What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (1 Viewer)

Anyone have any creative autograph ideas? We've done the picture mat and autograph books - the kids are wanting to do autographs again so I'm hoping to make it a little more unique this time.

So far, all I've got is:

[*]White or light-colored t-shirt

[*]Pillowcase

[*]Hat

[*]Disney character book that is large enough for them to sign their own picture

I kind of like the last idea as it seem to be the one that would last the longest but I'm open for suggestions if you guys have any.
we basically did the last option when we took our daughter down there for her 8th Birthday.Each page had a Picture of the character.. So when we got in line our daughter would open to "their" page.. Got lots of character interaction because of it, which made it even a better memory for our daughter.

I remember Tigger "bouncing" up and down around her and Pooh as he pointed to his Picture..

Chip & Dale "fought" over who's picture was better.., etc..

The crowd enjoyed the antics as well. :thumbup:
Very cool. I'm definitely leaning this way - I think it will be easier for the characters to sign and for the oddball stuff like Lightning McQueen where it's a stamp it will work too. I have 4 so I'm trying to make it something that won't take up too much time in the lines. Hopefully we'll get most of it out of the way at our character meals but I know my youngest daughter and my neice (both 5) are going to go nuts and want to meet as many characters as possible.Snogger - how old is your daughter now? Any Disney trips planned this year? I've enjoyed reading your trip reports over the years.
She is 14 now.. we thought of going back one more time for her 14th birthday but decided to go to Glacier National.park this summer instead.

Any suggestions for Disney Resorts for a family of five? I noticed that they jack the prices up if you have three kids vs two :angry:

I really dont see why the cost of a room at Disney All star Resort is $142/nt with two adults + two kids but, if I add my three year old to the mix the price skyrockets to $362/nt. :confused:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Booked here vacationupgrades.com and just did a second stay, this time for 8 nights with a family of 5. On Disney property, just not a Disney hotel. We love all the space of a 2 bedroom at a fraction of the Disney cost.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: At Bonnet Creek right now, and I also booked through vacationupgrades.com, though there are a number of places that rent out the condos, so check around for the best deal.Can't say enough about the price, accommodations, resort, and location.

Lots of great information here: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
talk to me about transportation...does this place offer shuttles to all the parks? how far is it to magic kingdom from there? my wife is 100% for staying at a disney world location, and she says transportation is the main reason.
It does offer a shuttle, however they just recently made it a pay per ride. Are we talking she wants to be on the monorail or utilize the bus system? WBC is within Disney gates, look up this address on Google Maps: Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, 9560 Encinas Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, FL and you will see it is next to Caribbean Beach Resort. Magic Kingdom is a 12-15 minute ride by car, Hollywood Studios a couple minutes and EPCOT 10 minutes in the car. We are rental car people, I'm not waiting for a Bus and can't afford the Contemporary.
looks like a deal-breaker i guess. i've been to disney once (with her and our daughter a couple years ago), she's been like 15 times, so i have to defer to her expertise. she says that driving/parking/walking from parking lot to the park/etc. is a real pain in the butt. she would rather wait on the bus for a few minutes...
Sure thing, pros and cons with each mode of transportation. We like it here because the kids are getting their own room which means we have our own room. :excited: Plus full kitchen and nice balcony area. Lots of space for cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any suggestions for Disney Resorts for a family of five? I noticed that they jack the prices up if you have three kids vs two :angry:

I really dont see why the cost of a room at Disney All star Resort is $142/nt with two adults + two kids but, if I add my three year old to the mix the price skyrockets to $362/nt. :confused:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Booked here vacationupgrades.com and just did a second stay, this time for 8 nights with a family of 5. On Disney property, just not a Disney hotel. We love all the space of a 2 bedroom at a fraction of the Disney cost.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: At Bonnet Creek right now, and I also booked through vacationupgrades.com, though there are a number of places that rent out the condos, so check around for the best deal.Can't say enough about the price, accommodations, resort, and location.

