What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Johnson fined $10,000 for TD celebration (2 Viewers)

he used a prop -- that's the rule.end of story.if he doesn't enforce it how's he going to enforce the next one w/o the players' union wailing?
Well then we should start fining players who dunk the ball over the fieldgoal post as well. Isn't that using a prop?

he used a prop -- that's the rule.end of story.if he doesn't enforce it how's he going to enforce the next one w/o the players' union wailing?
Well then we should start fining players who dunk the ball over the fieldgoal post as well. Isn't that using a prop?
Excellent point.I say the league should just go college rules on excessive celebration and anything that isn't a flip the ball to the ref is a 15-yarder. Can't wait until a multi-million dollar franchise is robbed of a win the way Washington was earlier in the year for celebrating an apparent victory. :goodposting:

I hate when guys express their individuality and have fun playing football. :goodposting:

If only they were all classy robots ...
The problem is this is a team game, maybe they should be playing golf.
That's one thing I don't understand. It is a game being played for entertainment purposes. Stop taking it so seriously and let guys have fun after a td. It adds to the entertainment value. That's less annoying than watching a guy who made a tackle 4 yards downfield jump up and celebrate.
I pay for entertainment so I can see people doing things I am not capable of doing not things a 5 year old can do. If making a fool of yourself is entertainment to you so be it, my standards are higher. OH LOOK AT ME, I SCORED A TD!
Its a natural human reaction to celebrate and to "take it all in" after one pulls off something impressive.
SO when did this become a natural human reaction? Mid 80's?

I hate when guys express their individuality and have fun playing football. :thumbdown:

That's one thing I don't understand. It is a game being played for entertainment purposes. Stop taking it so seriously and let guys have fun after a td. It adds to the entertainment value. That's less annoying than watching a guy who made a tackle 4 yards downfield jump up and celebrate.
I pay for entertainment so I can see people doing things I am not capable of doing not things a 5 year old can do. If making a fool of yourself is entertainment to you so be it, my standards are higher. OH LOOK AT ME, I SCORED A TD!
Its a natural human reaction to celebrate and to "take it all in" after one pulls off something impressive.
Nope. 1974.

-baller said:
your post makes way too much sense . . .

-baller said:
your post makes way too much sense . . .
Are we sure this is the rule? I know you can't use the ball as a prop (Steve Smith Rule), and can't use an externally planted prop (Joe Horn/Sharpie Rule) but are we sure there is anything about explicitly stating that you can't use established field items to celebrate? Like someone else noted, how is that different than the goal post dunking?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3660847

Please explain to me what possible reason the NFL has for fining a man 10 grand for banging on some drums.

Honestly I think this guy (Goodell) has a God complex. I commend him on being tough on players for their unlawful conduct but this kind of thing is ridiculous.

This is wrong on so many levels.
Someone has to stop these guys from acting like 10 year olds.
What do you think the people in the stands want to see? The ones that pay $70 a ticket to sit in the nose-bleeds. This is supposed to be fun. Not 1930's Germany. Is it ok to have some fun? Showing emotion is not allowed? Lot of people acting like 10 year olds in the stands pal.According to you we need to get rid of:

- The Hogs in DC

- The Dog Pound in Cleveland

- The Lambeau Leap

- Beer at the stadium

- The Cheese Heads

- Face and Body Painting

- and more
Sounds good to me.

tombonneau said:
831hoops said:
I hate when guys express their individuality and have fun playing football. :bag:

Nope. 1974.
So what was so special about 1974 that our evolution as a species took this route?

Lot of internet tough guys in here.

Chris Johnson broke the rules his union agreed to in its collective bargaining agreement with the organization the union works for. The organization the union worked for fined Chris Johnson, per its agreement with the union.

If you guys have an issue with the fines, ##### at the NFLPA, not the league.

Users who are viewing this thread