What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutting the cord...Streaming NFL content...is it reasonable? (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Does anyone here purchase any of the NFL.com packages and stream them to your TV?

As I understand it, you can get all the games, but can't watch them until they complete airing in real-time. But after that, you have all sorts of recaps and access to all the games.

The NFL packages can be regular season only, or add in preseason as well as playoffs.

Also, what device is best for streaming web content if you go this way? do you stream Netflix? Blue Ray DVD player? Xbox or some game console? Roku media player/Apple TV? One of those USB/wireless thumb devices?

thanks!

If you have a VPN, which is about 3 to 5 bucks a month (I use surfeasy), you can buy Game Pass using a European IP for 100 bucks and stream all the games live in HD. Best option for the non cable subscribers. There are obviously other ways to watch free streams but the quality is often not as good and it's more of a hassle to find stable streams.

If you have a VPN, which is about 3 to 5 bucks a month (I use surfeasy), you can buy Game Pass using a European IP for 100 bucks and stream all the games live in HD. Best option for the non cable subscribers. There are obviously other ways to watch free streams but the quality is often not as good and it's more of a hassle to find stable streams.
Nice.

Slightly illegal but I like it.

I just got Game Pass a couple of days ago so I haven't had a chance to test it out during the actual games yet. I'm in Canada so I will have some games that are subject to black out. Just something to remember if you are using a VPN, go with a European VPN to avoid any possible black outs.

As for steaming, I just plug my laptop into TV. For just generally watching "TV" I just use Netflix and now lots of the major networks have some sort of a live stream. Honestly though, I just watch A LOT less TV but will end up on a Netflix binge at times.

ThePittbully said:
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. I'm from Australia so I've purchased NFL Game Pass for a number of years, roughly $200 USD a season, get every game live, NFL Red Zone, NFL Network, All 22 film as well, all in HD, all games available on replay whenever you want and the condensed play by play versions which takes about 30 mins to watch a game, it's brilliant.

I don't need the VPN but you will in the US but hey, geo-blocking is balls, stick it to the man! a good VPN will cost you $50 a year and you are set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have suggestions on a good enough VPN? Obviously would like the cheapest possible but don't want to get stuck with crap that is stuck buffering the entire game.

I use a good antenna for local games in HD, works well in cities, not well at all where I used to live.

Anybody have suggestions on a good enough VPN? Obviously would like the cheapest possible but don't want to get stuck with crap that is stuck buffering the entire game.
I thought I read you only need the VPN to log in, then you turn it off once you start streaming.

I use a good antenna for local games in HD, works well in cities, not well at all where I used to live.
I use a crap jerry-rigged antenna (a metal mirror bracket with two lamp harps shooting out the sides), and my picture is better than I got with cable and satellite. Location matters, I'm sure, I live in the suburbs. FWIW.

Been doing this the last 2 years. works great. And yes, once you log in you can disable the VPN.

I use a crap jerry-rigged antenna (a metal mirror bracket with two lamp harps shooting out the sides), and my picture is better than I got with cable and satellite. Location matters, I'm sure, I live in the suburbs. FWIW.
The type of antenna has nothing to do with the picture quality now. It does make a huge difference in how many channels you are able to pick up though. With the digital signal now the picture always looks great as long as you get reception.

Antenna is the only way to get great TV for free. (Legally)

Users who are viewing this thread