What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dion Lewis - Signed by Colts (1 Viewer)

replacements

Footballguy
Here is a signing that seems interesting. Lewis looked very good last preseason before his injury. He also looked good this preseason as well. Although I thought last year was better. Regardless, the Colts running game needs a boost. In most dynasty formats the hot week 1 waiver pickups are already rostered. I think he is some one to atleast keep an eye on. I don't foresee any major impact right away, however he may have some opportunity once he learns the system. Worth a stash if rosters are deep enough. And yes I know that the offensive line could use some work, but if Richardson can't get things moving, someone needs to run the ball. Bradshaw may be that guy. I think that bringing in leshoure to look at and signing of Lewis indicates somewhat how the coaches feel about Herron,and the running game in general. They seem to be searching for their guy IMHO.

Has my attention getting the two year contract. Lewis looked fantastic pre-injury in Cleveland and we know two things:

1) Trent sucks;

2) Bradshaw is ultra fragile

What we don't know is how good Herron is vs. Lewis, but my guess is Lewis is better.

Guy was electric in Philly a few years back during preseason. We just had Westbrook and Shady here so no room for him.

Has my attention getting the two year contract. Lewis looked fantastic pre-injury in Cleveland and we know two things:

1) Trent sucks;

2) Bradshaw is ultra fragile

What we don't know is how good Herron is vs. Lewis, but my guess is Lewis is better.
Hold on a minute. The next game will the first time he suits up for the Colts, that he finally understands the playbook, and is fully integrated into the offense, that isn't also against an elite opposing offense that forces the Colts to play catch-up, thus neutralizing his effectiveness as a ball control RB and all but mandates they play their third down back the whole game!

Oh, they play Philly?

####. Well, week three may have finally been his breakout game against JAX. :hot:

Screw it. I'm adding Lewis.

Lewis is a scat/COP back.
Can you expand? Do you see this as a bad thing? There a few guys that have played that role and put up successful fantasy seasons. Sproles and Woodhead come to mind.

Or are you saying it is a good thing? An offense driven by Luck, with lots of weapons that can open up the field and the fact Indy really doesn't have a scat back, so he could producer sooner rather than later.

Can you expand? Do you see this as a bad thing? There a few guys that have played that role and put up successful fantasy seasons. Sproles and Woodhead come to mind. Or are you saying it is a good thing? An offense driven by Luck, with lots of weapons that can open up the field and the fact Indy really doesn't have a scat back, so he could producer sooner rather than later.
I definitely don't see it as bad. I feel like a lot of folks may be hoping he is potentially "the guy" in the Colts backfield because: a) "trent sucks", b) Bradshaw will break, and c) Herron is unknown. I think having an outlook for Lewis as more than a COP is a pipe dream due to his size and fragility.

If you are looking for a Lance Dunbar type impact, okay. Shane Vereen? Very low chance IMO.

Better choice than Leshoure, signed the guy who dropped Leshoure in 3 leagues last week.

Good news for Herron owners, should still be next in line after Bradshaw's foot falls off.

Can you expand? Do you see this as a bad thing? There a few guys that have played that role and put up successful fantasy seasons. Sproles and Woodhead come to mind.Or are you saying it is a good thing? An offense driven by Luck, with lots of weapons that can open up the field and the fact Indy really doesn't have a scat back, so he could producer sooner rather than later.
I definitely don't see it as bad. I feel like a lot of folks may be hoping he is potentially "the guy" in the Colts backfield because: a) "trent sucks", b) Bradshaw will break, and c) Herron is unknown. I think having an outlook for Lewis as more than a COP is a pipe dream due to his size and fragility.

If you are looking for a Lance Dunbar type impact, okay. Shane Vereen? Very low chance IMO.
You may very well be correct. His size is a concern. He may not be able to withstand the punishment of a 3 down back. I'm also not sure about his pass protection either. I think that he runs tough, not always going to the ground with arm tackles. What I saw that I like about him was that he seemed to have above average vision and good burst through the hole. He also kept his speed up through change of direction. He has enough moves in space to get by the 2nd level. He also showed good hands and route running seemed good as well. I did not watch him in college and his pro carries, even with preseason were limited. But he passed the eyeball test for me in limited action. I would like to see more of him to see if he has what it takes. If he does, there isn't much standing in his way in Indy. I think it will tougher to get past the egos of the guys that pulled the trigger on the Richardson trade than Richardson himself.

He's had some nice moments, but overall he doesn't impress me. I'm more intrigued by Herron and Tipton.
Tipton was waived. Herron still has some potential though.
That's a shame, Tipton was one of my deep sleepers coming out of college this year, I liked what I saw from him when I watched him play. Herron is likely my target as a stash that could pay off later.
Here's the thing though... why sign Lewis if they're high on Herron as the 3 and instead keep the dirt cheap, cost-controlled for four years Tipton?

I have him rostered - curious to see if he's active Sunday, and if so what role they have for him.

I still don't fully believe they either 1) have Herron returning KOs, or 2) go sign Lewis to a 2-year deal if they really believed Herron was the answer behind Bradshaw and Trent. They know they're likely to need that third guy to play at some point this year. Lewis was set to have a huge role in Cleveland with Trent before he got hurt -- in that COP role. Technically, Bradshaw is playing the COP role right now, and I don't think it's very debatable that he's sustained a lot of injuries the past several years (a chronic foot problem and a neck injury last year). As to Lewis vs. Herron… fairly similar guys. Lewis is short, but he's stout. He's quicker than Herron and a bit more shifty.

Herron's Combine:

5'10" - 213 lbs

30.6 BMI

Bench - 22 Reps

40 - 4.66

Vertical - 35"

Broad - 117"

3-Cone - 6.97

Short Shuttle - 4.04

60 yd Shuttle - 11.6

Lewis' Combine:

5'7" - 193 lbs

30.2 BMI

Bench - 17 Reps

40 - 4.57

Vertical - 34.5"

Broad - 112"

3-Cone - 6.90

Short Shuttle - 4.18

60 yd Shuttle - 11.39

Moved TRich this week. Im officially off the making excuses bandwagon. If he flashes it was too late. Hope he busts now.

Well, that was short lived. Colts waived him today to add a DT from NE practice squad. I guess Richardson getting close to 4ypc this week along with Bradshaw looking good and not needing any type of therapy afterwards was enough to bolster the Colts confidence. At least he didn't tie up a roster spot for too long.

Well, that was short lived. Colts waived him today to add a DT from NE practice squad. I guess Richardson getting close to 4ypc this week along with Bradshaw looking good and not needing any type of therapy afterwards was enough to bolster the Colts confidence. At least he didn't tie up a roster spot for too long.
Well, those points coupled with the existence of Boom Herron.

Users who are viewing this thread