What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Comcast Cable Customers (1 Viewer)

JHuber77

Footballguy
Just a little piece of info for you comcast cable subscribers. I called last night to express my disappointment about Comcast recently requiring people to pay for the NFL network. Now comcast wants people to pay $4.95 a month to get it. (it was previously included in most packages) The lady on the other end said they could offer it free for 6 months. So if your currently paying for the NFL network or don't have it anymore, I suggest you call that way you can get this channel. Enjoy folks! :goodposting:

I was Time Warner, and was changed over to Comcast. NFL network while always on other comast was not available in my area until a few weeks ago. I called Friday and they told me the sports package it was only $1.99. No problem, I ordered it. The guy also said I had an old plan being that I was Time Warner, had HBO/Starz package. The guy added Showtime and dropped the price of my package $10 Got to watch Chargers training camp special my first day with the NFL network. :goodposting:

I really think it depends on who picks up when you call. When I called, a guy picked up and I expressed my disapointment as well. I told him that I was considering switching to Dish Network or Direct TV because Comcast wanted to charge me for the NFL network. He said, "Ok, seeya." Maybe I'll call back to see if I have better luck now. Once Verizon Fios is in my area, I think I'm going to switch to them.

do you think the NFL is putting more and more games(pre and regular season) on NFL network to force cable companies to make the NFL Network part of the regular package

I paid no more to get the NFL Network on DTV

I knew this day would come.

Last year while Cable providers were further distancing themselves from the loyal customers for not providing the NFL Netowrk, Comcast came out smelling like roses. They took out full page ads stating that the NFL Network is here as to persuede customers from leaving to go the dish companies of the world. The reality of it all though, is Comcast and other cable companies continue to lose market share and need to find other ways to generate revenue. This is a prime example. If I want the NFL network I will have to pony up 5 bucks a month. While 5.00 a month isn't a big deal, it is if you add that amount to my already 125.00 cable bill. I hate it when they take a channel already included in my bill and move it to get more money. It's not a coincedence they announce this move now. They know they will lose some customers to Direct TV but it won't be as many had they announced this 6 months ago.

When does the leeching end? I am not sure how much more I will/can take. Shoot, now that there is no Sproano's on HBO and they want to charge for the NFL Network, why should I even bother......

do you think the NFL is putting more and more games(pre and regular season) on NFL network to force cable companies to make the NFL Network part of the regular package
This is a rhetorical question, right? :thumbup: :sad cable customer, who still actually sides with the cable co. on this issue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little piece of info for you comcast cable subscribers. I called last night to express my disappointment about Comcast recently requiring people to pay for the NFL network. Now comcast wants people to pay $4.95 a month to get it. (it was previously included in most packages) The lady on the other end said they could offer it free for 6 months. So if your currently paying for the NFL network or don't have it anymore, I suggest you call that way you can get this channel. Enjoy folks! :thumbup:
Consider yourself lucky, I wish I could pay 4.95 a month for it. Time Warner does not allow it at all.

Right away, they send the signal and bingo, its turned on!
I remember ordering HBO once from Comcast and they sent the "Hit" over quickly and it burned out my whole box. It only took them 2 weeks to get me a new box. I only blew 3 whole days of my life waiting on them. First day it was supposed to be between 8-10 am, they called at 2pm and said it wasn't going to happen. The next appointment was between 8-12, I called at 12:01 and he allegedly came by and I wasn't home so I asked for the tech to describe my house, a white rancher he said........ Wrong, 2 story gray house. They said they'd get someone out ASAP, nope, didn't happen. The 3rd appointment was between 8-12 and he showed up at 9:30 and did the whole job in about 3 minutes with no issues. :rolleyes:

I remember ordering HBO once from Comcast and they sent the "Hit" over quickly and it burned out my whole box. It only took them 2 weeks to get me a new box. I only blew 3 whole days of my life waiting on them. First day it was supposed to be between 8-10 am, they called at 2pm and said it wasn't going to happen. The next appointment was between 8-12, I called at 12:01 and he allegedly came by and I wasn't home so I asked for the tech to describe my house, a white rancher he said........ Wrong, 2 story gray house. They said they'd get someone out ASAP, nope, didn't happen. The 3rd appointment was between 8-12 and he showed up at 9:30 and did the whole job in about 3 minutes with no issues. :rolleyes:
I would have made them give me some kind of credit.

