days in jail in deal to settle Texas assault charges

By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, August 29, 3:50 PM

AUSTIN, Texas — Cincinnati Bengals running back Cedric Benson has been sentenced to 20 days in jail after reaching a deal to settle two misdemeanor assault cases in Texas. Benson was in court in Austin, Texas, on Monday and the deal was struck after a jury was picked. He said he will surrender to authorities on Oct. 17, which is the Monday of Cincinnati’s bye week. Benson was arrested in 2010 for allegedly punching a bar employee in Austin, and he pleaded no contest in that case. He was also arrested last month for allegedly punching a former roommate in downtown Austin. That case was dismissed. Benson has been the Bengals’ leading rusher since 2008. The former Texas star was an unrestricted free agent but chose to sign a one-year contract to stay in Cincinnati.

I say kick these thugs out of the NFL. Put them back on the streets where they have to rob, steel and deal drugs to make money.

Sportsline says he'll only miss a practice or two after the bye, not any game time.
So the 20 days aren't consecutive?
Assistant Travis County Prosecuting Attorney Corby Holcomb told The Austin American-Statesman that with credit for good behavior, Benson would serve about a week in jail. If the normal schedule applies, Benson would only miss one or two practices and should be back in Cincinnati by Oct. 26, which would be the first major practice in preparation for the Oct. 30 game at Seattle. “We are pleased that Mr. Benson took responsibility for his actions today,” Holcomb said.

Will Goodell take action on this?Bernard Scott sitting as a free agent right now and I need running back depth.
Analysis: Last week Benson said he had not received a letter from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about a hearing in New York for possible violations of the personal conduct policy. If things go like they have in other lockout-related offenses (i.e. Kenny Britt), Benson should not be suspended by the league. Benson met with Goodell last year about the first Austin incident and was not suspended. It appears like Benson will not miss any game action as a result of the sentence
But Scott should have been drafted anyway already in most leagues.

Will Goodell take action on this?Bernard Scott sitting as a free agent right now and I need running back depth.
Analysis: Last week Benson said he had not received a letter from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about a hearing in New York for possible violations of the personal conduct policy. If things go like they have in other lockout-related offenses (i.e. Kenny Britt), Benson should not be suspended by the league. Benson met with Goodell last year about the first Austin incident and was not suspended. It appears like Benson will not miss any game action as a result of the sentence
But Scott should have been drafted anyway already in most leagues.
12 team leagues with very shallow benches. QB-rb-rb-wr-wr-flex-kicker-defense. 4 players on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id love to know if he will be suspended.

I got scott sitting pretty on my bench.

What I mean by this is : I hope Benson, as a human being, will learn from his mistakes, and come out a better man. In the meantime, Scott will gladly take over, and help a brother out.

Look for Cinci to bring in another back.

If Benson is not going to miss any games, and Goodell let Kenny Britt walk, Talib should have been suspended a year (My opinion), I don't see heavy punishment for Benson right now.

I wouldn't start the Bernard Scott train too quickly.

Who is the QB in Cinci right now?

So to sum it all up, he pleaded no contest to the 2010 charge of assault with injury and was sentenced to 20 days in jail that may be reduced with good behavior. He also pleaded no contest to last month's charge, assault with bodily injury with family violence, which will be dismissed after 30 hours of community service and a restitution payment to the victim.

That is two assault charges in less than a year.

The real question is, will his running style be affected by some good ol' fashioned county jail rape?

COME ON!!!!!!

This guy is nothing special from a production perspective, has been a punk in the league, complained in practice with the Bears about getting hit too hard in practice, has had multiple arrests and convictions, and the Bungles are just gonna keep putting him in the line-up, despite a more explosive back on the bench.

That team is run terribly.

A man's sitting in jail, and all you care about is Bernard Scott. u ppl are sick
what are we suppose to feel sorry for a guy who is serving time for committing a crime!! Please there are millions in prison and I dont feel sorry for any of them unless they were wrongfully accused!!I hope someone beats the hell out of Benson while in jail so maybe he will think twice about being a punk!!!

A man's sitting in jail, and all you care about is Bernard Scott. u ppl are sick
what are we suppose to feel sorry for a guy who is serving time for committing a crime!! Please there are millions in prison and I dont feel sorry for any of them unless they were wrongfully accused!!I hope someone beats the hell out of Benson while in jail so maybe he will think twice about being a punk!!!
:lmao: I always forget some people don't visit the other forums on this board. :lmao:

Look for Cinci to bring in another back.
Why? It's not like CInci didn't know about this. If the NFL isn't going to suspend him and he serves during his bye week, why would Cinci need another RB?
mop is such a bernard scott hater he believes the team would go that far to assure that he doesnt get carries.
Am I a hater or a realist?
well, you think he sucks at football. i dont thats realistic. and there we are.ofc, if benson goes down, i do think the bengals will give him a fantasy relevant workload, as they did 2 yrs ago.

:lmao: I always forget some people don't visit the other forums on this board. :lmao:
:goodposting: Or watch tv, or pay attention to social media, etc...

This thread is funny.

BTW, for those suggesting scooping up Scott in dynasyy - he's only a year younger than Benson. The Bengals starting RB in 2013 (if you even want him or her) isn't on the roster yet.

Users who are viewing this thread