What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Woodson to sign with Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Reports are that there is ZERO signing bonus.  As has been talked about ad nauseum, the Packers had a ton of cap room this year.  The 10.5mil in the first year is base and roster bonus.

This is essentially a 3yr deal for $18 million and they can cut ties at any time with no accelerated cap hit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.The overinflated numbers are an ego boost for him, and a nice little diversion for all the haters.

I am sitting here reading all these posts and :lmao:

Keep up the hate without all the facts! :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 yrs. 18mil for a overrated, washed up corner ? that's the joke... :lmao:
;)

:coffee: We don't hate, we ;) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at the downfall of the Pack.They are one CW injury away from being the L.A. Packers. :D That would put them in cap hell, and keep the at the bottom of the league for 5 more years.
:bag:
Does he know if they are sold the money goes to a tiny America Legion post?American Legion in Green Bay, WI is a private company categorized under Veterans' and Military Organizations. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $64,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1.

Just heard an interview with Woody and he really did not want to go to GB at all. GB was the only team that showed enough interest.

Reports are that there is ZERO signing bonus.  As has been talked about ad nauseum, the Packers had a ton of cap room this year.  The 10.5mil in the first year is base and roster bonus.

This is essentially a 3yr deal for $18 million and they can cut ties at any time with no accelerated cap hit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.The overinflated numbers are an ego boost for him, and a nice little diversion for all the haters.

I am sitting here reading all these posts and :lmao:

Keep up the hate without all the facts! :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 yrs. 18mil for a overrated, washed up corner ? that's the joke... :lmao:
:thumbup:
Sheriff66 was killing it in the pregame thread talking about how he was going to laugh at my whining all offseason. I see he's been brilliant for years. :lmao:

way to go keep on getting all these doubters called out it is good to see who is a true fan and who is a fake job so right on because it shows how most of these dudes dont know jack but sure like to post like they do and that is why they are not nfl executives but are just dudes who live in thier parents basement and eat too much pizza and mountan dew and probaby too many cheetos too but i guess that is cool because it aint easy being cheesy and these wack jobs sure are cheesy

Interesting, looks like it was a nearly-unanimous position among FBG's that this was a bad signing from the Packers. Pretty funny stuff.

Sometimes it turns out the professionals know more than we do, go figure! ;)

:wub: We don't hate, we :excited: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at the downfall of the Pack.They are one CW injury away from being the L.A. Packers. :D That would put them in cap hell, and keep the at the bottom of the league for 5 more years.
:excited:
Does he know if they are sold the money goes to a tiny America Legion post?American Legion in Green Bay, WI is a private company categorized under Veterans' and Military Organizations. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $64,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1.
Does that employee salary get bumped up to the selling price?

Just heard an interview with Woody and he really did not want to go to GB at all. GB was the only team that showed enough interest.
He talked about that a bit this season...that he certainly did not want to come here originally...but they showed the interest so he did. And when he first got here, he and McCarthy clashed a bit and he was unsure of his decision. Then he started playing and getting into it and the fan support and now loves it in GB.

He talked about that a bit this season...that he certainly did not want to come here originally...but they showed the interest so he did. And when he first got here, he and McCarthy clashed a bit and he was unsure of his decision. Then he started playing and getting into it and the fan support and now loves it in GB.
That and Dom Capers was their 3rd pick for DC. Now they are very happy together. Hope they need him less at CB and he can play the LOS even more.

What a waste of money. They could have spent that money on a position that needs a little work.....hmmmm......a RB might help the team this year. Is Woodson going to bring the D up to snuff? I seriously doubt it. :shrug:
I think this is one of my favorites

What a waste of money. They could have spent that money on a position that needs a little work.....hmmmm......a RB might help the team this year. Is Woodson going to bring the D up to snuff? I seriously doubt it. :X
Or this?
All the Free Agents they could have signed...or gotten a QB for the future since Favre is on his last legs...and you go and blow $50 million on a CB that is a shell of what he was once up and coming to be...way to go Green Bay...oh this is sad...however since I don't root for them it's not tragic.
Especially the bolded since Rodgers was drafted the year before.

What a waste of money. They could have spent that money on a position that needs a little work.....hmmmm......a RB might help the team this year. Is Woodson going to bring the D up to snuff? I seriously doubt it. :kicksrock:
Or this?
All the Free Agents they could have signed...or gotten a QB for the future since Favre is on his last legs...and you go and blow $50 million on a CB that is a shell of what he was once up and coming to be...way to go Green Bay...oh this is sad...however since I don't root for them it's not tragic.
Especially the bolded since Rodgers was drafted the year before.
:X

The MoP comment is pretty amazing. I mean any of us can and do make wrong calls about player moves, but to double down like that on a separate position entirely, it is not easy to be that wrong. :headbang:

I think we need a seperate forum where old threads can get bumped so people can make sure they get enough

VINDICATION!

and my PM box is full, sho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I'm not really a fan of all the old post bumping, this one was pretty hilarious.
If anyone can recall the title, I'd like to look back at the 2010 Viking vs. Packer thread. I remember someone pointed out how in 2009, both teams were talking serious trash. But then this year, before their first meeting, neither team was looking very good and all the fans were like, "You guys'll win." "Nah, you guys are gonna win..." :goodposting:ETA: Nevermind, I found it :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread