What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colonoscopy preparation today..... (1 Viewer)

I've got one more dose tomorrow morning and then on to the anticlimactic procedure in the afternoon

Prep has been 1,000,000 times easier and far, far less unpleasant than 10 years ago

If I have to do this in another 10 maybe they'll have this done to a candy bar.

Gentlemen I need an opinion. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Dec 21 at 8am. The local symphony is performing Handel's Messiah that evening at 7pm, the only performance. I would like to go. Do you think I'll be up for it? I would think so but you are worldly chaps, full of wisdom. What do you think?

Gentlemen I need an opinion. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Dec 21 at 8am. The local symphony is performing Handel's Messiah that evening at 7pm, the only performance. I would like to go. Do you think I'll be up for it? I would think so but you are worldly chaps, full of wisdom. What do you think?
mine was at 10a and by 1p i was mowing my lawn. wala!

no problemo!

you'll be waltzing all the way to your seat

First round of prep is down the hatch. Bidet is ready, Zelda on the switch is ready. Could use some of the chili I made on the smoker last weekend though. I'm starving

My next colonoscopy is due in March of 2024. The last few colonoscopies I had, I had to swallow some of the most vile liquids known to man. I am wondering, has anyone here tried any of the new bowel prep drugs? Sutab? Suflave?? How did it work out?

As others have said, you will be completely fine.

First round of prep is down the hatch. Bidet is ready, Zelda on the switch is ready. Could use some of the chili I made on the smoker last weekend though. I'm starving
Scheduling a colonoscopy on a Monday during football season is a massive rookie mistake.

That said, I hope your test is clear and I am glad you are doing this.

Scheduling a colonoscopy on a Monday during football season is a massive rookie mistake.

That said, I hope your test is clear and I am glad you are doing this.
Meh it was a travel day so not too bad. But thank you. 🙏

My next colonoscopy is due in March of 2024. The last few colonoscopies I had, I had to swallow some of the most vile liquids known to man. I am wondering, has anyone here tried any of the new bowel prep drugs? Sutab? Suflave?? How did it work out?
Whatever generic stuff they gave me wasn't terrible
They must not have given you magnesium citrate then. Or their own powdered concoction, which was only very slightly less objectionable. I've been on a 3-year schedule with these colonoscopies ever since my first one, when the doctor referred to me as a "polyp factory". I welcome something that is better than what I have had at any of those in the past. Bleeeeecchhhhhh

They must not have given you magnesium citrate then. Or their own powdered concoction, which was only very slightly less objectionable. I've been on a 3-year schedule with these colonoscopies ever since my first one, when the doctor referred to me as a "polyp factory". I welcome something that is better than what I have had at any of those in the past. Bleeeeecchhhhhh
I guess it was called Suprep. It tasted like Propel and sea water.

Waiting on anesthesia. Pics to come

fax me a polyp.

fax me a polyp.
I can send you 2.

I took 2 pills and have 64 oz Gatorade mixed with 238g of miralax .... This is way better than that old stuff I had to drink
Thanks to this thread, I did the Gatorade prep. Didn't tell the doctor until after the procedure. He wasn't happy I didn't use the other crap.

Got my 2nd one scheduled for 3/14

Good luck tonight and tomorrow!

I took 2 pills and have 64 oz Gatorade mixed with 238g of miralax .... This is way better than that old stuff I had to drink
Thanks to this thread, I did the Gatorade prep. Didn't tell the doctor until after the procedure. He wasn't happy I didn't use the other crap.

Got my 2nd one scheduled for 3/14

Good luck tonight and tomorrow!
This is what the Dr gave me to follow so I can't complain.

And we've had lift off

So I’m 55 and went to a new primary care physician and when I asked for a referral for a colonoscopy he suggest a Cologuard test. I’ll be sending my poop through the mail :-)sick:) but he says unless that shows something I won’t need to get the colonoscopy. Anyone ever do this?

So I’m 55 and went to a new primary care physician and when I asked for a referral for a colonoscopy he suggest a Cologuard test. I’ll be sending my poop through the mail :-)sick:) but he says unless that shows something I won’t need to get the colonoscopy. Anyone ever do this?
My wife did it and I had the option but it's only "good for 3 years" vs 10 for a colonoscopy.

Meaning you are supposed to do it every three to keep "on schedule"

I start the drink tonight at 5pm. Going in tomorrow procedure at 11:30.

At grocery store now to get some supplies. Any tips on things I’m allowed to eat ? I’m going with chicken broth and jello.

First timer.

I just imagine the poor people testing these samples and wonder what life choice led them there.

At grocery store now to get some supplies. Any tips on things I’m allowed to eat ? I’m going with chicken broth and jello.

First timer.
Just follow the directions you received and you will be fine.

I like to weigh myself before and I after just to see how full of **** I am.

I received an email that I was due for a colonoscopy. Guess I need to get that scheduled here soon. I had one about 15yrs ago, but it was inconclusive - the concoction they gave me didn't clean everything out. Reading through the thread, it looks like some of the new combinations are better than the original chugging of the magnesium citrate concoction. My issue is I don't have a regular routine. It's not uncommon to go 3-5 days without a movement. Been that way since I was a kid. So when I did my prep initially, it wasn't fully working. I found myself still on the toilet at the office just before the procedure. Nurses were not happy with me. Not in my control, I took everything when I was told to, it just didn't fully kick in I guess?

I received an email that I was due for a colonoscopy. Guess I need to get that scheduled here soon. I had one about 15yrs ago, but it was inconclusive - the concoction they gave me didn't clean everything out. Reading through the thread, it looks like some of the new combinations are better than the original chugging of the magnesium citrate concoction. My issue is I don't have a regular routine. It's not uncommon to go 3-5 days without a movement. Been that way since I was a kid. So when I did my prep initially, it wasn't fully working. I found myself still on the toilet at the office just before the procedure. Nurses were not happy with me. Not in my control, I took everything when I was told to, it just didn't fully kick in I guess?
sounds like operator error.

First timer.
Pretty sure no eating is the recommendation. It's not that hard to go 36 hours without food... especially when you're chugging all that fluid and sitting on the toilet when you aren't.

First timer.

I did a before weigh in.

I also haven't had alcohol for over a week. Treating this as a bit of a body reset.

We are just over 2 hours until I start to "chug the jug"

No breakfast or lunch today of course. To be honest I'm not hungry. I might even feel better then when I eat breakfast and lunch. Who knew?

First timer.

I was only 3 pounds......

First timer.

I’ve known you for awhile. I’d put it at about 30%. 😉

Finished the last of the jug. Prep wasn’t bad. I was never hungry. But the habit of eating was strange to break.

2 hours until go time.

Procedure went great. Everyone was great I took a nap and woke up and it was done. Found nothing to worry about so I get to come back in 10 years.

If you haven't and you are at that age please get you colon checked.
Going in on the 19th. 45yo
Memorial Day for me. First-timer. Reading this last page of the thread, doesn't seem like a bid\g deal anymore. A little surprised that a 2024 colonoscopy prep is considered to be a very different thing from a 2010 colonoscopy prep ... but cool that the prep experience has apparently improved greatly.

I'll be taking Suflave. Would've loved to know about the Gatorade prep, but too late now I guess.

about to schedule one for after I get my gallbladder out, 48 has been an interesting few months
gl gb…..usually gall bladder removal usually means other issues, no? was randomly discussing our parents with my wife last night and how my dad had his GB removed. he was turning yellow…..

Users who are viewing this thread