What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

i would say Blackmon>RB in a PPR start 2 RB/3 WR league and can flex either.

If you only have to start 2 WR (plus can flex), i would lean towards taking your number 2 RB

Curious to peoples thoughts, in a start 2qb league, ppr league, who goes #1, Andrew Luck or Trichardson?
I play in a 2qb. I have the fifth pick. I have them Luck, RG3, Richardson, Blackmon, ....and then my suck pick.
I think you're discounting Floyd a bit there tbh. I'm sitting at 5 in my .5 ppr league and I'll be thrilled to get him. Agree with your order otherwise though.
I am actually leaning Tannehill in the 2qb. The problem is scarcity. QBs value is really high during the season when the bullets are flying. If you can each only roster 3.2 quarterbacks in a 10 team league, that means when injuries strike during bye weeks or multiple injuries hit your squad, you are scrambling for guys like Skelton and Yates right in the thick of the playoff race. I will have to read up on Floyd but there are tons of wideouts out there always. You can always pick a guy off the wire if the #### hits the fan and maybe get some points ... James Jones, Riley Cooper, guys like that are out there depending on roster size. You get zero points at QB though if you have to trot out a backup guy like Matt Flynn unless Rodgers gets hurt. You can handcuff, but again, roster sizes don't always permit that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually leaning Tannehill in the 2qb. The problem is scarcity. QBs value is really high during the season when the bullets are flying. If you can each only roster 3.2 quarterbacks in a 10 team league, that means when injuries strike during bye weeks or multiple injuries hit your squad, you are scrambling for guys like Skelton and Yates right in the thick of the playoff race.
I am in a similar sort of league and after a few years I found I was much happier not hording guys like Chad Henne and Brady Quinn. Not to say Tannehill can't be better than those guys, but I think the position premium only goes so far when starting RBs are on the board. Skelton was an ok QB2 last year (similar PPG to Schaub and Cutler) and with only 10 teams backups like him are there for the desperate. For example, I took Hunter and Moore ahead of Dalton last year and don't regret it one bit.

how do you guys value draft picks? Can't seem to guage the value of 1st round picks, specifically high 1st round picks
Depends on the players I available. I traded 1.6 last year for a #1 this year and a #3 last year.Glad I did.
I'm a dynasty newb, playing in my first league which is heading into year 3. I'm struggling to guage the value of first rounders. Like this year i see richardson, blackmon floyd luck rg3 as all pretty valuable, but what is the value of say, pick 1.3 or 1.4 or 1.5 (individually)? Are these picks as valuable as a current wr2/rb2?

how do you guys value draft picks? Can't seem to guage the value of 1st round picks, specifically high 1st round picks
Depends on the players I available. I traded 1.6 last year for a #1 this year and a #3 last year.Glad I did.
I'm a dynasty newb, playing in my first league which is heading into year 3. I'm struggling to guage the value of first rounders. Like this year i see richardson, blackmon floyd luck rg3 as all pretty valuable, but what is the value of say, pick 1.3 or 1.4 or 1.5 (individually)? Are these picks as valuable as a current wr2/rb2?
It depends on the status of your team. If you have a team that can contend for a title then players that can potentially put you over the top are worth those early picks. But if you have a team that is young and building then those picks are worth much more to you than to other teams. I would hold on to any top 10 rookie pick that could really help you build a strong team. In dynasty, young players with potential are worth much more than vets.

It depends how your team looks and who you qualify as RB2 and WR2's. I think there are at least 8 future starters (Luck, RG3, Richardson, Martin, Miller, Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright) from this crop, all of which have star potential but clearly not all of them will be.

It depends how your team looks and who you qualify as RB2 and WR2's. I think there are at least 8 future starters (Luck, RG3, Richardson, Martin, Miller, Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright) from this crop, all of which have star potential but clearly not all of them will be.
Okay, thanks for the response. I'm looking to acquire one of those picks and just trying to figure out what a fair offer would be (sydney rice?) I guess it all depends on the people who are involved in the trade. Its tough to find good info on dynasty leagues so i check into this thread often. But rarely do i see draft pick value discussed and trading for them.Keep up the great posts guys. I learn a lot here :thumbup:

Glorydays,

Check out the 2012 completed dynasty trades thread. There is usually deals that involved draft picks and discussion about the trades.

Okay, thanks for the response. I'm looking to acquire one of those picks and just trying to figure out what a fair offer would be (sydney rice?) I guess it all depends on the people who are involved in the trade. Its tough to find good info on dynasty leagues so i check into this thread often. But rarely do i see draft pick value discussed and trading for them.Keep up the great posts guys. I learn a lot here :thumbup:
If someone offered me Sid Rice for a top 5 rookie pick I wouldn't ever counter. I think you're going to have to do better than that. V Jacks would be a guy I'd throw out there and see if anyone would bite.

