What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Ogbonnaya - sneaky PPR value? (1 Viewer)

prgromek

Footballguy
with bye weeks testing your roster's depth, Ogbonnaya could be a decent PPR play if you need 8-10 points from the RB position.

5 targets in each of the last 2 games, and he even found paydirt last week.

Watching the browns bengals game to talk myself into starting hoyer and ogbonnaya caught my eye. Looks better than McG and that offense looks legit behind hoyer.

Might take a flier on him.

I still have him on my roster as a In-Case-of-Emergency-Break-Glass guy. Not many RBs on the WW that in a pinch if you need to start have a 5-6 pt floor with TD and 8+ catch upside.

I still have him on my roster as a In-Case-of-Emergency-Break-Glass guy. Not many RBs on the WW that in a pinch if you need to start have a 5-6 pt floor with TD and 8+ catch upside.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Any RB getting that many targets needs to be rostered as a possible flex; especially in PPR.

12 targets and a TD last week.

I would imagine he'll be a hot pickup in PPR leagues this week.
The targets jump out at me. I didn't see the game. I always thought of Weeden as a downhill passer. Did he suddenly turn into a checkdown Charlie? Or was that just the specific gameplan against the Lions. He never had more than 5 targets in any game before this. I guess I want to know if this is a trend or an outlier?

The TNF Buffalo game makes it look like he had a dud but Ogbonnaya had a slight concussion or something like that (I think), otherwise he might have become quite the WW priority by now.

This might be a Norv thing but it's hard to think of RBs that have had real passing value under him before. On the other hand it makes sense because the Browns get pretty lacking for targets after Cameron and Gordon.

Dropped McGahee for him and will be starting him this week. Since he is the clear passing down back, I think he'll have a decent showing this week against GB. Don't have much of a choice with Sproles on bye and holding onto Wilson and Vereen.

Was forced to start Silent G and Woodhead in a PPR dynasty with huge line-ups due to injuries for the last two weeks and these are the unspectacular waiver pick-ups that fly under the radar, but help you win 1 or 2 games every season.

I'm feeling this sentiment.

If we take out the game he was concussed in...since the Richardson trade, he's averaged 41 snaps/game; 62 YFS/game and .7 TD's. Granted it's a very small smaple size as far as production is concerned. But as far as usage...someone has to play the position and the guy in front of him is a washed up retread RB who wasn't on the team 4 weeks ago and has come in to average 3 YPC.

Consider that CLE is also 1st in the NFL in pass attempts + sacks incurred, you see that the opportunity for Ogbonnaya to be on the field is legitimate.

He's not special by any means, but I could see his role increasing enough to be a viable low end RB2 Flex play consistently enough.

I remember in one of those crazy post Richardson trade threads someone pointed out Og would be in there the most as he can block, line up at FB or HB and can catch.

According to Outsides Week 6 his snap count was like 57% to lead all RBs and week 4 it was like 55%.

Week 5, again, he got knocked out.

im considering just dropping mcgahee altogether. ogbyn is already catching all the passes and could be a nice rb2 if mcgahee misses time

Willis McGahee was held out of Thursday's practice with an undisclosed injury.
McGahee wasn't on Wednesday's injury report, so it's either a new ailment or a rest day. More than likely, it's just a day of rest for the soon to be 32-year-old back, but that's not for certain. Either way, McGhaee is a low-end RB3/FLEX for Week 7. Chris Ogbonnaya would carry the mail if McGahee misses Sunday's game.

Hope so, Browns are 4-5 and very much in the division and wild card race going into Sunday. They cant keep giving it to 50 year old Willis can they?

I know nothing about his talent...according to that article Oby is the new starter, unless I'm reading to much into what the coaches are saying. Anyone know anything about him?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got him as depth. As of right now he's pencilled in at RB3 behind ADP and Morris. But he's ahead of TRich and Quizz.

I got him as depth. As of right now he's pencilled in at RB3 behind ADP and Morris. But he's ahead of TRich and Quizz.
I'd like to see where more peoples thoughts are regarding his ranking and talent he brings to the table, thanks to the OP for bringing him to my attention.

