What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disrespecting Donald Trump vs disrespecting the office of the Presidency (1 Viewer)

So apparently Don Jr was at UCLA yesterday, promoting his book, and he got booed off the stage. Per CNN, many of the protesters were far right wingers. That surprises me. But I’m sure plenty of left wing students joined in the booing because that’s what many of them do these days. 
No. It was a new faction of alt-right people. You’ll want to read the story behind it:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-donald-trump-jr-landed-smack-in-the-middle-of-a-right-wing-civil-war
Here's a better article on the subject.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/don-trump-jr-booed/601807/

Media bias chart is important if a left leaning poster posts a link.   But Trump supportive links by redstate and pj media and sometimes even Russian State media are applauded.
Applauded? Oh ok.  :rolleyes:  The last link I saw from pj media contained facts from Newsweek. You always say you want facts and when you don’t like them you attack the source. And how often has Russian State media been posted here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Applauded? Oh ok.  :rolleyes:  The last link I saw from pj media contained facts Newsweek. You always say you want facts and when you don’t like them you attack the source. And how often has Russian State media been posted here?
I love facts.  Not a big fan of fake news masquerading as facts.   “Facts” provided by Russian bots aren’t something I’d call reliable.

Have you read the Atlantic article posted by Maurile? Do you have any thoughts about the apparent conflict between Turning Point and conservative trolls seeking to disrupt conservative campus events? I think it’s a pretty disturbing development.
It was very interesting.

Am I missing something?

The following scores reflect CNN’s overall bias and reliability scores according to our Ad Fontes Media ratings methodology.

Reliability: 42.22

Bias: -5.69

Reliability scores for articles and shows are on a scale of 0-64. Scores above 24 are generally acceptable; scores above 32 are generally good.

Bias scores for articles and shows are on a scale of -42 to + 42, with higher negative scores being more left, higher positive scores being more right, and scores closer to zero being the most neutral and/or balanced.
https://www.adfontesmedia.com/cnn-bias-and-reliability/

The article posted by Maurile was a pretty fascinating read if you have the time. 
Thanks BB, hanging w fam then football. I disagree with anyone that claims CNN isn’t biased, I don’t think a link to another Left biased publication pushed by those in her that consistently push one side is going to change my position but appreciate you quoting in a respectful manner. Have a good one bud!

Thanks BB, hanging w fam then football. I disagree with anyone that claims CNN isn’t biased, I don’t think a link to another Left biased publication pushed by those in her that consistently push one side is going to change my position but appreciate you quoting in a respectful manner. Have a good one bud!
From the link above, it is biased left.  The question to ask “how biased left is it, and how does that compare to the right-leaning bias of sources that folks don’t seem to be concerned with?”

As noted above:

“The following scores reflect CNN’s overall bias and reliability scores according to our Ad Fontes Media ratings methodology.

Reliability: 42.22

Bias: -5.69

Reliability scores for articles and shows are on a scale of 0-64. Scores above 24 are generallyacceptable; scores above 32 are generally good.

Bias scores for articles and shows are on a scale of -42 to + 42, with higher negative scores beingmore left, higher positive scores being more right, and scores closer to zero being the most neutraland/or balanced.”

So yeah, CNN is biased.  Not massively, but enough that it matters.

So yeah, CNN is biased.  Not massively, but enough that it matters.
It is important to separate reliability and bias too.  If CNN says a group of protesters were from an alt-right group, that’s about reliability, not bias.  They don’t necessarily go hand in hand.  I think people get confused by this too often.

On a different note, I’m surprised CNN’s bias score is so close to zero.  When I watch, it seems more left slanted than that.  But maybe Trump doing and saying terrible things so often skews this in my mind.

It is important to separate reliability and bias too.  If CNN says a group of posters were from an alt-right group, that’s about reliability, not bias.  They don’t necessarily go hand in hand.  I think people get confused by this too often.
Very good point.

I think of Maurile being a relatively moderate to conservative poster over the years, and I don’t think the article was written or shared to change your position on anything in particular. Hope you enjoy your day of family, football and fun!

Users who are viewing this thread