Lots of great information here: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
talk to me about transportation...does this place offer shuttles to all the parks? how far is it to magic kingdom from there? my wife is 100% for staying at a disney world location, and she says transportation is the main reason.
It does offer a shuttle, however they just recently made it a pay per ride. Are we talking she wants to be on the monorail or utilize the bus system? WBC is within Disney gates, look up this address on Google Maps: Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, 9560 Encinas Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, FL and you will see it is next to Caribbean Beach Resort. Magic Kingdom is a 12-15 minute ride by car, Hollywood Studios a couple minutes and EPCOT 10 minutes in the car. We are rental car people, I'm not waiting for a Bus and can't afford the Contemporary.
looks like a deal-breaker i guess. i've been to disney once (with her and our daughter a couple years ago), she's been like 15 times, so i have to defer to her expertise. she says that driving/parking/walking from parking lot to the park/etc. is a real pain in the butt. she would rather wait on the bus for a few minutes...
Sure thing, pros and cons with each mode of transportation. We like it here because the kids are getting their own room which means we have our own room. :excited: Plus full kitchen and nice balcony area. Lots of space for cheap.
yeah this option looks much better to me, but i doubt it will be my call on this...

Ate at the animal kingdom restaurant on Sunday and it was a pretty significant waste of money. The food was solid if you like Indian cuisine but way too pricey. The angle of having animals in the distance is pretty pointless once you've already looked at them from the outside while waiting to be seated. I couldn't imagine paying any type of premium for having a room that faces the animals. Once you see a few giraffes and zebras the moment is pretty much over.

If you go to Sea World which was pretty solid, get one adult all day meal pass for 32.99 and feed the whole family with it throughout the day. There was one time where the pizza place there had no line and I just went through the line multiple times to get all the pizzas we needed. Fyi, I'm not a ride guy so when the fam was waiting for a ride, I would just load up on food.

This is the busiest week of the year and some of these people should be committed. We fast passed most stuff as we had 6 tickets but only 3 of us really cared about going on rides so we were able to stack up the fast passes really nicely. Some of these rides have 3 hour wait time. That's just insane. One of the few rides I went on was the hang gliding ride at Epcot and a few folks asked me how long the fast pass line took. I was 10 minutes and they said they'd been waiting for 3 hours. All that for a pretty uneventful 5 minute imax like flying ride.

Magic kingdom could have some of the worst food value I've ever experienced at a theme park. Stuff is pretty disgusting with a ridiculous price point. McDonalds is almost half the price and twice the quality. If I ever go back, I'd stay at the same place we did offsite and eat breakfast there, but instead of buying the garbage they serve at MK, I'd bring some sandwiches for lunch, leave at like 5 or 6, either eat at the pad or in a restaurant and then head back to MK at around 8.

Magic kingdom could have some of the worst food value I've ever experienced at a theme park. Stuff is pretty disgusting with a ridiculous price point. McDonalds is almost half the price and twice the quality. If I ever go back, I'd stay at the same place we did offsite and eat breakfast there, but instead of buying the garbage they serve at MK, I'd bring some sandwiches for lunch, leave at like 5 or 6, either eat at the pad or in a restaurant and then head back to MK at around 8.
I think they realized this and that is why they made Belles castle. The food there is awesome. I also enjoyed the food at Cinderellas castle and crystal palace. But, if you eat at any of the fast food places like Rays or the place by its a small world, it isnt great. Most times I grab a turkey leg in frontier land as my quick service for that day

If you go to Sea World which was pretty solid, get one adult all day meal pass for 32.99 and feed the whole family with it throughout the day. There was one time where the pizza place there had no line and I just went through the line multiple times to get all the pizzas we needed. Fyi, I'm not a ride guy so when the fam was waiting for a ride, I would just load up on food.
To each his own but I would never do this to save a buck. It is like going to a buffet and only paying for one dinner but feeding your entire family.

Sweets at Magic Kingdom are generally amazing. But yea, you can't really find a great meal there unless you book ahead for the beast castle.

Finally getting to try that in two weeks. :thumbup:

I think they realized this and that is why they made Belles castle. The food there is awesome. I also enjoyed the food at Cinderellas castle and crystal palace. But, if you eat at any of the fast food places like Rays or the place by its a small world, it isnt great. Most times I grab a turkey leg in frontier land as my quick service for that day
My favorite MK dining routine is a Main St Bakery cinnamon roll for breakfast, Liberty Tree pot roast for lunch (reservations required), an Aloha Isle Dole Whip for an afternoon snack, Ray's rotisserie chicken for dinner, and a hot dog from Casey's while watching the fireworks.

To each his own but I would never do this to save a buck. It is like going to a buffet and only paying for one dinner but feeding your entire family.
You have the name of a place that allows that the next time I'm in the burgh? Maybe Hoss's

I'm the guy that drove from NJ b/c I didn't want to drop 2k in airfare. No way I'm dropping the change for the castle meals. The turkey leg is pretty dynamite.

You have the name of a place that allows that the next time I'm in the burgh? Maybe Hoss's
Nope I hate buffets but I am guessing that Sea World's adult day meal pass is intended for a single adult and not the whole family.

Heading down next week and I have two breakfast reservations at characters meals in the parks (Tusker House @ AK and Hollywood & Vine @ HS). My question is how do they handle early entrants with respect to the rope drop. Will I have to go join the masses to then head to get FPs for everyone or will I be able to use the early entrance to my advantage by getting to go to attractions before the rope drop?

Also, as previously mentioned, I'm getting the family annual passes when we head down this Friday. I just found out today that we will get to make use of the new "touch and enter" technology - MyMagic+ when we get our pass. We will be getting new cards to use to enter the parks - they can't be used to make purchases but can be used with the FP+ and FP systems (if I understand it correctly, sounds like FP+ might not be available just yet).

More details here from Disney - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

and here from Inside the Magic - http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/03/walt-disney-world-begins-mymagic-upgrade-for-annual-passholders-with-hard-plastic-cards-rfid-and-magicband-preview/

Sounds like we should get the new MagicBands this summer in the mail.

Also, as previously mentioned, I'm getting the family annual passes when we head down this Friday. I just found out today that we will get to make use of the new "touch and enter" technology - MyMagic+ when we get our pass. We will be getting new cards to use to enter the parks - they can't be used to make purchases but can be used with the FP+ and FP systems (if I understand it correctly, sounds like FP+ might not be available just yet).

More details here from Disney - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

and here from Inside the Magic - http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/03/walt-disney-world-begins-mymagic-upgrade-for-annual-passholders-with-hard-plastic-cards-rfid-and-magicband-preview/

has anyone heard if this will be available to only people who stay on site? That would be a huge disadvantage for people who don't. Interested to know how it works (smoothness). Keep us updated

has anyone heard if this will be available to only people who stay on site? That would be a huge disadvantage for people who don't. Interested to know how it works (smoothness). Keep us updated
I'm 99% certain it's not just for those staying on-site as we will be staying off property and everything I've read said that all annual pass holders will get them. I'll post an update after we get back to let everyone know how it goes.

Found this:

"MagicBands will be free / included for guests staying in Walt Disney World hotels, annual pass holders, and anyone who purchases a photography package. All other guests can purchase a MagicBand if they choose, but can otherwise still take part in My Disney Experience, including FastPass+, touch-to-enter, and touch-to-pay, via RFID-embedded park tickets."

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/01/walt-disney-world-announces-mymagic-with-magicband-adding-nextgen-access-to-theme-parks-fastpass-and-interactivity/

I'm 99% certain it's not just for those staying on-site as we will be staying off property and everything I've read said that all annual pass holders will get them. I'll post an update after we get back to let everyone know how it goes.
I saw them use this and was upset I was not able to use this. I was staying on grounds and had an annual pass. However, since my park entrance ticket was not my room key I was not able to "touch and enter". Seems like enough people complained.

Heading down next week and I have two breakfast reservations at characters meals in the parks (Tusker House @ AK and Hollywood & Vine @ HS). My question is how do they handle early entrants with respect to the rope drop. Will I have to go join the masses to then head to get FPs for everyone or will I be able to use the early entrance to my advantage by getting to go to attractions before the rope drop?
Bump for the day crowd. Hoping I can walk over to the FP areas before the crowds

My favorite MK dining routine is a Main St Bakery cinnamon roll for breakfast, Liberty Tree pot roast for lunch (reservations required), an Aloha Isle Dole Whip for an afternoon snack, Ray's rotisserie chicken for dinner, and a hot dog from Casey's while watching the fireworks.
The hot dogs at Casey's seem to be the best value in the MK...and they are tasty.

Bump for the day crowd. Hoping I can walk over to the FP areas before the crowds
I don't believe you'll be able to. Even if you are "ahead" of the rope drop rubes, I don't believe they will allow you to use the FP machines unitl opening.

I don't believe you'll be able to. Even if you are "ahead" of the rope drop rubes, I don't believe they will allow you to use the FP machines unitl opening.
Right, sorry for the confusion - I didn't think I could use the FP before opening but even if I can walk over to TS and be ahead of the crowd it would be nice.

Ate at Be Our Guest last night. Beautiful place. Had the steak which was delicious. Nice charcoal flavor. We split the sausage plate app and she had the shrimp and scallop entree.

Her dish and the fries were suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper salty. If you ever go, you may want to tell them to go easy on the salt.

Very cool atmosphere, especially if you are into the movie like my fiancée is. She was over the moon for it all. It is a very beautiful place.

Cupcakes for dessert were fine but nothing amazing. You can't walk 10 feet in that park without hitting a delicious sweet though, so no big deal.

All in all it was a fun experience.

I've been following the NextGen/My Magic+/Fastpass+ stuff for a while on other boards, and frankly is a F####ing mess. THey have spent a $1B on it so far, No one really knows when it will be in effect or how it will be rolled out, wether or not they are limiting FP+'s, no park hopping, and Disney has yet to come out with an offical announcemnt other then stating it will be 'soon.'

The speculation from the Disney nut crowd is all over the place.

Our trip is mid-summer an I hope like hell they do not roll it out then as a few are expecting. Its way too crowded of a time to be trying something official. I know they are 'testing' it now in valious stages, but the reports I see seem to state that it is not anywhere ready or overall clear. Likewise, it is supposed to work in conjunxtion with the new Disney web site and My Disney Experience app and they are both a hot mess with people loosing hotel and dining reservations already in the system.

I do like the overall idea, the bands, the near-field communication, etc. But I think Disney is putting too much in the hands of 'planners' and really taknig away from the spontanious nature of vacationing. I also understand there is a HUGE marketing and guest tracking internally opportunity with these and thats why Disney is pushing it through and spending so much $$ on it.

Headed down next week, been trying to keep tabs on this thread the last few months. we got 4 day hoppers, sorted out our big meal reservations immediately.

M - Princess Breakfast at the castle

T - Ohana (100% thanks to this thread :thumbup: )

W - off day

Th - Be Our Guest

F - Le Cellier

Here's my dilemma. We're not staying on site, and unfortunately most of our reservations ran smack into extra magic hour days (live and learn), so we want to strategically hop into or out of parks around the meal reservations.

M - hop from MK to Epcot after breakfast

T - MK day, Ohana dinner, back to MK

Th - HS day, hop to MK dinner/night

F - AK day, hop to Epcot dinner/night

1). There are a number of crowd calendar sites out there. Are any considered more reliable than others?

2). I've never hopped parks before - how much time does it take between parks? What parks can you use transportation besides a bus? Thinking mostly of AK and HS here since you have to monorails for MK and Epcot

3). I've read you can watch MK fireworks from the Polynesian. What are some cool things to see or do there, since if we decide to stay at Poly after Ohana there'd be 2.5 hours to kill until the fireworks? Or would it make more sense to just go back to MK?

4). Can Hollywood Studios realistically be knocked out by 4 PM-ish, assuming we arrive at rope drop? Thats the only park of the four ive never been to. There will be two young kids in our group (2 and 4) so they won't be doing some of the bigger attractions (R&R, Tower of Terror, Star Tours etc). Hopefully us older folks will still get to do some.

Got back last night from our trip - we had a fantastic week but I'm still exhausted. Will post multiple updates tomorrow when I'm in the office.

Headed down next week, been trying to keep tabs on this thread the last few months. we got 4 day hoppers, sorted out our big meal reservations immediately.

M - Princess Breakfast at the castle

T - Ohana (100% thanks to this thread :thumbup: )

W - off day

Th - Be Our Guest

F - Le Cellier

Here's my dilemma. We're not staying on site, and unfortunately most of our reservations ran smack into extra magic hour days (live and learn), so we want to strategically hop into or out of parks around the meal reservations.

M - hop from MK to Epcot after breakfast

T - MK day, Ohana dinner, back to MK

Th - HS day, hop to MK dinner/night

F - AK day, hop to Epcot dinner/night

1). There are a number of crowd calendar sites out there. Are any considered more reliable than others?

2). I've never hopped parks before - how much time does it take between parks? What parks can you use transportation besides a bus? Thinking mostly of AK and HS here since you have to monorails for MK and Epcot

3). I've read you can watch MK fireworks from the Polynesian. What are some cool things to see or do there, since if we decide to stay at Poly after Ohana there'd be 2.5 hours to kill until the fireworks? Or would it make more sense to just go back to MK?

4). Can Hollywood Studios realistically be knocked out by 4 PM-ish, assuming we arrive at rope drop? Thats the only park of the four ive never been to. There will be two young kids in our group (2 and 4) so they won't be doing some of the bigger attractions (R&R, Tower of Terror, Star Tours etc). Hopefully us older folks will still get to do some.
1. I use http://www.easywdw.com/. Not sure if it is better than the others but I find it pretty good.

2. Commute time from park to park is about 15 minutes but you must also factor in the time it takes for you to walk (or take a tram) to and from your car to the front gate and vice verse. If you are using Disney buses you get dropped off at the front of the park but you have to factor in the time to wait for the bus. If you catch the bus just as it is leaving then it is pretty fast -- if you just missed the bus and have to wait for another then you'll tack on an additional 15-20 minutes to the commute.

3. The Polynesian is an awesome resort but I don't think I would wait for 2.5 hours there just to see the fireworks. If you do decide to stay at the Poly then you can rent bikes or boat(s) to kill some time. For older kids and adults the little speed boats are fun to drive around the lagoon.

4. Yes, you can do DHS by 4:00 PM if you get there at rope drop although you will miss the Fantasmic! shows. I highly recommend the Sci Fi Dine In Cafe for burgers/shakes for lunch.

Ted> If you pack swimsuits for the kids you can hang on the beach or swim while you wait for the fireworks. When I stayed there, no one asked to make sure that we were actually staying there

Won my fantasy baseball and football leagues last year so taking the family to Disneyworld in 2 weeks, Staying in the Polynesian Club Room. Excited to try the new Be Our Guest restaurant along with my ol favorite O'Hanas.

Fast track was closed last time so looking forward to seeing the new version.

Taking the Magical Express from aitport for the 1st time - hoping it goes well.

Taking kids out of school instead of spring break so hope its not too crowded.

Ted> If you pack swimsuits for the kids you can hang on the beach or swim while you wait for the fireworks. When I stayed there, no one asked to make sure that we were actually staying there
While you may get away with this it definitely not permitted. People pay a premium to stay in Disney Deluxe resort. Crashing the pool, especially when you are staying offsite, is :thumbdown:

Godsbrother said:
AcerFC said:
While you may get away with this it definitely not permitted. People pay a premium to stay in Disney Deluxe resort. Crashing the pool, especially when you are staying offsite, is :thumbdown:
Done this multiple times. Especially on summer days. Go to the park during the day, then the pool to cool off, and then back. I've probably given Disney $15000 the past year and a half. Likely even more. They can kiss my ### if they don't like it.

I watched the fireworks from the beach at the Grand Floridian. I also watched the fireworks on Main Street in the park. TBH, I think I would rather see the fireworks from inside the park. First, there is a parade down Main Street where the floats are lit up and it was really neat. Then, after the fireworks show, the park empties out. That is a great time to get in a few rides before the park officially closes.

Godsbrother said:
AcerFC said:
Done this multiple times. Especially on summer days. Go to the park during the day, then the pool to cool off, and then back.I've probably given Disney $15000 the past year and a half. Likely even more. They can kiss my ### if they don't like it.
Maybe they'll do wristband only access to the pools that identifies the resort. I wouldn't mind as a DVC member. My family isn't even allowed to pool hop on our Christmas visits. I think the sense of entitlement is a bit funny. I'm sure some DVC guests are dropping that in a week stay.

Godsbrother said:
AcerFC said:
Done this multiple times. Especially on summer days. Go to the park during the day, then the pool to cool off, and then back.I've probably given Disney $15000 the past year and a half. Likely even more. They can kiss my ### if they don't like it.
Maybe they'll do wristband only access to the pools that identifies the resort. I wouldn't mind as a DVC member. My family isn't even allowed to pool hop on our Christmas visits. I think the sense of entitlement is a bit funny. I'm sure some DVC guests are dropping that in a week stay.
That's cool. I hope they pool hop too. :thumbup:

I didnt mean to turn this into anything with my comments. Jus tthought I would give him an option. As someone who has spent the money to stay there, it wouldnt bother me much if he took his kids swimming for a bit but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

On a seperate note, I got an email yesterday saying they were redoing Downtown Disney and calling it Disney Springs

Disney Unveils Vision for Disney SpringsWalt Disney World Resort recently announced the multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs, which will offer significantly more shopping, dining and entertainment amid open-air promenades, meandering springs and waterfront charm.

Disney Springs will feature an eclectic and contemporary mix from Disney and other noteworthy brands. From boutique shops to unique flagship anchor stores, guests will be able to explore a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment experiences and discover options unlike any other currently available in Central Florida.

