What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DeSean Jackson's Perfect Storm (1 Viewer)

RudeDog

Footballguy
With the dressing down DeSean got from Andy Reid after the Eagles loss to the Bears last Sunday one would think he might be a risky play this Thursday after the short recovery week. Lets look at DeSeans history though.

1) DeSean loves prime time games. Last year Jackson caught 18 passes for 383 yards and scored five total touchdownsin his 4 prime time matchups. This year we saw the 88 yarder on the first play against the 'Skins. Although he did lay an egg against the Niners on a Sunday night.

2) Jackson tends to follow up bad games with explosive performances. After opening the season with a 4/30 performance he exploded for 4/135/1 the next week. And after the SF game mentioned above he scored a rushing and receiving TD in the first quarter before going out with his concussion.

3) Houston may have the worst pass defense in the history of football.

So, if you are considering benching DeSean you may want to reconsider, he could just explode again for 30 or so fantasy point this week.

I don't own DeSean (I own Maclin and Celek), but DeSean will absolutely annihilate Houston on Thursday. I don't know why anyone would even consider benching DeSean, if only because of the matchup.

I don't own DeSean (I own Maclin and Celek), but DeSean will absolutely annihilate Houston on Thursday. I don't know why anyone would even consider benching DeSean, if only because of the matchup.
True that. I guess I'm a little spoiled as I have Bowe and Andre as my 1 and 2 and I choose between Welker and Jackson as my flex. Nice choice to have :)

RudeDog said:
With the dressing down DeSean got from Andy Reid after the Eagles loss to the Bears last Sunday one would think he might be a risky play this Thursday after the short recovery week. Lets look at DeSeans history though.1) DeSean loves prime time games. Last year Jackson caught 18 passes for 383 yards and scored five total touchdownsin his 4 prime time matchups. This year we saw the 88 yarder on the first play against the 'Skins. Although he did lay an egg against the Niners on a Sunday night.2) Jackson tends to follow up bad games with explosive performances. After opening the season with a 4/30 performance he exploded for 4/135/1 the next week. And after the SF game mentioned above he scored a rushing and receiving TD in the first quarter before going out with his concussion.3) Houston may have the worst pass defense in the history of football.So, if you are considering benching DeSean you may want to reconsider, he could just explode again for 30 or so fantasy point this week.
I don't disagree that DJAX will blow up, but #3 is the only real point here.#1 - so far, hes gone 2 for 24, 2 for 98 with a TD, and 5 for 50 in 3 primetime games this year, an average of 3/57/.3 a game.#2 - His last two games are 5 for 50 and 2 for 20. In weeks 4 and 5, he went 3 for 19 and then 2 for 24.

Celek really seemed to benefit from the Bears shutdown work on Jackson and Maclin for the most part. Does anyone really think he's going to produce another decent performance this week? I just seem him blocking while Jackson and Maclin go deep and score.

D Jax is a deep threat and nothing else , he wont give you 6 catches for 150 yds and a TD .

He will give you 2 - 65 and maybe a TD, no not for me Jackson is a hit or miss guy that s it ...

I can see this game going bad for Houston quickly with that defense... easy to imagine a heavily-lopsided Eagles victory.

Take the Birds and the over.

I think DeSean breaks a Punt or Kickoff for a TD this week.

Maclin is the man at WR1 in Philly, DeSean is more of a WR1 Decoy.

Andy Reid and Marty Morhinweg do a terrible job of scheming ways to get Jackson the ball.

D-Jax may be the most explosive WR in the league; I just don't understand why they don't feed him the rock. He averages 21 yards per catch, though statistically he's having a substandard season as compared to last year.

There is NO WAY Houston will keep DJax out of the endzone this week. This reeks of a 8/175/2 performance. Maybe a punt return TD as well.

i think it just depends if houston is going to keep 2 safeties 35 yards deep like chi did. if they do, desean could have another 2 catch game. if they don't, he could have a career game.

anyone know what kind of coverages houston is capable of playing??

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Jackson and Maclin, and I cant wait to start both. Eagles coming off a bad game, especially Desean, and going against an absolutely awful secondary. I expect 20 points from both of them.

This reminds me of the Thu night game a few years ago against AZ. Eagles are mad, Reid is mad, Jackson is mad. Samuel will be back on D. I expect a high scoring game and a strong one from D Jax and Maclin.

Eagles 45

Houston 24

This reminds me of the Thu night game a few years ago against AZ. Eagles are mad, Reid is mad, Jackson is mad. Samuel will be back on D. I expect a high scoring game and a strong one from D Jax and Maclin.Eagles 45Houston 24
You mean the game where Arizona had to travel all the way across the country on a short week and was whipped before they even got off the plane?

This reminds me of the Thu night game a few years ago against AZ. Eagles are mad, Reid is mad, Jackson is mad. Samuel will be back on D. I expect a high scoring game and a strong one from D Jax and Maclin.Eagles 45Houston 24
You mean the game where Arizona had to travel all the way across the country on a short week and was whipped before they even got off the plane?
On thanksgiving none the less.

D Jax is a deep threat and nothing else , he wont give you 6 catches for 150 yds and a TD .

He will give you 2 - 65 and maybe a TD, no not for me Jackson is a hit or miss guy that s it ...
Now, let's bring some actual facts to the discussion:http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=WR

You will notice that DJax is targetted deep about 34.9% of the time he is thrown to - that is 19th in the league. 20th? Maclin at 34.5%.

If you prefer the delusional football planet to the real one, feel free to ignore the facts though. :popcorn:

Sabertooth said:
tonyftony716 said:
That's the one. I know the Texans are traveling from Texas which is almost New jersey according to some people's logic but it's still a trip, on a short week (nobody cares if it was thanksgiving). Eagles in a bad mood that week and a bad mood this week against what is the worst pass D in football. As stated...perfect storm for Eagles receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread