What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

I think he will end up being a first round startup pick, mid to late.
Wondering what else people would trade it for if getting pick #2. What else would have to be added for you?
I'd think at least a future 1st or maybe another current 1st around pick 4-5

In my 16 team SF TE-P IDP start-up, my glaring need is TE. I'm running out a motley crew of Colby Parkinson, Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith, and some flotsam behind them.

I'm pretty loaded at WR, with AJB, Lamb, and Puka leading the squad.

Team "4 starting caliber TEs" loves AJB. How much more than LaPorta is AJB worth? What might I have to kick value-wise (picks/players) in to get LaPorta + Higgons for AJB + ? Figured the dynasty value topic was the right spot to inquire about the difference in value.

I may just stand pat, but it feels like a deal could be worked out here. Team LaPorta is loaded at TE and is really frustrated by Tee Higgings, who could be a nice buy-low. Would it be an insult to offer up AJB for Higgns+LaPorta?

In my 16 team SF TE-P IDP start-up, my glaring need is TE. I'm running out a motley crew of Colby Parkinson, Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith, and some flotsam behind them.

Team "4 starting caliber TEs" loves AJB. How much more than LaPorta is AJB worth? What might I have to kick value-wise (picks/players) in to get LaPorta + Higgons for AJB + ? Figured the dynasty value topic was the right spot to inquire about the difference in value.

I may just stand pat, but it feels like a deal could be worked out here. Team LaPorta is loaded at TE and is really frustrated by Tee Higgings, who could be a nice buy-low. Would it be an insult to offer up AJB for Higgns+LaPorta?

Not an insult at all as AJB is a stud but I think it makes sense to add another piece that you can live without be it something like a #2 or a young prospect type to move the needle a little more.

In TE Premium, I think you can make a case that AJB for LaPorta straight up would be a fair offer.

In TE Premium, I think you can make a case that AJB for LaPorta straight up would be a fair offer.

Just realized that it is TE-premium so that definitely changes things.

Some dynasty leagues open up trading soon. In 1QB leagues, where do you value pick #1 in terms on startup draft value or if you were trading for other draft picks?

I would think between pick 9-15 depending on youth vs aging studs. You?
If I was being extremely precise I'd put the value right now today as player 7 overall in 1QB/TE premium leagues.

ETA-player 7, I actually forgot a guy I have on some teams.

Last edited:
. How much more than LaPorta is AJB worth?
I don't play in SF or leagues that use IDP but in my typical one start QB TE premium leagues my answer to the question is none/nothing.
I agree that may be the case, but it feels like I should probably start with an AJB+X for LaPorta + Higgins to try to buy low on Higgins, no? I’d need to get a WR back, and Tee’s value is somewhat depressed.

I don't play in SF or leagues that use IDP but in my typical one start QB TE premium leagues my answer to the question is none/nothing.
I agree that may be the case, but it feels like I should probably start with an AJB+X for LaPorta + Higgins to try to buy low on Higgins, no? I’d need to get a WR back, and Tee’s value is somewhat depressed.
Fair enough. Who else you got? :)

I have a long time until I need to make a final decision but I am curious people's early thoughts. 12 team, 0.5 PPR, two-keepers (Can keep for max of 3 years , but the value moves up one round each season). Can't keep players drafted in the first or second. My best options/value:
  • RB Jonathan Taylor for a 4th
  • RB De'Von Achane for a 9th
  • TE Trey McBride for an 8th
  • RB Brian Robinson for a 7th
I am leaning towards Taylor and Achane but McBride has me extremely intrigued as well.

Just offer brown for both and see what happens

Getting Higgins should be hard. LaPorta and ajb would be pretty close for me in tep. What other te does he have?

I have a long time until I need to make a final decision but I am curious people's early thoughts. 12 team, 0.5 PPR, two-keepers (Can keep for max of 3 years , but the value moves up one round each season). Can't keep players drafted in the first or second. My best options/value:
I am leaning towards Taylor and Achane but McBride has me extremely intrigued as well.
I’d keep McBride and achane

Getting Higgins should be hard. LaPorta and ajb would be pretty close for me in tep. What other te does he have?
Kinkaid, Tremble, Hendershot, Bellinger, Turner.

They have all of the TEs.

Achane for a 9th is a lock.
I like Taylor for a 4th as well

seeing how he has LaPorta it might be worth while to inquire about LaPorta and swerve to Kincaid. I doubt you’d have to move ajb for him since he already has what is widely viewed as the #1 dynasty te. I’d absolutely love to be pairing Kincaid with lamb and ajb.

Some dynasty leagues open up trading soon. In 1QB leagues, where do you value pick #1 in terms on startup draft value or if you were trading for other draft picks?

If I was being extremely precise I'd put the value right now today as player 7 overall in 1QB/TE premium leagues.

Lol was going to say 6 is really bullish. In TEP I think it would be really hard to have him higher than 8.

Would love to join a competitive, active message board league with posters from here. Other then no IDP, I can adjust to any league format. Keep me in mind if any openings. I am at that really creepy spectrum of being an active owner.

Lol was going to say 6 is really bullish. In TEP I think it would be really hard to have him higher than 8.
If I was in a FFPC style startup today I'd probably take these 6 players over any rookie.

Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, Bijan, Gibbs and Hall.

Who else you got that you could not fathom taking your pick of the rookie litter over? ASB, Laporta, AJB?

I'm only in one league. It's a keep 3 for one year auction league. I feel really good about my keepers: Anthony Richardson, Achane, and Trey McBride. Auction prices to keep these 3 are all very good prices too.

If I was in a FFPC style startup today I'd probably take these 6 players over any rookie.

Who else you got that you could not fathom taking your pick of the rookie litter over? ASB, Laporta, AJB?

I had the same 6 and Laporta and then it gets dicey with ARSB/AJB/Wilson.

Reasonable. I'm actually mulling offering ASB for 1.1 in a league right now and my holdup is not so much that I'm still thinking about it so much as I'm mulling if it makes more sense to pursue something more along the lines of 2 or 3 at a more reasonable cost.

The thing that gives me some concern on the Lions is you/me are bascially putting 3 Lions in our top 8-10 players. I worry a little something will give with the usage supporting all of them especially when considering Jameson is coming along and Ben Johnson is probaby moving along.

AJB to me is essentialy a 27 year old WR whose apex has been in the 18 PPG range. I'm rolling the risk of the unknown to get 5-6 years younger.

Big Wilson fan, he's probably next on my list after the 6 names I gave but I just think Marvin and more to the point the fluidity of the 1.1 is an asset I'd rather own right now.

Reasonable. I'm actually mulling offering ASB for 1.1 in a league right now and my holdup is not so much that I'm still thinking about it so much as I'm mulling if it makes more sense to pursue something more along the lines of 2 or 3 at a more reasonable cost.

The thing that gives me some concern on the Lions is you/me are bascially putting 3 Lions in our top 8-10 players. I worry a little something will give with the usage supporting all of them especially when considering Jameson is coming along and Ben Johnson is probaby moving along.

AJB to me is essentialy a 27 year old WR whose apex has been in the 18 PPG range. I'm rolling the risk of the unknown to get 5-6 years younger.

Big Wilson fan, he's probably next on my list after the 6 names I gave but I just think Marvin and more to the point the fluidity of the 1.1 is an asset I'd rather own right now.

Yeah 3 Lions is a little scary but it seems doable that they will all produce. Can certainly understand going 1.1 over AJB. He is kind of one of the only tweeners where the guys above him are young and proven and some of the guys behind are old studs.

Also this 23 rookie class as a whole, wow. They should litter the early rounds of startups.

Three Lions in the first round of startups. Wow.
Not sure Laporta will be even in the premium, but would not surprise me at all

Would love to join a competitive, active message board league with posters from here. Other then no IDP, I can adjust to any league format. Keep me in mind if any openings. I am at that really creepy spectrum of being an active owner.
+1
+2
+3

my only restriction is I don’t want the buy-in to be more than $100. I already spend too much on this silly hobby.
Im also calling out @barackdhouse since i know he and I were trying to drum up interest before this season in the FFPC thread.

maybe some of the other board regulars would be game and get us to 12 and I’d suggest we use FFPC (even though they take a chunk off the buy in to commish the leagues and handle all the money.

