What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas Gift Ideas - Now 2021 (1 Viewer)

My wife would divorce me if I got her some pots and pans as a gift. But there would probably be some violence first 
what if your wife said "i want pots and pans for christmas. i know it's stupid, but that's what i want. that's the only thing i want."?

would you get in trouble for buying other items? would you not buy the pots & pans, but only buy other items?

asking for a friend who's probably a lot more dumber than you think, who has a track record of both doing what was explicitly directed, and trying to read the tea leaves only to find out that both approaches are wrong so.. you might be able to understand how difficult this could be for him.

also>  @Mrs. Furley >  this isn't about you :bye:  

Last edited by a moderator:
what if your wife said "i want pots and pans for christmas. i know it's stupid, but that's what i want. that's the only thing i want."?

would you get in trouble for buying other items? would you not buy the pots & pans, but only buy other items?

asking for a friend who's probably a lot more dumber than you think, who has a track record of both doing what was explicitly directed, and trying to read the tea leaves only to find out that both approaches are wrong so.. you might be able to understand how difficult this could be for him.

I think I'd want that in writing.

I'm not nuts, which makes this easier.  If I say that stuff, I actually mean it.  If we buy something expensive for both of us, we usually just get a small something extra to give on the day.

That's the only thing you should spend real money on but you should still get something fun to open just not something expensive. Something small and personal on Christmas morning is mandatory but it doesn't have to cost much.  

If she didn't tell you exactly which pots and pans then you should ask her or get a gift receipt. Personally if I'm asking for something directly then I'd rather get what I want than get a surprise and a gift receipt. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker/dp/B00N3L2DMG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3S5D2JKI5D2R8&dchild=1&keywords=hamilton+beach+breakfast+sandwich+maker+double&qid=1605552389&sprefix=Hamilton+beach+brea%2Caps%2C220&sr=8-1

My wife got me this for our anniversary.  I thought it was gimmicky bull#### but I have been using it a ton.  Easy to use easy to clean up and does a good enough job.  Current favorite is either a thomas mini bagel or pretzel roll, with extra sharp cheddar "cracker cuts", sliced Canadian bacon from the deli counter, and a cracked yolk egg with salt and pepper. Total time is about 6 minutes and it's like 300 calories.  

https://smile.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker/dp/B00N3L2DMG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3S5D2JKI5D2R8&dchild=1&keywords=hamilton+beach+breakfast+sandwich+maker+double&qid=1605552389&sprefix=Hamilton+beach+brea%2Caps%2C220&sr=8-1

My wife got me this for our anniversary.  I thought it was gimmicky bull#### but I have been using it a ton.  Easy to use easy to clean up and does a good enough job.  Current favorite is either a thomas mini bagel or pretzel roll, with extra sharp cheddar "cracker cuts", sliced Canadian bacon from the deli counter, and a cracked yolk egg with salt and pepper. Total time is about 6 minutes and it's like 300 calories.  
:goodposting:  I got one of these a few years ago, still use it quite a bit. 

If anyone is on the fence with the Adventure Challenge books, they just sent a message that they're having a 20% off everything sale today.

Use code FLASH20

This year I am Hoping this as fun as it looks.. Adventure challenge
For those looking at the Adventure Challenge, you might be interested in https://www.findersseekers.com/

Think of it like The Amazing Race w/ Brain-teasers (that you can do in your home)

• Each month is a different location.  I've personally done the Hawaii box, the Boston box.......Have Toronto, London, and Bejing still to do.
  • Each box has about 8-10 brain-teasers/puzzles/crypto-grams/logic puzzles, etc.......I must say they take some time to get thru (~2-3 hrs per box)  
    And if you get stumped on 1, there is a website where you can ask for a hint that doesn't give you the answer outright.
  • Each month provides a little history or info on the locale.   (the Boston box had a map & some historical info was incorporated into the puzzles, but you don't have to had traveled there to do the puzzles)
Great to do as a family or invite friends over......especially for the pandemic times we are currently under

They have subscriptions (1, 3, 6, or 12 mth).  I bought a 6 month subscription for me & my wife which averaged out to ~$25-30 per month (using a promo code).  The best part is that when we completed a box, we made sure not to destroy or write on the provided material & gave it to neighbors or other family  members (so great to "re-gift")

What type of cooking surface does she use?  What kinds of foods does she cook?  Some people don't need the small fry pan at all, some love or hate non stick, some never use the large pot except for corn on the cob or a rare spaghetti dinner. For me if I only had a large nonstick fry pan, a medium sauce pan and a la crueset Dutch oven I'd be good for 90 percent of my cooking, so getting a couple nice pans would make sense. 

What type of cooking surface does she use?  What kinds of foods does she cook?  Some people don't need the small fry pan at all, some love or hate non stick, some never use the large pot except for corn on the cob or a rare spaghetti dinner. For me if I only had a large nonstick fry pan, a medium sauce pan and a la crueset Dutch oven I'd be good for 90 percent of my cooking, so getting a couple nice pans would make sense. 
when you say "she", you mean "furley", right?

i cook. she likes to tell me that the equipment i'm using isn't sufficient (not a euphemism).  it's very complex stuff with a number of conspiring factors involved to make it so the pots and pans she isn't using need to be replaced. 

if you've ever watched Monk you might have a sense of what's going on

i cook. she likes to tell me that the equipment i'm using isn't sufficient (not a euphemism).  it's very complex stuff with a number of conspiring factors involved to make it so the pots and pans she isn't using need to be replaced. 