If someone offered me Sid Rice for a top 5 rookie pick I wouldn't ever counter. I think you're going to have to do better than that. V Jacks would be a guy I'd throw out there and see if anyone would bite.
Okay looks like i was way out of the ballpark.
Glorydays, Check out the 2012 completed dynasty trades thread. There is usually deals that involved draft picks and discussion about the trades.
Will do, thanks man :)

Not even sure I would give up a top five pick for vjax. If I was one piece away from a title then yes. Otherwise probably not.

Guys what is AP's value coming off a major injury? I am considering shopping him. He's got at least 3 more years as elite Rb. Thoughts?

Thoughts on Trent Richardson vs Larry Fitzgerald...
Fitzgerald is one of those guys that has more rankings value than actual value. Most have him as a top 7 overall player in dynasty rankings but I've not seen anyone able to get anywhere near that in actual trade value.

Curious to peoples thoughts, in a start 2qb league, ppr league, who goes #1, Andrew Luck or Trichardson?
Good chance that Richardson goes 3rd overall in that format.
Yeah, this is a really good question. All 3 are great prospects. All 3 are "once every few years" prospects. I think the smart choice is QB/QB/RB. Wesseling is already recommending that in 1 QB leagues. The safe choice, and the obvious choice for rebuilders, is QB.
I know this is an older post I am replying to, but I've been negligent in coming to this thread... :)I had 1.08 in my 2qb league and felt I wasn't gong to get my next "puzzle piece" at that pick. I've been one and done two years in a row in the playoffs, last year limping through on Big Ben's borked ankle, Freeman's ineffectiveness, and Bradford running for his life.So, with that in mind I traded up to 1.03 by giving Flynn/1.08.Dez blasted me in the completed trades thread, calling that an "awful deal", but I'm gambling on one of the top two picks drooling over Richardson, anad having either Luck or RG3 falling to me. At the very least I get Richardson, which is an outstanding consolation prize if the top two go QB/QB.In all honesty though, I just don't see how you can pass on Luck or RG3 with the first two picks in a start 2qb league. Even if you are an RG3 doubter, the news coming out of OTAs about his mistake free performances (not a one, not even a bad play) hae to give you some confidence.

Guys what is AP's value coming off a major injury? I am considering shopping him. He's got at least 3 more years as elite Rb. Thoughts?
way back in January I got DeSean Jackson, 2 first rounders, (pick 1.06 and 1.08) and Issac Redman for him. Not sure how his value has adjusted since

Thoughts on Trent Richardson vs Larry Fitzgerald...
Fitzgerald is one of those guys that has more rankings value than actual value. Most have him as a top 7 overall player in dynasty rankings but I've not seen anyone able to get anywhere near that in actual trade value.
Great point. Ive always thought it was odd when even FBG contributors contradict their own rankings in advising on trades. Case in point during last week's Audible they advised someone to hold Jonathan Stewart vs trading him for Jamaal Charles for what appeared to be a fairly good deal given their difference in ranking value.You see this also in how people treat players like Wes Welker in trade vs ranking.

Dez doesn't have a clue. Flynn and the 1.08 for the 1.03 is the perfect trade if you're trying to get one of the top 3 players in the draft. Don't pay any attention to that fool.

way back in January I got DeSean Jackson, 2 first rounders, (pick 1.06 and 1.08) and Issac Redman for him. Not sure how his value has adjusted since
Well, I am not sure if I'd take that deal even now... Don't you think he can command a top 3 pick + proven player?

Well, I am not sure if I'd take that deal even now... Don't you think he can command a top 3 pick + proven player?
No idea, he went in the late 2nd round in a dyno startup I was in recently. He has sever risk, and has a ton of miles on his legs. Maybe you could, maybe you couldnt, depends on the league.

no, you wont get that much for him. you might not even be able to get a top 3 pick alone for him.

'Lash said:
discount ADP at your own risk
reports certainly are positive about him, but we will see how his on the field translation is. RBs normally fall off a cliff quick, I for one think his best years are behind him and the injuries will start to mount even more

Glorydays,

Check out the 2012 completed dynasty trades thread. There is usually deals that involved draft picks and discussion about the trades.
I like startup drafts even better for gauging player value.
I agree. I have tracked over 30 startup drafts this offseason to gain ADP data. I know MFL publishes their own. but there's is a mix of rookie, startup and redrafts, so it is not really that reliable. I feel like I have a good grasp of the current value of nearly every player by following these drafts.

Realize I never posted Dynasty WR ranks before the draft in April. So here goes: 1 Calvin, 2 Julio, 3 Fitz, 4 Dez, 5 A.J. Green, 6 NicksDynasty WR ranks cont’d: 7 Harvin, 8 Wallace, 9 Andre Johnson, 10 G. Jennings, 11 Roddy, 12 Britt, 13 Maclin, 14 Bowe, 15 Cruz, 16 M. AustinDynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 17 Demaryius, 18 Jordy, 19 Marshall, 20 Blackmon, 21 Welker, 22 B. Lloyd, 23 Steve Smith, 24 DeSean 25 V-JaxDynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 26 Stevie J, 27 Denarius, 28 R. Cobb, 29 Torrey, 30 Colston, 31 Quick, 32 Decker, 33. K. Wright, 34. Michael FloydDynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 35 Holmes, 36 S. Rice, 37 Little, 38 Garcon, 39 Ant. Brown, 40 Meachem, 41 Crabtree, 42 DHB, 43 Stephen HillDynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 44 Jeffrey, 45 Titus, 46 Collie, 47 S. Moss, 48 Wayne, 49 R. Moss, 50 Mike Williams

