What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DHB is ridiculously fast (1 Viewer)

I don't know what's funnier... The fact that he appears cartoonishly fast, or the fact that even though he was able to outrun everyone on the field, it looked like he had no idea where he was. First, he kept running, like he thought it was a race. Then, he thought that maybe he should try and tackle the guy with the ball. But then, he noticed a Giants player was thinking about blocking him... and then he ran away. And in no point in his afterburning dead-on, uber-confused sprint did he ever approach anything that looked like a football move or tackle, and at no point in his legs-on-fire-not-sure-where-to-go tirade did he get within 5 yards of the ball.

All in all, it's funny. He may be fast, but... boy.. that's hilarious

Last edited by a moderator:
<- <- Searching for Forrest Gump 'Bama run.

Raiders fans should make signs and all simulteneously yell, "STOP!" when DHB catches his first touchdown...assuming he ever catches one.

that is funny. love it when he outruns him for no real reason...

he does run 50 yards in 4 seconds, though. wow.

goodoldalky said:
I don't know what's funnier... The fact that he appears cartoonishly fast, or the fact that even though he was able to outrun everyone on the field, it looked like he had no idea where he was. First, he kept running, like he thought it was a race. Then, he thought that maybe he should try and tackle the guy with the ball. But then, he noticed a Giants player was thinking about blocking him... and then he ran away. And in no point in his afterburning dead-on, uber-confused sprint did he ever approach anything that looked like a football move or tackle, and at no point in his legs-on-fire-not-sure-where-to-go tirade did he get within 5 yards of the ball.All in all, it's funny. He may be fast, but... boy.. that's hilarious
;) Sadly, I have to agree. ;)

LOL. That's pretty great. The best part is that he doesn't even take an angle to make the tackle. He just runs straight like it's a race to the end zone.

Gordon09 said:
This will serve the Raiders well in the 100 meter dash portion of the NFL season.
Between him and DeMarcus, I think the Raiders have the run, pass, and kick competition in the bag.

goodoldalky said:
I don't know what's funnier... The fact that he appears cartoonishly fast, or the fact that even though he was able to outrun everyone on the field, it looked like he had no idea where he was. First, he kept running, like he thought it was a race. Then, he thought that maybe he should try and tackle the guy with the ball. But then, he noticed a Giants player was thinking about blocking him... and then he ran away. And in no point in his afterburning dead-on, uber-confused sprint did he ever approach anything that looked like a football move or tackle, and at no point in his legs-on-fire-not-sure-where-to-go tirade did he get within 5 yards of the ball.All in all, it's funny. He may be fast, but... boy.. that's hilarious
:goodposting: Sadly, I have to agree. :wub:
Look on the bright side, he didn't get hurt.

I don't care about him not making a football move, that was insanely fast. I actually watched it like 10 times in amazement. :towelwave:
I don't know. I think he just looked really goofy running like that - high-stepping and really pumping his arms, like a cartoon character.Corey Webster (#23 for the Giants) is keeping up with him, but looks "normal" while running.

LOL. That's pretty great. The best part is that he doesn't even take an angle to make the tackle. He just runs straight like it's a race to the end zone.
That is funny.So, who would you rather have, DHB with great speed and no apparent football instincts in the 1st round or Johnny Knox who might be just as fast, can actually catch and has football instincts, and was a 5th round pick?

I admit it is funny. But you guys are really piling on a rookie WIDE RECEIVER in his 5th game for his tackling technique (or lack thereof)? It looked to me like he was trying to "contain" him so he could get his teammate involved in the tackle. Obviously, it didn't work, but the guy busted his hump trying to get to the play. I'd prefer that to him throwing his hands in the air and not making the effort at all.

Still think he's going to be a stud, it may take 5 years(hell, it will take 4-5 years) and he may need to find a new team for it to happen, but I'm 99.9% sure this guy is a pro-bowler at some point. Time will tell, bump in 5 years!

Re: Knox v DHB, it's a pretty fair comparison, I think most GM's now realize Knox should have been a day 1 pick. I'd still take DHB over the long haul, as I don't see Knox's body holding up without the aid of, ummm, vitamins.

It looked to me like he was trying to "contain" him so he could get his teammate involved in the tackle.
It seems to me like the "safer" play would have been to angle towards the guy and try to push him toward the sideline. No tackle necessary.He seemed to think that getting in front of the guy by about 5 yards would give him a better chance of a tackle - which is not true at all, and actually would have increased his chances of hurting himself had he attempted the tackle.Some guys have better instincts than others. Some have to be taught everything. Regardless, it is still funny to watch.

No kidding... I was wondering the same thing.With that speed, he could have de-cleted the guy back at the 50 if he wanted to...

I admit it is funny. But you guys are really piling on a rookie WIDE RECEIVER in his 5th game for his tackling technique (or lack thereof)? It looked to me like he was trying to "contain" him so he could get his teammate involved in the tackle. Obviously, it didn't work, but the guy busted his hump trying to get to the play. I'd prefer that to him throwing his hands in the air and not making the effort at all.
Hey! Don't go talkin' any sense 'round here! :confused: :coffee:

I don't care about him not making a football move, that was insanely fast. I actually watched it like 10 times in amazement. :shrug:
DHB joins a long list of Raiders superstars with lightning like speed.James JettAlexander WrightWillie Gault.Who'd I miss?He may end up worse than all of those bums.

I don't care about him not making a football move, that was insanely fast. I actually watched it like 10 times in amazement. :hey:
I don't know. I think he just looked really goofy running like that - high-stepping and really pumping his arms, like a cartoon character.Corey Webster (#23 for the Giants) is keeping up with him, but looks "normal" while running.
If by keeping up with him, you actually mean losing ground at a rapid pace, then yes, you're correct.

The more I watch this the funnier it gets. I don't understand the logic in not just cutting in on him at the 40. It's lot like there was anyone between him and the ballcarrier at that point.

The more I watch this the funnier it gets. I don't understand the logic in not just cutting in on him at the 40. It's lot like there was anyone between him and the ballcarrier at that point.
You are right. This video is hilarious. Dude was running like it was a 40 yard dash. He passes the guy without taking any angle whatsoever? :thumbdown:

The guy has probably never tackled anyone in his life.

If a play can sum up the Raiders season thus far and how clueless the direction of that team looks to be heading this is it.

This thread really gave me a good laugh. It actually looked like he was racing him and then the light came on like oh crap I am not supposed to allow this guy to score, but by then it was to late.

That clip reminded me of U. Bolt blowing people away at the Olympics last year. Seemed like he was trying to force the cut back so that his teammate could make the tackle more than tackle him on his own. Not sure what the point of that was. Just make the freaking tackle if you can run a guy down that easily!

Users who are viewing this thread