What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crock pot / Slow cooker recipes (1 Viewer)

Just dropped a 4 pound pork shoulder in with 2 cans of coke.Seasoned with liquid smoke, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepperGot some red onions pickling too go on top of the sandwichReady for the Hurricane now.Pulled pork sandwiches, slice of cheddar or no?
That's a definite yes. And the sharper the better.

Giving this one a shot tomorrow:

Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Stew

Ingredients

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages onion soup mix

1/4 cup butter

1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth

2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup

1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 (15 ounce) cans peas, drained

15 ounces canned carrots, drained

1 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained

1 tablespoon parsley flakes

1/4 cup dry white wine

1 (12 ounce) packages egg noodles

flour

Directions

1. Place chicken in crock pot.

2. Add onion soup mix, butter, broth, and soups.

3. Sprinkle paprika and black pepper over mixture.

4. Add peas, carrots, and mushrooms.

5. Sprinkle parsley flakes over top.

6. Add white wine.

7. Cook on high for 1 hour, then low for 7 hours.

8. Add cooked noodles approximately 30 minutes before end of cooking time.

9. Stir thoroughly.

10. Add flour by the tablespoon and stir to thicken, if desired.

Just dropped a 4 pound pork shoulder in with 2 cans of coke.Seasoned with liquid smoke, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepperGot some red onions pickling too go on top of the sandwichReady for the Hurricane now.Pulled pork sandwiches, slice of cheddar or no?
This is your virgin pulled pork excursion, no? It's gonna change your life, bro!Don't forget to slightly toast the buns. Otherwise they get soggy QUICK.

'Raider Nation said:
'John Bender said:
This is your virgin pulled pork excursion, no? It's gonna change your life, bro!Don't forget to slightly toast the buns. Otherwise they get soggy QUICK.
OH MY GOD THIS IS GOOD.The pork shoulder was 9 dollars on sale too. This is ridiculously cheap and ridiculously good.

'Raider Nation said:
'John Bender said:
OH MY GOD THIS IS GOOD.The pork shoulder was 9 dollars on sale too. This is ridiculously cheap and ridiculously good.
:thumbup: Crazy, ain't it? I got some Kung Pao chicken simmering.

'Raider Nation said:
'John Bender said:
:thumbup: Crazy, ain't it? I got some Kung Pao chicken simmering.
Have you posted this recipe??????

Stupid college student question: Where in a store is a freakin pork shoulder located? Spent 5 minutes looking around the meat area before just going with Salsa Chicken for today...

Stupid college student question: Where in a store is a freakin pork shoulder located? Spent 5 minutes looking around the meat area before just going with Salsa Chicken for today...
You had to have missed it. Every grocery store has them. Pork butt would be fine too.

Not every store has shoulder, but everywhere will have loin or shoulder or butt or whatever. There should be a designated pig section. Buy the cheapest cut. And/or ask the butcher.

Not every store has shoulder, but everywhere will have loin or shoulder or butt or whatever. There should be a designated pig section. Buy the cheapest cut. And/or ask the butcher.
Don't use the loin. Not enough fat. It's just not the same. Dries out and breaks apart too easy.

Made this yesterday for my woman. I'm not a fan of buffalo chicken ( :unsure: ), but she loved it:

4 Chicken breasts

1 Large bottle of Franks

1 Packet of Ranch Dressing mix

4 Tablespoons butter

Chicken breasts and Franks go in, drizzle the Ranch packet over the chicken, cook on high 6-7 hours if frozen, or 3-4 on low if fresh. During the last hour, shred the chicken, add the butter and serve over a roll that can either sop up the sauce, or toasted.

She drizzled some more ranch dressing on the bun :excited: and she loved it. Very simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I have Italian herb chicken in there.

4 big chicken breasts and a pack of mushrooms.

I mixed a small can of tomato paste w 2 small cans of diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.

It's looking and smelling great. Will toss it with some pasta. Bingo bango

Right now I have Italian herb chicken in there.4 big chicken breasts and a pack of mushrooms.I mixed a small can of tomato paste w 2 small cans of diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.It's looking and smelling great. Will toss it with some pasta. Bingo bango
Did you just get a crock pot finally? (Thought I read that earlier) If so, enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy. Cuts down on dishes too. :thumbup:

Right now I have Italian herb chicken in there.4 big chicken breasts and a pack of mushrooms.I mixed a small can of tomato paste w 2 small cans of diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.It's looking and smelling great. Will toss it with some pasta. Bingo bango
Did you just get a crock pot finally? (Thought I read that earlier) If so, enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy. Cuts down on dishes too. :thumbup:
Oh yes mang. And I've cooked in it every Saturday and Sunday for a month now. Pulled pork last Sunday was incredible.This thing is a bachelors dream. With leftovers for days.Love it

Don't use the loin. Not enough fat. It's just not the same. Dries out and breaks apart too easy.
I totally disagree here. I usually use aplle cider vi.egar instead of coke like most. It is drier, but i always add juice on top or shred it in the pot to soak it up. I find the loin to be a better sandwich personally.

I have used my crock pot so much over the past few weeks the handle kid broke....

Might as well buy a new one.... You know, just on case.

I tell ya. I've tried 8 recipes in this thing now. And besides the awful chicken tortilla soup, I have to say the best cut of meat to cook in a slow cooker is chicken (breasts especially).

It just does something to the meat that's incredible. Big fan.

Don't walk, run to the store to buy the ingredients for this.Wow this is good

Bender, remember I told you about the General Tso glaze from Iron Chef?

I'm begging you... go buy it!!! http://www.mirrotek.com/images/GT15_1.jpg

Cook plain ol' chicken breasts (or preferably the thinner stir fry strips) either in the oven or crock pot, then heat a skillet... throw the chicken in there. Top it with a generous amount of the glaze and cook it over a high flame for about 4-5 minutes. Long enough for it to stick to the chicken.

Serve over white rice or just by itself.

Ridiculous how good this stuff is. I have it 2-3x a week.

Bender, remember I told you about the General Tso glaze from Iron Chef?

I'm begging you... go buy it!!! http://www.mirrotek.com/images/GT15_1.jpg

Cook plain ol' chicken breasts (or preferably the thinner stir fry strips) either in the oven or crock pot, then heat a skillet... throw the chicken in there. Top it with a generous amount of the glaze and cook it over a high flame for about 4-5 minutes. Long enough for it to stick to the chicken.

Serve over white rice or just by itself.

Ridiculous how good this stuff is. I have it 2-3x a week.
Righty roo.this is my meal tomorrow then.

ETA: if the store has that stuff. Philly has some crappy grocery stores. I miss Stop n Shop

'John Bender said:
I tell ya. I've tried 8 recipes in this thing now. And besides the awful chicken tortilla soup, I have to say the best cut of meat to cook in a slow cooker is chicken (breasts especially).It just does something to the meat that's incredible. Big fan.
Really? Doesn't make it too dry?

'John Bender said:
I tell ya. I've tried 8 recipes in this thing now. And besides the awful chicken tortilla soup, I have to say the best cut of meat to cook in a slow cooker is chicken (breasts especially).It just does something to the meat that's incredible. Big fan.
Really? Doesn't make it too dry?
I love all my chicken recipes too.I have basically done exclusively chicken for the past month.

I have 1/2 pre cooked smoked ham. I am going to try a suggestion I saw that talked about scoring the ham, dust it with brown sugar, wrap it in reynolds wrap and then cooking it in the crock pot for 3-4 hours. We will see how this turns out.I get tired of cooking a ham the same boring way in the oven, so I am going to try this. Plus if this works out, this is going to be an awesome help on Thanksgiving because we usually prepare a turkey and a ham and this will free up the oven space.
Update?
I put it in on high for 1 hour and then cooked it on low for 3 hours. WOW!!! It was good. All the sugar just carmelized on the ham. My kids ate every little scrap. Now I need to experiment on a larger ham before I attempt this for a holiday meal.
I have a small one in now. Looks and smells good. I added a can of crushed pineapple and am basting with the juices. :thumbup:ETA: Turned out great. Very moist and flavorful. :thumbup:

