What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trades you offered that you thought were fair, but you got la (1 Viewer)

He was hurt last year and will get the same amount of targets this year on a new team with a young up and coming QB instead of an old fading one. Should improve his already stellar numbers this year. 20 TDs is not out of the question.

So you think Seattle is going to start chucking the ball up 650 times this year? Very sound logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't admit it, but Graham's owners know it's over.

I've been offered him in prettymuch every dynasty league I'm in. Every offer comes with the same "20+ points a week difference maker" price he commanded last year. I have to assume many leaguemates got a similar offer. He hasn't been moved anywhere yet.

Sorry guys, but he's much closer to Greg Olsen than Gronk now. Maybe he still is TE2, but that probably means there's one difference maker at TE, and then everyone else.

So you think Seattle is going to start chucking the ball up 650 times this year? Very sound logic.
The logic being used is that Wilson scored less than a point HIGHER than Brees last year in my league. Why does he have to throw more? Graham is the best weapon he's had thus far. Pretty sound logic if you ask me.........especially considering most think there will be more of a shift in the passing game in Seattle's offense over the next couple years. I don't recall Brees doing what Brees does now his first few years in the league. I remember LT being the focus of the offense. I also remember Gates being the #1 TE. So......yeah. Still very sound logic.

I offered Megatron and my 3.2 for his 1.3 and 2.3 picks. Rejected

He wanted Megatron and give his 3.3 pick. Um no Rejected.

The logic being used is that Wilson scored less than a point HIGHER than Brees last year in my league. Why does he have to throw more? Graham is the best weapon he's had thus far. Pretty sound logic if you ask me.........especially considering most think there will be more of a shift in the passing game in Seattle's offense over the next couple years. I don't recall Brees doing what Brees does now his first few years in the league. I remember LT being the focus of the offense. I also remember Gates being the #1 TE. So......yeah. Still very sound logic.
So you don't think Russell's rushing yards had anything to do with that? It's hard to say what Graham will do in Seattle but before last season he and Gronk were on the same TE tier. Right now Gronk is in a tier all by himself so yes Graham's perceived value has diminished even if his true value may not have.

How many targets do you expect Graham to see this year?
The same Gates received in his prime.
Well your going to be disappointed then.

Jimmy Graham days of elite IMO are done. He may be the current census te2 right now but I think there is little chance he actually scores in the top 3 spots for a TE this season. Russel Wilson does not feed anyone. Graham is going to be doubled and tripled as thier only real receiving option.

NO would go deep when a team doubled Graham and often made them pay. That's not realistic to think Seattle can do this.

Your in denial very badly. Nothing about those past Chargers teams and these Seahawks teams are even close to the same. Last year it was Gronk and Graham as 1 and 1a and an argument could have been made for either. Now it is Gronk about 2 miles then Graham and everyone else.

We'll see. If I'm wrong I'm man enough to admit it. Just because a handful of people disagree with my opinion doesn't mean I'm in denial. Let the season play out.

I am saying you are in denial about what he is worth right now. He has lost a lot of value since last year. He could get it back, but odds are against it.

PPR league. Offered L.Miller for A.Ellington and 2.01. Might slightly be in my favor, but was told it was a 'terrible offer'. Of course, this guy tried to trade Ellington to me last season AFTER he was out for the year with his 3.3 YPC for 1.03 and 1.06, so he likely has no idea what he's doing, lol

msudaisy26 said:
SproutDaddy said:
Your in denial very badly. Nothing about those past Chargers teams and these Seahawks teams are even close to the same. Last year it was Gronk and Graham as 1 and 1a and an argument could have been made for either. Now it is Gronk about 2 miles then Graham and everyone else.
Graham is going to get fed. They didn't give up what they did to have him block. I agree he is no longer 1b to Gronk's 1a, but while his receptions may go down a bit, I expect his TDs to stay the same or even go up slightly.

Offered Sammy Watkins for the 1.01. Was told it would take at least 2 of my top WR (OBJ, Demaryius, Evans, Watkins). Or Demaryius+1.04. I may have added a little since I'm thin at RB and am very high on Gurley but we were miles apart.

msudaisy26 said:
SproutDaddy said:
Graham is going to get fed. They didn't give up what they did to have him block. I agree he is no longer 1b to Gronk's 1a, but while his receptions may go down a bit, I expect his TDs to stay the same or even go up slightly.
Graham has averaged 11.5 TDs the past four years with Brees throwing 40.5 TDs / year over that span. Wilson has averaged 24 TDs / year as a starter.

Re: Graham's value, I find it incredible that there are actually people arguing that it didn't take a massive hit. He's gone from a 5000 / 40 offense to a 3500 / 25 offense. His numbers are taking a hit. The points at the top end are what makes him (or any FF stud) so valuable. A dropoff from say 250 points to 200 doesn't represent a 20% decline in actual FF value (points over baseline) -- it's more like 50% (those aren't projections, just random #s to illustrate a point). Graham is just a safer Martellus Bennett or Greg Olsen now.

msudaisy26 said:
I am saying you are in denial about what he is worth right now. He has lost a lot of value since last year. He could get it back, but odds are against it.
Correct. His a value obviously decreased. Painfully obvious it decreased

Re: Graham's value, I find it incredible that there are actually people arguing that it didn't take a massive hit. He's gone from a 5000 / 40 offense to a 3500 / 25 offense. His numbers are taking a hit. The points at the top end are what makes him (or any FF stud) so valuable. A dropoff from say 250 points to 200 doesn't represent a 20% decline in actual FF value (points over baseline) -- it's more like 50% (those aren't projections, just random #s to illustrate a point). Graham is just a safer Martellus Bennett or Greg Olsen now.
Now that they have Graham, you don't expect them to throw a little more? The reason they ran it so much was they just didn't have any quality WRs/TEs. Now they do. I'm not saying his numbers are not going to decline, but I don't think they're going to decline as much as some people think or are predicting.

Graham has averaged 11.5 TDs the past four years with Brees throwing 40.5 TDs / year over that span. Wilson has averaged 24 TDs / year as a starter.
This thread has shown reason won't get in the way of Graham owners.
Owning a player that takes a downgrade in an NFL trade or FA signing isn't fun. But sometimes you just have to deal with it. Being indignant doesn't endear you to anyone trade-wise. I mean, if you want to try to sell me Graham or Maclin or similar based on last year's value, and I reject saying their value took a hit, arguing that point like it doesn't exist makes me not want to deal with you anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that they have Graham, you don't expect them to throw a little more? The reason they ran it so much was they just didn't have any quality WRs/TEs. Now they do. I'm not saying his numbers are not going to decline, but I don't think they're going to decline as much as some people think or are predicting.
Nobody is saying he's going to be pedestrian. The point is, he's not going to be "surefire first rounder because he scores you 20+ points a week Jimmy Graham" anymore. He's almost certain to be a good FF TE now. Just like 4 or 5 other guys after Gronk.

Don't try using logic in here. The consensus is never wrong.Bottom line is people who want to trade for him don't want to pay what he's worth because he's no long in a pass happy offense.

Don't try using logic in here. The consensus is never wrong.Bottom line is people who want to trade for him don't want to pay what he's worth because he's no long in a pass happy offense.
And I'm not saying he'll still be Gronk's equal because he won't. But for me, he's still the clear #2 FF TE

2QB

Kaepernick and 1.04 for Flacco and 1.11

Kaepernick and 1.04 for Bridgewater and 1.12

Kaepernick and 1.04 for Roethlisberger and 1.13

The consensus is what determines Graham's trade value and right or wrong the consensus is that Graham's trade value took a massive hit with the trade to Seattle. Then again it only takes one in your league to like him to get fair value for him.

2QB

Not laughable but understandably undesirable, depending on what people think of Kaep. I think I'd prefer Kaep and the pick on 1 and 3, but prefer TB on the other.

msudaisy26 said:
Ray Finkle said:
2QB

Wow, pretty sure I would take Kap in all those deals and I am not high on him.
Yeah I'm just not sure why he would be laughed at for making those offers. Unless he owns the other 3 and made those offers to the Kaep owner. Totally reasonable in all cases.

msudaisy26 said:
Ray Finkle said:
2QB

Wow, pretty sure I would take Kap in all those deals and I am not high on him.
Yeah I'm just not sure why he would be laughed at for making those offers. Unless he owns the other 3 and made those offers to the Kaep owner. Totally reasonable in all cases.
I'm the Kaepernick owner - happy to see I'm not taking crazy pills.

Users who are viewing this thread