What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derek Anderson Flip Out (1 Viewer)

Irish Chaos

Footballguy
any one see the post game interview on NFL network...he flippedddd out...wow,

instant classic. i dont have a link, someone post one please. It was epic. :confused:

Coors Light is calling as soon as he is no longer a Cardinal's talent employee.

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently he got caught smiling or laughing after the game by reporters and that was his reaction when confronted about it.

this is def going down as a sound bite to be used on sports radio for a long time

:lol:Big deal.
it was a "they were who we thought they were" level meltdown. . Derek went from, "Yeah, it was sort of funny to me," to, "IT'S NOT FUNNY. YOU THINK I DON'T TAKE THIS #### SERIOUSLY?!" and yelling and storming out. I'd feel bad for him... then i remember he's a millionaire.

:XBig deal.
it was a "they were who we thought they were" level meltdown. . Derek went from, "Yeah, it was sort of funny to me," to, "IT'S NOT FUNNY. YOU THINK I DON'T TAKE THIS #### SERIOUSLY?!" and yelling and storming out. I'd feel bad for him... then i remember he's a millionaire.
:lol: ... hes just not deserving of having fitz to throw to...thats the guy i feel bad for. It is absolutely pathetic. Althoguh i do believe the cardinals fans are being a little harsh on there team considering the sucess they have had in the past few years and the great job they have done turning that organization around. As a fitz owner i hope they lose out and somehow get :lol: Andrew Luck!

:goodposting:Big deal.
The only similarity is that the presser was at the same podium. It's not even in the same league as Denny Green's flip.

:goodposting: Big deal.
The only similarity is that the presser was at the same podium. It's not even in the same league as Denny Green's flip.
Anderson sure knows how to talk over folks and also thinks the louder he yells the better the outcome. That didn't work so he stormed off...looked pretty bad.

:goodposting: Big deal.
Anderson sure knows how to talk over folks and also thinks the louder he yells the better the outcome. That didn't work so he stormed off...looked pretty bad.
:goodposting:

Epic meltdown... at one point I thought he was going to pull an "Axl Rose" and dive into the crowd swinging away at reporters.

At first I thought, "no big deal... so he got caught laughing on the wrong side of a blowout", BUT, he sure reacted like a guy that got caught and was guilty of exactly what he was being accused of (back door style).

In Anderson's defense...kind of a loaded question and the guy kept asking it even when Anderson gave an answer. He should have thrown the podium aside on and gone Jim Everett on the guy.

Always got the feeling that despite his mediocrity, Derek Anderson genuinely puts a lot of effort into this, so I do feel bad for him in that sense.

That said, this was pretty wild.

In Anderson's defense...kind of a loaded question and the guy kept asking it even when Anderson gave an answer. He should have thrown the podium aside on and gone Jim Everett on the guy.
That...or just answered the question. :shrug:
It's a poorly worded question. He could have simply asked what he was laughing about on the sideline. Instead he asked him "why were you laughing when you were down 24-6?" He was provoking him. Guy asking was a jackass.

Whoever the "reporter" was talking that tone with a professional athlete must have a huge "little man complex"
I thought the reporter was as calm, cordial and professional as he could have possibly been. :shrug:
No "professional" would ask a question like that. That guy was a hack. That was a lame try to publicly scold the player, not an attempt to obtain any useful information for a news piece.

Always got the feeling that despite his mediocrity, Derek Anderson genuinely puts a lot of effort into this, so I do feel bad for him in that sense.

That said, this was pretty wild.
It was... he was walking that fine line between crying and killing somebody... probably best that he just pulled the plug and stormed out of the room.

It's a poorly worded question. He could have simply asked what he was laughing about on the sideline. Instead he asked him "why were you laughing when you were down 24-6?" He was provoking him. Guy asking was a jackass.
He asked what everyone wanted him to ask - that's what reporters are supposed to do.The camera had focussed on DA laughing and the game commentators had noted it... it was already a story, and it made sense to put the context of the question into the asking of it.DA initially denied it until he realized by the reporter's question that he had been caught on camera .DA's reaction to the question suggested it caught him by surprise and the reason behind the sideline jocularity was one he didn't want to publicize.

Whoever the "reporter" was talking that tone with a professional athlete must have a huge "little man complex"
I thought the reporter was as calm, cordial and professional as he could have possibly been. :shrug:
No "professional" would ask a question like that. That guy was a hack. That was a lame try to publicly scold the player, not an attempt to obtain any useful information for a news piece.
Exactly. The reporter phrased the question in order to antagonize DA.

The reporter didn't do anything wrong here, DA was obviously caught laughing on the sideline and instead of admitting it or addressing it he just tried to turn the tables on the reporter who was just doing his job. DA, I am sorry, but you suck.

He asked what everyone wanted him to ask - that's what reporters are supposed to do.The camera had focussed on DA laughing and the game commentators had noted it... it was already a story, and it made sense to put the context of the question into the asking of it.DA initially denied it until he realized by the reporter's question that he had been caught on camera .DA's reaction to the question suggested it caught him by surprise and the reason behind the sideline jocularity was one he didn't want to publicize.
His reaction suggested to me he was outraged by the what the "interviewer" was trying to infer with the question. It really wasn't a story but if the guy asking the question really wanted to know why he was laughing, he could have just asked him that instead of mentioning what the score was. "The camera showed you and another player laughing on the sideline. What were you laughing about?" ...Is much different than..."why is something funny when you're down 18 points in the 4th quarter?" On top of that Anderson gave him an, albeit curt, answer right away and the guy pressed him multiple times for more. Kind of a ridiculous question to keep asking a guy who just sucked/lost on MNF. What answer would have been sufficient? DA was right to unload a little on the guy. Guy who asked the question probably never even held a football.

He asked what everyone wanted him to ask - that's what reporters are supposed to do.The camera had focussed on DA laughing and the game commentators had noted it... it was already a story, and it made sense to put the context of the question into the asking of it.

DA initially denied it until he realized by the reporter's question that he had been caught on camera .

DA's reaction to the question suggested it caught him by surprise and the reason behind the sideline jocularity was one he didn't want to publicize.
His reaction suggested to me he was outraged by the what the "interviewer" was trying to infer with the question. It really wasn't a story but if the guy asking the question really wanted to know why he was laughing, he could have just asked him that instead of mentioning what the score was. "The camera showed you and another player laughing on the sideline. What were you laughing about?" ...Is much different than..."why is something funny when you're down 18 points in the 4th quarter?" On top of that Anderson gave him an, albeit curt, answer right away and the guy pressed him multiple times for more. Kind of a ridiculous question to keep asking a guy who just sucked/lost on MNF. What answer would have been sufficient? DA was right to unload a little on the guy. Guy who asked the question probably never even held a football.
What the viewers/readers of that reporter's paper or station want to know is this: "why is something funny when you're down 18 points in the 4th quarter?" Not this: "The camera showed you and another player laughing on the sideline. What were you laughing about?"

Ditto... DA turned it into a confrontation, the way a little kid does when he knows he's wrong.
He answered the question with the truth "What him and Duce talk about is no ones biz", and so what he was laughing who cares really.Reporter got carried away, DA did what anyone who just had a bad day would do. Stop siding with the reporters and the media everyone, it is their job to stir the pot....they are everything that is wrong in the world. I should know, I work in the field.

Yeah, it was completely unprofessional. But everyone who cares at all about this Cardinals team was sickened and possibly quite angry about what we had just witnessed. I fully support Kent Somers asking that question, even if he's supposed to be unbiased.

Ditto... DA turned it into a confrontation, the way a little kid does when he knows he's wrong.
He answered the question with the truth "What him and Duce talk about is no ones biz", and so what he was laughing who cares really.Reporter got carried away, DA did what anyone who just had a bad day would do. Stop siding with the reporters and the media everyone, it is their job to stir the pot....they are everything that is wrong in the world. I should know, I work in the field.
:jawdrop: I see nothing wrong with a player laughing on the sidelines. What's he supposed to do, slit his wrists? If he sits there and laughs the entire game, sure, roast him. But no matter how crappy a day someone is having there's nothing wrong with having someone get you to crack a smile in the middle of your gloom.

He had a bad game...and he dared to laugh? Lynch him!

Users who are viewing this thread