I would have made them give me some kind of credit.
I did, but still consider i came out with the short stick.

My cable bill which is 90.00 a month used to include NFL network for free, now they sent me a letter and stated it would cost 1.00 more a month for NFL network, not much, but you can see it will be going up from here on out. I guess it's like FF web sites most used to be free, now everyone wants to charge :wub:

FYI: NFLN HD is part of the HD package, at least in my area. If you have a HDTV, this is the way to go, IMO.

Just a little piece of info for you comcast cable subscribers. I called last night to express my disappointment about Comcast recently requiring people to pay for the NFL network. Now comcast wants people to pay $4.95 a month to get it. (it was previously included in most packages) The lady on the other end said they could offer it free for 6 months. So if your currently paying for the NFL network or don't have it anymore, I suggest you call that way you can get this channel. Enjoy folks! :lmao:
Consider yourself lucky, I wish I could pay 4.95 a month for it. Time Warner does not allow it at all.
:lmao:I thought the major difference between the NFL & Time Warner was that TW wanted to include it in their sports pack and charge extra for it. The NFL wanted too much money for it, and required it to be included in the basic package.

Just a little piece of info for you comcast cable subscribers. I called last night to express my disappointment about Comcast recently requiring people to pay for the NFL network. Now comcast wants people to pay $4.95 a month to get it. (it was previously included in most packages) The lady on the other end said they could offer it free for 6 months. So if your currently paying for the NFL network or don't have it anymore, I suggest you call that way you can get this channel. Enjoy folks! :lmao:
:lmao:I thought the major difference between the NFL & Time Warner was that TW wanted to include it in their sports pack and charge extra for it. The NFL wanted too much money for it, and required it to be included in the basic package.
I wish it was - Time Warner is stubborn like always.

I had the exact opposite experience with Comcast and the NFL Network. I called and said they same thing, that I was disappointed I was faced with the choice between paying more or getting less and asked if there was anything she could do. Answer: Nope. I escalated it to a supervisor and still got nothing. So I cancelled my cable TV on the spot.

Frankly, I feel great about the decision. Sure, I lose out on a handful of channels (and I mean a handful...maybe I had 400 channels before, but I watched maybe 5 that were only available on cable) but I got an HD-antennae and so I still get the major network channels plus a few more which is turning out to be plenty. As far as football goes, I can watch the CBS, Fox, and NBC games at home, and my league always meets at our sports bar for MNF on ESPN. So the only games I am losing out on are the ones on NFL network...which I was losing anyway. And I take the $75/month I am saving and put it in my daughter's college fund every month.

Oh by the way, for you HD guys...the over the air HD signal is actually better than the cable version because it isn't compressed.

I just read this ad in Sports Illustrated.

When you buy the NFL Sunday ticket you receive 4 months free of Directtv's best programmimg package.

Directtv doesn't charge for the NFL network, and for me is cheaper then comcast.

If you are interested in this offer PM me and I will put you through as a referral.

Directv sometimes runs a deal where if you refer someone both of you get a $50 credit.

Comcast in my area offered CSTV and NFL-N with a few other channels for $1.99 a month for a year.

No-brainer (and I already got it before and on DirecTV, but just for convenience I wanted it on my TVs - yes I'm addicted but you already new that).

Call Comcast and ask for that $1.99. CSTV is nice as well (and a few Fox Sports nets)

I really think it depends on who picks up when you call. When I called, a guy picked up and I expressed my disapointment as well. I told him that I was considering switching to Dish Network or Direct TV because Comcast wanted to charge me for the NFL network. He said, "Ok, seeya." Maybe I'll call back to see if I have better luck now. Once Verizon Fios is in my area, I think I'm going to switch to them.
:goodposting: I don't know who some of you guys are talking to, but I too just called to express my disappointment that Comcast charges for this channel, the response I got was :deadhorse: ... and FYI I did mention that this was something that I get free of charge on DirecTV I subscribe to at my cabin, and it could make me go back to DirecTV at home. Again, :bowtie: was the response, no courtesy offer whatsoever. I couldn't tell you her exact response, but between the lines it was practically a dare for me to do it because they just don't care. It's almost as if they know how much I hate DirecTV.

