What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daniel Day-Lewis to Play Abe Lincoln in Spielberg Film (1 Viewer)

I misread this as Ape Lincoln and I thought, "What the hell?" Then I realized it said Abe Lincoln.

Now I'm sad because, as far as I know, there will never be an Ape Lincoln movie in my future. And I bet it would have been pretty sweet. Ape Lincoln.

I misread this as Ape Lincoln and I thought, "What the hell?" Then I realized it said Abe Lincoln. Now I'm sad because, as far as I know, there will never be an Ape Lincoln movie in my future. And I bet it would have been pretty sweet. Ape Lincoln.
You're back!

Have you been posting under another name?
No. I was in an accident a couple years back. I was completely fine except for my ability to be sarcastic. But after years of rehab, I'm finally back to where I was before the accident.Also, as a side note of good advice, refrain from referencing admins' family members and large genetalia in the same sentence. Weird. I'm not sure why I just thought of that.

Much better choice than Neeson, though im sure he would have been fine in his way. The most charming and, more, dramatic aspect of Honest Abe is how unlikely a public figure he was, with his awardness, juvenile sense of humor & screechy voice and i'm sure DD-L will mine that as much as the natural drama of events for his portrayal as probably no one else would.

No. I was in an accident a couple years back. I was completely fine except for my ability to be sarcastic. But after years of rehab, I'm finally back to where I was before the accident.Also, as a side note of good advice, refrain from referencing admins' family members and large genetalia in the same sentence. Weird. I'm not sure why I just thought of that.
:lmao:

Much better choice than Neeson, though im sure he would have been fine in his way. The most charming and, more, dramatic aspect of Honest Abe is how unlikely a public figure he was, with his awardness, juvenile sense of humor & screechy voice and i'm sure DD-L will mine that as much as the natural drama of events for his portrayal as probably no one else would.
No question. not sure how this film could fail.

That reminds me of day one, when things were exactly the same as this.

I misread this as Ape Lincoln and I thought, "What the hell?" Then I realized it said Abe Lincoln. Now I'm sad because, as far as I know, there will never be an Ape Lincoln movie in my future. And I bet it would have been pretty sweet. Ape Lincoln.
:shrug: With Chuck Heston as the theater shooter.

Great character played by a great actor under a great director.....but the real story?

The Shiek is back. Tough to steal the show from Daniel Day-Lewis, but you've done it.

:goodposting: With Chuck Heston as the theater shooter.
Sic semper tyrannis, you damn dirty ape!!
:thumbup:
This is the problem with Hollywood. Great ideas stay shelved while lumps of turds like Yogi Bear get greenlit.

:shock:

BTW, why is Lincoln (Ape or Abe) sitting on a throne in the Lincoln Memorial? I know I'm knew to your country, but what year was he King of America?

Lincoln was often referred to by his southern enemies as "the Gorilla". So this isn't such a stretch...

BTW, why is Lincoln (Ape or Abe) sitting on a throne in the Lincoln Memorial? I know I'm knew to your country, but what year was he King of America?
He's supposed to come back and reign for 1,000 years.
:thumbup: The Abepocalypse
Was he the Fourth Reich?
You really think it's a coincidence that the best facial hair of all time belongs to Jesus, Lincoln, and Hitler? They are all the same guy. We're through the looking glass.

Awesome movie if you're a history person.
I really enjoyed it. I was wondering afterward how much was literary license and how much was from actual quotes and other historical materials they have left from that time period. Basically, was it really history, or is it just a good movie that was based on characters that historical time period.

Awesome movie if you're a history person.
I really enjoyed it. I was wondering afterward how much was literary license and how much was from actual quotes and other historical materials they have left from that time period. Basically, was it really history, or is it just a good movie that was based on characters that historical time period.
My thought is that other than the gettysburg address at the opening, his second inaugural speech at the end and the wording of the 13th amendment, most of it is an amalgamation of the opinions and arguments on slavery. His first monologue(i believe when discussing the siege of wilmington) was great.

Users who are viewing this thread