What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (2 Viewers)

Where do we put a kid like Cobb? He is young (22), super talented and on the league's best offense.Top 12?
15-20 for me. Really good player, but not sold that he's a #1 WR in the NFL. He owes a lot of his production this season to Jennings being out. What I do like is the situation and the playmaking skills. As guys like Hernandez, Welker, and Decker demonstrate, a good player paired with an elite QB can put up some great numbers. And that's Cobb in a nutshell.

picked up stevie johnson this weekend. disappointing first effort, but i like picking up clear no. 1 WRs. they are hard to trade for.
Someone dropped Stevie Johnson in a dynasty league? Seriously? :confused:
He meant picked up as in traded for. I think. I assume.
lol, yeah, sorry. traded for. a low draft pick next year. (4th out of 6 rounds)
So, someone gave him away for a 4th rounder? Dropping him would have been a better move. Great deal for you, obviously.

Where do we put a kid like Cobb? He is young (22), super talented and on the league's best offense.Top 12?
15-20 for me. Really good player, but not sold that he's a #1 WR in the NFL. He owes a lot of his production this season to Jennings being out. What I do like is the situation and the playmaking skills. As guys like Hernandez, Welker, and Decker demonstrate, a good player paired with an elite QB can put up some great numbers. And that's Cobb in a nutshell.
I disagree with this. Being a Packer fan, I watched quite a bit of Cobb highlight films from Kentucky. Also saw him play every game last year. I thought much the same thing EBF did until a few weeks into this season. His burst/quickness has dramatically improved this year. I'd bet that if he were to redo the combine right now, he'd be far quicker and faster than he was coming out. (not that it was bad then). He's not just a Percy Harvin light anymore. He's got the burst and the skills to be just as good as Harvin.

'Concept Coop said:
How high are people moving Doug Martin up after his last 4 games? I haven't had a chance to watch the Raider game yet, but hope to this week. I'll have an opinion to share then.
I didn't watch the entire game. But from what I saw, Martin ran tough. He showed good quickness, and was difficult to tackle.

'Concept Coop said:
How high are people moving Doug Martin up after his last 4 games? I haven't had a chance to watch the Raider game yet, but hope to this week. I'll have an opinion to share then.
I didn't watch the entire game. But from what I saw, Martin ran tough. He showed good quickness, and was difficult to tackle.
He also had giant gaping holes to run through too. Not taking anything away from the guy, but the Raiders D-Line was pushed around like they were college freshmen that game.

'Concept Coop said:
No more McFadden/Stewart, please! ;)How high are people moving Doug Martin up after his last 4 games? I haven't had a chance to watch the Raider game yet, but hope to this week. I'll have an opinion to share then. Tier 1? 1st round startup pick?
He was around 10-12 among RB's for me preseason, he's still behind the top 5 imho but he's the clear #6 now.

'Cowboys#1 said:
Definitely top 20, not sure if he's top 12 or not, good argument though. Still games to play and it isn't like his owners are selling him anyway. I was higher on him than most, think I had him #30 preseason, so I'll bet there aren't many that have him in their top 12 now.

Mark Ingram looked damn good last night. He is a very good talent and will get a shot. We need to buy now, if we want the most value. Well, maybe we should have last week.

I know the Eagles didn't play well, and Chris Ivory looked solid too. But those watching the game - was Ingram not impressive? I also liked what I saw when he stayed in to block, which he hasn't done much to this point in his career. That 10 second split that was drooled over at the combine really showed. Great burst. I've always been a fan, but last night was a nice reminder why.

Mark Ingram looked damn good last night. He is a very good talent and will get a shot. We need to buy now, if we want the most value. Well, maybe we should have last week.I know the Eagles didn't play well, and Chris Ivory looked solid too. But those watching the game - was Ingram not impressive? I also liked what I saw when he stayed in to block, which he hasn't done much to this point in his career. That 10 second split that was drooled over at the combine really showed. Great burst. I've always been a fan, but last night was a nice reminder why.
I don't think right now is the time to buy, the entire country just saw him have a solid game last night. Let him be an after thought in the gameplan a couple of times in a row again and then strike. Besides, I really don't think he is going to be an asset as long as he's in New Orleans. Unless he's traded he will need to wait for his first contract to end, so there could be a window there to get him until at least midseason 2013.

Mark Ingram looked damn good last night. He is a very good talent and will get a shot. We need to buy now, if we want the most value. Well, maybe we should have last week.I know the Eagles didn't play well, and Chris Ivory looked solid too. But those watching the game - was Ingram not impressive? I also liked what I saw when he stayed in to block, which he hasn't done much to this point in his career. That 10 second split that was drooled over at the combine really showed. Great burst. I've always been a fan, but last night was a nice reminder why.
I agree, he looked very good, but I still think his situation stinks. Even with Sproles out he only got 1/3rd of the touches, and everyone else looked good as well. I don't see his situation changing anytime soon.

I agree, he looked very good, but I still think his situation stinks. Even with Sproles out he only got 1/3rd of the touches, and everyone else looked good as well. I don't see his situation changing anytime soon.
Situation sucks. But he is still only 22, I think. Younger than Doug Martin. As an owner, I am hoping Peyton has bigger plans for Ingram. Even the 225 touches he was on pace for as a rookie would be enough for him to produce, if they used him as they did last night. He showed that he can make plays as a receiver, and looked good in pass protection. Those are two reasons why Thomas is getting more burn, I have to think. Ingram (and Ivory, for that matter) adds a toughness to that offense that Thomas doesn't.

right now is the time to buy, the entire country just saw him have a solid game last night. Let him be an after thought in the gameplan a couple of times in a row again and then strike. Besides, I really don't think he is going to be an asset as long as he's in New Orleans. Unless he's traded he will need to wait for his first contract to end, so there could be a window there to get him until at least midseason 2013.

I think it is a gamble to wait until the off-season. At the very least, there will be speculation that Ingram will get a bigger role, and I expect him to.

New Orleans has to make some changes and I think they had planned on it when they drafted Ingram. There is potential for them to take another step towards those changes during the off-season.

Still think its too early to tell on him but he looked no better than Ivory or Thomas. Not sure what that means except the Eagles run defense looked like garbage. Saints just dont run the ball more than 20 times a game and thats best case. They also like to use 3 backs pretty equally in any given game. Hard to make a fantasy case on 7 carries a game. id be selling him after last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a gamble to wait until the off-season. At the very least, there will be speculation that Ingram will get a bigger role, and I expect him to. New Orleans has to make some changes and I think they had planned on it when they drafted Ingram. There is potential for them to take another step towards those changes during the off-season.
I'm hoping there's a couple of lemons coming up and I can get him around Thanksgiving, I'd rather not wait until the offseason but a good performance is fresh in his owners' mind so now may be a tough time to plant the seed. Keep ignoring him then try to get him as a throw-in later this month.

Situation sucks. But he is still only 22, I think. Younger than Doug Martin. As an owner, I am hoping Peyton has bigger plans for Ingram. Even the 225 touches he was on pace for as a rookie would be enough for him to produce, if they used him as they did last night. He showed that he can make plays as a receiver, and looked good in pass protection. Those are two reasons why Thomas is getting more burn, I have to think. Ingram (and Ivory, for that matter) adds a toughness to that offense that Thomas doesn't.
The potential is certainly there, I just think it's going to take either another injury (or two) or a few years for him to get enough of a chance to be startable. Last night was by far the best he's looked this year, but he didn't really differentiate himself- everyone who ran the ball looked good as well.

Still think its too early to tell on him but he looked no better than Ivory or Thomas. Not sure what that means except the Eagles run defense looked like garbage. Saints just dont run the ball more than 20 times a game and thats best case. They also like to use 3 backs pretty equally in any given game. Hard to make a fantasy case on 7 carries a game. id be selling him after last night.
The Saints love Ivory for a reason. I don't think he is the reason to be down on Ingram that he looked to be last year. I don't think "Ivory looked good too" carries as much weight. I like Ivory too, and would look to stash him where I can, along with Ingram. I could see a team like the Rams signing Ivory to pair with Pead/Richardson, for example. But there was a difference between he and Ingram. Ivory is more top heavy and less balanced than Ingram. I also think Ingram is a better weapon out of the backfield, as he showed at Bama. I think Ingram has more 3-down potential than Ivory, and is the more talented back. But, again, I like Ivory too, as do the Saints.

The Saints love Ivory for a reason. I don't think he is the reason to be down on Ingram that he looked to be last year. I don't think "Ivory looked good too" carries as much weight. I like Ivory too, and would look to stash him where I can, along with Ingram. I could see a team like the Rams signing Ivory to pair with Pead/Richardson, for example. But there was a difference between he and Ingram. Ivory is more top heavy and less balanced than Ingram. I also think Ingram is a better weapon out of the backfield, as he showed at Bama. I think Ingram has more 3-down potential than Ivory, and is the more talented back. But, again, I like Ivory too, as do the Saints.
Just not sure id put too much stock in one game, the other 7 hes played this year have been pretty abysmal as a whole. So is it him or the Eagles. Looked like their defense gave up out there to me, hance comparing him to the other two backs. If everyone looks good maybe its as much the defense as the guys running. he had some huge holes to run through and some of the worst tackling ive seen out there.

To me, they both looked strong. Was impressed a lot by Ivory... sort of wondering what they've been doing with the guy all year. Yeah the Eagles looked terrible against anyone running, but Ivory had good burst, ran really hard, seemed to set the tone for the Saints' running game.

Also liked to see Ivory in as the closer when they had the lead late. With that offense, that should happen fairly frequently, especially if the D brings that kind of pressure week to week (and yes, I realize Philly's line is an absolute mess, but blitzing can still reap benefits for teams - those Saints defenses of a few years ago blitzed like crazy). Regardless, the closer role adds one potential way to add some production to Ivory's three-way split of the carries, assuming they're not dumb enough to ignore 48 yards on 10 carries, and the clear lift he gave the offense.

I stupidly dropped him last week for Travaris Cadet in a PPR, thinking Cadet would get more work... wish I had that one back. Now I've got to hope to get Ivory back off waivers.

Seems like a talent... and as we all know, bet on talent in the long run. Situations change.

Probably not going to post about this team in the dyno rosters thread because the league is just way too complicated but I did just trade for Larry Fitzgerald on a team that is now in sell mode. By my count I would need to win-out and get some luck to make the playoffs. Only 4-5 and 4 close losses, but I'm way behind the top 6 in points and the worst record among them is 6-3, so I'm basically 3 games behind with 4 to go. The other 5 are way back so there is clearly some separation in this league now.

Anyway, I got Fitz and Cushing for Steve Smith and Decker. Fitz is locked in for 3 more years at a reasonable cost, I way over paid for Steve Smith in the offseason to fill a void at WR so getting out from that contract will give an extra 10% in cap space for offseason bidding, Cushing is due a contract extension at season's end - I have one to spare, my trading partner did not, and Decker will be due an extension after 2013.

Basically this comes down to - how many more years does Smith have as a top 25 WR? will the next 3 years of Fitz > the next 6 years of Decker? and will Cushing bounce back to a top 20 LB? and how do I spend the extra $ freed up? If I get even just 2 of those 4 I think this was the right move for me, especially if I'm able to find a young WR to replace Fitz in 3 years in one of the next two drafts.

Just not sure id put too much stock in one game, the other 7 hes played this year have been pretty abysmal as a whole. So is it him or the Eagles. Looked like their defense gave up out there to me, hance comparing him to the other two backs. If everyone looks good maybe its as much the defense as the guys running. he had some huge holes to run through and some of the worst tackling ive seen out there.
I have watched a good deal of Ingram this year, and it's hard to judge him, based on use. He's really just been a short yardage back. They haven't even had games to use him as a closer. They haven't given him much opportunity to get in space, either. And I think when guy has had 170 or so career carries, we have to use what we saw in college as well. And Ingram looked like he was going to be a good one.

I have watched a good deal of Ingram this year, and it's hard to judge him, based on use. He's really just been a short yardage back. They haven't even had games to use him as a closer. They haven't given him much opportunity to get in space, either.

And I think when guy has had 170 or so career carries, we have to use what we saw in college as well. And Ingram looked like he was going to be a good one.
They didn't use him as the closer last night either... Ivory had that role, and looked strong in it. Ivory's the guy I'd buy right now... mostly because you can probably get him off waivers. He's a RFA next year, and situation could change quite a bit.

They didn't use him as the closer last night either... Ivory had that role, and looked strong in it. Ivory's the guy I'd buy right now... mostly because you can probably get him off waivers. He's a RFA next year, and situation could change quite a bit.
I agree Ivory is a buy. But he has had 10 carries on the season. I don't think we can use 4 carries in the 4th of one game to call Ivory the closer.

Whats the #1 waiver position worth in a dynasty league?

I don't particularly want it as I've found in the 1.5 seasons I've been involved in this league that there has been only 1 player worth using it on (and I had the #2 spot at the time) and it has inhibited me from making speculative picks between our off-season draft and the beginning of the season to fill out my roster.

Does it matter if the person who wants it is in a rebuilding mode as opposed to "win now" mode?

alshon jeffrey or ryan broyles for the rest of their careers?broyles, jeffrey or titus young?
I'd probably go Broyles, Jeffrey, Young with a gun to my head.Jeffrey is the one with the potential to be a real #1 WR but I think Broyles has more value as likely one of the top possession guys in the league, similar to a Harvin or Welker. He's a safer bet. I don't like Young as a talent very much and believe he will take a backseat with Calvin and Johnson also in the lineup.

'dm5220 said:
Whats the #1 waiver position worth in a dynasty league? I don't particularly want it as I've found in the 1.5 seasons I've been involved in this league that there has been only 1 player worth using it on (and I had the #2 spot at the time) and it has inhibited me from making speculative picks between our off-season draft and the beginning of the season to fill out my roster.Does it matter if the person who wants it is in a rebuilding mode as opposed to "win now" mode?
Depends on the time of the year and the depth of the league. In the first 3-4 weeks, #1 priority is worth as much as an early 2nd, IMO. After that, it's probably on par with a 3rd.

'dm5220 said:
Whats the #1 waiver position worth in a dynasty league? I don't particularly want it as I've found in the 1.5 seasons I've been involved in this league that there has been only 1 player worth using it on (and I had the #2 spot at the time) and it has inhibited me from making speculative picks between our off-season draft and the beginning of the season to fill out my roster.Does it matter if the person who wants it is in a rebuilding mode as opposed to "win now" mode?
Depends on the time of the year and the depth of the league. In the first 3-4 weeks, #1 priority is worth as much as an early 2nd, IMO. After that, it's probably on par with a 3rd.
just looked at your rankings SSOG ... do you still rank them Titus Young, Alshon Jeffrey, Ryan Broyles in that order?

just looked at your rankings SSOG ... do you still rank them Titus Young, Alshon Jeffrey, Ryan Broyles in that order?
Those aren't his rankings. Can't remember the guy's name, but I know their not SSOG's.
Jason Kirsner. He has an account here, but doesn't post much. Smart guy, though- really solid rankings. I'd rank them Jeffrey, Broyles, then Young. Although I'm not super-enthusiastic about any of them.

So, who to follow for good dynasty discussion on Twitter?
SSOG
I agree, and I have been following him. He doesn't really Tweet much, though. I follow FnL, too. Before yesterday they were about the only dynasty guys I followed. Now I'm following the DLF guys. Who else is out there?
I do need to tweet more. The problem is that I don't really have a very twitter-friendly thought process. Too long, not very spontaneous. You'll notice around here that I'm much more likely to respond to other people's conversation trains than I am to start some of my own (and the ones I do start are rarely concise). With that said, I have it set up to get alerts whenever I get tweeted, and I try to respond very quickly, so any time anyone wants to start a dialogue, Twitter is a good way to reach me.

SSOG
I agree, and I have been following him. He doesn't really Tweet much, though. I follow FnL, too. Before yesterday they were about the only dynasty guys I followed. Now I'm following the DLF guys. Who else is out there?
I was going to suggest the DLF guys, since I am one of them :)You can check the list of guys I follow. Other than a couple of UK basketball Tweeps, mine is almost exclusively guys always discussing dynasty topics.

