What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DOES CRAYTON FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH (1 Viewer)

coachjim

Footballguy
With Roy in town and Brad starting for the next few weeks I think the Boys will not run 3 wide outs much. I see them putting 2 TE's in for blocking to protect Brad so he doesn't get killed like Tony did the last game. With that in mind I don't see Crayton getting many looks for the next few weeks. How do you guys feel about Crayton's stature with the Boys?

He actually might get more now. He is a terrible outside WR. Much more suited to the slot.

Not a strong play either way though.

With Roy in town and Brad starting for the next few weeks I think the Boys will not run 3 wide outs much. I see them putting 2 TE's in for blocking to protect Brad so he doesn't get killed like Tony did the last game. With that in mind I don't see Crayton getting many looks for the next few weeks. How do you guys feel about Crayton's stature with the Boys?
Ya, this next month will be touch-and-go for sure, no matter how circumstances unfold. If the Cowboys can survive this stretch, Crayton should benefit rather well. Working out of the slot is his forte', and the added experience he has gained will only help him produce in the middle of the field.ETA: Remember, he's a proven punt returner as well. He knows how to run in the open field. He will also be taking over punt return duties with Pacman gone. If those yards help in your league, all the more.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it about Cowboys receivers and this word?!?

What is it about Cowboys receivers and this word?!?
What do I think about his stature? Well, I think he's the shortest WR on the Cowboys

Ya, this next month will be touch-and-go for sure, no matter how circumstances unfold. If the Cowboys can survive this stretch, Crayton should benefit rather well. Working out of the slot is his forte', and the added experience he has gained will only help him produce in the middle of the field.ETA: Remember, he's a proven punt returner as well. He knows how to run in the open field. He will also be taking over punt return duties with Pacman gone. If those yards help in your league, all the more.
So does everyone see a lot of 3 WR sets with Witten staying in to block? I have to think that with the way Romo was getting absolutely pounded in the ARI game, they won't be sending everyone running routes. Not enough balls for Owens, Williams, Barber, Witten and Crayton IMO.

So does everyone see a lot of 3 WR sets with Witten staying in to block? I have to think that with the way Romo was getting absolutely pounded in the ARI game, they won't be sending everyone running routes. Not enough balls for Owens, Williams, Barber, Witten and Crayton IMO.
I don't--but maybe it's wishful thinking; as a Witten owner I'll of course be playing him. I think he'll be getting his share of dumpoffs.

The Crayton owner in my keeper league seems to think so. He just dropped him. This is after he scores 8,7, & 14 points in the last three weeks.

Hmmm...maybe I should go pick him up. :jawdrop:

The Crayton owner in my keeper league seems to think so. He just dropped him. This is after he scores 8,7, & 14 points in the last three weeks.Hmmm...maybe I should go pick him up. :lmao:
Why not? He's the hot pick up in my 4 leagues right now for some reason.

I'm going to cut him in a league were I'm thin at WR and the FA pickings are slim. He will have a few games like he did against the Skins were they just let him catch what he wanted underneath and he'll have a few games were he'll grab you a TD but if you can't put up consistent numbers as the 3rd option in the passing attack I don't see how you can be consistent as the 4th option. I don't know when you would ever be able to rely on him. Barber might even get more targets than Crayton but even if I assume Crayton is the 4th option in the passing attack can someone recall a time when the 4th option in a teams passing attack was someone you could rely on?

I think that the #3 WR position is much better for Crayton. He can't work well against the best corners on the defense... but he should get plenty of nice opportunities with defenses trying to cover TO, Williams, Witten, Barber, ect.... I can really see Crayton getting a lot of safe short dump offs, and some nice YAC. Especially if Johnson is QB.

