What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crabtree - Week 6 (1 Viewer)

dwashington

Footballguy
Crabtree had a great game vs Eagles (minus Asante Samuel).

Does Nmandi shadow Crabtree all game vs the Raiders?

I'm playing Crabtree this week but only because of the injury to Finley and no other better options. However, I do have a feeling he will duplicate his production this past week.

Crabtree is an absolute stud. In my opinion there is no position that is easier to judge talent than WR, and Crabtree has it in gobs. He is a stud and eventually that talent shines through. Remember he has basically played 1 year in the NFL since he held out at the beginning of last year, WR's usually take a bit of time before they bust out. With Crabtree's talent, he will eventually turn into a dependable WR1, the only question is when....i also expect a great week 6 from Crabtree. I believe that both Crabtree and San Fran coaches realize what must happen, and that's get the ball to your playmakers who are Gore/Davis/Crabtree.

Crabtree is an absolute stud. In my opinion there is no position that is easier to judge talent than WR, and Crabtree has it in gobs. He is a stud and eventually that talent shines through. Remember he has basically played 1 year in the NFL since he held out at the beginning of last year, WR's usually take a bit of time before they bust out. With Crabtree's talent, he will eventually turn into a dependable WR1, the only question is when....i also expect a great week 6 from Crabtree. I believe that both Crabtree and San Fran coaches realize what must happen, and that's get the ball to your playmakers who are Gore/Davis/Crabtree.
Crabtree reminds me a bit of Michael Irvin without the heart or the level of physical fitness. The kid has talent, but he is not spectacular in any one area of his game, nor physically dominant. If I recall correctly, he actually measured in smaller at the combine than what he was listed at Texas Tech. He is not particularly fast nor strong. He relies on his route running and his body position to create separation, and has at times struggled with his routes this season. If he has his head on straight I have no doubts he can be very good in the league, but I wouldn't book his ticket to the hall just yet.Having said that, Oakland's pass D doesn't give up a ton of yards but has yielded a bunch of TD's. I could see Crabtree getting into the end zone this week and having a nice little game. On the other hand, their running defense has been putrid, so the 49er's may be happy running all day and giving their defense some time off of the field. Factoring all of that in let's say 7 for 75 and a TD for Crabtree. Davis and Gore go off though.All bets are off if Smith somehow has a bad start and gets pulled for Carr.

Hope (and think) you're right--I'm putting my season on the line with that play having drafted all three. The question is if Smith can get them the ball...

Asomugha has always played one side of the field rather than shadowing a WR. I don't expect that to change for Crabtree.
That has changed this year.They are using him in a more flexible capacity. The defensive right side is still his prefered spot, but its not etched in stone as it had been in previous years.ftr: Crabtree typically lines up on the other side (defensive left).Still... I have Crabtree on the bench for Amendola this week.

yeah, they had him shadow a couple games.

I think he's done both this year, and sitting whosis because of him wasn't a very good decision given the history.

I have no guess on crabs, though.

edit: btw, I think he just played a side vs the chargers.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, they had him shadow a couple games.I think he's done both this year, and sitting whosis because of him wasn't a very good decision given the history.I have no guess on crabs, though.edit: btw, I think he just played a side vs the chargers.
Whenever he tried to cover floyd he committed a penalty. One of the most overrated/overpaid players in the league.

yeah, they had him shadow a couple games.I think he's done both this year, and sitting whosis because of him wasn't a very good decision given the history.I have no guess on crabs, though.edit: btw, I think he just played a side vs the chargers.
Whenever he tried to cover floyd he committed a penalty. One of the most overrated/overpaid players in the league.
The guy has been awesome for a long time and still is. Your post is up there high on the low football IQ list. Floyd has a good game and now nhamdi is putrid? The raiders are my most hated team by far but to say what you said doesn't make you sound too bright.

The guy has been awesome for a long time and still is. Your post is up there high on the low football IQ list. Floyd has a good game and now nhamdi is putrid? The raiders are my most hated team by far but to say what you said doesn't make you sound too bright.
+1Asomugha is arguably the best CB in the league.

