What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (1 Viewer)

Keenan takes the sting out of just getting a 3rd or 4th back for Fields if it goes that way. Allen is one of my favorite players. Yup, he's an age, ankle and hammy concern, but no Charger worked harder last off-season. Through otas and camp he was a beast nobody could cover. As good a route runner as their is in the league. Just the kind of professional this team needs with rookie qb.

Time to change the thread title. Brilliant trade.

Fun fact, the pick traded for Keenan Allen was the one they got for moving down from #9 to #10 in the Jalen Carter/Darnell Wright swap.

So in total the Bryce Young trade returns currently stand at:

1st overall in 2024 (likely Caleb Williams)
2nd rounder in 2025
DJ Moore
Keenan Allen
Darnell Wright
Tyrique Stevenson

They're sure as hell giving Caleb every opportunity to be a superstar right out the gate, aren't they?

I feel like they will still go WR at 9 too.

I think Odunze is the 2nd wr off the board, so likely won't be there.

But it's possible that any of the 3 are there, I guess.

I would have no problem with the Bears drafting one of the top 1-2 defensive player at 1.9 either, assuming 3 qbs, 3 WRs, and Alt are gone.

Last edited:
I would have no problem with the Bears drafting one of the top 1-2 defensive player at 1.9 either, assuming 3 qbs, 3 WRs, and Alt are gone.
If all three WRs and Turner are gone, I hope the Bears trade back to a team who wants McCarthy.

Add another 2nd or third. I like a lot of the second tier WRs in this class.

Poles and the Bears organization are looking like absolute fools with how they're handling the Fields and Williams situation. This is very typical for the Bears and continues to show their incompetency as an organization. I absolutely would not want to come here, if I were Williams now. These people are idiots
Respect the frustration. We are all there. The blunders since the day they lost in the playoffs to the Eagles when they refused to upgrade a kicker. This is complete rebuild so it takes time. Getting key pieces is critical regardless of where they go in the draft. If they blow this draft its going to be seriously bad. Not worth investing time in the McCasky Bears if its another Titanic
I've seen this exact thing many times over with the Bears. It's always a complete rebuild. It's the Bears. Does not excuse how they're handling the Fields situation and only demonstrates it's the same franchise that it's always been. If I'm a player just hitting my prime, I stay as far away from the Bears as possible.
Yes agree its like a dead zone. Im 50 years Bears fan in Texas so watching Texans work helps ease the pain
Reading these last 5ish pages makes my head hurt. You got Carolina to trade you DJ Moore and 4 picks for Bryce Young and now you have the qb of your choice and you want a wr? Just incase Fields gets good some where else? You guys got a gift from God and are like nah hold my beer and watch this.

I thought Philly fans were the worst about letting a guys go and being worried about them being good for another team, but you all are taking this to a whole new level.
its the Bears. With all due respect you read the last 5 pages on this thread. We have endured 38 years of Barney Fife and Fredo Corleone running it into the ground.

Keenan takes the sting out of just getting a 3rd or 4th back for Fields if it goes that way. Allen is one of my favorite players. Yup, he's an age, ankle and hammy concern, but no Charger worked harder last off-season. Through otas and camp he was a beast nobody could cover. As good a route runner as their is in the league. Just the kind of professional this team needs with rookie qb.

him and moore are a cool duo

I think at this point Poles should consider acquiring a quality player for Fields (D Line?) instead of a draft pick. Doubt they would do it but Maxx Crosby for Fields sounds enticing.
I think it would take multiple 1st round picks, and probably not even then, to get Crosby. I do like this idea though. Trading fields for a player may be a better option.

I think at this point Poles should consider acquiring a quality player for Fields (D Line?) instead of a draft pick. Doubt they would do it but Maxx Crosby for Fields sounds enticing.
I think it would take multiple 1st round picks, and probably not even then, to get Crosby. I do like this idea though. Trading fields for a player may be a better option.
Fields and the #9 would probably be a starting point.

The STRONG expectation around the NFL right now- 4 of the first 6 picks will be QB's

If this is the case, then one of the big 3 WRs will be there at 9. Theoretically, we are getting a top 5 pick in the draft when you take out the QBs. Leaves the Bears to decide which of the available players at 9 have a top 5 pick value.

Fun fact, the pick traded for Keenan Allen was the one they got for moving down from #9 to #10 in the Jalen Carter/Darnell Wright swap.

