What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rookie #6 (1 Viewer)

Dynasty Rookie #6

• Chris Johnson, RB - Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Felix Jones, RB - Cowboys

• Matt Ryan, QB - Facons

• Ray Rice, RB - Ravens

• James Hardy, WR - Bills

• Devin Thomas, WR - Redskins

• Other (explain who)

• Total voters

Mr. Peterson

Footballguy
1. Darren McFadden, RB - Raiders

2. Jonathan Stewart, RB - Panthers

3. Rashard Mendenhall, RB - Steelers

4. Kevin Smith, RB - Lions

5. Matt Forte, RB - Bears

This is definitely the spot where selections are going to deviate. Ray Rice appears to be the safe pick here.

What do people like about Felix Jones over Chris Johnson? Felix will get to play right away, but it's MBIII's team and he'll never be the main guy there. Chris Johnson should immediately be more of a factor in TEN.

What do people like about Felix Jones over Chris Johnson? Felix will get to play right away, but it's MBIII's team and he'll never be the main guy there. Chris Johnson should immediately be more of a factor in TEN.
MB III is a free agent next year, and I believe Felix is the superior talent. Unless this is PPR, I see no reason to take Johnson over Felix. :lmao:

:lmao: MB3 is on a one year contract, and 20 million apart. Felix could very well be the guy there next season. Not saying he will be, but to say he never will be is kinda shortsighted.Chris Johnson has less of a chance making an impact that Jones. Johnson played weaker competition, is smaller, and is on a worse team.

This is definitely the spot where selections are going to deviate. Ray Rice appears to be the safe pick here.
How is Ray Rice safer than Felix Jones?
Bloom scared me away from Felix Jones.Plus I've seen Ray Rice play many times on the college level and I'm a fan of his talent.
Even from the almighty Bloom, I think this is unjustified. Rice's only chance to get significant playing time is if McGahee goes down. Jones should contribute right away. Plus, Barber's contract situation is far more uncertaing than McGahee's. I have watched Jones in college and am a fan of his talent. I am not saying I do not like Rice's talent, but I think Felix is the superior talent in the superior situation.

:ph34r: MB3 is on a one year contract, and 20 million apart. Felix could very well be the guy there next season. Not saying he will be, but to say he never will be is kinda shortsighted.Chris Johnson has less of a chance making an impact that Jones. Johnson played weaker competition, is smaller, and is on a worse team.
But with the Monopoly money way that the salary cap keeps going up, does this really matter? Hell, it'll probably be a cap of $200 million in a year or two!

Looks like Felix is gonna run away with this one. I'm gonna move on to the next one.

The next poll should get a little interesting.

;) MB3 is on a one year contract, and 20 million apart. Felix could very well be the guy there next season. Not saying he will be, but to say he never will be is kinda shortsighted.Chris Johnson has less of a chance making an impact that Jones. Johnson played weaker competition, is smaller, and is on a worse team.
Here's the thing - if Dallas had planned on not eventually ponying up the money for MBIII then they would have drafted Mendenhall instead. Taking Felix over Mendenhall gives me the impression that they were looking for a complementary back (albeit a very good one) and not a future feature back. I think that barring an injury to MBIII that Felix will play the role of COP and 3rd down back for the Cowboys. Johnson is in a similar situation in TEN however I see him having an easier time taking carries away from LenDale than Felix does with MBIII.

Users who are viewing this thread