http://www.food.com/recipe/Tony-Lukes-Italian-Roast-Pork-Sandwich-The-Real-Deal-109581Made this yesterday for some friends who came over for football. Third time I have made it and nothing but rave reviews everytime.Tony Luke's Italian Roast Pork Sandwich (The Real Deal) Roast Pork1 (2 1/2 lb) pork shoulder 3 tablespoons garlic (chopped) 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped) 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped) 1 tablespoon salt 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper 1 tablespoon olive oil I also add a little chicken broth and white wineBroccoli Rabe1 lb broccoli rabe (aka rapini) salt 3 quarts water 1/4 cup olive oil 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped salt 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Accompanimentscrusty Italian roll (football shaped) 1/2 lb sliced sharp provolone cheese Directions:1 - Turn crock pot on high setting.2 - If the roast comes in elastic-y netting remove the netting, but keep it intact, you’ll be stuffing it back in later.3 - Mix the next 6 ingredients in a bowl.4 - Spread the pork roast out on a clean surface.5 - If there are any large thick sections of meat, score them with a knife.6 - Rub 3/4 of the mixture over all exposed surfaces.7 - Roll the roast back up and place back in netting.8 - (Or truss with kitchen twine if no netting was provided) Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the roast.9 - Place the roast in the crock pot and cook at high for 20 minutes.10 - Turn down to low and cook at least 3 hours longer or until the pork is falling apart.11 - Remove pork from truss or netting and shred into large chunks, removing any large pieces of fat that may be left.12 - Return to juices which have accumulated in the crock pot.13 - For the broccoli rabe: Wash thoroughly and cut about 1/2 inch off the bottom of the stems.14 - Cut the florets off the top and set aside.15 - Bring 3qts salted water to a rolling boil.16 - Add broccoli rabe leaves and stems and cook about 1&1/2 minutes then add the florets and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.17 - Remove broccoli from boiling water and drain, but reserve about 1/4- 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.18 - In a deep frying pan (which is cold) begin heat olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic together over medium heat.19 - Once the garlic begins to sauté, begin to time about two minutes (till very lightly browned) add drained broccoli.20 - Sauté the broccoli rabe about 3-5 minutes longer and then add the cooking liquid from the pot. This should look a little soupy.21 - Assemble: Toast sliced roll if desired. I prefer to dig some of the inner bread out of the roll22 - Add provo to roll before hot meat. then the cheese can melt. After that top with broccoli rabe generously.
Finally got around to making this yesterday. Man was it good. Just a great mix of flavors and an awesome sammy! :thumbup: I think Id cut back a little on the salt on the meat though since the rabe and cheese are both already somewhat salty.My other favorite crock-pot sammy recipe (super easy)...1 Large onion - cut into 4 thick slices and laid in the bottom of pot1 Chuck roast (3-5lbs) - laid on top of onions1 Jar of sliced banana peppers - open and pour the whole jar over beefCook on high for about an hour. Turn to low for another 3-4 hours. Remove large chunks of fat, shred beef (if ready) and return to pot on warm, or return to pot on low until ready to shred. Serve on crusty rolls.

My other favorite crock-pot sammy recipe (super easy)...1 Large onion - cut into 4 thick slices and laid in the bottom of pot1 Chuck roast (3-5lbs) - laid on top of onions1 Jar of sliced banana peppers - open and pour the whole jar over beefCook on high for about an hour. Turn to low for another 3-4 hours. Remove large chunks of fat, shred beef (if ready) and return to pot on warm, or return to pot on low until ready to shred. Serve on crusty rolls.
Father in law does this all the time. Always good eatin.

http://www.food.com/recipe/Tony-Lukes-Italian-Roast-Pork-Sandwich-The-Real-Deal-109581Made this yesterday for some friends who came over for football. Third time I have made it and nothing but rave reviews everytime.Tony Luke's Italian Roast Pork Sandwich (The Real Deal) Roast Pork1 (2 1/2 lb) pork shoulder 3 tablespoons garlic (chopped) 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped) 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped) 1 tablespoon salt 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper 1 tablespoon olive oil I also add a little chicken broth and white wineBroccoli Rabe1 lb broccoli rabe (aka rapini) salt 3 quarts water 1/4 cup olive oil 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped salt 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Accompanimentscrusty Italian roll (football shaped) 1/2 lb sliced sharp provolone cheese Directions:1 - Turn crock pot on high setting.2 - If the roast comes in elastic-y netting remove the netting, but keep it intact, you’ll be stuffing it back in later.3 - Mix the next 6 ingredients in a bowl.4 - Spread the pork roast out on a clean surface.5 - If there are any large thick sections of meat, score them with a knife.6 - Rub 3/4 of the mixture over all exposed surfaces.7 - Roll the roast back up and place back in netting.8 - (Or truss with kitchen twine if no netting was provided) Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the roast.9 - Place the roast in the crock pot and cook at high for 20 minutes.10 - Turn down to low and cook at least 3 hours longer or until the pork is falling apart.11 - Remove pork from truss or netting and shred into large chunks, removing any large pieces of fat that may be left.12 - Return to juices which have accumulated in the crock pot.13 - For the broccoli rabe: Wash thoroughly and cut about 1/2 inch off the bottom of the stems.14 - Cut the florets off the top and set aside.15 - Bring 3qts salted water to a rolling boil.16 - Add broccoli rabe leaves and stems and cook about 1&1/2 minutes then add the florets and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.17 - Remove broccoli from boiling water and drain, but reserve about 1/4- 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.18 - In a deep frying pan (which is cold) begin heat olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic together over medium heat.19 - Once the garlic begins to sauté, begin to time about two minutes (till very lightly browned) add drained broccoli.20 - Sauté the broccoli rabe about 3-5 minutes longer and then add the cooking liquid from the pot. This should look a little soupy.21 - Assemble: Toast sliced roll if desired. I prefer to dig some of the inner bread out of the roll22 - Add provo to roll before hot meat. then the cheese can melt. After that top with broccoli rabe generously.
Finally got around to making this yesterday. Man was it good. Just a great mix of flavors and an awesome sammy! :thumbup: I think Id cut back a little on the salt on the meat though since the rabe and cheese are both already somewhat salty.My other favorite crock-pot sammy recipe (super easy)...1 Large onion - cut into 4 thick slices and laid in the bottom of pot1 Chuck roast (3-5lbs) - laid on top of onions1 Jar of sliced banana peppers - open and pour the whole jar over beefCook on high for about an hour. Turn to low for another 3-4 hours. Remove large chunks of fat, shred beef (if ready) and return to pot on warm, or return to pot on low until ready to shred. Serve on crusty rolls.
:hifive: We made the subs again a couple weeks back, couldn't find sharp prov so we used white cheddar and it was an excellent substitution! Agreed on the salt and we usually add extra garlic and red pepper to the rabe.