He is good, I just think he is overrated. The man love for him is eerily similar to the love for Favre, can't do no wrong (on the football field at least).

Asomugha has always played one side of the field rather than shadowing a WR. I don't expect that to change for Crabtree.
That has changed this year.They are using him in a more flexible capacity.

The defensive right side is still his prefered spot, but its not etched in stone as it had been in previous years.

ftr: Crabtree typically lines up on the other side (defensive left).

Still... I have Crabtree on the bench for Amendola this week.
he is shadowing the #1 most of the time. if there is no obvious #1, (rams, chargers), he lines up on the right most of the time. i expect him to line up on the right, most of the time against the 49ers. vernon davis may have 300 yards & 6 td's if the raiders don't figure out how to cover the TE

He is good, I just think he is overrated. The man love for him is eerily similar to the love for Favre, can't do no wrong (on the football field at least).
Good, yes. Overrated, no. Overpaid? Compared to teachers, firefighters, etc., yes. Compared to the other top CBs in the NFL? Hard to say. If he is the best CB in the NFL (which I believe to be true), no.However, while trying to research what the salaries for the top NFL cornerbacks, I did something that gives credence to your claim:

(source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d818b...-on-revis-jets)

"But more than a few club owners and general managers were known to be unhappy with Asomugha's deal, saying it was too rich for the position and establishes a bad precedent for future negotiations. Sure enough, that's exactly what is happening between the Jets and Revis. Some league insiders have gone as far as to speculate that at least part of what Al Davis hoped to accomplish by being so generous with his star cornerback was to make things a little more difficult for his opponents' dealings with their star cornerbacks."

Which got me to thinking... could it be that the wily Al Davis is overpaying Darrius Heyward-Bey to make it difficult for other teams with wide receivers who run really fast but drop way too many catchable passes? Another Jet, Braylon Edwards, comes immediately to mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, yes. Overrated, no. Overpaid? Compared to teachers, firefighters, etc., yes. Compared to the other top CBs in the NFL? Hard to say. If he is the best CB in the NFL (which I believe to be true), no.However, while trying to research what the salaries for the top NFL cornerbacks, I did something that gives credence to your claim:

(source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d818b...-on-revis-jets)

"But more than a few club owners and general managers were known to be unhappy with Asomugha's deal, saying it was too rich for the position and establishes a bad precedent for future negotiations. Sure enough, that's exactly what is happening between the Jets and Revis. Some league insiders have gone as far as to speculate that at least part of what Al Davis hoped to accomplish by being so generous with his star cornerback was to make things a little more difficult for his opponents' dealings with their star cornerbacks."
:lol: :bag: :lmao:

Crabtree had a great game vs Eagles (minus Asante Samuel).Does Nmandi shadow Crabtree all game vs the Raiders?
I had the same question yesterday and watched as many video clips as I could. I concluded that Asomugha plays one side (right side, defensively) almost exlusively. That seems to be confirmed with the Raider locals in here. Most of Malcom Floyd's big plays came from the opposite side. A couple of times Floyd made catches with Nmandi draped all over him. For the most part, Rivers avoided Asomugha though. I'm starting Crabtree with confidence.

Crabtree had a great game vs Eagles (minus Asante Samuel).

Does Nmandi shadow Crabtree all game vs the Raiders?
Regardless of the shadow - you can't ignore the motivation Crabtree has to show up the Raiders...Crabtree Article on the SF Gate
Nice! :excited:
Crabtree isn't saying he wants to stick it to the Raiders for skipping him. He's just saying.

"I wouldn't say I was stunned, it's one of those things that happened," Crabtree said. "I guess it is what it is, but you'll always have that in the back of your mind when you play them.

"Yeah, it's going to be big this week
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz12RqrvKoU

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be pretty thankful I was NOT on the Raiders. Sure he lost out on a few million bucks but totally worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread