What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Done with Footballguys (1 Viewer)

Chachi said:
The Chachinator won 3 of 3 big money leagues this year. The Chachinator won 3 of 3 last year. The Chachinator did not use FBG at all.

The Chachinator was winning 1 of 3 (not bad) prior and using FBG.

The Chachinator >>>>> FBG pay service
How exactly does less information make you better? Define "big money leagues".

I made it to the playoffs as the number one seed, won the first 2 week long game (wtf i know... didn't realize it was a 4 week playoff) have now won 3 in a row but will probably fail because of Jamaal Charles in week 17. Footballguys got me to where I am, and in any normal league I would have won. Should I quit FBG now because I probably wont win? NO, but I should probably quit that league if they don't change the playoff weeks next year.

My only gripe is that this just seems like a part time job now for some of the staff and if they are not on time, so what. IMO, they could update the info on the Monday Night game instead of just dumping us on Sunday. Some of the content is a day late, where it says "due Wednesday" then you check back and it says "due Thursday". They might as well just say "you'll get it when we get the time". This week is a perfect example. I look forward to seeing Bloom's "Buy Low, Sell High" so this week it says "due Wed" then when it doesn't show up on Wed it changes to "due Thurs" and then when it doesn't show up on Thurs they just say #### it and totally drop it off the content all together for this week. I'll likely be back but that #### does piss me off.

I had paid for content here the previous few years, finally wised up and passed on it this year. It's a total waste of money. You can find whatever you need for free. Paying for opinions of others who have no better idea than you do for this game is dumb. I did great this season without spending a dime but just going with my own ideas.

Don't blame this place for losing. Don't give them credit for winning. Best choice is don't pay for content at all but just trust your own opinions.

It's a total waste of money. You can find whatever you need for free. Paying for opinions of others who have no better idea than you do for this game is dumb.
Excellent!!!
Its 30 dollars people. Even if I get one tidbit, about a fa pickup or sleeper, its worth it. I am in ten leagues, so maybe it is different for someone who has all their eggs in one basket, and just one league......but My Lord. 30 bucks is 2 to 3 lunches. Its the same cost as a movie and dinner. 30 dollars you cheapasses. Everyone wants something for free. It's pretty lazy and typical of our country now. Free, free, free. Losers.

All I know is that with kids and my wife and I both working, I like having FBGs opinions without having to . I will say that not every opinion has been correct, but I still won 1 of 3 leagues and I have won at least 1 league every year I subscribed and I have only been in 3 leagues the last 3 years and 2 leagues the last 6 years. Maybe that is coincidence, but it is a nice resource, especially the forums. Yeah, the forums are free, but I like the advice whether I use it all the time or not.

My only gripe is that this just seems like a part time job now for some of the staff and if they are not on time, so what. IMO, they could update the info on the Monday Night game instead of just dumping us on Sunday. Some of the content is a day late, where it says "due Wednesday" then you check back and it says "due Thursday". They might as well just say "you'll get it when we get the time". This week is a perfect example. I look forward to seeing Bloom's "Buy Low, Sell High" so this week it says "due Wed" then when it doesn't show up on Wed it changes to "due Thurs" and then when it doesn't show up on Thurs they just say #### it and totally drop it off the content all together for this week. I'll likely be back but that #### does piss me off.
This week Christmas was Wednesday, you really think that the buy/low needed to be put out then?

To be fair "Wednesday" this week was aka "Christmas".

C'mon man...read the entire post. I never complained because he didn't take Christmas off to write the freakin' bit. It was pushed to Thursday (which is totally fine) and then it just disappeared (not fine IMO). I listed a couple minor gripes (I did say I'd likely be back). Give me a break.

It's a total waste of money. You can find whatever you need for free. Paying for opinions of others who have no better idea than you do for this game is dumb.
Excellent!!!
Its 30 dollars people. Even if I get one tidbit, about a fa pickup or sleeper, its worth it. I am in ten leagues, so maybe it is different for someone who has all their eggs in one basket, and just one league......but My Lord. 30 bucks is 2 to 3 lunches. Its the same cost as a movie and dinner. 30 dollars you cheapasses. Everyone wants something for free. It's pretty lazy and typical of our country now. Free, free, free. Losers.
This is so bad it's funny. Did you even read what you typed before posting?

Excellent!!!
I re read it,.......and its exactly what I intended to post.

The Chachinator won 3 of 3 big money leagues this year. The Chachinator won 3 of 3 last year. The Chachinator did not use FBG at all.

The Chachinator was winning 1 of 3 (not bad) prior and using FBG.

The Chachinator >>>>> FBG pay service
I don't know if you won your leagues or not, but I do know you made one of the worst calls I've ever seen on this board.

LINK

I can't believe you're from Milwaukee.

I've won my main keeper league 6 times in the last 11 years due in large part to the pickups resulting from threads in the shark pool. Nothing can guarantee you a win but this site and the knowledgable posters on it certainly increase the odds.

Excellent!!!
And it is an excellent post. It is 50,000 pages of content for $30. That is ridiculous. Plus a free subscriber contest. Plus the awesome forums, which are free, but are part of the overall brand and experience.

What does it say about a person when they publicly call FBG subs dumb while using the FBG forums for free? I get it that some people here on the forums do not subscribe and that is fine. Just keep your mouth shut and privately thank the people (the dumb FBG subscribers) that support the bandwidth that permit your freeloading use of the forums.

Excellent!!!
And it is an excellent post. It is 50,000 pages of content for $30. That is ridiculous. Plus a free subscriber contest. Plus the awesome forums, which are free, but are part of the overall brand and experience.

What does it say about a person when they publicly call FBG subs dumb while using the FBG forums for free? I get it that some people here on the forums do not subscribe and that is fine. Just keep your mouth shut and privately thank the people (the dumb FBG subscribers) that support the bandwidth that permit your freeloading use of the forums.
The contest is the only valid angle to take here.

There is nothing in the paid content you can't get for free. Nothing.

Getting to playoffs=skill

Winning championship=luck

Suggestion: manage 4-6 teams. Takes marginally more time and improves odds.

Second place last 4 years. This year 2 championships!

Excellent!!!

:goodposting: Agreed. You don't have to agree with the content. It offers facts or alternative opinions, which if you are objective should challenge your preconceptions.

There are some low cash mofos on this board. To even bring the cost into play when it is a one-stop shop for relevant stats is comical. OMG THINK OF ALL I CAN DO WITH $30!! Take or leave the opinions.

All I know is that with kids and my wife and I both working, I like having FBGs opinions without having to . I will say that not every opinion has been correct, but I still won 1 of 3 leagues and I have won at least 1 league every year I subscribed and I have only been in 3 leagues the last 3 years and 2 leagues the last 6 years. Maybe that is coincidence, but it is a nice resource, especially the forums. Yeah, the forums are free, but I like the advice whether I use it all the time or not.
:confused:

Without having to what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we lost sniper...........he was prolly gonna stay, but the ridicule from this thread prolly sealed the deal. haha

Hell, I didnt even make the playoffs in both my leagues. What can I say, I have two young kids, and was not able to commit the amount of time to playing the WW that I normally do. Plus, commishing one of em. I just didnt spend the amount of time it takes to be successful. The way my H to H leagues are set up, its all about in-season management. That ,and a lot of luck. Over the years, I've come to lose some passion for FF due to the luck involved in H to H leagues. In one league I think I scored like the 3rd or 4th most points but missed the playoffs, due to playin teams when they lit it up. Bad luck.

I'm seriously considering going to total points in the league I commish. I think the most fun I have during the FF year is doing the playoff challenge on MFL, where its total points, and you can use a player only once. But thats another thread.

Excellent!!!
Lol. I actually thought he was going to make the opposite point. ..as in, "how bout people do their own work instead of being lazy and asking them to do your work for you"

Hell, I didnt even make the playoffs in both my leagues. What can I say, I have two young kids, and was not able to commit the amount of time to playing the WW that I normally do. Plus, commishing one of em. I just didnt spend the amount of time it takes to be successful.
I'm sure lots of people in your situation buy a FBG's subscription because they want to save time in finding good information. So let's say you buy a subscription. Then what? There are millions of articles, several handfuls of rankings. It's takes longer to separate the useful stuff from the crap in your subscription than it does to find the information yourself and develop your own analysis. So would you just roll with Dodd's rankings? How is someone supposed to know what is crap and what is good when they login and get information overload?

I pay the fee as a donation for hosting the forums and the maintenance that goes along with that. The ff info is good too, but the rankings and such are useless. A con, basically.

For the leagues that have a $10 entry fee and those guys show up looking for info, maybe the $30 doesn't make sense (from a financial standpoint). Sometimes the pure value of being a part of a community which shares the common interest of fantasy sports is enough reason to subscribe, simply as a contribution. It is not a requirement but for those who choose to pay up shouldn't be mocked or discredited for doing so. Just saying... To the OP, learn what it means to take personal responsibility. Depending on others for your livelihood or success is among the chief characteristics of the coward.

I pay the fee as a donation for hosting the forums and the maintenance that goes along with that. The ff info is good too, but the rankings and such are useless. A con, basically.
The forum provides tons of great information. For me, I discovered quite a few sleepers I missed. You will need to know where to look for the right information and ignore the whinings.

Hell, I didnt even make the playoffs in both my leagues. What can I say, I have two young kids, and was not able to commit the amount of time to playing the WW that I normally do. Plus, commishing one of em. I just didnt spend the amount of time it takes to be successful.
I'm sure lots of people in your situation buy a FBG's subscription because they want to save time in finding good information. So let's say you buy a subscription. Then what? There are millions of articles, several handfuls of rankings. It's takes longer to separate the useful stuff from the crap in your subscription than it does to find the information yourself and develop your own analysis. So would you just roll with Dodd's rankings? How is someone supposed to know what is crap and what is good when they login and get information overload?
Its a good point. There is a lot of info to sift through. I use the projections sparingly. I dont always agree with the mods on the forum. I like the player spotlights. Overall, good subscriber content. My problem is in-season management. My fault, period. I've had much more success in the past when my life has been less busy. But I'm ok with it.

Its a good point. There is a lot of info to sift through. I use the projections sparingly. I dont always agree with the mods on the forum. I like the player spotlights. Overall, good subscriber content. My problem is in-season management. My fault, period. I've had much more success in the past when my life has been less busy. But I'm ok with it.
Thanks. I'm not trying to make an argument. I really just want to know, what does a noob to FBG do when he or she shells up 40 bucks for the subscription, then can't determine what is crap and what isn't, when all they wanted in the first place was a streamlined FF advice service? I know there are many people in this boat, and I'd love to know what they do to figure it out.

I would say it is the opposite of streamlined advice... More of an abundance of info and opinions. Content may be more appealing to the veterans than the FF noobs. Heck I've been playing fantasy football for 15 years and I feel like a rookie sometimes but I love info overloads myself. Not everyone's cup of tea.

I guess if you have the time, then a subscription would be a waste. But many of us think $30 is worth having all this info in one place.

Sure, it takes a season or so to find what you like and what you don't regarding the information available to you through the paid site, but after you know where to look for what you like, it's a breeze to get that info in a timely fashion.

For those saying they don't use FBG (yet hang out on the forums) and they still win - that's fine. I know you're getting your information somewhere, though. And if you're claiming it's as much as all the collective writers of this site (or any other site you use) then you are investing massive amounts of time. For example, to get most of the information I now get from FBG, I used to have a link in my Favorites List to every NFL team's website and the local paper as well. I had Game Rewind and would try to watch at least 10 games a week, switching up the teams all depending on what players I wanted to see.

So, you can say you do better without any help from any site, but if you are trying to say you can get all the info for free that you can get here at FBG, then you must spend almost every waking hour watching every football game on Rewind and scanning Team Websites for player updates, or ... more than likely you use another place to get info (free or paid) and you don't need in depth info that requires watching every game (or using a site such as FBG that watches every game for you).

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some low cash mofos on this board. To even bring the cost into play when it is a one-stop shop for relevant stats is comical. OMG THINK OF ALL I CAN DO WITH $30!! Take or leave the opinions.
Stick to roadside jerky. You're the authority figure on that as far as I'm concerned.

I can afford the $30, but why should I? I'm sorry if it sounds cold but I'm not loyal to anyone but myself here. If FBG were to shut down a similar site would pop up. It's just business, happens all the time......and I'd go to that site for info. I'll go wherever I can get the most while paying the least. It's not cheap, it's wise.

For those griping about guys using forums but not paying for a service, deal with it.

Played in 3 big money leagues and won all 3. Used FBG in a small money league and went 3-11. More to follow.

scrumptrulescent said:
Stick to roadside jerky. You're the authority figure on that as far as I'm concerned.

I can afford the $30, but why should I? I'm sorry if it sounds cold but I'm not loyal to anyone but myself here. If FBG were to shut down a similar site would pop up. It's just business, happens all the time......and I'd go to that site for info. I'll go wherever I can get the most while paying the least. It's not cheap, it's wise.

For those griping about guys using forums but not paying for a service, deal with it.
Maybe you should change your name to Leach, or cheapasscrumpulescentah? You'd still be wise though

C'mon man...read the entire post. I never complained because he didn't take Christmas off to write the freakin' bit. It was pushed to Thursday (which is totally fine) and then it just disappeared (not fine IMO). I listed a couple minor gripes (I did say I'd likely be back). Give me a break.
That was my fault for not informing them I wouldn't be writing on this week. Last week's was the last of the season. Sorry for the let down.

That was my fault for not informing them I wouldn't be writing on this week. Last week's was the last of the season. Sorry for the let down.
I'll forgive you if you forgive me for posting whilst under the influence of tequila ;^ )

I have guys in my league who'd love to have the opportunity to win the big game 50% of the time--I just beat a guy whose been the runner up about 4 times in the last 12 seasons, and this was his best team to date, and by far the best team in our league in 2013.

How did he lose?

He faced a guy whose lineup was powered by FootballGuys.com--and had the misfortune of facing a team who started the underachieving Patriots DST who OVER-achieved in week 16...ME!

Luck plays a big part in this, and sounds like you have not found a way to put yourself in a position to overcome bad luck.

Chachi said:
Played in 3 big money leagues and won all 3. Used FBG in a small money league and went 3-11. More to follow.
so you "blocked out" the information you received from FBG in the other 3 leagues.....but used it in your 3-11 league....

you're awesome.......... :tebow:

I was winning with regularity for the past 5 years. Went for the FBG Subscription this year, and missed the playoffs in all 5 leagues, solid teams too.

FBG has a lot of interesting information, and I'm a big fan, but you will not win your league based on a subscription to FBG.

The biggest factor at play is luck.

Finished in the money again with FBGs, first last year and second this year. I find that acceptable since making the championship game is my goal and that game is usually a coin flip. Is it me or FBGs, I dunno, probably mostly me, it stinks but I'll have to subscribe to FBGs next year because I don't want to take the chance it isn't me. Before FBGs it was mostly a wash, after FBGs it was profit. So I'll stick with FBGs ... for now.

Users who are viewing this thread