What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did the Team with Odell Beckham Win Your League? (1 Viewer)

Did the team with Odell Beckham win your league?

• Yes

Votes: 109 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 122 52.8%

• Total voters
In our league the Beckham owner was 0-5 pre-Beckham, finished 6-7 with last playoff spot. Beat the #3, then the #1, and is 1/2 point away from knocking off the #2 for the championship. Would be the most improbable championship run and is due 80% or more to the presence of Beckham.

In our league the Beckham owner was 0-5 pre-Beckham, finished 6-7 with last playoff spot. Beat the #3, then the #1, and is 1/2 point away from knocking off the #2 for the championship. Would be the most improbable championship run and is due 80% or more to the presence of Beckham.
Great story. Was this a waivers or free agent auction? Or did he actually draft him?

I won my main league after 17 years thanks to OBJ, and also my family league for the first time.

So yes.

The OBJ owner in my main league missed the playoffs, but he won the toilet bowl for #1 pick next year.

OBJ was a WW acquisition in all my redrafts, unfortunately I only got him in one.

I took home the championship in the 1 league I have OBJ.

in my main league I took peterson with the first pick and had absolute #### for receivers, so started 1-3, but went 7-3 once beckham started playing, including winning the last 4 to head off a stampede for the 4th playoff spot.

the rest was easy.......

In one of my dynasty leagues the team that owns him missed the playoffs.

In my other dynasty owner was the 3 seed, but lost in the 1st round of playoffs.

Good question, since this guy was my nemesis today. I'm in 8 leagues and I'm pretty sure he impacted all of them. Let's see:

1. Big money ppr: I'm beating ODB owner in final by 15 but he has CJ anderson left. Thanks, Luck and Olsen.

2. Big money .5 ppr: ODB owner was top seed going into playoffs. Finished third today. I about have the championship locked up against the team who took down the ODB owner last week. :pickle:

3. PPR league with friends: ODB owner beat me by 8 in the championship today. Owner's team was 6-7 going into playoffs and got in as the sixth seed.

4. Non-ppr with friends: ODB owner currently vying for third place. I am in a dogfight in championship.

5. Non-ppr work league: Owner missed playoffs.

6. Non-ppr other work league: Owner on pace to win championship as the fourth seed. Knocked me out by 4 points last week.

7. PPR Family league: Owner beat me in the championship today despite me leading entire league in total points by 400. Thanks again, Luck.

8. Competitive non-ppr, non-playoff league. Owner currently in third after winning five in a row. I'm in second after losing to Beckham owner by .5 last week. Beckham owner can win entire league if he wins next week against the current 1st place team and I lose.

So yeah, Beckham almost single-handedly cost me 5 championships. :hot:

I won 2 Super Bowls because of him today. Beckham owner in my 3rd league took 3rd, but won total points.

#### are we in the same league

I had him in 3 of 4 leagues and won 2 of the 3 i had him in. He was drafted in both the one I picked him off the ww I missed the playoffs by tiebreaker but would have won the championship.

4 leagues: 2 "yes", 2 "no"

1 no, the Beckham owner is playing for 3rd. The other no, the Beckham owner finished middle of the pack.

Brought me to a championship after a 2-4 start but i lost cuz the rest of my team (brees, charles, graham) #### the bed.

My other league the beckham owner won it all.

You should edit the poll, most of us are in multiple leagues.

I'm in two Super Bowls this week, one (redraft) doesn't have ODB, the other he plays for the likely loser (me)

Conference round this week in one league - ODB isn't on any of the final 4

Looks like he'll be on the winner in two of my leagues.

Sanders will be on more Championship teams in my leagues.

On the verge. . . . . . . . the owner picked him up off waivers. Of course, it didn't hurt that he also had Luck, Hilton and ESanders on his roster!!

Good question, since this guy was my nemesis today. I'm in 8 leagues and I'm pretty sure he impacted all of them. Let's see:

1. Big money ppr: I'm beating ODB owner in final by 15 but he has CJ anderson left. Thanks, Luck and Olsen.

2. Big money .5 ppr: ODB owner was top seed going into playoffs. Finished third today. I about have the championship locked up against the team who took down the ODB owner last week. :pickle:

3. PPR league with friends: ODB owner beat me by 8 in the championship today. Owner's team was 6-7 going into playoffs and got in as the sixth seed.

4. Non-ppr with friends: ODB owner currently vying for third place. I am in a dogfight in championship.

5. Non-ppr work league: Owner missed playoffs.

6. Non-ppr other work league: Owner on pace to win championship as the fourth seed. Knocked me out by 4 points last week.

7. PPR Family league: Owner beat me in the championship today despite me leading entire league in total points by 400. Thanks again, Luck.

8. Competitive non-ppr, non-playoff league. Owner currently in third after winning five in a row. I'm in second after losing to Beckham owner by .5 last week. Beckham owner can win entire league if he wins next week against the current 1st place team and I lose.

So yeah, Beckham almost single-handedly cost me 5 championships. :hot:
You must play in some really crappy leagues if you are in every championship game. Seriously, that doesn't even sound fun.

League 1 - yes

League 2 - yes

League 3 - TBD, but looking like yes.

League 4 - yes

Last edited by a moderator:
TBD but at this point it is slightly likely. Unfortunately, most of my team laid eggs at the worst time -Rodgers, Forsett, Herron, Dwayne Allen/Martelluss, Baltimore D

Only reason I'm in the game is because OBJ and Lamar Miller.

League 1 - Lost in finals (to me), due to Brees, Forsett, Bennett, and Murray.

League 2 - Lost in finals (to top regular season scorer), due to Charles, Reed, Fitzgerald.

League 3 - Lost in 2nd rd of playoffs due to Charles, Jennings,Jordy

League 4 - Missed playoffs, due to me drafting terribly.

Great story. Was this a waivers or free agent auction? Or did he actually draft him?
Waivers - reverse order of standings - so the upper tier teams were hosed when he went week 5. He is a one man wrecking crew.

Made a trade of Julian Edelman and Travis Kelce for OBJ and Tre Mason prior to either one of OBJ or Mason having a huge game.

I won the championship after an abyssmal start and had the worst winning record of all the playoff teams at 7-6.

1 of 3 so far.

I can win another one tonight without him. I had to bench him in favor of Antonio, Jordy and Calvin. I started him the week before, but I should have stuck with my instincts and started him again this week. Hopefully it doesn't cost me.

We do a 2 week championship and despite having a dud day from Luck the Odell owner has a decent sized lead but could be overcome.

I had him and I should've. He was the only player who showed up in week 15 and nearly pulled out the win for my team by himself. I crushed the third place game and everyone noted I should have taken the league, especially with picking him up playing a key role.

I have ODB, but Josh McCown (Cutler owner)/Travis Kelce/Cody Parkey were too much to overcome, especially since my opponent started Wilson & Lamar Miller amongst others.

Nope. I have OBJ and I would be winning the championship currently, but I lost a couple games early in the season and thus didn't make the playoffs because I needed another game to fall my way that didn't. Because he benched Megatron. Still pissed.

12 team keeper, OBJ owner finished 2nd. Drafted him and held on all year.

12 team redraft - OBJ owner not in playoffs. I made the HUGE mistake of noticing that OBJ was on the wire after Week 6, and thinking that I could wait one more day to pick him up as I was hit hard by byes and injuries and didn't really have the room (so I thought). I needed one more day to roll so I could drop a player I had to play that day...now I wish I'd dropped any of a dozen guys for him. I'm in the championship game in that league anyway, in a dogfight coming down to the DEN/CIN game...OBJ sure would have been a nice flex though

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread