What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you tip the commish? (1 Viewer)

for real, try running a dynasty league for like 15 years. people leave, finding replacements, setting up drafts with people in different time zones, making people happy is a royal pain. collecting payments is another pain in the rear end. As I said before I've never received one, but it would be nice. you know like 20 bucks to take the wife for some grub or to but 1-2 good beers . :-)

for real, try running a dynasty league for like 15 years. people leave, finding replacements, setting up drafts with people in different time zones, making people happy is a royal pain. collecting payments is another pain in the rear end. As I said before I've never received one, but it would be nice. you know like 20 bucks to take the wife for some grub or to but 1-2 good beers . :-)
Just don`t be a commish. Every person who does this including myself is because we want to do it. I enjoy being the Goodell of my league and would never expect a "tip" for anything.

Just don`t be a commish. Every person who does this including myself is because we want to do it. I enjoy being the Goodell of my league and would never expect a "tip" for anything.
ageed

Da Guru said:
golfguy said:
This reminds of me of those comments make about league issues where they say" kick him out and find a replacement". Seems very short-sighted - like replacement owners or replacement commissioners are just in ready supply. I do it because I think I'm the best person to do it and I know things will get done. That doesn't make the aggravation any less. Tell me - what part of a person saying a tip would be nice for the grief suggests to you that I or anyone else is complaining? No one is complaining. But a tip would indeed be nice and I don't think anyone expects it either. You jumped to conclusions based off comments that were never made.

Da Guru said:
golfguy said:
This reminds of me of those comments make about league issues where they say" kick him out and find a replacement". Seems very short-sighted - like replacement owners or replacement commissioners are just in ready supply. I do it because I think I'm the best person to do it and I know things will get done. That doesn't make the aggravation any less. Tell me - what part of a person saying a tip would be nice for the grief suggests to you that I or anyone else is complaining? No one is complaining. But a tip would indeed be nice and I don't think anyone expects it either. You jumped to conclusions based off comments that were never made.
Sounds like you have some control issues. If you don't want to do it then don't you'd be surprised who might step up. Hoobys are supposed to be fun and a way to unwind, not aggravating.

Da Guru said:
golfguy said:
Sounds like you have some control issues. If you don't want to do it then don't you'd be surprised who might step up. Hoobys are supposed to be fun and a way to unwind, not aggravating.
Yer right - I do like to be in control, but that's a learned response to experience. The old, "if you want something done right, do it yourself" thing. But yer also right that I'd be surprised, VERY surprised who might step up.

Users who are viewing this thread