What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Conference tournament thread. Because separate threads suck. (1 Viewer)

Am I the only one that thought the last minute of that OSU/Kansas game was horrifically officiated? Kansas was absolutely murdering people for the whole minute and didn't have a single foul called against them.

Am I the only one that thought the last minute of that OSU/Kansas game was horrifically officiated? Kansas was absolutely murdering people for the whole minute and didn't have a single foul called against them.
I thought the entire game was horrifically officiated. Refs let the KU bigs basically toss Nash and Murphy around like rag dolls, let Smart clutch and grab at will to stop fast breaks and drives, and the amount of uncalled traveling would have made NBA refs blush.

Overall, KU definitely got the better end of the missed calls and no-calls. OSU fans have a legit gripe if they want to hang this one on the refs. I'm open to the possibility that it was payback for Smart mocking the refs all season with all his flopping, snitching, and showboating.

Flipping channels makes me realize how bummed UConn fans must be. Big crowd and game tonight because they are playing the home team who is very good.....but it's a big drop from playing in the Big East tourney in MSG to the AAC tourney in Memphis.

If they win tonight, the arena tomorrow might be a third full.

Josh Freelove with 8 threes for Buffalo so far, leading Eastern Michigan 45-37 at the 16-minute media timeout. MAC quarterfinals. Bulls with 12 threes so far, somehow.

Because I know you were all wondering about the MAC tournament.

Josh Freelove with 8 threes for Buffalo so far, leading Eastern Michigan 45-37 at the 16-minute media timeout. MAC quarterfinals. Bulls with 12 threes so far, somehow.

Because I know you were all wondering about the MAC tournament.
And they've proceeded to play like absolute #### since this. Down 60-55 just under 5 minutes. Another season slipping down the drain...conference POY McCrea is 1/12 from the floor and 3/7 from the line. Super-sub freshman Evans fouled out with no points and is literally crying on the bench. WTF.

Now I'm going to be on the edge of my seat all weekend to find out if the Bulls make it to the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.

In the league where nobody wants to win except Florida, Missouri tried every way in the world to give the game to A&M, but the Aggies said 'no thanks'. A crazy double overtime game with the Gators waiting tomorrow.

Then Arkansas comes out and chokes away their season to South Carolina. SC tried to help out by missing 3 of 4 free throws late in the game, but Bobby Portis missed a 2 footer and the Razorbacks went home crying. SC plays Tennessee tomorrow in a must win for UT.

LSU shot 50% from 3 (yet 33% ft's) to dominate Alabama. LSU has a long, athletic front court and very quick guards, making them a tough matchup for UK. Heck, if they shoot 50% they are a tough matchup for anybody with their athleticism.

Ole Miss and Miss St are in a barn burner right now. Henderson and Summers have taken over 30 shots already and there's still 7:00 to play. Winner gets Georgia...

So for the SEC bubble teams...Arkansas is out and Missouri did very little to help their cause with an ugly win. Tennessee has a must-win tomorrow against South Carolina, who is hot but will be playing their 3rd game in 3 days.

I miss the Big East Tournament.

Now we have Creighton, Xavier, Seton Hall, and Providence. Yikes.

So for the SEC bubble teams...Arkansas is out and Missouri did very little to help their cause with an ugly win. Tennessee has a must-win tomorrow against South Carolina, who is hot but will be playing their 3rd game in 3 days.
Go Cocks! Bust Tennessee's bubble too!

I love this time of year.

Games I'm looking forward to the most today.

UK v LSU

Xavier v Creighton

UNC v Pitt

UC v UConn

Wisconsin v Minnesota

Why does the SEC insist on having their tournament in that giant ####ing dome? It looks pretty ridiculous to see 10,000 people in an arena that holds 60,000.

If you want to have it in Atlanta (as they should), why not where the Hawks play? Isn't that downtown as well? Would seem to make more sense.

Why does the SEC insist on having their tournament in that giant ####ing dome? It looks pretty ridiculous to see 10,000 people in an arena that holds 60,000.

If you want to have it in Atlanta (as they should), why not where the Hawks play? Isn't that downtown as well? Would seem to make more sense.
Most conferences struggle to fill arenas during conference tourney time, but I do think the SEC needs to do something to improve attendance. Or hope that UK and Arkansas makes it to the finals every year.

