What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Choice gets autograph from Vick after game (1 Viewer)

T Love

Footballguy
Anyone else see this? I have no idea but will his team mates care? Seems like if your in the NFL, you should act like you belong...Anyone else have any sort of problem with this?

Anyone else see this? I have no idea but will his team mates care? Seems like if your in the NFL, you should act like you belong...Anyone else have any sort of problem with this?
my only problem is you getting hammered on sunday nights and starting lame threads.

my only problem is you getting hammered on sunday nights and starting lame threads.
really? first your team has to kill everybody and generally make me sick and then you gotta bang on somebody for starting a post? I like the post. It is a little weird to see it. I know you hear about it from time to time but rarely have I seen it captured on camera.My thoughts on Choice getting Vick's autograph?.... "Lucky!!"

He clearly needed a silent auction item to donate to the Dallas chapter of PETA for their Christmas fundraiser.

To be honest, I thought it was a bit weird, too. But I figured it was for a family member or something. Maybe you do that before a game, but it looks a little strange after you just got beat by the guy.*

* This assumes that NFL players care if they win or lose to any real degree. As long as the money shows up in the bank on Mondays, I doubt most of them lose much sleep over their record.

If you hve a problem with Tashard Choice getting an autograph on a glove after a game between the two for a reason you don't know about, could be for him, could be for a friend or a family member, you probably need to rethink priorities.It's just a game and the people on the field are just people, many of the inexperienced players are just young men. Choice doesn't need your approval after a game to get a glove signed nor swapping of jersey's or anything else like that.

Example #7,293,111 of people overreacting to "news" in the world of new media. Choice got Vick to sign it for a charity he's involved with. As others have said in this thread, players exchange autographs and swap jerseys all the time. You just happened to notice it this time because it was caught on camera.

I never understood this line of logic. I can't stand players that can't get over themselves. Like all of a sudden when a guy makes it to the NFL he's no longer just a man and the only reason they play football is because it's the best money they can make. I love players that are still fans of the game and love it enough to have reverence for an opponent that is talented.

thehornet said:
are you serious dude? He probably got it for his nephew or kid or something. get a grip.
Exactly. Very cool that he's willing to put his ego aside to get this for some kid.That or he wants to sell it on ebay :goodposting:

If it was any other player on the Eagles other than Vick, would we even be having this discussion? If Choice went up to DeSean Jackson, would anyone really care?

I remember when Jeremy Roenick was on the Flyers and they did a piece on him. He was always active in his neighborhood and told the neighborhood kids that they get all A's he will take them to a game.

So he has them all in locker room and asking them questions and they ask for autographs for one of the visiting players, so here's Roenick knocking on the visitor locker room getting the guy to come out and sign autographs.

I know it was all done for the cameras and such but it was still :moneybag:

*How is this relevant? I don't know.

If anyone has any issue with this in any way shape or form, your issues lie much deeper within you.
FWIW, I heard Mike Golic this morning kinda had an issue with it as a former player. For me personally I don't care, just odd to see. But I realize these guys are still fans as well as players.

Clash of the Titans said:
thehornet said:
are you serious dude? He probably got it for his nephew or kid or something. get a grip.
thank you...............it's amazing how this forum has " transformed " the past 3 years or so.......we need a juinor league board now............. :tinfoilhat:
the OP is member #638. not exactly sure how he contributed to "transforming" this forum or anything...

Last edited by a moderator:
griff321 said:
T Love said:
I never understood this line of logic. I can't stand players that can't get over themselves. Like all of a sudden when a guy makes it to the NFL he's no longer just a man and the only reason they play football is because it's the best money they can make. I love players that are still fans of the game and love it enough to have reverence for an opponent that is talented.
:goodposting:

If anyone has any issue with this in any way shape or form, your issues lie much deeper within you.
FWIW, I heard Mike Golic this morning kinda had an issue with it as a former player. For me personally I don't care, just odd to see. But I realize these guys are still fans as well as players.
That's funny, on the Comcast post-game, Vaughn Hebron said it happened all the time and was standard. Like in his day people were always getting Sanders' and Rice's autograph.

I noted in the game thread that Choice was at Ga Tech when Vick played for the Falcons and they likely had some history. And now we know that he got it for his nephew. It did look a little funny and I guess he could have done it more discreetly but he probably wanted to make sure he got it before Christmas.

IMO, anyone who has a major problem with this needs to take a step back and get some perspective.

Poor judgment by Choice. You don't ask for a division rival's autograph right after a football game. It makes you look really bad in the eyes of the fans and I'm sure the veteran players were aggravated by this. I don't have a problem with anyone asking for an autograph, but do it on you own time.

Smart business move by Choice. What can Jerry do? Choice isn't used anyway. The second Jerry were to cut him, he would be signed and starting somewhere. He knows he has no chance as long as Felix Jones is standing next to jerry.

That's funny, on the Comcast post-game, Vaughn Hebron said it happened all the time and was standard. Like in his day people were always getting Sanders' and Rice's autograph.
I only caught a small piece of his comment, but I think it had more to do with him being approached in the middle of the field and in front of all the cameras. No doubt it happens all the time. The players all grew up idolizing certain players just like all of us.

I noted in the game thread that Choice was at Ga Tech when Vick played for the Falcons and they likely had some history. And now we know that he got it for his nephew. It did look a little funny and I guess he could have done it more discreetly but he probably wanted to make sure he got it before Christmas.

IMO, anyone who has a major problem with this needs to take a step back and get some perspective.
And to top it off, now the kid will know there is no Santa!!! :thanks:

Can we please forget about these insignificant NFL stories and focus on the most important NFL story of all time- Will I play on Monday night and keep my consecutive game started streak alive?

TIA,

Mr. Important (Brett Favre)

Choice just apologized on his Twitter account. It seems it really pissed off some Cowboy fans.

Choice went to high school in Lovejoy Georgia (about 20-25 miles from Atlanta) and college at Georgia Tech. He was probably a big fan of Vick in his teens and early twenties when Vick played for the Falcolns.

However, I'm not really buying the story that is was for his 2 year old nephew. How many two year olds know any football players. I'm thinking the autograph was for Choice himself.

I don't think it's wrong to get an autograph from an opposing player but the timing was not good at all. Don't do it on the field in front of everybody just after your team lost the game. Either do it behind close doors or have a ball boy or somebody do it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor judgment by Choice. You don't ask for a division rival's autograph right after a football game. It makes you look really bad in the eyes of the fans and I'm sure the veteran players were aggravated by this. I don't have a problem with anyone asking for an autograph, but do it on you own time.
Wasn't the game over?

Users who are viewing this thread