Hamburger Soup

1lb ground sirloin, ground chuck or beef

3 cups boiling water

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp season salt

1/4 tsp crushed oregano

1/4 tsp crushed basil

1 8oz can of tomato sauce (I used Rotel tomato sauce with green chili's)

1 cup finely cut carrots

1 cup finely cut celery

1 package dry onion soup mix (1oz)

1 TBS Soy Sauce

I cup of macaroni, cooked and drained

crumble uncooked meat into crock pot . Add pepper, oregano, basil, seasoned salt, and dry soup mix. Stir in boiling water, tomato sauce, and soy sauce. Lastly, add carrots & celery.Top with spices & dry onion soup mix. Add boiling water, soy sauce and tomato sauce. Cook on low 6-8 hrs.

Cook macaroni according to instructions. place macaroni in bowl top with soup from crock pot. Top soup with grated parmesan/pecorino cheese.

I typically double this recipe so we have leftovers. It's a great stick to your ribs soup.

Hamburger Soup

3 cups boiling water

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp season salt

1/4 tsp crushed oregano

1/4 tsp crushed basil

1 cup finely cut carrots

1 cup finely cut celery

1 TBS Soy Sauce

crumble uncooked meat into crock pot . Add pepper, oregano, basil, seasoned salt, and dry soup mix. Stir in boiling water, tomato sauce, and soy sauce. Lastly, add carrots & celery.Top with spices & dry onion soup mix. Add boiling water, soy sauce and tomato sauce. Cook on low 6-8 hrs.

Cook macaroni according to instructions. place macaroni in bowl top with soup from crock pot. Top soup with grated parmesan/pecorino cheese.

I typically double this recipe so we have leftovers. It's a great stick to your ribs soup.
As the local soup nazi around these parts, this is VERY important.

Do not mix the damn macaroni with the soup - even when you refrigerate it. It will absorb all of the liquid and turn to mush and all the broth will be gone.

Lastly - make it with rice instead of macaroni and a ton of cabbage and you have "Stuffed Cabbage Soup" It's awesome if you like cabbage.

Hamburger Soup

3 cups boiling water

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp season salt

1/4 tsp crushed oregano

1/4 tsp crushed basil

1 cup finely cut carrots

1 cup finely cut celery

1 TBS Soy Sauce

As the local soup nazi around these parts, this is VERY important.

Do not mix the damn macaroni with the soup - even when you refrigerate it. It will absorb all of the liquid and turn to mush and all the broth will be gone.

Lastly - make it with rice instead of macaroni and a ton of cabbage and you have "Stuffed Cabbage Soup" It's awesome if you like cabbage.
100% correct. Thanks soup Nazi, I know how you suffer for your soup :thumbup:

Going to make a sweet & sour brisket in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow. Seems like it should take between 8-10 hours on low to cook.

Question, bought a bunch of potatoes. Once rinsed, peeled, and quartered, can I just throw them on top of the brisket and let them cook there the entire time?

Users who are viewing this thread