You cook?  And she's complaining?  You are a god.  I hate cooking.

Not intending this to be snarky: It doesn’t sound like you can fix this problem with some new pots and pans.

Jeebus, man, this sounds awful.

Anyone's significant other into Schitt's Creek?  My wife is so I found an adult coloring book on Facebook for $22 with shipping.  Pricey, but fun.  She loves paint-by-numbers so I figured she'd like the relaxation of coloring her favorite Netflix series characters :lol:

I play this game with my wife in regard to the laundry.

She never does laundry (I do), our washer and dryer are great.  She is always wanting to buy new ones.  Like start a fight over it type of wanting to buy new ones.  :lol:  

She never does laundry (I do), our washer and dryer are great.  She is always wanting to buy new ones.  Like start a fight over it type of wanting to buy new ones.  :lol:  
unfortunately, we play this game as well.

Does she say why?  I don't understand.  I do the laundry, and I never think about buying new appliances until I need to.

Something fancy or just one of those rockers to sit in front of the TV?  These seem to be a big black Friday thing at Menards/Walmart/Target/Meijer.
Was looking at the fancy one to double as a distance learning chair but he’s probably too short for those . I’ll look into the rockers

Does she say why?  I don't understand.  I do the laundry, and I never think about buying new appliances until I need to.
If I understood it I would probably handle it better myself.

She will just have washers and dryers up on her phone while we are watching a show.  Lowe's appears to be in her lunch break store rotation... she will text me pictures of washer and dryer combos asking which I like better, etc.  :shrug:

eta - she does this with more than just washer/dryers.  I always chalked it up to woman shopping instincts.  Who knows.

And what if she wants fancy copper pots to hang from the ceiling like those fancy kitchens you see on TV? 

Bought this for me when I couldn't reach an awkward screw with my drill, and wound up getting two more for my BILs, who, as middle aged men, we always have trouble shopping for.

I also got these gloves as a birthday present, and scoffed at them.  I've since realized that they are really nice to have when I'm doing anything cold and wet (cleaning gutters being #1).

My wife loves these little ceramic knives.

We are renovating the kitchen. Just tore the thing down on Tuesday. New cabinets are halfway in. Template being taken tomorrow for counter tops. This is not cheap and of course my wife laid this trap for me. "Let's just say the kitchen is our Christmas gift to each other." We all know how that goes, don't we? If I truly get her nothing for Christmas then I'll be in a dog house. So what can I do that's small/fairly cheap that I can get her so I'm not in the dog house? 
**** in a box, can’t go wrong  :thumbup:

any good cookware recommendations?

i've got 10" and 12" Lodge cast iron pans, but everything else is worn out.. and my wife doesn't like using the cast iron so i've got to buy like a 6 or 8 piece set upgrade.
The Sur la Table knock-off of All-Clad has served us well over the years. 

Le Crusset enameled cast iron is great and very durable. Don't do for knock off on that one unless you want enamel in your food. 

My wife and the other wives in the neighborhood have been loving this thing especially as folks try to socialize outside before it's definitely too cold. Might go on sale for BF or Cyber Monday. If you are a Costco member, the one near me is now selling them for $23 in store, which is a very good deal. Costco.com has a 2-pack for $45.

This has been a difficult year. Two teen daughters who have everything they need. Looks like the gift card for clothes route might be best for us. 

Really struggling with the Mrs. too. Thinking a nice robe might be nice. 

This has been a difficult year. Two teen daughters who have everything they need. Looks like the gift card for clothes route might be best for us. 

Instead of a gift card give them clothes the might like from a store they like that has a good return policy and give them the gift receipt. Let them open something and try it on, and then they can decide what to keep and what to return. 

Get them something cool for their room that they can show off when they're on zoom or houseparty or whatever they use. 

Karaoke machine and do a family talent show. Take video and put together a 2020 video montage with their singing at the beginning and then pictures and video of the year. Give them the completed video on new year's eve. 

Here's one for you, fellas. I go to this well so often that it might dry up for me soon. Personalized decorative stuff because that storage room in the basement dedicated to holiday decorations is not going to fill itself. My wife now decorates for St. Patrick's day (we are very Irish), Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas (obviously not all at the same time). So this stuff is gold. And my mom and sister fawn of the crap I buy on there so now I just grab something for them and personalize it with their names and suddenly buying stuff for my mom and sister is easy as pie. You can thank me later. 

It's weird that there was never a female equivalent to that song because I bet a lot of guys would reach in a gift box like hmm, I don't feel anything... just some tissue paper... is it down here on the bottom... wait, is that a... IT'S JUST WHAT I WANTED HOW DID YOU KNOW

Check out the classic robe from Snowe.com. Got one for my wife last year and she loves it. Not cheap, but on BF/Cyber Monday you can get it around $80. Excellent quality.

Also, unrelated to the robe request - my son got me a rocks glass from this place last year. They put your local street map etched on a rocks glass, pint glass, wine glass, etc. You can also add a message on the side or bottom. It's pretty cool and obviously very personalized for a fairly reasonable price. 

Users who are viewing this thread