Spoke with Comcast to get the $1.99 rate. When i called the first time, the lady i got said that it's $4.99. I was like that my friend got it for $1.99 and she said that well unless you get a promotional offer in the mail stating it, i can't give it to you. I was like ok, then let's say i got the promotional offer. But she said no i can't give it. So i hung up and called back again. This time i said that i received some promotional offer in the mail for NFL N for $1.99 and she said oh ok and signed me up on the spot. So i now have it for $2. Not bad.

DaTruth

Spoke with Comcast to get the $1.99 rate. When i called the first time, the lady i got said that it's $4.99. I was like that my friend got it for $1.99 and she said that well unless you get a promotional offer in the mail stating it, i can't give it to you. I was like ok, then let's say i got the promotional offer. But she said no i can't give it. So i hung up and called back again. This time i said that i received some promotional offer in the mail for NFL N for $1.99 and she said oh ok and signed me up on the spot. So i now have it for $2. Not bad.DaTruth
Is that in the Philadelphia area? If so, I will try that.

Spoke with Comcast to get the $1.99 rate. When i called the first time, the lady i got said that it's $4.99. I was like that my friend got it for $1.99 and she said that well unless you get a promotional offer in the mail stating it, i can't give it to you. I was like ok, then let's say i got the promotional offer. But she said no i can't give it. So i hung up and called back again. This time i said that i received some promotional offer in the mail for NFL N for $1.99 and she said oh ok and signed me up on the spot. So i now have it for $2. Not bad.DaTruth
I'm in the Baltimore area. But give it a try anyways. There's nothing to lose. Even if they bust you, they can't disconnect your cable for lying. :popcorn: DaTruth

I live in the Philly area. I called and told them I received an offer in the mail to get NFL for 1.99 a month and they added it right away.

I live in the Philly area. I called and told them I received an offer in the mail to get NFL for 1.99 a month and they added it right away.
Same here.

Northern California here and the Digital Sports Tier for 2.99 a month includes NFL, Speed, Fox Soccer Channel, Tennis Channell and Fox College Sports Pacific, Central, and Atlantic. I already had NBA and CSTV but was sent a message that it would also be taken away without the tier. In other words, it will include a whole assortment of mostly second or third tier sporting events that I will have to find a way to check out with the wife around.

Called (Live in Washington BTW) and was told that there was no promotion like this in my area and if I wanted NFL network I had to pay $6 per month. When I told of my disapproval I was pretty much told that if I didn't like it I could switch to Direct TV "they have it for free". Hard to believe a company who gets $200 a month out of me could care less if they lose my business!

I called here in Denver to order the sports tier package Sunday afternoon. Said I wanted to know how I get NFL network (knowing how to, but playing dumb) and the csr said I need to get the Sports tier. How much does it cost? $4.95 a month but we'll give you a free trial for 6 months. Yes thank you!! Anyways I would ask for a free trial because I'm not the only getting this as another forum I visit (HT related) people have been posting that they have been getting free trials. Now if they only release NFL-HD here in Denver.

The above poster who mentioned that OTA quality is better than cable that is up to debate. Comcast does not compress their signal. However, direct tv and dish do hence the term HD-Lite as their PQ sucks balls. And for those of you who say BS it's not true........the sat co's. admit it!!

:thumbdown: NFLN-HD...and be sure to get their internet service as well. Bittorrent d/l's topping 1.4 Mb/s.

I'm in the Baltimore area. But give it a try anyways. There's nothing to lose. Even if they bust you, they can't disconnect your cable for lying. :eek: DaTruth
I live in DE and this worked like a charm. $1.99 a month for a year.You have to ask for it though....

My wife spoke with several reps at Comcast and received a different answer each time. The first 3 calls she was told that they were doing maintenance and that the service would be back up in a week or so. This went on for 3 weeks. The fourth call she was finally told about the Sports Tier and the 4.95 charge. The rep was extremely rude and said we recieved notice on our May bill that indicated the changes were coming, "so we should have known better!"

