What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DSLR Camera Guys (1 Viewer)

The Nikon 18-200 lens is now on my wish list, but struggle dropping $900 on it.

Any thoughts on purchasing a used lens off of ebay for about half the cost? Risky or safe bet if they have a return policy?
You might be able to find the Nikon 18-200mm at a discount or used at a very reasonable price now. They announced a 18-300mm F3.5/5.6 yesterday. http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/06/14/Nikon-AF-S-Nikkor-18-300-F3-5-5-6-G-ED-VR-superzoom-lens-launched

(jealous Canon shooter)

This might not excite anyone else, but with today's updates to iPhoto and Aperture, both programs will now share the same library. THANK YOU! And it's about time. The fact that two Apple photo apps did not share a single library seemed ridiculous to me.Also, I always thought it was dumb that there wasn't an option to change your desktop photo right from Aperture. They fixed that too. :thumbup:
Cool, I'll check that out. :thumbup:

Hello,

Looking to move into this market and will be doing mostly shoots of the kids. I think I've found 2 options that would both do what I'm looking to do. If anyone could give some opinions on what I've found or give another option to look at I would be most appreciative. I'd love to stay under $500 total, including lenses if needed.

I'm thinking this http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=canon+t3&hl=en&prmd=imvnsr&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=989&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1869270965945017062&sa=X&ei=e6vsT8CuIc3D6gGnhJjTBQ&ved=0CIUBEMIVMAA#scoring=tp|cond=1

or this http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=nikon+D3100&hl=en&prmd=imvnsr&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=989&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4143458287778503841&sa=X&ei=-q7sT5njOpCA6QHH7-zZBQ&ved=0CIcBEPMCMAA#scoring=tp|cond=1

Thanks so much for the help. I'll also be looking into some of the books that have been mentioned as well.

I'd love to stay under $500 total, including lenses if needed.
That's a challenge but right now there's a 20% off code on Canon refurbished. Use code "20SLR612" for 20% off and code "June612" for free shipping but they are supposed to expire June 30th so that won't give you much time to decide.On that budget I would buy...

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_204269_-1

and

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_211859_-1

... for $282 + $192(after discount codes). It's slightly lower megapixels than you were looking at(only 10mp) which does limit how much you can crop the photos but you would start out with two image stabilized lenses with a body for under $500. You can get very nice prints from a 10mp image.

Definitely grab an extra battery as well...

http://www.amazon.com/Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger-Adapter-Digital/dp/B0023VWZ5C/ref=pd_cp_e_0

... which still leaves enough left over for a couple of class 10 memory cards...

http://www.amazon.com/Wintec-Filemate-Professional-Secure-Digital/dp/B0046TDJJK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1340935577&sr=8-10&keywords=class+10+SDHC+card

... I'm not familiar with that brand but I trust that many positive reviews.

That pretty much wipes out your $500 but in the near future you might want to get the 50mm F1.8 lens, a monopod, and maybe a circular polarizing filter. If you search for deals you can get all three for under $100 but none of them are critical so you can afford to be patient.

If you're just after a single & simple setup, I'm told that the Panasonic FZ-150 is a great sub-$500 camera

We have a Canon T2i with the kit 18-55 and the 55-250 lenses. Tomorrow we'll be receiving via UPS the nifty 50 lens as well. Having a BBQ at the house and once it is dark the fireworks will be going off which should be decent. What kind of settings should we use for catching these and which lens?

What kind of settings should we use for catching these and which lens?
Do you own a tripod? That's the most important step right there. You're cutting it close but if you are an Amazon Prime member you can get one with good reviews before the 4th. You want low ISO, long exposure shots. Some tripods have a hook at the bottom so you can add weight/stability. Because of the explosive nature of fireworks consider the material that the tripod if made of - aluminum would probably be a poor choice for instance because it does a terrible job of dampening vibration. There are vibration dampening pads on the market...http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-93503-Vibration-Suppression-Pads/dp/B0000665V7/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341061490&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=camera+vibration+dampening+pad+tripod... but I've never actually used them so I'm not sure how well they work.Get a wireless remote shutter release(they are cheap) and practice using mirror lock up. Again, with long exposures the slightest movement is your enemy and will cause your pics to be soft. Some people suggest a self timer for fireworks and tripod work in general but imo a shutter release is so inexpensive why hassle with the timer?This is pretty obvious but some people forget - disable flash.It's also best to manually focus so the camera isn't "hunting" in the low light. Focus close to infinity.The second most important factor after having a good tripod is scouting the location before hand. You won't want to be moving a tripod/etc in the dark. Reflective surfaces are generally good. Generally speaking higher is better and many people prefer to shoot from a roof. Obviously you don't want any distracting power lines/trees/etc. If possible, set yourself up with the wind at your back - it makes for a cleaner look for you final photos as fireworks generate a great deal of smoke. Avoid potential traffic areas where people may be passing in front of your camera, another reason why a roof is good. I'm probably forgetting some but that's a good start. The general rule of "always bring a backup battery and memory card" really applies here because you only get one chance at this in the next 364 days and you'll probably be taking a much lower % of "keeper" photos than you are accustomed to taking.

I'd love to stay under $500 total, including lenses if needed.
Not sure if you're still in the market but I don't think you can beat this deal if you are willing to go up to $600(after mail-in rebates)....Canon EOS Rebel T3 12MP SLR Digital CameraCanon EF 50mm f/1.8 II LensCanon EF-S 18-55mm IS Kit LensCanon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III AF Telephoto Zoom Lens8GB SDHC Flash Card + Tripod + Camera BagCanon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Photo PrinterRed Giant Production Bundle: Red Giant Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop, Red Giant Magic Bullet PhotoLooks V1.5 Software, and Red Giant Text Anarchy V2.4 Software with Geomancy and Toolbox Filters, Fxplug Chaos Stock (for PC/MAC and all hosts included)http://www.adorama.com/ICAT3KZ.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_227502

Hey guys,

I'm going to have the opportunity to shoot a football game at my alma mater in a few months...

http://www.danscamera.com/lehigh-football/

I'd like to do it right by renting a good (yet affordable) lens for the day.

Do you guys have any experience shooting daytime sports action with a long zoom, 400-500mm?

Any suggestions for the best focal length for football and specific lens for a Canon T2i?

A quick search had this pop up but just started looking and don't know much about it yet...

Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM for Canon

TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I'm going to have the opportunity to shoot a football game at my alma mater in a few months...

Do you guys have any experience shooting daytime sports action with a long zoom, 400-500mm?

Any suggestions for the best focal length for football and specific lens for a Canon T2i?

A quick search had this pop up but just started looking and don't know much about it yet...

TIA!
I've read reviews on that lens that have been pretty positive overall. I think Sigma does a nice job with telephoto lenses in general(stay away from their wide lenses however). Will you be stuck in one endzone or will you have more access around the field? If you can move around more I might try the Canon 70-200/2.8 because of its stellar reputation for image quality. If you are stuck in one place and need to be able to shoot all the way to the opposite endzone I think the Sigma is a great choice given you should have a lot of light to work with. Both are big and heavy and will feel even more so by the 4th quarter. This is a good excuse to buy a quality monopod, invaluable in shooting sports and many other instances as well.Don't take this is as a diss at the T2i(the best value in dSLR imo) but you might find out how much it would cost to rent a 7d for a day(maybe renting together with the lens you'll get a discount). The big reason is the 7d is perfect for sports... 8 frames per second and perhaps more importantly 1/8000th a second shutter time to really freeze the action. There are advantages to having two camera bodies so you can switch back and forth between the cameras throughout the game rather than trying to switch lenses in the harried atmosphere of the game.

Since you specified daytime shooting you might even consider this...

http://www.borrowlenses.com/product/Canon_70-200mm_f4_L

... which also has an excellent reputation in terms of image quality and is much lighter and more mobile than the other two if you'll be moving around the field much. I've actually looked into purchasing this lens(one of the most affordable "L" lenses out there) but every time Canon has a 20% off sale this lens sells out quickly. At $26/3 days it seems like a bargain to try. You may fall in love with it and it won't break the bank to purchase one while the other two are very, very pricey to buy.

Some questions from my father. He's retiring soon and getting more into photography. He's pretty computer-savvy having been a programmer back in the day.

1) What's the difference between Photoshop Elements and Lightroom?

2) In Lightroom can you edit the photos to remove objects or do special effects, like keeping one object in color and the rest black & white?

I use regular photoshop, not elements or lightroom, and don't keep up much on software. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

1) What's the difference between Photoshop Elements and Lightroom?2) In Lightroom can you edit the photos to remove objects or do special effects, like keeping one object in color and the rest black & white?
1) Elements is your classic image editor. Lightroom is more of a program to manage your photos that also allows you to edit photos.2) Lightroom has the Heal and Clone tools so you can remove objects but special effects certainly aren't its strength. It will let you keep a single object in color....http://digital-photography-school.com/highlight-color-effect-in-lightroom-5-easy-steps... but if special effects are important to your father he'll likely want Elements.I would start with Lightroom and if there's something he can't do with Lightroom then add Elements. If you can get your hands on a .edu email address you can get Lightroom very inexpensively.

1) What's the difference between Photoshop Elements and Lightroom?2) In Lightroom can you edit the photos to remove objects or do special effects, like keeping one object in color and the rest black & white?
1) Elements is your classic image editor. Lightroom is more of a program to manage your photos that also allows you to edit photos.2) Lightroom has the Heal and Clone tools so you can remove objects but special effects certainly aren't its strength. It will let you keep a single object in color....http://digital-photography-school.com/highlight-color-effect-in-lightroom-5-easy-steps... but if special effects are important to your father he'll likely want Elements.I would start with Lightroom and if there's something he can't do with Lightroom then add Elements. If you can get your hands on a .edu email address you can get Lightroom very inexpensively.
:thumbup: thanks!

Hey guys,

TIA!
I'd be wary of the Sigma lens--it's slow and the AF is probably slow too.Check out www.lensrentals.com He has a good reputation on www.photography-on-the.net You will also find a ton of expertise over there.

Ideally, you want 2-3 bodies with a 400 2.8 (with a monopod for downfield), 70-200 2.8 and a 24-70 in case something comes up in front of you. A lot depends on where you will be, and how much you can move around.

Hey guys,

TIA!
I'd be wary of the Sigma lens--it's slow and the AF is probably slow too.Check out www.lensrentals.com He has a good reputation on www.photography-on-the.net You will also find a ton of expertise over there.

Ideally, you want 2-3 bodies with a 400 2.8 (with a monopod for downfield), 70-200 2.8 and a 24-70 in case something comes up in front of you. A lot depends on where you will be, and how much you can move around.
Also, check out this link from Canon on shooting youth sports.

Anyone have an opinion on Lightroom vs. Aperture? Obviously, I am on a Mac platform.

Also getting more into DP. Just upgraded some gear.

Heading to Kauai in a few weeks and want to have a good camera bag to protect and store my goods. Here is what we'll be carrying:

[*]Canon T2i body

[*]18-55mm kit lens

[*]55-250 lens

[*]50mm lens

[*]extra battery, memory card

[*]Canon Vixia HG20 camcorder

Is the Lowepro Slingshot 202 pretty much what we want to get here? Or are there any others recommended?

Heading to Kauai in a few weeks and want to have a good camera bag to protect and store my goods. Here is what we'll be carrying:

[*]Canon T2i body

[*]18-55mm kit lens

[*]55-250 lens

[*]50mm lens

Is the Lowepro Slingshot 202 pretty much what we want to get here? Or are there any others recommended?
Looks about right to me for the gear you will be carrying (maye a little bigger than you need) - but the price is right compared to what you would get with a Tamrac bag. The shoulder sling bags are great for quick access to the equipment.

[*]Canon T2i body

[*]18-55mm kit lens

[*]55-250 lens

[*]50mm lens

Looks about right to me for the gear you will be carrying (maye a little bigger than you need) - but the price is right compared to what you would get with a Tamrac bag. The shoulder sling bags are great for quick access to the equipment.
:goodposting: I love my Lowepro Slingshot.

The stock lens my wife got with her T2i went out the other day and she is wanting to find a replacement. She is willing to spend more for a lens with flexibility. She has a 50mm and a good zoom lens. She is wanting a recommendation for a between one, an all-purpose lens. What do you have for me, FFA?

The stock lens my wife got with her T2i went out the other day and she is wanting to find a replacement. She is willing to spend more for a lens with flexibility. She has a 50mm and a good zoom lens. She is wanting a recommendation for a between one, an all-purpose lens. What do you have for me, FFA?
Here's a nice one.
Thoughts on this one? My linkHas a ton of great Amazon reviews and is a fair bit less than the Sigma.

Here's a nice one.
Thoughts on this one? My linkHas a ton of great Amazon reviews and is a fair bit less than the Sigma.
Looks like a better deal. Spec-wise they're identical.

Here's a nice one.
I'm looking at upgrading my camera (currently have the Rebel XTi) and have a little dough to spend. I'd love to jump up to full frame and get a Mark 5 II, but it's so so hard to justify spending over $1,500 on something that is still just a hobby. Since I do 90% photo and only 10% video, I'm thinking about grabbing a T3i and upgrade glass while I'm at it... The Sigma 17-50 might be a nice upgrade too.

Here's a nice one.
Looks like a better deal. Spec-wise they're identical.
The Sigma is designated "OS"(optical stabilization) but I don't see the Tamron designated as "VC"(vibration compensation) so I'm assuming it doesn't have it. It's a fast lens and only goes to 50mm but still, some people would choose to pay extra for the optical stabilization.I've read reviews where the Sigma gets slightly higher marks for optical quality than the Tamron, and the Canon(IS or image stabilized) gets slightly higher marks than the Sigma for optical quality but it also costs a lot more and comes with the shortest warranty of the bunch. All three are rated pretty high though.

So these 17-50's would be definite upgrades over the stock 18-55's that are the starter lenses yes? How so, if you would be so kind as to educate me.

ETA This is the Canon 18-55 with IS
The F2.8 lenses let more light in to the sensor so they perform better in low light situations. In moderate lighting situations they allow you to shoot at higher shutter speeds to either stop the action or to avoid the need for a tripod. Even in situations with a lot of light they'll be sharper than the kit lens.The Canon kit lens is only considered "ok" optically by most people. The F2.8 zooms are better than the kit lens but won't be as sharp(or as fast) as the 50mm that your wife already has.

Does she have another zoom lens besides the kit lens?

So these 17-50's would be definite upgrades over the stock 18-55's that are the starter lenses yes? How so, if you would be so kind as to educate me.

You're looking at a much faster lens in the 17-50. The 18-55 has a max aperture between 3.5 & 5.6; the 17-50 has a max aperture at 2.8 across the board. Those might sounds like small numbers, but they represent a huge difference. Here's a quick explanation.

For the record though, I use my 18-55 kit lens for daily shooting and I'm perfectly fine with it. But part of that is the weight factor, since I usually tote it around in my work bag.

You're looking at a much faster lens in the 17-50. The 18-55 has a max aperture between 3.5 & 5.6; the 17-50 has a max aperture at 2.8 across the board. Those might sounds like small numbers, but they represent a huge difference. Here's a quick explanation.
So is the lack of IS a big deal with the Tamron? I do not see too many problems with that in the reviews, but I have not gone too deeply, either.

'Mad Cow said:
Any other thoughts or ideas for my wife's lens?
This is a very, very popular lens at a good price($781)...http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_263354_-1... but when they have sales the inventory sells out quickly. Whenever I've bought refurbished directly from Canon the gear has arrived in brand new condition and worked flawlessly. Has image stabilization and is designated as an "L" lens which is generally the highest quality in the Canon line of lenses.

Here's a nice one.
I'm looking at upgrading my camera (currently have the Rebel XTi) and have a little dough to spend. I'd love to jump up to full frame and get a Mark 5 II, but it's so so hard to justify spending over $1,500 on something that is still just a hobby. Since I do 90% photo and only 10% video, I'm thinking about grabbing a T3i and upgrade glass while I'm at it... The Sigma 17-50 might be a nice upgrade too.
You could split the difference and get a 7D.....http://www.adorama.com/ICA7DR.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_227502

... $1049 is an excellent price. It's actually a better choice for people that need fast burst mode and/or do HDR photography. It also has a better view finder than the 5D MarkII. It's water/dust resistant and has almost twice the battery life of the T3i.

Here's a nice one.
You could split the difference and get a 7D.....http://www.adorama.com/ICA7DR.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_227502

... $1049 is an excellent price. It's actually a better choice for people that need fast burst mode and/or do HDR photography. It also has a better view finder than the 5D MarkII. It's water/dust resistant and has almost twice the battery life of the T3i.
I've thought about that camera and that is a great price on the 7D, but it seems like 7D is more for wildlife (birds) or sports, of which I do neither. Image quality is the only thing I really care about in a camera - build quality, "feel", battery life are features lost on me (for how I use the camera). I'm intrigued by the rumors of an entry level full frame that Canon should announce later this year, but the rumors have it expected to be priced near $2,000. A good quality 15-75 range lens would make the biggest difference for me now.

So, I'm about to order a D600. And since I don't have any full-frame lenses, I'm going with the kit lens for now ($500 for a 24-85 3.5-4.5 seems very reasonable). I desperately want the 24-70 2.8, but the Sigma version has mixed reviews for full frame use and the Nikkor is $1,800. Also considered the Tokina 17-35 4.0, but while I love landscape and such, I think I need something closer than 35 to start out with. It's funny, the lens deliberation has lasted much longer than the decision to get the D600, which I think will be an excellent body for what I need (looking to do more videography in the future).

So I guess what I'm getting at, as I sit here 3 hours away from hitting the order button (BH online ordering is down at the moment), is: any advice on the glass?

So, I'm about to order a D600. And since I don't have any full-frame lenses, I'm going with the kit lens for now ($500 for a 24-85 3.5-4.5 seems very reasonable). I desperately want the 24-70 2.8, but the Sigma version has mixed reviews for full frame use and the Nikkor is $1,800. Also considered the Tokina 17-35 4.0, but while I love landscape and such, I think I need something closer than 35 to start out with. It's funny, the lens deliberation has lasted much longer than the decision to get the D600, which I think will be an excellent body for what I need (looking to do more videography in the future).

So I guess what I'm getting at, as I sit here 3 hours away from hitting the order button (BH online ordering is down at the moment), is: any advice on the glass?
I cant help you on the right lens, but just yesterday I ordered the 28mm 1.8 for canon. Around 5am this morning I got cold feet and cancelled the order and amazon allowed me to cancel as it hadn't shipped yet. This afternoon as I though about which lens to get instead, I got a flat and find out I needed four new tires. So, no new lens and, yes, I can relate to lens deliberation. Good luck with the D600 - looks like an awesome camera!

What are the thoughts on this lens?

Amazon has a deal that if you buy the T3i for $650, that lens is $150 off. Also can buy this printer and get a $400 rebate. So, camera/extra lens/printer for just under $700 after tax ($1100 upfront). Deal??

What are the thoughts on this lens?

Amazon has a deal that if you buy the T3i for $650, that lens is $150 off. Also can buy this printer and get a $400 rebate. So, camera/extra lens/printer for just under $700 after tax ($1100 upfront). Deal??
I have that lens, it's well regarded optically for the price. If you're shooting indoor sports, it won't cut it for you. I've taken it to the zoo with monopod and been pleased with the results. Also, a Tiger game on a nice day sitting in the lower level. Indoor at Ford field was near impossible. That's a good deal, IIRC I got my T3 for about $100 less over a year ago. $100 for the upgrade to T3i is well worth it.

I have that lens, it's well regarded optically for the price. If you're shooting indoor sports, it won't cut it for you. I've taken it to the zoo with monopod and been pleased with the results. Also, a Tiger game on a nice day sitting in the lower level. Indoor at Ford field was near impossible.
Thanks for the response, it made me realize that I hadn't really thought about WHY I want the camera. My issue has been that my P&S has can't handle the low light of indoors, or the fast motion of our newborn. A little research makes it seem like the lenses in that deal are not really the answer, and I should instead look for a fast prime lens. It also looks like the Nikon D7000 is a standout for those shots, although Ken Rockwell really harping on how the "camera doesn't matter" is making me think about starting with the D3100 since it is very similarly ranked yet a third the cost.

