What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colonoscopy preparation today..... (2 Viewers)

A. Colon polyps x 2, ascending, biopsy: -Tubular adenoma.
-Additional polypoid mucosa without dysplasia.
B. Colon polyp, sigmoid, biopsy: -Mucosal leiomyoma.
C. Rectum polyp, biopsy: -Benign inflammatory polyp.

looks like i am clean
so the tubular adenoma is considered pre cancerous. it can turn into cancer if left alone for a long time. mine was removed and i am clean, but need to return in 5 years.

if i had kids or the like they’d have to get their first colonoscopy at 40 because of the tubular. lucky them.

I just got the "You're 45 now, it's time" speech. The butt stuff department is calling me within the next few days to schedule.

The worst part about the colonoscopy is the night before when you do the colon cleanse. The actual procedure is a breeze.

Day before my first one, two cups of black coffee (normally use coconut milk) and a mug of fat-free chicken broth so far. Pretty sure I'll be hangry by this afternoon. And of course at 5:00 I get to take the colon blow solution and the fun really begins.
update?

It wasn't too bad. Drink some salty stuff. An hour later the bowel faucet turned on and I spent most of the next 90 minutes on the toilet. Repeated that at 4:30 this morning. Thank god for the all liquid diet yesterday.

90 minutes to check in. See you all on the other side.....(in all honesty I'm a little nervous, 51 years old and have never had any kind of anesthesia before.)

I just got the "You're 45 now, it's time" speech. The butt stuff department is calling me within the next few days to schedule.

The worst part about the colonoscopy is the night before when you do the colon cleanse. The actual procedure is a breeze.

Day before my first one, two cups of black coffee (normally use coconut milk) and a mug of fat-free chicken broth so far. Pretty sure I'll be hangry by this afternoon. And of course at 5:00 I get to take the colon blow solution and the fun really begins.
update?

It wasn't too bad. Drink some salty stuff. An hour later the bowel faucet turned on and I spent most of the next 90 minutes on the toilet. Repeated that at 4:30 this morning. Thank god for the all liquid diet yesterday.

90 minutes to check in. See you all on the other side.....(in all honesty I'm a little nervous, 51 years old and have never had any kind of anesthesia before.)

GL GB, you’ll be fine - just a great nap.

update?

Whoever is there for you to take you home: make sure they film you coming out of anesthesia. Post here. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Whoever is there for you to take you home: make sure they film you coming out of anesthesia. Post here. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

They "just" gave me fentanyl, which I didn't even realize until reading the discharge documentation, and I came out of it pretty quickly. So no comedic videos for you. We went to lunch afterward, and I felt pretty normal. But then I got back to work and was trying to concentrate and realized I had brain fog, my thinking was all fuzzy. My boss was trying to walk me through some numbers in a spreadsheet, and it took a few times through for me to "get it". The fog lifted after a couple more hours, but it was interesting how long that lingered.

They "just" gave me fentanyl, which I didn't even realize until reading the discharge documentation, and I came out of it pretty quickly. So no comedic videos for you. We went to lunch afterward, and I felt pretty normal. But then I got back to work and was trying to concentrate and realized I had brain fog, my thinking was all fuzzy. My boss was trying to walk me through some numbers in a spreadsheet, and it took a few times through for me to "get it". The fog lifted after a couple more hours, but it was interesting how long that lingered.
when exactly did you get back to work? same day? next day?

I take the whole day off

Same day. I left the hospital around 12:15, went to lunch, and then was back at my desk (I work from home) at 1:30. But it was 4:00 or 5:00 before the brain fog lifted.

Same day. I left the hospital around 12:15, went to lunch, and then was back at my desk (I work from home) at 1:30. But it was 4:00 or 5:00 before the brain fog lifted.
it's called a day off. no work, no operating a caterpillar. no major life decisions.

update?

I should have done this with the wife. She had her’s last week and was sooooooo stoned :lmao:

Goin' in Friday for my every 5 year test.

Prep starts tomorrow after work. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning and then Friday morning before I go in.

A little PSA for those doing this in the future that I just thought about:

If you are doing the liquid Suprep the day before your procedure, as the day wears on where you are on a liquid diet that day start limiting how much fluid you take in as the day goes on. Your belly will fill with liquid and it will be hard to drink the Suprep later than day when you really start the fireworks show.