+1
+2
+3

my only restriction is I don’t want the buy-in to be more than $100. I already spend too much on this silly hobby.
Im also calling out @barackdhouse since i know he and I were trying to drum up interest before this season in the FFPC thread.

maybe some of the other board regulars would be game and get us to 12 and I’d suggest we use FFPC (even though they take a chunk off the buy in to commish the leagues and handle all the money.
+4

Good question. I guess I'd definitely put Chase, Jefferson, Lamb, ARSB, AJB, and Wilson over it. Probably take Bijan, Hall, and Gibbs as well. If probably falls in the next tier (Olave, JSN, Taylor, CMC, etc.).

With that few keepers I just keep the best players and don't worry about pick value. For me that would be Taylor and Achane easily.

So they have LaPorta and Kincaid. Those others are essentially useless.

I think you just need to give the guy a handful of options as that secondary piece for LaPorta/Higgins. Adding a DE is a good idea since you have a few quality options there especially if that guy is down on Higgins and needs a DE. Maybe a DE and a 3rd or 4th rounder also thrown in.

I'm only in one league. It's a keep 3 for one year auction league. I feel really good about my keepers: Anthony Richardson, Achane, and Trey McBride. Auction prices to keep these 3 are all very good prices too.
As a keep one year situation I wouldn't be that excited about these three keepers. They all "should" be good for next year but two of the three are injury prone flash guys. Seems like they should be cornerstones but will they actually be? You only get them for one year so their youth is actually a bit of a negative because they aren't proven. If you were keeping them for multiple years that would be much better in value.

I wouldn't be set on those as my keepers but i don't know what your other options are at this point so maybe they are the best choices.

I think you just need to give the guy a handful of options as that secondary piece for LaPorta/Higgins. Adding a DE is a good idea since you have a few quality options there especially if that guy is down on Higgins and needs a DE. Maybe a DE and a 3rd or 4th rounder also thrown in.
I think that's a good approach - I might even target Kinkaid instead since the breakout didn't really happen for him.

I think that's a good approach - I might even target Kinkaid instead since the breakout didn't really happen for him.
I like LaPorta a lot more than Kincaid but the price is for sure going to be higher. But to me it's worth it.

I like LaPorta a lot more than Kincaid but the price is for sure going to be higher. But to me it's worth it.
Yeah - if I can package a DE like Karlaftis, or Thib & get Higgins+LaPorta that would be my 1st choice.

Appreciate the feedback , everyone!

Yeah - if I can package a DE like Karlaftis, or Thib & get Higgins+LaPorta that would be my 1st choice.

Appreciate the feedback , everyone!
14 team .. one team owned Waller LaPorta and McBride .. I was able to get McBride for Kupp. LaPorta was close to untouchable for him (can't blame him for thinking that)

As a keep one year situation I wouldn't be that excited about these three keepers. They all "should" be good for next year but two of the three are injury prone flash guys. Seems like they should be cornerstones but will they actually be? You only get them for one year so their youth is actually a bit of a negative because they aren't proven. If you were keeping them for multiple years that would be much better in value.

I wouldn't be set on those as my keepers but i don't know what your other options are at this point so maybe they are the best choices.
Thanks for the reply. My only other good value keeper options are Jordan Love, DJ Moore, Kenneth Walker, David Montgomery, and Tyjae Spears.

LaPorta was close to untouchable for him (can't blame him for thinking that)
That might be the case here - but I know the LaPorta team loves AJB, so it might work.
I've already weighed in on this but if I was you I'd just throw out AJB for Kincaid and Higgins.

Like most I have Laporta ranked over Kincaid but I'm not willing to say he's actually better. Different style, stronger base and at the catch point but I've giving Kincaid the edge with route running and hands. Laporta's younger which will always help his value vs Kincaid but I think if the situations were reversed the stats would by and large also be.

Buffalo has taken a slower approach with relying on rookie offensive skill players and things just seem shaky with the Diggs situation longterm and if that separation occurs it could not be a leap for Kincaid so much as a gigantic leap as I think he'd have a chance to be Allen's primary weapon.

Long story short for me I got Laporta ranked higher right now, but I'd rather buy Kincaid at his price and I think you'd be moving AJB at the apex of his value for two players that right now I think are buy lows relative to where their value will go.

Thanks for the reply. My only other good value keeper options are Jordan Love, DJ Moore, Kenneth Walker, David Montgomery, and Tyjae Spears.
I would be keeping Moore, Walker, and Achane given those choices.

Users who are viewing this thread