Picked him up as a flier in a couple of leagues. Him and Jacquizz are my depth backups, with Michael Bush and Turbin as handcuffs.

Dropped Dennis Johnson for him in another league where I do not have Tate.

Not expecting much, but flashes of Dominic Rhodes and Pierre Thomas from years past make me willing to give it a shot.

I want to drop Trent Richardson for Chris Ogbonnaya so bad, but I'm too chicken. TRich has got one more game to show me something, anything, or I'm pulling Ogbonnaya off waivers. He seems to be flying under-the-radar in our league.

I have been saying this all along.. If he could get 15-20 touches he would be rb2 legit in ppr easy maybe better. He is a reception machine and would love to see 15 carries 7 catches per and he would be top 15-20 in ppr for ros..

I have been saying this all along.. If he could get 15-20 touches he would be rb2 legit in ppr easy maybe better. He is a reception machine and would love to see 15 carries 7 catches per and he would be top 15-20 in ppr for ros..
7 catches per? I don't think that's realistic. Woodhead is the leading pass-catcher among RBs and he averages less than 6 per game.

I want to drop Trent Richardson for Chris Ogbonnaya so bad, but I'm too chicken. TRich has got one more game to show me something, anything, or I'm pulling Ogbonnaya off waivers. He seems to be flying under-the-radar in our league.
Feel free to drop him....first half and 1 carry for 1 yard. :X

Rotoworld:

Chris Ogbonnaya led the Browns backfield with 48 snaps in Sunday's loss at Cincy.

Willis McGahee (eight touches) played just 13 snaps and Fozzy Whittaker (nine touches) got 23. Ogbonnaya racked up 99 yards on his 14 touches as the Browns fulfilled their promise to get him more early-down work. He's also averaging 3.8 catches per day over the last eight games, giving the fullback type some desperation PPR appeal. The Browns have plus matchups against the Steelers and Jags on deck.

Related: Fozzy Whittaker, Willis McGahee

Source: profootballfocus.com

That 1st 50 yard scamper you think you found something but he was quiet the rest of the day. He is gonna be up n down a lot if you decide to roll with him every week.

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN, Willis McGahee (concussion) seems "very doubtful" for Sunday's game against the Bears.

McGahee's likely absence leaves Chris Ogbonnaya as a potential starter against a Bears defense that has surrendered 100-yard rushing days to six consecutive opponents (Eddie Lacy, Reggie Bush, Ray Rice, Benny Cunningham, Adrian Peterson and DeMarco Murray). Ogbonnaya isn't the runner that those guys are, but he's averaging 5.33 YPC on 42 carries this season and is a big part of the passing game (41 catches on the season). He'll get the Bears on a short week and at home. Owners in search of plug-n-play RB2 candidates could do much worse than gambling on Ogbonnaya.

Related: Willis McGahee, Edwin Baker, Fozzy Whittaker

Source: ESPN.com

Roster Cancer because he will do just enough one week riding your bench to make you think about starting him and then it's a goose egg or single digits the week you play him. No rhyme or reason.

Roster Cancer because he will do just enough one week riding your bench to make you think about starting him and then it's a goose egg or single digits the week you play him. No rhyme or reason.
:goodposting:

Rode the Silent G train once this year already, and am not re-embarking. They have McGahee and Fozzy who seem to just enough to make Ogbonnaya's potential performance that much more variable than it is already.

:goodposting:

Rode the Silent G train once this year already, and am not re-embarking. They have McGahee and Fozzy who seem to just enough to make Ogbonnaya's potential performance that much more variable than it is already.
McGahee has been described as "very doubtful" following his concussion and the Browns have already signed another RB.

I feel the same way about Oby, but then the matchup looks great. On the other hand the Browns don't like to run it much anyway and when they do they don't do it well. Oby did have a couple nice games earlier in the year though, but he also had a couple bricks when given a chance.

I can't decide if playing this guy is a shark move or a trap. The last time it looked like he was going to get increased carries, he ended up with all of 8 carries. The Browns just don't like to run the ball, and the coaches haven't indicated how the load would be split between Whitaker and Oby.

Users who are viewing this thread