Realize I never posted Dynasty WR ranks before the draft in April. So here goes: 1 Calvin, 2 Julio, 3 Fitz, 4 Dez, 5 A.J. Green, 6 Nicks

Dynasty WR ranks cont’d: 7 Harvin, 8 Wallace, 9 Andre Johnson, 10 G. Jennings, 11 Roddy, 12 Britt, 13 Maclin, 14 Bowe, 15 Cruz, 16 M. Austin

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 17 Demaryius, 18 Jordy, 19 Marshall, 20 Blackmon, 21 Welker, 22 B. Lloyd, 23 Steve Smith, 24 DeSean 25 V-Jax

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 26 Stevie J, 27 Denarius, 28 R. Cobb, 29 Torrey, 30 Colston, 31 Quick, 32 Decker, 33. K. Wright, 34. Michael Floyd

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 35 Holmes, 36 S. Rice, 37 Little, 38 Garcon, 39 Ant. Brown, 40 Meachem, 41 Crabtree, 42 DHB, 43 Stephen Hill

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 44 Jeffrey, 45 Titus, 46 Collie, 47 S. Moss, 48 Wayne, 49 R. Moss, 50 Mike Williams
Wow, that is a high ranking for Cobb. Interesting.

Cobb has Harvin like qualities. All he needs is to get on the field. His price/ranking will be even higher going forward........Buy now

Realize I never posted Dynasty WR ranks before the draft in April. So here goes: 1 Calvin, 2 Julio, 3 Fitz, 4 Dez, 5 A.J. Green, 6 Nicks

Dynasty WR ranks cont’d: 7 Harvin, 8 Wallace, 9 Andre Johnson, 10 G. Jennings, 11 Roddy, 12 Britt, 13 Maclin, 14 Bowe, 15 Cruz, 16 M. Austin

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 17 Demaryius, 18 Jordy, 19 Marshall, 20 Blackmon, 21 Welker, 22 B. Lloyd, 23 Steve Smith, 24 DeSean 25 V-Jax

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 26 Stevie J, 27 Denarius, 28 R. Cobb, 29 Torrey, 30 Colston, 31 Quick, 32 Decker, 33. K. Wright, 34. Michael Floyd

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 35 Holmes, 36 S. Rice, 37 Little, 38 Garcon, 39 Ant. Brown, 40 Meachem, 41 Crabtree, 42 DHB, 43 Stephen Hill

Dynasty WR Ranks Cont'd: 44 Jeffrey, 45 Titus, 46 Collie, 47 S. Moss, 48 Wayne, 49 R. Moss, 50 Mike Williams
Check out his twitter. He was pimping him pretty hard yesterday. Said that A. Brown for Cobb would be good deal for getting Cobb.

Dynasty WR ranks contd: 7 Harvin, 8 Wallace, 9 Andre Johnson, 10 G. Jennings, 11 Roddy, 12 Britt, 13 Maclin, 14 Bowe, 15 Cruz, 16 M. Austin

Check out his twitter. He was pimping him pretty hard yesterday. Said that A. Brown for Cobb would be good deal for getting Cobb.
Interesting as A-Brown is on avg a 5th round dynsty startup pick and Cobb a 12th round pick for the set of PPR leagues I am looking at.

Interesting as A-Brown is on avg a 5th round dynsty startup pick and Cobb a 12th round pick for the set of PPR leagues I am looking at.
nah, Cobb going 6th or 7th in our PPR startups just this month

If you believe in him having elite talent, something I want to believe, but am not sure just yet, then it makes sense. He is on a team with arguably the game's best QB and in an offense that likes to throw. Driver will most likely be displaced this year and James Jones isn't too far behind. Jennings is 28, so in two or three years one can imagine that Cobb will become a starter. Again, if you think he will be elite then he is worth buying now. He could produce fantasy worth numbers from the slot if he can become the regular starter in that role.

nah, Cobb going 6th or 7th in our PPR startups just this month
I am talking FFPC dynasty leagues 5 of them went off in May Cobb ADP was 12.07

If you believe in him having elite talent, something I want to believe, but am not sure just yet, then it makes sense. He is on a team with arguably the game's best QB and in an offense that likes to throw. Driver will most likely be displaced this year and James Jones isn't too far behind. Jennings is 28, so in two or three years one can imagine that Cobb will become a starter. Again, if you think he will be elite then he is worth buying now. He could produce fantasy worth numbers from the slot if he can become the regular starter in that role.
Wait, so what price are you willing to pay for a guy who you can imagine will become a starter in 2-3 years? Seems like kind of a long time to wait, no?

Users who are viewing this thread