Look at the American Athletic Conference now that Memphis is out. Since they are hosting in Memphis, that arena was mostly filled with Tiger fans last night, now they better hope Louisville fans come down for the weekend or that place will probably be dead. UConn and UC fans don't travel all that well compared to UL and Memphis. Houston...crickets.

They're only a couple-minute walk apart. I went to the ACCT at the Dome a few years ago and it sucked from a spectator's standpoint (the games themselves - the area was fantastic).

Hmmm. Looking at Wikipedia the SEC tourney goes to Nashville 9 out of the next 11 years, with a stop in St. Louis and Tampa in between.

That's.......odd. Looks like they're punting on Atlanta.

Edit: sounds like they wanted to get out of being in a dome. Ok, carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night the Clemson-GT game went to OT. GT guy hit a sweet shot with a half second left to send it to OT. Then he turned around and clanked an easy dunk that would have put GT 4 up. Clemson then took over and went on to win big.

GT had a hero for about four minutes there.

Illinois is giving Michigan all they can handle. Right when Michigan was gifted a 1 seed by a Villanova.

They better not blow it.

As of now, this is how I see the 1 through 4 seeds playing out:

1 - Arizona, Florida, Louisville, Wichita State

2 - Duke, San Diego State, Villanova, Virginia

3 - Kansas, Michigan, Syracuse, Wisconsin

4 - Cincinnati, Creighton, Iowa State, North Carolina

Obviously, this could all change by Sunday, but these are my thoughts as of current.

According to kenpom efficiency, this is what the seeding currently should be.

1 - Arizona, Louisville, Florida, Wichita St.

2 - Virginia, Duke, Kansas, Nova

3 - Creighton, Michigan, Cuse, Wisconsin

4 - Tennessee, VCU, Ohio St. Michigan St.

5 - SDSU, Pitt, Gonzaga, Oklahoma St.

6 - Cinncinatti, UConn, North Carolina, UCLA

Teams in red are likely to be given seeds higher than their pythag expected seed, indicating that they are likely to underachieve.

Teams in green are likely to be given seeds lower than their pythaf expected seed, indicating that they are likely to overachieve.

Gonzaga's an interesting one. They are currently projected as a 9 seed, and if they are in the same region as Wichita St. it could be a complete role reversal from last year in the 2nd round and considering they have the efficiency numbers of a 5 seed, they can make some noise.

Teams in red are likely to be given seeds higher than their pythag expected seed, indicating that they are likely to underachieve.

Teams in green are likely to be given seeds lower than their pythaf expected seed, indicating that they are likely to overachieve.

Gonzaga's an interesting one. They are currently projected as a 9 seed, and if they are in the same region as Wichita St. it could be a complete role reversal from last year in the 2nd round and considering they have the efficiency numbers of a 5 seed, they can make some noise.
Interesting. I'm not sure I understand some of their reasoning, but that's nothing new.

Interesting. I'm not sure I understand some of their reasoning, but that's nothing new.
It's all calculated via statistics. The one seeds are simply the 1-4 ranked teams on kenpom, the 2 seeds are 5-8, etc.

Doing your bracket selections based solely on picking the more pythag efficient team has proven to be one of the more successful bracket strategies in the past.

Of course, the best bracket strategy continues to be to have your mom fill it out for you.

If Tennessee is a 4 seed, Florida should get a bye to the Final Four.

I should've put them in green. They wont be a 4 seed, but that just means they'll likely overachieve depending on matchups.

Actually, that's an awesome point. I didn't even notice them in there. No way they are a 4 seed. They're not even a top 25 team.

Right now, Tennessee is a projected 12 seed on bracket project. Considering they have the efficiency numbers of a 4 seed, that is an absurd discrepancy between efficiency and seed.

That right there ladies and gentlemen, is your current 12-5 upset frontrunner.

I don't get the love for Louisville. They are playing great basketball at the right time which is just par for the course for Pitino. However, their resume is nowhere near a #1 seed.

1-3 vs. RPI Top 25

4-5 vs. RPI Top 50

Their SOS is 97.

They should hold it in Nashville every year. Shorter trip for the one fan base that actually gives a ####, and downtown Nashville is awesome.

ETA: Guess I should've read down a few more posts. Apparently they are holding it in Nashville in coming years.

Users who are viewing this thread