I can really see Crayton getting a lot of safe short dump offs, and some nice YAC. Especially if Johnson is QB.
isn't that what witten and barber are for? he'll be lucky to get 1-3 targets a game.
I wouldn't go that far, but how often do you see a #3 WR as a legitimate fantasy player barring injury. Yeah I know it happens....Bryant Johnson a few times last year, maybe a guy like Anthony Gonzalez this year (although he hasn't done much of late), but it's rare.And with Brad Johnson coming in, I'd think the Cowboys will be leaning more heavily on the running game for a little bit. Crayton will entice owners with a 5-90-1 game every now and then, but you'll get a lot of 2-32 and 1-18 games from him I'd think. :lmao:

I can really see Crayton getting a lot of safe short dump offs, and some nice YAC. Especially if Johnson is QB.
isn't that what witten and barber are for? he'll be lucky to get 1-3 targets a game.
He's only averaged just over 3 touches per game as it is. Before the trade, I considered him borderline WR3 material - bye week/injury filler type stuff. Now, I think he's virtually worthless barring injury to either T.O. or Roy.Romo being injured just makes the picture that much more bleak.

Bankerguy said:
He actually might get more now. He is a terrible outside WR. Much more suited to the slot.Not a strong play either way though.
agreed. with Crayton moving to the slot, and Johnson's quick release he could put up some decent numbers the next few wks. he will be hit or miss though.

Crayton has always been terrible.
He was the 34th ranked fantasy WR last year. That's not terrible.
And the only reason he did that well is because Glenn was out all year.
Last I checked Glenn was still out so not sure of your point.
You really don't get the point? I'm sorry.
He's saying Glenn is out this year and Crayton's still garb.That being said, I think Craytons natural position is the slot, so he wont be consistent, but he may have a few big games. All the attention that TO, Roy, Witten and Barber demand, Crayton will be wide open at times. Look at Miles Austin these past few weeks.

I read the posts after this one and this simply isn't true.....at the end of last year if I recall correctly he was very startable and had some really nice games....if it is true that he finished at 34 overall that puts him as a starter in 3 WR leagues....and Crayton did most of his work in the second half of the season and still finished inside the top 36.....Glenn was not out the entire year last year either.......that said, I just do not see how the addition of Williams can help Crayton's numbers at all....just doesn't add up....Romo likes the big play....when he comes back, he is going to have a field day deciding who to throw it up to....they can't double both Williams and TO all game....

I read the posts after this one and this simply isn't true.....at the end of last year if I recall correctly he was very startable and had some really nice games....if it is true that he finished at 34 overall that puts him as a starter in 3 WR leagues....and Crayton did most of his work in the second half of the season and still finished inside the top 36.....Glenn was not out the entire year last year either.......
Crayton stats in '07:Weeks 1 thru 8: 26 rec, 400 yds, 4 TD (Avg 3 rec, 50 yds, .50 TD per game)

Weeks 9 thru 17: 24 rec, 297 yds, 3 TD (Avg 3 rec, 37yds, .375 TD per game)

Glenn did not play the entire year, except for a small amount of time in week 17.

:excited:

The best evidence that we have to forecast Crayton going forward is from a couple of years ago. Glenn was healthy and likely pllaying a similar role to what RW2 will play. TO and Witten were also in the picture. Bledsoe does as reasonable of a Johnson imitation as any.

Yes, the offense is a bit different under Garrett compared to Tuna. But not that much. Yes, Crayton is a touch more experienced now, but the targets probably won't be far off.

Anyway, you get the picture. Go look back a couple of years ago. That should give you a clue on what to expect.

He was the 34th ranked fantasy WR last year. That's not terrible.
And the only reason he did that well is because Glenn was out all year.
Last I checked Glenn was still out so not sure of your point.
I think the point is he was a starting #2 WR and ranked 34th. Now or in the very near future he will not be starting so I don't see how his production goes anywhere but down.

Who is this Crayton you speak of?

ETA: NM I just looked it up

Crayton (KRAY-TUN) - one with big mouth who drops many balls. see also - Terrell Owens.

Users who are viewing this thread