I just checked my May bill and there was a notice, only the notice indicated that there would be name changes to some of my packages, but absolutely no changes to my service, channels or pricing. I called back, shared this with a rep who said, "sorry, nothing I can do." I asked for a supervisor. When I explained what the notice on my bill indicated, the supervisor said, "How would you like the sports tier package for free for 1 year?"

I said yes.

NFL Total Access is on my TV and I'm a very happy man!

To Chris at Comcast: :confused:

Here in Chicago it cost me $6.99 for the "Sports Entertainment Package" that includes the NFL Network. I complained and I finally got them to give me the package for $1.99 for 6 months. After the football season is over, I will be canceling that package and then doing the same thing next year. Crooks!

Fort Collins, Colorado here.

After reading this, I called Comcast and said "I have a promotional offer for $1.99 per month, but can I get the 6 months free trial period?" She said "yes" right away, signed me up and in 3 minutes I had free NFL Network!

Hmmm...in Colorado Springs and tuned in NFL Network when I read this thread. It's still there and our bill is the same.

Not sure how...

Northern California here and the Digital Sports Tier for 2.99 a month includes NFL, Speed, Fox Soccer Channel, Tennis Channell and Fox College Sports Pacific, Central, and Atlantic. I already had NBA and CSTV but was sent a message that it would also be taken away without the tier. In other words, it will include a whole assortment of mostly second or third tier sporting events that I will have to find a way to check out with the wife around.
Got the same deal. I was happy paying that.

Comcast yanked my NFL network about 3 weeks ago.

I called and asked WTF? They said, 'oh, that's been moved to our sports package, but it's only 4.99 a month'.

I said..'OH, well, I guess my $178 bill per month (with internet) isn't enough..you want $5 more, huh?"

I said.."gimme it back, at no charge, or I'm cancelling today".

She said "I can't do anything sir."

I said.."sure you can...you can cancel my account....I'm getting the NFL Sunday Ticket Beyatch!"

Got DirecTV installed today and Sunday Ticket is primed up and ready to go. :fishing:

Comcast yanked my NFL network about 3 weeks ago.I called and asked WTF? They said, 'oh, that's been moved to our sports package, but it's only 4.99 a month'.I said..'OH, well, I guess my $178 bill per month (with internet) isn't enough..you want $5 more, huh?"I said.."gimme it back, at no charge, or I'm cancelling today".She said "I can't do anything sir."I said.."sure you can...you can cancel my account....I'm getting the NFL Sunday Ticket Beyatch!"Got DirecTV installed today and Sunday Ticket is primed up and ready to go. :thumbup:
You are my hero... SERIOUSLY. I wish more people were like you. It's the only way to DEFEAT these EVIL EMPIRES!!!

Well Houston officially sucks. I've called Comcast 4 times today (all different people) and they are all saying that there is no promotional deals down here. I asked one lady why they were doing it in other cities/states but not here. All I got out of that was "maybe they pay more for their services so they are given a reduced price to keep them happy". I tell her that this news doesn't make me happy and I'll probably be cancelling my service with them possibly later in the day. "Sorry to see you leave, sir!"

Forkin' bastages! :moneybag:

Got it taken away a few weeks ago and now I'm waiting to get it back. Called and ended up getting a year for 1.99

per month for the "sports package". You'd think that paying in excess of 175 bucks a month for internet and cable on 3 tv's would be enough. I'd be happy to trade in the 100 or so channels I never watch in exchange for the NFL Network.

For those in the DC area, call em up and complain. I got the impression that I wasn't the first angry customer to call them.

Got it taken away a few weeks ago and now I'm waiting to get it back. Called and ended up getting a year for 1.99per month for the "sports package". You'd think that paying in excess of 175 bucks a month for internet and cable on 3 tv's would be enough. I'd be happy to trade in the 100 or so channels I never watch in exchange for the NFL Network.For those in the DC area, call em up and complain. I got the impression that I wasn't the first angry customer to call them.
This DC area FBG (Montgomery County, MD) just got the Sports package for free for a year. The CSR said she is is a big Redskins fan and was PO'd herself when Comcast took away the NFL Net.) and is giving people free service! Skinsfansince72, if you are a VIP customer (and if your bill is $175/mo you probably are) I'd call back and try to get the Sports pack free.

