What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chester Taylor (1 Viewer)

ADP

Footballguy
This to me is funny. Maybe its just me though.

"It is fine," Taylor said of the two-back system. "As long as we do whatever we can to help our team win, that's all that matters right now. I'm at the point of my career where I'm trying to get a ring. That's what's most important to me right now."
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5152485Chester Taylor says he is fine with being backup to Forte and that the most important thing to him right now in his career is to win a ring. Does he not know he just left the Vikings for the Bears?? Does he really think the Bears give him a better chance to win a ring than the Vikings?

To me this is just Chester Taylor trying not to stir the pot. He wants to start. If he didn't care about starting and wanted a ring, he would have stayed in Minnesota.

I've seen the Cardinals and Saints in back-to-back Super Bowls. The Bears in the Super Bowl wouldn't be the most surprising thing to me.

"It is fine," Taylor said of the two-back system. "As long as we do whatever we can to help our team win, that's all that matters right now. I'm at the point of my career where I'm trying to get a ring. That's what's most important to me right now."
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5152485Chester Taylor says he is fine with being backup to Forte and that the most important thing to him right now in his career is to win a ring. Does he not know he just left the Vikings for the Bears?? Does he really think the Bears give him a better chance to win a ring than the Vikings?

To me this is just Chester Taylor trying not to stir the pot. He wants to start. If he didn't care about starting and wanted a ring, he would have stayed in Minnesota.
You dont actually think the Vikings will win a SB, do you? :confused:

You dont actually think the Vikings will win a SB, do you? :goodposting:
I would bet on Vikings before Bears.... :thumbdown:

Spinning back to fantasy, I'm of the opinion that Chester could absolutely ruin Forte's perceived sleeper/rebound status. Even if Forte falls to the 3rd (which he will, coming off last season, right?) I'm not touching him.

Mike Martz probably had a big say in bringing in Chester. Plus they guaranteed him $7 million (of the total $12.5m) this year.

You dont actually think the Vikings will win a SB, do you? :thumbup:
I would bet on Vikings before Bears.... :X
Fr. Time just called...he wants his QB back.

Spinning back to fantasy, I'm of the opinion that Chester could absolutely ruin Forte's perceived sleeper/rebound status. Even if Forte falls to the 3rd (which he will, coming off last season, right?) I'm not touching him.Mike Martz probably had a big say in bringing in Chester. Plus they guaranteed him $7 million (of the total $12.5m) this year.
I was never a Forte fan and Chester in town puts a serious blow into his fantasy value. Avoided him last year and will do it again this year.

What is he supposed to say? If he says, "I am more accomplished, they just gave me the big contract, I expect to start", people would be getting all over him for being a prima donna. Now he says basically, "we'll see how it goes, I just want the team to be successful", he is looked on as not being honest. These guys are all in the NFL because they think they are the man. Brad Smith thinks he is as good as Cotchery and Danny Woodhead thinks he can work over the old man in LT...if not for that mentality, I doubt they would be in the NFL.

Spinning back to fantasy, I'm of the opinion that Chester could absolutely ruin Forte's perceived sleeper/rebound status. Even if Forte falls to the 3rd (which he will, coming off last season, right?) I'm not touching him.

Mike Martz probably had a big say in bringing in Chester. Plus they guaranteed him $7 million (of the total $12.5m) this year.
This is b/c front-loading contracts in an uncapped year is smart cap management.....nothing more.

Spinning back to fantasy, I'm of the opinion that Chester could absolutely ruin Forte's perceived sleeper/rebound status. Even if Forte falls to the 3rd (which he will, coming off last season, right?) I'm not touching him.Mike Martz probably had a big say in bringing in Chester. Plus they guaranteed him $7 million (of the total $12.5m) this year.
I was never a Forte fan and Chester in town puts a serious blow into his fantasy value. Avoided him last year and will do it again this year.
I agree. Those who don't think Taylor will have an impact on Forte's numbers aren't thinking straight. He will definitely have an impact on the Bears rushing attack. IMO Forte is NOT a buy low.

I agree. Those who don't think Taylor will have an impact on Forte's numbers aren't thinking straight. He will definitely have an impact on the Bears rushing attack. IMO Forte is NOT a buy low.
I'm not sure anybody knows what Taylor can do. He's older-- fresh, but older. What if he's not able to make a big contribution? What if he turned his "potential" into a nice payday but isn't really effective anymore, at least to the degree they expect? I don't think Forte is a buy-low, either, because it's clear he doesn't have the confidence of the coaching staff. I'm just not convinced Taylor is the answer. If he is, that part of the gameplan is decent. But if not they'll have to start all over next year with a clean slate. Actions speak louder than words, and money speaks louder than anything. The contract Taylor signed is what tells me that Forte isn't considered the bellcow in Chicago with Martz in town and the coaching staff running out of time.

I'm not sure anybody knows what Taylor can do. He's older-- fresh, but older. What if he's not able to make a big contribution? What if he turned his "potential" into a nice payday but isn't really effective anymore, at least to the degree they expect? I don't think Forte is a buy-low, either, because it's clear he doesn't have the confidence of the coaching staff. I'm just not convinced Taylor is the answer. If he is, that part of the gameplan is decent. But if not they'll have to start all over next year with a clean slate. Actions speak louder than words, and money speaks louder than anything. The contract Taylor signed is what tells me that Forte isn't considered the bellcow in Chicago with Martz in town and the coaching staff running out of time.
A 4 year contract for 12.5 million tells you he is "the man"?Derrick Ward 4 years 17 millionEarnest Graham 4 years 11.05 millionTB carries last year:Caddy-210Ward-114Graham-14

Not that I even think Cutler can get the job done... because I don't think he can. I do know that he definitely can't with the weapons he's been given. His best receiving option is Greg Olsen and has a OC that doesn't use the tight end. They need more playmakers.. the team isn't built to win at all.

benson_will_lead_the_way said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Moonlight_Graham said:
A 4 year contract for 12.5 million tells you he is "the man"?Derrick Ward 4 years 17 millionEarnest Graham 4 years 11.05 millionTB carries last year:Caddy-210Ward-114Graham-14
That's a fair point, but I was thinking more like $7 million guaranteed the first year. That's a pretty big investment for a backup imo. I also consider Tampa to be a unique situation because I don't think the Buccaneers thought Caddy would be as effective or productive, and they certainly weren't going to rely on him. Also, the fact that both of those guys got that kind contract told us that there wouldn't be a primary runner (I don't know what the guaranteed money was). I think Caddy was a nice bonus and changed things (as did the switch to Freeman).Also Tampa is the team that gave Michael Clayton a huge contract while shelling out $9 million for Antonio Bryant during a lost season and then letting him walk.

You dont actually think the Vikings will win a SB, do you? :rolleyes:
I would bet on Vikings before Bears.... ;)
So would I, and so would Chester. But what Chester left out was the other part of the quote that was going through his mind but he didn't say, "and I know I've only got so many years left so I had to get the most cash I could from a possible SB contender and the Bears offered more money."I'm guessing he looked at what SB contenders were out there and who offered the most money and convinced himself that the Bears were better off than they really are. Not to mention, he might be able to unseat Forte...

Users who are viewing this thread