So in total the Bryce Young trade returns currently stand at:

1st overall in 2024 (likely Caleb Williams)
2nd rounder in 2025
DJ Moore
Keenan Allen
Darnell Wright
Tyrique Stevenson
Oh my goodness

He had some stretch last year where he was just dominating on a weekly basis.

Ha you crazy?
At least we have moved on from the earlier proposals of Crosby plus early draft picks for Fields. Why would any team give up a top 3 defensive player for Fields? The Bears are getting a third round draft pick at best for Fields.

Yeah, I followed beat writers and kept reading about his dominance in camp. I drafted him on about 95-100 best ball teams, 3 of 4 redrafts. The only time I missed him in redraft was picking #1 overall and on the 2nd corner took Pollard and Devonta praying he'd make it back. Nope. Oh well.

I like that Waldron spent 4 years with McVay. Goff and Stafford stayed on schedule in that system. Guys get open on schedule. The knock on Caleb is playing off schedule seeking big plays. I think it's a bogus knock considering his pass protection, but nonetheless Keenan's route running keeps any QB on schedule. Lord help me, I'm becoming a Bears fan. haha

Yeah, I followed beat writers and kept reading about his dominance in camp. I drafted him on about 95-100 best ball teams, 3 of 4 redrafts. The only time I missed him in redraft was picking #1 overall and on the 2nd corner took Pollard and Devonta praying he'd make it back. Nope. Oh well.

I like that Waldron spent 4 years with McVay. Goff and Stafford stayed on schedule in that system. Guys get open on schedule. The knock on Caleb is playing off schedule seeking big plays. I think it's a bogus knock considering his pass protection, but nonetheless Keenan's route running keeps any QB on schedule. Lord help me, I'm becoming a Bears fan. haha
I agree with this perspective

Any DL left out there in FA?

Chase Young and Clowney
Wouldn't be opposed to reuniting Sweat and Young, if Young takes like a 1/5 type prove it deal.
Worked so well the first time
When they were healthy together it did. 14 sacks in 7 games last season. Them and Kendall Fuller were the only guys on Washington's D pulling their weight last season, now they have none of them.

If the Bears really want to show that they're a different franchise, they'll take the best tackle available at 9 and have 2 young studs protecting their new QB for years to come. Their receiving core is above average at this point and plenty good to not spend the 9th pick on another.

If the Bears really want to show that they're a different franchise, they'll take the best tackle available at 9 and have 2 young studs protecting their new QB for years to come. Their receiving core is above average at this point and plenty good to not spend the 9th pick on another.
Eff, that, I want all the WR. Give me Nabers or Odunze!
Give Williams ALL the weapons.

Everyone wants a WR. They have pass catchers now and they're much easier to find than a LT

Everyone wants a WR. They have pass catchers now and they're much easier to find than a LT
I'm joking if course, but I'm down for them improving the trenches, whether it be offensive or defensive help. I'm firmly on the side of taking bpa at 9. If that's a lineman, so be it.

100%. So sick of having o line issues.

Agreed. Braxton would be a great transition/rotational OT. Can you imagine the depth on the OL if we can somehow get ALT and then get a OC in the 3rd?

Agreed. Braxton would be a great transition/rotational OT. Can you imagine the depth on the OL if we can somehow get ALT and then get a OC in the 3rd?
Would be awesome

I think Braxton is fine. Bears have a bigger hole at Edge and WR3 to some extent.

I find all the talk of addressing the OL a bit hypocritical since several posters say our OL is fine and JF made then seem worse than they are.

We've signed a starting center, two OTs, traded a 5th for Bates and talking about using a first and third to address the OL... that doesn't scream "OL is fine" to me.

I think Braxton is fine. Bears have a bigger hole at Edge and WR3 to some extent.

I find all the talk of addressing the OL a bit hypocritical since several posters say our OL is fine and JF made then seem worse than they are.

We've signed a starting center, two OTs, traded a 5th for Bates and talking about using a first and third to address the OL... that doesn't scream "OL is fine" to me.
Need a solid starting center and stud LT. Both can be had in the draft and are more important to the qb development than another edge and WR3. If they will go get Josh Reynolds as the WR3, then we're set.

You wouldn't love having a perennial top 5 offensive line?

Users who are viewing this thread