In Detroit

Well i looked at my comcast bill today and it went up another $15 from some promotion ending, so I called and asked to see if they would reduce it, and that I was interested in Big Ten Net and NFL Net they said oh we have a package and you can get it for $2.99 blah blah. Anyways she transferred me to another person to see if I could get some kind of discount. So he says I cant get one for another 6 months since I just went off one, I said really there is nothing you can do he said yes. I said ok cancel my cable. I am keeping the internet since I dont have a phone line I told him I was going to cancel that later once I find something cheaper

SO i called direct TV right after and this is what I got

I am getting NFL Sunday ticket plus all the HBO's Big Ten Net some nascar package with premium package for $69.99 a month, I asked is there any discount for switching from comcast she said yes $10 a month.

I also am getting free installation, also am getting the HD receiver for free and a $50 visa check card since I asked about some other promo. I was sold but then asked what else she can too cause I like free she said she would waive the Handling and delivery charge of $19.95

So major upgrade but no more DVR :hifive: To get the HD DVR they wanted $299 up front but just the HD receiver was free so easy choice there.

So $59.99 a month for the first 4 then we'll see what they jack the price up to, but good for now.

SCREW U COMCAST :thumbdown:

Albuquerque here! Been haveing comcast bill problems monthly! Already had fired comcast and put in direct in my flop home. Called comcast and told them this was the final straw. Turn it back on or direct I go. They gave me the site to return my eqipment. COMCAST IS HISTORY! DIRECT IS THE WAY TO GO!

DCThunder said:
Skinsfansince72 said:
Got it taken away a few weeks ago and now I'm waiting to get it back. Called and ended up getting a year for 1.99per month for the "sports package". You'd think that paying in excess of 175 bucks a month for internet and cable on 3 tv's would be enough. I'd be happy to trade in the 100 or so channels I never watch in exchange for the NFL Network.For those in the DC area, call em up and complain. I got the impression that I wasn't the first angry customer to call them.
This DC area FBG (Montgomery County, MD) just got the Sports package for free for a year. The CSR said she is is a big Redskins fan and was PO'd herself when Comcast took away the NFL Net.) and is giving people free service! Skinsfansince72, if you are a VIP customer (and if your bill is $175/mo you probably are) I'd call back and try to get the Sports pack free.
Thanks for the tip. I'm in Virginia though. Perhaps I need to get a manager on the phone.

FYI: NFLN HD is part of the HD package, at least in my area. If you have a HDTV, this is the way to go, IMO.
well, they recently took NFLN HD off of their HD package. The only way to get NFLN in HD now is to pay $5.99 for HD package, and $5.99 for digital sports package. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: I got a supervisor on the phone and calmly insisted that this is ripping off the consumer and actions like this make DirectTV that much more attractive, etc. I tried not to talk too much - I wanted the Comcast rep to do something for me and I wasn't going to hang up until he either admitted that what they were doing was robbery, or gave me a discount. Finally, he blinked and gave me digital sports + HD service + $10 discount for the next three months :thumbup:

Got the same response. Comcast would rather lose customers over this than not get their $5 a month.

Get Directv....problem solved.Plus from what I've read Directv is about to launch a ton more HD channels..

According to AVS Forum, here are the channels that are coming:# September 2007# A&E# Animal Planet# Big Ten Network# CNN# Discovery# Food Network*# HGTV*# History Channel# MHD (MTV brand channel)# National Geographic# NFL Network# The Science Channel# TBS# TLC# Versus# Weather Channel# Cinemax-E# Cinemax-W# MoreMax# HBO-W# HBO2-E# HBO2-W# HBO Family-E# HBO Family-W# HBO Signature# The Movie Channel# SHO-W# STARZ-E# STARZ-W# STARZ-Edge# STARZ-Comedy# STARZ-KidsFall 2007# Bravo# Cartoon Network# Chiller# CNBC# FX# SciFi Channel# Sleuth# Speed# USA NetworkDecember 2007# The Tennis ChannelSpring 2008# ABC Family# Disney Channel# ESPN News# MGM# Toon Disney

Users who are viewing this thread