Probably depends on the league some too... joined a dynasty this year and inherited the 6th spot (I think). Number 1 waiver was used twice this year - first time for Andre Brown, second time for Brandon Bolden.16-teams with fairly deep rosters though, so the likelihood you're going to get someone to explode out of nowhere, IMO, is pretty low. So, I got as high as 2nd, but found myself missing some guys (Zuerlein earlier this year) because someone with a lower priority was actually using waivers, whereas I simply sat on my #2 spot and waited for guys to clear.In the long run, probably didn't matter much, but I cashed it in last night for Ivory, and I'm not regretting it at all (regretting dropping Ivory to set myself up for that, but that's a different story). Now I can actually set waivers to run...Just think the value of that varies league to league, manager to manager. Like SSOG said, probably worth more early on while there's a lot more volatility, but hwen I saw the two guys that went with #1 in my league, that helped me the most in determining the value.

alshon jeffrey or ryan broyles for the rest of their careers?broyles, jeffrey or titus young?
I think Jeffery has the highest ceiling, personally. Marshall's been crazy before off-the-field. Is it that far fetched to think it could happen again, and he's facing suspension?Jeffery dominated the SEC with a sub-par QB, and was considered in the running with Julio and AJ Green for best WR in college football as a junior. Comes back for his senior year, QB play nose dives, his production falls, then all of the sudden there's questions about his speed, ability to separate, weight, etc.Point being, I don't think he's Julio or AJ Green (obviously), but I do think his star has dimmed a lot because of circumstances, not talent.Young to me seems like a DeSean Jackson type, and will always be second fiddle to Calvin, and possibly splitting the second-fiddle work wiht Broyles.Standard, I'd go Jeffery, Young, Broyles. PPR I'd reverse Young and Broyles. But personally, I'd take Jeffery.

I don't like any of those guys, but would probably take Young even though I don't think he'll ever be a #1.

I don't think Jeffery is athletic enough to separate from good NFL corners. He does have a more prototypical #1 WR frame than either Young or Broyles though.

SSOG
I was going to suggest the DLF guys, since I am one of them :)You can check the list of guys I follow. Other than a couple of UK basketball Tweeps, mine is almost exclusively guys always discussing dynasty topics.
Sorry to offend you, but which DLF guy are you? :)

SSOG
No offense taken. Only reason I was not specific was because I had the Twitter link in my sig. I'm @RyanMc23 on Twitter. You can find the links to all DLF Twitter accounts at the bottom of our home page.

SSOG
No offense taken. Only reason I was not specific was because I had the Twitter link in my sig. I'm @RyanMc23 on Twitter. You can find the links to all DLF Twitter accounts at the bottom of our home page.
Doh! Didn't see that. Thanks

I play in a pretty deep league where QBs are king (we can start up to 3 QBs each game) so much to the point that the 20th ranked QB has scored more points this season than the 6th ranked RB or the 10th ranked WR.

I've been offered 2 1st round picks that are likely to be within the top 3-5 for Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is my #3 QB (#1 and #2 are Brees and Brady) and my next best player to start in his stead is an inconsistent RB who averages about 60% of Tannehill's points. I'm currently the #2 team in my league, so the points right now are pretty important, but the lure of potentially turning Tannehill into Geno Smith + Gio Bernard is tempting.

Would you make this deal?

I play in a pretty deep league where QBs are king (we can start up to 3 QBs each game) so much to the point that the 20th ranked QB has scored more points this season than the 6th ranked RB or the 10th ranked WR. I've been offered 2 1st round picks that are likely to be within the top 3-5 for Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is my #3 QB (#1 and #2 are Brees and Brady) and my next best player to start in his stead is an inconsistent RB who averages about 60% of Tannehill's points. I'm currently the #2 team in my league, so the points right now are pretty important, but the lure of potentially turning Tannehill into Geno Smith + Gio Bernard is tempting.Would you make this deal?
Assistant Coach ;)Given the upside Tannehill has shown, and my personal dislike for the top of next class, I would probably keep Tannehill tbh. Given QBs score ridiculously high, as well as the fact that you can start three (And you only have three starters), I personally don't see the value in next years firsts.Perhaps look to trade for players instead if you can still nab one of the higher picks. Someone should be able to offer a decent, young RB for Tannehill given QBs are rated so highly. You sound like you're competing NOW, but your QBs are getting on a bit age-wise. Tannehill is a good, young prospect that will replace them.

I did a quick non-PPR top 10+ RB ranking, due to a trade I am working on. Wanted some thoughts:

McCoy

Foster

Richardson

Rice

Martin

Peterson

Charles

Spiller

Lynch

Murray

Morris

Forte

Matthews

McFadden

MJD

Ridley

i like lynch much more than charles and spiller in your rankings. lynch is still young (26)and putting up great numbers. his QB is putting up respectable numbers too. charles is dealing with such uncertainty across the board. for spiller's part, he's got the history of injury.

Users who are viewing this thread