As luck? would have it my brother is having his first one today. We had no idea. Had a good laugh about that and some good text banter yesterday during the cleanse.

Currently on my second dose for my final cleanse. Appointment at 11.

All clear. See ya' in 3 years!

My favorite joke of the day (and there were many) was right before they put me under and the anesthesiologist, the doc and the nurse were in there:

"hope you guys don't have too much fun back there!"

:lol:

As luck? would have it my brother is having his first one today. We had no idea. Had a good laugh about that and some good text banter yesterday during the cleanse.

Currently on my second dose for my final cleanse. Appointment at 11.
Alright. That’s really strange. One of my good buds that I’ve know since high school had one today too. We had no idea until Tuesday that we were both doing this today.

All clear. See ya' in 3 years!

My favorite joke of the day (and there were many) was right before they put me under and the anesthesiologist, the doc and the nurse were in there:

"hope you guys don't have too much fun back there!"

Awesome! Good to hear! I’m the same. Three polyps but they ripped those things off and I’m all set 😊

A little PSA for those doing this in the future that I just thought about:

If you are doing the liquid Suprep the day before your procedure, as the day wears on where you are on a liquid diet that day start limiting how much fluid you take in as the day goes on. Your belly will fill with liquid and it will be hard to drink the Suprep later than day when you really start the fireworks show.

They gave me very specific liquid targets to meet going into the super prep or whatever. I didnt find it hard to take the solution. I drink a gallon of water daily though.

I asked for the pills instead of the liquid. It was great. 12 pills with water at 7 pm, then again at 4 am. That’s it. Not hard at all.

Wife did the pills. Wish I would have. Currently guzzling moviprep to the theme of Rocky I (whilst the resident smart alecks chant) and shooting pee out of my butt.

Tomorrow will be my first colonoscopy in 15 years. Had one scheduled last year but apparently my prep didn't meet VA standards and they sent me home. Did blood work to check my PSA. But overdue for this so yippee. Tomorrow at noon.

Anybody else getting a camera stuck up their butt today?

I loathe everything about this, but especially the last two days. Little known fact, Colonoscopy Exams were first used in the Spanish Inquisition.

I loathe everything about this, but especially the last two days. Little known fact, Colonoscopy Exams were first used in the Spanish Inquisition.
It’s one of the best things you can do for your health. Just enjoy the nap and crack jokes to the docs and nurses. I find they like patients who can make them laugh.

It’s one of the best things you can do for your health. Just enjoy the nap and crack jokes to the docs and nurses. I find they like patients who can make them laugh.

Thanks. I'll probably still be a curmudgeon today but thanks for trying.

:boxing:

The prep is the hard part and you should be about done with that. Honestly, the rest is pretty easy. Here's hoping for a clean bill of health. :thumbup:

The prep is the hard part and you should be about done with that. Honestly, the rest is pretty easy. Here's hoping for a clean bill of health. :thumbup:

Thanks good buddy. So far this year has been stellar on that front; best numbers ever from my blood work, pulmonary function was improved and remains above average (I smoke 8-10 hand-rolled cigarettes* per day), my bride is super health conscious.

If there is one thing that concerns me it's gut health; I have one of those hard rotund guts many middle aged guys sport and that can lead to a lot of issues down the road. That's my number one goal for rn and 2024, to improve my gut health.

*not a euphemism

Had mine yesterday. The worst part was the no eating and that colonblow drink. Mine was early AM so I was not thrilled with getting up at 1am to down the 2nd half of the gallon.

The worst.

The crew said I did an A+ job, made their life easier. Found 3 polyps which they removed and will send to the lab. I have an appt with my GP on Black Friday so guess I'll get results then.

Edit word

Last edited:
Had mine yesterday. The worst part was the no eating and that colonblow drink. Mine was early AM so I was not thrilled with getting up at 1am to down the 2nd half of the gallon.

The worst.

The crew said I did an A+ job, made there life easier. Found 3 polyps which they removed and will send to the lab. I have an appt with my GP on Black Friday so guess I'll get results then.
brown friday really

Found 3 polyps which they removed and will send to the lab.

And this is why we do this. Nip those things in the butt.

Stop pouring salt in the womb

Big fan of unintentional Sopranos style malapropisms. In my PTSD group chat this a.m. one of the Vets encouraged their fellow warriors to keep striving bc “we will overcome no matter what diversity we face.”

All good, her heart was in the right place.

Users who are viewing this thread