I have that lens, it's well regarded optically for the price. If you're shooting indoor sports, it won't cut it for you. I've taken it to the zoo with monopod and been pleased with the results. Also, a Tiger game on a nice day sitting in the lower level. Indoor at Ford field was near impossible.
Thanks for the response, it made me realize that I hadn't really thought about WHY I want the camera.

My issue has been that my P&S has can't handle the low light of indoors, or the fast motion of our newborn. A little research makes it seem like the lenses in that deal are not really the answer, and I should instead look for a fast prime lens. It also looks like the Nikon D7000 is a standout for those shots, although Ken Rockwell really harping on how the "camera doesn't matter" is making me think about starting with the D3100 since it is very similarly ranked yet a third the cost.
The camera doesn't matter, when it comes to shot selection and composition. The camera does matter when it comes to the finer points, like resolution, focus points, sensor size, and the quality of things like auto white balance or high-ISO shots. But yes, lenses are more important when it comes to choosing the right tool for what you want to shoot. A 50 mm/1.8 is a great starter prime (note that autofocus for this lens will not work with the D3100). I'm pretty sure it's one of every camera hobbyist's first prime lenses (they call it the Nifty Fifty), because it has a great ratio of affordability and effectiveness.

Thanks for the response, it made me realize that I hadn't really thought about WHY I want the camera. My issue has been that my P&S has can't handle the low light of indoors, or the fast motion of our newborn. A little research makes it seem like the lenses in that deal are not really the answer, and I should instead look for a fast prime lens. It also looks like the Nikon D7000 is a standout for those shots, although Ken Rockwell really harping on how the "camera doesn't matter" is making me think about starting with the D3100 since it is very similarly ranked yet a third the cost.
The camera doesn't matter, when it comes to shot selection and composition. The camera does matter when it comes to the finer points, like resolution, focus points, sensor size, and the quality of things like auto white balance or high-ISO shots. But yes, lenses are more important when it comes to choosing the right tool for what you want to shoot. A 50 mm/1.8 is a great starter prime. I'm pretty sure it's one of every camera hobbyist's first prime lenses (they call it the Nifty Fifty), because it has a great ratio of affordability and effectiveness.
I opted for the Canon 35mm F2, it's more versatile that the nifty fifty. The focus is fast and not as loud as some would have you believe. Of course, it costs three times as much, but it's not prohibitive. However, shooting at F2 isn't really a substitute for decent light, depending on the situation. The depth of field is so shallow that you may not be able to get everything you want in focus. You'll soon buy a good flash to bounce the light.

If your camera isn't a full frame body, I would suggest trying out both a 35mm and a 50mm prime lens, before settling on the 50mm. I borrowed a couple lenses before making a purchase and found the 35mm a lot more useful. The 50mm was just too tight and made it difficult shooting around the house.

I picked up the Nikon D600 and it's a hell of a camera!

I've been shooting for many years and this weekend was my first gig where I shot video and stills with the same camera. It's going to take some getting used to, the dslr way of shooting video is quite different. but so far I'm really liking the results.

I added a Zacuto Crossfire rig, Zacuto Z-Finder, a Rodes microphone and cartoni tripod. Bagged it all in a Cinebag.

Here's a small collection of the first set of stills I shot - these are medium rez jpegs - haven't messed with the RAW files yet.

And here's the first video I shot(password: ds2012) - still a LOT to learn with this thing, but not a bad effort for starting out.

Besides my usual trips into the desert, I'll be taking this thing to Ireland, Nepal, Mt Whitney and Wales over the next year. I'm also booked to do an extensive series on interviews and plan to use this camera for that as well.

I have found it to be incredibly good in low light, but some of the button layouts are not ideal. I also don't like the fact that you can't change aperture while in Live View. You have to use the exposure compensation.

More reviews and images/video as I get it. This weekend I'm shooting the Tucson Blues Festival so there should be some great stuff there.

Fun fun fun!

Users who are viewing this thread