What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas Gift Ideas - Now 2021 (1 Viewer)

My wife and the other wives in the neighborhood have been loving this thing especially as folks try to socialize outside before it's definitely too cold. Might go on sale for BF or Cyber Monday. If you are a Costco member, the one near me is now selling them for $23 in store, which is a very good deal. Costco.com has a 2-pack for $45.
Yup, already got one for the wife.

Since we're on the t-shirt topic, I've bought a couple from this site. They have some amazing vintage Vegas designs for the degen in your life. Pro tip: pay the extra $3 for the luxury blend. 

https://www.m00nshot.com/

Since we're on the t-shirt topic, I've bought a couple from this site. They have some amazing vintage Vegas designs for the degen in your life. Pro tip: pay the extra $3 for the luxury blend. 

https://www.m00nshot.com/
Cool, got my wife a camping themed one.  She and the kids love going camping so she'll be happy with a fun shirt like that.

https://www.rooballs.com/aussie-kangaroo-scrotum-bottle-opener

Want to be a true baller? Then grab that Triple IPA and crack it open with the scrotum of a Red Kangaroo. Or an Eastern Grey. Roo Balls turns (humanely and legally acquired*) castrated kangaroo bits into beer and wine bottle openers.

Supported by boxer briefs and the slogan "Grab a pair!" Roo Balls is the first company to gain clearance (and probably the only ever to ask) to peddle authentic kanga-sacks as barware in the US. Their 2 styles of bottle opener feature the pairs of a pair of Australian marsupial stars, the Red Kangaroo (Macropus rufus) and the Eastern Grey Kangaroo (Macropus giganteus). Both taxidermied nutsacks are Vagisoft and, well, awkwardly pleasing to the touch. I mean, you can't look these sets of furry balls and unknow that they're sets of furry balls, but if you could...for just a moment...you might find it extremely soothing to cup, cradle, and stroke them. I mean, I don't. At all. But you might.

Big Red Bottle Openers incorporate the Red Kangaroo's balls. This species is the largest of all kangaroos, with full, light fur that varies from longer and slightly curly to a more trim coat. Roo Balls has informed me that buyers are able to request "wild" or "roo scaped" nether regions in the Notes section of their Big Red check-out form. Eastern Grey Bottle Openers feature the smaller and more common of the two kangaroos. Fur on these berries is sparse and darker in color, with a higher likelihood of bald patches and the occasional prominent scar. In other words, the ballsier set of balls. 

Want to be a true baller? Then grab that Triple IPA and crack it open with the scrotum of a Red Kangaroo. Or an Eastern Grey. Roo Balls turns (humanely and legally acquired*) castrated kangaroo bits into beer and wine bottle openers.

Supported by boxer briefs and the slogan "Grab a pair!" Roo Balls is the first company to gain clearance (and probably the only ever to ask) to peddle authentic kanga-sacks as barware in the US. Their 2 styles of bottle opener feature the pairs of a pair of Australian marsupial stars, the Red Kangaroo (Macropus rufus) and the Eastern Grey Kangaroo (Macropus giganteus). Both taxidermied nutsacks are Vagisoft and, well, awkwardly pleasing to the touch. I mean, you can't look these sets of furry balls and unknow that they're sets of furry balls, but if you could...for just a moment...you might find it extremely soothing to cup, cradle, and stroke them. I mean, I don't. At all. But you might.

Big Red Bottle Openers incorporate the Red Kangaroo's balls. This species is the largest of all kangaroos, with full, light fur that varies from longer and slightly curly to a more trim coat. Roo Balls has informed me that buyers are able to request "wild" or "roo scaped" nether regions in the Notes section of their Big Red check-out form. Eastern Grey Bottle Openers feature the smaller and more common of the two kangaroos. Fur on these berries is sparse and darker in color, with a higher likelihood of bald patches and the occasional prominent scar. In other words, the ballsier set of balls. 
Say what now

Just got back from my usual Christmastime expedition to the local Bed Bath & Beyond (yup I am basically Frank the Tank) and there's a Ross next door.  Between these two places I always find some fun things for the wife and kids.  I usually walk around the huge mall too (really gets me in the Christmas spirit) but didn't do that this time. Went to go have a chili dog at the Weinerschnitzel but their outdoor dining is closed soooo.... 

Oh and I am SO bad at wrapping.  I work at my parents' place once or twice a week, so I'll have my mom help me.  :lol:   I know, I suck.  

I still need to go and buy a bunch of lotto tickets to stuff in wife and kids' stockings.  They love those.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus for the Rest of Us!

I think your mom gave something like this me back in the 80s.  

@Nugget - want to update the thread title for this year?

Any wife gift suggestions from folks this year.

I just started a separate thread about adding Apple CarPlay to my wife's car but so fat that's all I've got idea-wise.

Always looking for something new/different.. One year bought one of those hand mold kits https://www.amazon.com/hand-mold-kit/s?k=hand+mold+kit that the wife loved and people who visit and see it love it also..

This year I am Hoping this as fun as it looks.. Adventure challenge

We shall see starting Christmas day...

:popcorn:

That adventure challenge looks cool. I'm getting that. Thanks!

We just started that.  Great so far.  👍

I'm in for the Adventure Challenge!  The Hand Mold...nah.  

Thanks @snogger

For those who got this - what did you end up thinking about it?  Can you give some examples of what's in it and how well it went over with your families?

Good bump. Yes, we go hard in the paint for Christmas. We can’t help it. 

I got my wife

Apple watch

yukon solo stove

boots - black 

sports bras and matching pants - under armor

Bombas Socks with the treads on the bottom 

sweatpants w matching hoodie 

Patagonia vest 

nike AirMax 270 

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who got this - what did you end up thinking about it?  Can you give some examples of what's in it and how well it went over with your families?

I got it for my son and daughter-in-law for one of their gifts last year.   I never saw it again nor did I ever hear them talk about it so I'm going to say it was a dud.

So I wanted to "splurge" on my wife this year and get her one nice gift. I put splurge in quotes because of Steadymobbin.

First, I was thinking of getting her a pearl necklace (lol) but then went in her jewelry drawer and noticed she has 2 she never wears and Im not even sure if they are real.

Then I was thinking of getting her an Apple watch but shes not very tech savvy (she still refuses to record shows in HD, barely uses her iPhone for anything other than texting and browsing social media).

So now Im thinking a nice set of diamond stud earrings.

So I wanted to "splurge" on my wife this year and get her one nice gift. I put splurge in quotes because of Steadymobbin.

First, I was thinking of getting her a pearl necklace (lol) but then went in her jewelry drawer and noticed she has 2 she never wears and Im not even sure if they are real.

Then I was thinking of getting her an Apple watch but shes not very tech savvy (she still refuses to record shows in HD, barely uses her iPhone for anything other than texting and browsing social media).

That’s a good idea. Does she wear a watch? That might cost you the same and get more use. 

ETA - meaning a gold watch 

ehhhh, we opened it and scratched off one of them.  It had something to do about creating a song and performing it.  We closed it and have never touched it again.  

I might wrap it again this year.  

Ive been seeing ads about The Adventure Challenge "In Bed" on Facebook. Could be a good gift for both.

Sorry I see its not coming until Feb. 

No woman wears a pearl necklace unless she's dressing up as a 60's housewife or going to a Braves game.

Real diamond earrings is a waste of money.  You literally can't tell the difference to nice fakes and 90% of the time their hair covers them up anyways (unless rocking the short mom-cut).  Hell, most women will be scared to wear real diamond earrings in fear of them falling out or losing them.  Assuming they are real they won't be overly large which means even a greater chance of losing them easily.

A watch or nice bracelet is better bet if wanting the jewelry route.

We did one of the adventures and then .. well .. it sits around collecting dust.. Just wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.. Maybe it's an "Age" thing :shrug:  

@Nugget - for you and other KC area folks - if you are into history the World War I Museum has an immersion exhibit going on right now.

It's called War Remains. Sounds interesting and terrifying at the same time, but also I've heard it's really cool from a history perspective.

I bought tickets for my wife and I as one of her Christmas gifts as we both like stuff like this. 

For any woman that is a sentimental photo collector:

https://auraframes.com/

Digital picture frame. So it has to be plugged in. You add pics to the app, which is synced to the frame you bought, and the frame cycles through them. You pick the speed, yada yada yada. 

One cool thing about this thing is that when you buy one, you can download the app, load up the frame with a bunch of pics, before it even comes out of the box. Gets unwrapped, plugged in, and bam, all your pics are already on there. Multiple people can be on the app, and anyone with the app can load pics to the frame. Pretty cool

She's really upset with me again

I didn't give her what she likes
I don't know what to tell her
Don't know what to say
Everything got funky last night
She was really bombed

And I was really blown away
Until I asked her what she wanted
And this is what she had to say
A pearl necklace
She wanna pearl necklace
She wanna pearl necklace
She gets a charge out of bein' so weird

Some nail polish.  Apparently OPI brand?

Airpod Pro

Rumpl Nanoloft blanket.  It is awesome but pricey.  Can wear it like a cape.

Hydroflask 24oz coffee mug.

Some bath bombs

The GF is petite and is always cold... 

A few little things: 

• Bombas wool calf socks (4pk)
  • Turtle Fur Wool Toque/Hat
  • Fleece Lined sweatpants (Not flattering but warm around the house). 

Here is an idea, tell everyone to not buy you useless crap & use the $ for someone that needs it or their kids.

As every year, I tell everyone buy yourself something or your kids, etc.

The other half is an ESL teacher in the ghetto. Told her to do something for her students. I have what I need. People on this planet need help and don't get it b/c no one really cares enough. Help them. No one should be homeless, starving, etc. Especially kids that did not ask to be born

Here is an idea, tell everyone to not buy you useless crap & use the $ for someone that needs it or their kids.

As every year, I tell everyone buy yourself something or your kids, etc.

The other half is an ESL teacher in the ghetto. Told her to do something for her students. I have what I need. People on this planet need help and don't get it b/c no one really cares enough. Help them. No one should be homeless, starving, etc. Especially kids that did not ask to be born
Here’s an idea, don’t virtue signal and/or tell others how to spend their money. 

I agree with you but if you have the means, you can do both, spoil your loved ones AND help others in need. 

Users who are viewing this thread