Drawing inspiration from Florida’s waterfront towns and natural beauty, Disney Springs will include four outdoor neighborhoods interconnected by a flowing spring and vibrant lakefront. In addition to a new gateway with a signature water tower and grand entry, the destination will feature:

• The Town Center, which offers a sophisticated mix of shopping and dining along with a promenade where guests can relax, refresh and reconnect.
  • A colorful and thriving commercial district called The Landing with inspired dining and beautiful waterfront views.
  • The family-friendly Marketplace that will continue to delight guests of all ages by combining new experiences, such as an over-the-water pedestrian causeway, along with classic Disney favorites, including an expanded World of Disney store.
  • A West Side that provides an exuberant atmosphere with lively entertainment, along with a series of new elevated spaces that provide both shade and an overlook to the activity below.
Construction is slated to begin in April with new areas opening in phases. Disney Springs is expected to be complete in 2016.

I didnt mean to turn this into anything with my comments. Jus tthought I would give him an option. As someone who has spent the money to stay there, it wouldnt bother me much if he took his kids swimming for a bit but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

On a seperate note, I got an email yesterday saying they were redoing Downtown Disney and calling it Disney Springs

Disney Unveils Vision for Disney SpringsWalt Disney World Resort recently announced the multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs, which will offer significantly more shopping, dining and entertainment amid open-air promenades, meandering springs and waterfront charm.

Disney Springs will feature an eclectic and contemporary mix from Disney and other noteworthy brands. From boutique shops to unique flagship anchor stores, guests will be able to explore a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment experiences and discover options unlike any other currently available in Central Florida.

Drawing inspiration from Florida’s waterfront towns and natural beauty, Disney Springs will include four outdoor neighborhoods interconnected by a flowing spring and vibrant lakefront. In addition to a new gateway with a signature water tower and grand entry, the destination will feature:

• The Town Center, which offers a sophisticated mix of shopping and dining along with a promenade where guests can relax, refresh and reconnect.
  • A colorful and thriving commercial district called The Landing with inspired dining and beautiful waterfront views.
  • The family-friendly Marketplace that will continue to delight guests of all ages by combining new experiences, such as an over-the-water pedestrian causeway, along with classic Disney favorites, including an expanded World of Disney store.
  • A West Side that provides an exuberant atmosphere with lively entertainment, along with a series of new elevated spaces that provide both shade and an overlook to the activity below.
Construction is slated to begin in April with new areas opening in phases. Disney Springs is expected to be complete in 2016.
A good friend of mine is a server at Planet Hollywood and says this is a massive undertaking. They're re-doing/re-branding almost everything - it's a multi-billion dollar project.

Godsbrother said:
You haven't "given" Disney a dime -- you've paid for food, services, entertainment, etc. You've also apparently taken services you haven't paid for. I guess anything is okay if you can get away with it but it isn't the kind of example I would set for my kids.

A good friend of mine is a server at Planet Hollywood and says this is a massive undertaking. They're re-doing/re-branding almost everything - it's a multi-billion dollar project.
Yes and long overdue. Apparently there will be a pedestrian bridge built connecting it to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort which is going to be awesome for DVC members.

Godsbrother said:
You haven't "given" Disney a dime -- you've paid for food, services, entertainment, etc. You've also apparently taken services you haven't paid for. I guess anything is okay if you can get away with it but it isn't the kind of example I would set for my kids.
I never asked what kind of example you would set for your kids. I couldn't care less what you do.

Godsbrother said:
I never asked what kind of example you would set for your kids. I couldn't care less what you do.
ok.

I use TouringPlans.com. Yes, it costs $10.00 for a 1 year subscription, but it is WELL worth it. You can create Personalized Touring Plans - you input the attractions you want to see then select "Optimize" and it will give you a plan that tells you in what order, and at what time to see each attraction. We took many Disney Vacations prior to using TouringPlans and thought we "knew" how to tour the parks. Now, that we have TouringPlans, we now, know we had no idea.The big advantage of TouringPlans is that it can tell you what time to get a FastPass, and will tell you that if you get a FastPass for that attraction at that time, what the return time on the FastPass it will be (Example: 4:42 get a FastPass for Space Mountain - Return Time: 8:40).We were originally skeptical of the plans (they have it down to the minute (takes you 7 minutes to walk from A to B, you will wait 9 minutes, the attraction lasts 11 minutes), but they are VERY accurate. Even if you are visiting during the "slow season" I would high recommend this service. With TouringPlans, we now think a "long" line is more than 20 minutes, we used to not consider skipping something unless it was 45 minutes or higher. If you plan to spend thousands on a Disney Vacation, the best $10 you will spend will be on a TouringPlans subscription and using the Personalize Touring Plans feature to its fullest.

Raining at the moment but its supposed to clear up. Gonna do some damage in world showcase today.

Users who are viewing this thread