What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Detroit homers (1 Viewer)

Foureyes

Footballguy
I own Cutler and Big Ben, and I want to pick up a third QB for this week just in case Cutler doesn't go. SHill looks like a good option, but I'm worried that Stafford will be activated, start and leave me with three QBs who are all out at the same time. FBG's players in the news made it look like Stafford is just starting to throw this week and probably won't be ready to go, but I want to make sure he's still out before I jump on Hill. My other, safer option is Gradkowski, but I'd prefer Hill if the coast is clear...

Appreciate any more detailed info, I have until Thursday 5PM to make the move...

Thanks!

I would feel comfortable starting Hill. I don't see Stafford starting this week, he hasn't even thrown a ball since the injury. At most I see him being dressed as the emergency #3 QB this week, but I highly doubt he makes the active roster.

Take this for what it's worth. Keep in mind that the reporter who wrote this article is a blow hard moron like most of the Lions beat writers.

Detroit Lions' Nate Burleson returns to practice; Stafford sidelined
While not knowing if you live here in S.E. Michigan, IMO, Your analysis of T. (The Killer) Kowalski couldn't be further from the truth. He is by far the most connected and knowledgeable insider & reporter when it comes to the Lions.

As for Stafford, 97.1 the Ticket reported about 30 min's ago that Stafford was sighted tossing the ball lightly with the other QB's. Other than that the Schwartz likes to keep all info silent just like Belichick

Take this for what it's worth. Keep in mind that the reporter who wrote this article is a blow hard moron like most of the Lions beat writers.

While not knowing if you live here in S.E. Michigan, IMO, Your analysis of T. (The Killer) Kowalski couldn't be further from the truth. He is by far the most connected and knowledgeable insider & reporter when it comes to the Lions.

As for Stafford, 97.1 the Ticket reported about 30 min's ago that Stafford was sighted tossing the ball lightly with the other QB's. Other than that the Schwartz likes to keep all info silent just like Belichick
Thanks for the information. :goodposting:

I live in Southwestern Ontario and have been a Lions fan for over 20 years. The guy is a big mouth buffoon who writes at about an 8th grade level. He never writes an article more than 3 paragraphs usually because he is incapable of offering any depth whatsoever. His predictions are wrong time after time and yet you can't get away from his annoying voice on the radio or articles popping up on the internet. Saying all that he's pretty par for the course when it comes to journalism in Detroit.

Matthew Stafford (shoulder) did not practice on Wednesday.

Stafford did play catch with Drew Stanton and Shaun Hill before the workout, but it was light tossing. He won't be back before Week 6 at the earliest.

Source: Tom Kowalski on Twitter

Just because there is no guarantee I get Stafford back and then at least I will have a starting QB going forward. Hill only gives me a starter for one week. Even though I bet it is a much better week.

i dont see him coming back until after the bye...the season is a bust so no need to rush back your franchise QB
this is the one reason I am actually contemplating Hill over Grads. Hill is honestly playing well enough to stay the starter all year. With nothing to play for already, is there a possibility Hill starts all year?

i dont see him coming back until after the bye...the season is a bust so no need to rush back your franchise QB
this is the one reason I am actually contemplating Hill over Grads. Hill is honestly playing well enough to stay the starter all year. With nothing to play for already, is there a possibility Hill starts all year?
Less than zero possibility. The whole point of this year was to let Stafford develop.

Why would anybody think they are going to play Stafford before the bye, are you nuts? Yeah, rush him back for the Giants game on the road so he can get Cutler'd! :goodposting:

After the bye however, Stafford gets 5 of Detroit's next 7 games at home. Wow. And the two road games don't look bad, either. At Buffalo. And at Dallas, where you gotta like the conditions he'll get.

Stafford will be a top 7 QB the second half of the season.

Why would anybody think they are going to play Stafford before the bye, are you nuts? Yeah, rush him back for the Giants game on the road so he can get Cutler'd! :shrug:After the bye however, Stafford gets 5 of Detroit's next 7 games at home. Wow. And the two road games don't look bad, either. At Buffalo. And at Dallas, where you gotta like the conditions he'll get.Stafford will be a top 7 QB the second half of the season.
Spot on. Stafford won't play this week, and I'd be surprised if he's on the field before week 8, but I'd suspect he'd be ready for the games after the bye. If they were winning games, I think he would have been throwing already, not just lightly tossing. There's no rush or urgency, they're letting him heal fully, however long that takes, and then going from there.Here's to hoping for a solid offensive tackle to draft to keep this man safe and secure.

ConstantRebuilding said:
BRONG said:
Why would anybody think they are going to play Stafford before the bye, are you nuts? Yeah, rush him back for the Giants game on the road so he can get Cutler'd! :confused: After the bye however, Stafford gets 5 of Detroit's next 7 games at home. Wow. And the two road games don't look bad, either. At Buffalo. And at Dallas, where you gotta like the conditions he'll get.Stafford will be a top 7 QB the second half of the season.
Spot on. Stafford won't play this week, and I'd be surprised if he's on the field before week 8, but I'd suspect he'd be ready for the games after the bye. If they were winning games, I think he would have been throwing already, not just lightly tossing. There's no rush or urgency, they're letting him heal fully, however long that takes, and then going from there.Here's to hoping for a solid offensive tackle to draft to keep this man safe and secure.
I think there's absolutely no chance of him coming back before week 8. Hopefully he'll be 100% by week 8 since that's nice matchup against the Redskins.

Last edited by a moderator:
mt99808 said:
TTCrusher said:
mt99808 said:

I live in Southwestern Ontario and have been a Lions fan for over 20 years. The guy is a big mouth buffoon who writes at about an 8th grade level. He never writes an article more than 3 paragraphs usually because he is incapable of offering any depth whatsoever. His predictions are wrong time after time and yet you can't get away from his annoying voice on the radio or articles popping up on the internet. Saying all that he's pretty par for the course when it comes to journalism in Detroit.
Interesting take. Don't listen to his podcasts or radio streams (except when I am visiting home), just the M-Live articles. I would pretty much agree with what other homers have said, he seems in tune with what is what. Not sure who his sources are but he is out in front of a lot of developments long before we hear it from anyone else. He gets some stuff wrong, for sure, but compared to somebody vanilla like Lynn Henning, the guy kicks butt. At least he has an opinion.I guess when I compare him to the Oakland Press or Free Press writers, he seems way better. Personally I like Mike O'Hara of the News the best, despite his negativity (who can blame him, he's been covering the Lions forever). But if its a developing story, I trust what Killer has to say.

/rant & hijack

mt99808 said:
TTCrusher said:
mt99808 said:

:blackdot: that explains it...

Sure is a lot of Tom Kowalski love up in here. The mlive crowd hangs on Killers every word....and a lot of the stuff he comes up with is garbage. Just because there really isn't anyone else to listen to, doesn't mean he is good.

Here is Killers greatest bit of "inside information"

"Kowalski believes there's "zero" chance the Lions will take Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford with the No. 1 overall pick in April." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:thumbup: that explains it...
Explains what? That I have a higher standard for journalism? Or that Tom Kowalski writes at the same intellectual level as his readers/listeners?

Users who are viewing this thread