What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: Kellen Mond, Vikings (1 Viewer)

Asked if he wanted to get rookie QB Kellen Mond playing time in Week 18, Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said "not particularly."

"I see him every day," Zimmer said in response to a follow-up question on why he wouldn't want Mond to get some regular season playing time in the Vikings' meaningless Week 18 game against the Bears. It was an ice-cold response from a coach who will surely be fired at season's end after two straight seasons in which his team missed the playoffs. Zimmer's inglorious run as Minnesota's head coach was doomed by a forced marriage between him and Kirk Cousins, who missed the team's critical Week 17 game against the Packers with COVID-19. Zimmer chose Sean Mannion over Mond -- the team's second-round draft pick -- despite Mannion's disastrous track record. The Vikings will likely start from scratch in 2022.  

RELATED: 

Sean Mannion

, Kirk Cousins

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Jan 3, 2022, 9:13 AM ET

This is why ZImmer needs to go.

Sure maybe Kellen Mond is not ready to start but when the alternative is Sean Mannion it is time to get the young QB some reps and help the team evaluate him as far as if he has a future with the team or not.

Sure Zimmer might not care about the future of the Vikings since its not likely going to include him but this decision is not helping the team find out what they have in Mond for the future.

This is why ZImmer needs to go.

Sure maybe Kellen Mond is not ready to start but when the alternative is Sean Mannion it is time to get the young QB some reps and help the team evaluate him as far as if he has a future with the team or not.

Sure Zimmer might not care about the future of the Vikings since its not likely going to include him but this decision is not helping the team find out what they have in Mond for the future.
As a Mond owner, I has disappoint. :(  

As a Mond owner, I has disappoint. :(  
I wouldn't be. Reasonable minds can disagree but this organization has a tendency of throwing young QBs to the wolves behind one of the worst pass protection lines in the NFL. I'd almost rather not risk ruining the young guy when there is no pocket to step into. Suspect he'll (unfortunately) end up playing against a Chicago DL that the Vikes have been atrocious against. Cliff notes: He'll look bad, and lord willing won't develop happy feet and begin to check down everything out of self preservation.

Users who are viewing this thread