What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas Gift Ideas - Now 2021 (1 Viewer)

We are renovating the kitchen. Just tore the thing down on Tuesday. New cabinets are halfway in. Template being taken tomorrow for counter tops. This is not cheap and of course my wife laid this trap for me. "Let's just say the kitchen is our Christmas gift to each other." We all know how that goes, don't we? If I truly get her nothing for Christmas then I'll be in a dog house. So what can I do that's small/fairly cheap that I can get her so I'm not in the dog house? 

Get her an exercise bike 😂

No find some cheap tickets to the local orchestra if you are both into that or taking her out too a nice dinner somewhere. 

Yeah we all know the bolded ends poorly if you don't get her anything. My parents got my brothers a big gift the one year that ended up being our birthdays/XMass gift and gave us the same excuse. So we all chipped in about 25 from each of us for a Tiffany's gift card. 

@Nugget Can we get an update on the thread title? TIA.

As usual, I'm having a hard time finding something for the wife. We tend to buy what we want, when we want so when it comes to Christmas, nothing obvious comes up. So now I am thinking, what could I buy for my wife that she wouldn't buy for herself? No sooner than I start thinking about that while surfing the Facebooks than an add from this company pops up - https://dagsmejan.com/

Who doesn't need $235 sleepwear? I mean come on, she would NEVER buy these for herself. So if they are as comfortable as they say they are my wife will either A. Love them and never bother looking at what they cost or B. Love them, see what they cost and get annoyed at me that I would spend that much money on a pair of pajamas, feel guilty about keeping them and ask me to return them.

Anyone else run into that type of problem when buying gifts for the significant other?

Anyone else run into that type of problem when buying gifts for the significant other?
I think the very definition of a good gift is something they would love, but wouldn't get themselves. So you on the right track, IMO.

Whatever my budget is, I want to get the best version of some item at that price. If the budget is $200, I want something that is amazing quality for $200. If you get someone a $100 jacket, it's meh. You get someone a $100 pen, that's luxury, and you have a better chance they will have it for a long time

The above guy has the right idea. But if you are stumped, instead of a generic box store $100.00 gift card how about just $100.00 cash. That's something I can spend anywhere.

@Nugget Can we get an update on the thread title? TIA.

As usual, I'm having a hard time finding something for the wife. We tend to buy what we want, when we want so when it comes to Christmas, nothing obvious comes up. So now I am thinking, what could I buy for my wife that she wouldn't buy for herself? No sooner than I start thinking about that while surfing the Facebooks than an add from this company pops up - https://dagsmejan.com/

Who doesn't need $235 sleepwear? I mean come on, she would NEVER buy these for herself. So if they are as comfortable as they say they are my wife will either A. Love them and never bother looking at what they cost or B. Love them, see what they cost and get annoyed at me that I would spend that much money on a pair of pajamas, feel guilty about keeping them and ask me to return them.

My wife has started to embrace cooking more, and shes getting pretty darn good at it(yay me). So while we do have a run of the mill, semi OK knife set, I went out and got her a super nice chef's knife. And I told her son to get her a fairly nice rolling pin. Ceramic or whatever. She's always complaining about wanting those things.
Of course, she went out and bought some cheap-o rolling pin from Kohls just last week. I told her to stop buying things before Christmas. Sigh.
Other hurdle, we share everything financially. So buying the knife would show up on our CC statement prior to her receiving it. So I talked her brother into buying it for me, and will pay him after the holiday.

I was getting my wife a touchscreen for her 2010 Ford Edge. Thing is, by the time I get the head unit that’s wireless, the harness, the kit, the flux capacitor, antenna adaptor, plastic tools, etc, I’m in for like $800.

All so she can use a 7” screen that looks exactly like the newest iPhone screen that’s mounted only inches away from this screen.

Crap. I thought I was all set but now I gotta rethink this.

Users who are viewing this thread