What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

best WR to own in 2024 in PPR Best Ball Dynasty? Flowers, DJ Moore, Drake London or Higgins?
A bit more streaky, but I'd take Moore. It seems like he goes off for 100+ much more than the others.
At this point..

1. Moore
2. Flowers
3. Higgins - depends on where he signs though (and I am a Higgins owner - he is my #3 behind ARSB and Aiyuk, ahead of JSN)
4. London

Interesting that Musgrave hasn't made anyone's list. He flashed some solid talent in his first season.

I did mention him as a legit contender for top 5 and I do really like him...my issue for top 5 is this Kraft kid looks pretty good and might be a detriment to maxing out his stats.
Fair assessment (again). Other than Gronk/Hernandez has there ever been better than average production from a pair of TEs on a the same team (barring injury and trades)?
They both look good and seem like a good combo and will be interesting to see how they use them. Got zero qualms that Musgrave is the top guy, just a matter of if he starts ceding snaps to Kraft who deserves to play a lot more then he was when Musgrave was healthy. With the young WR's that now looks at least 4 deep with decent quality players it's a hard team to predict how they will be utilizing their weapons next year.

In answer to your Gronk/Hernandez question my answer is no. Fleener and Dwayne Allen both scored 8 TD's one year and I remember that being noted as something very unusual that two TE's on the same team had 8 or more TD's in a year but even with that Fleener was a low end TE1 type and Allen was not worth much.
I realized I forgot a TE duo when I answered this question earlier.

There has never been anything close to the NE duo but Goedert really only played one full season with Ertz after this rookie season, the other seasons either one or both missed a lot of games or got traded. That one season they were TE2 and TE9 in total points and TE2 and TE11 in PPG in my TEP leagues. I owned both of them in a few leagues back then, can't believe that one slipped my mind.

Also, not in response to your question but related IMO to the GB situation is Andrews/Likely. A lot of people listed Andrews way up on their TE rankings despite fact he'll be 29 next season. He's obviously far more established and highly paid then Musgrave but for the same reason I don't think you can just put Kraft back in the bottle and not have any concern he might limiit Musgrave at least somewhat I'm starting to feel the same way about the Baltimore duo. I just don't think you can take someone contributing like Likely has, making legit big plays, and just send them back to a role doing next to nothing like he was before Andrews went down. What is also a little interesting about both of these duos is that both of their contracts run out the same year with the Baltmore duo's contracts running out a year before the GB duos. Will these teams be open to a trade, especially if a player is not happy with their role? Also both teams will need to commit to one with an extension or have both of their duos hitting FA at the same time, again something which might lead to movement to whoever is not recieving the commitment.

Will be interesting to see unfold but what I'm trying to also say is despite both duos looking paired at the hip for the next 2/3 seasons I'm not so sure it's going to go play out that way. I know I picked up Kraft and Likely in some TEP leagues after a bunch of injuries and really my thinking with both was help this year and back to the waiver wire in the off-season as these are smaller roster FFPC leagues. Now I find myself wanting to find a way to keep both, and not for nothing but after Browers it's not a projected to be an overly deep or great TE class.

Last edited:
best WR to own in 2024 in PPR Best Ball Dynasty? Flowers, DJ Moore, Drake London or Higgins?
It’s probably Flowers, but a lot will depend on where Tee ends up. If he becomes the alpha somewhere & can stay healthy I think he has the highest upside.
On a point/game basis, Higgins and Flowers ended up very similarly. Given that Burrow had a disastrous season and Lamar will be the MVP, I’d bet Higgins will out produce Flowers regardless if he stays or goes.

Kind of need to look at adding a younger RB and Rhamondre Stevenson owner says he's available. Fantasypros has him 53 overall and RB 18 in PPR. Love the talent but BB still there and their offense is garbage which limits the scoring chances. He wants McBride (I also have Andrews). Was thinking McBride for Stevenson and his pick 16 (16 team league). The pick is actually mine that I dealt to him last year.

Thoughts on Stevenson?

Kind of need to look at adding a younger RB and Rhamondre Stevenson owner says he's available. Fantasypros has him 53 overall and RB 18 in PPR. Love the talent but BB still there and their offense is garbage which limits the scoring chances. He wants McBride (I also have Andrews). Was thinking McBride for Stevenson and his pick 16 (16 team league). The pick is actually mine that I dealt to him last year.

Thoughts on Stevenson?
I still like him. I dealt for him in dynasty for a championship run (and he immediately got hurt) but while yes, the Pats will likely stink, RS has a chance at being ~30% of their total offense, and thus very valuable for FF.

When he hit his stride he was putting up ~25 PPR points per game. Until the injury he made Zeke irrelevant.

I think he’s a fine RB to target. I’m very happy to have acquired him at a fairly affordable price.

Thoughts on Stevenson?
I still like him. I dealt for him in dynasty for a championship run (and he immediately got hurt) but while yes, the Pats will likely stink, RS has a chance at being ~30% of their total offense, and thus very valuable for FF.

When he hit his stride he was putting up ~25 PPR points per game. Until the injury he made Zeke irrelevant.

I think he’s a fine RB to target. I’m very happy to have acquired him at a fairly affordable price.
Thanks. He sent the Stevenson and 1.16 offer over for McBride. My RBs are either getting up there in age (Eckler), on FT (Mixon) or underperforming for their salary cap number (Barkley). I traded for the number 3 overall pick but taking whoever is left on the top 3 WRs so no help in the draft unless I get lucky.

Some dynasty leagues open up trading soon. In 1QB leagues, where do you value pick #1 in terms on startup draft value or if you were trading for other draft picks?
Aggressive? Maybe, but I have Marvin as a top 5 startup pick. I'm gambling he's taken by AZ.

The Nabers/Odunze tier is more interesting to me. Above or below G Wilson? Olave? 27 yo AJB? etc.

Some dynasty leagues open up trading soon. In 1QB leagues, where do you value pick #1 in terms on startup draft value or if you were trading for other draft picks?
Aggressive? Maybe, but I have Marvin as a top 5 startup pick. I'm gambling he's taken by AZ.

The Nabers/Odunze tier is more interesting to me. Above or below G Wilson? Olave? 27 yo AJB? etc.
Not sure theres any scenario where I put any of the rookies in the top 5, unless some playoff injuries happen

Aggressive? Maybe, but I have Marvin as a top 5 startup pick.
That's way too aggressive for me. I can't put an untested rookie over Jefferson, Lamb, Chase, AJB, ARSB, Hall, Gibbs. Maybe he slots in around 7-8, but there are still a few players I'd consider. Will have a lot to do with his landing spot as well, but I'd still be unlikely to move him much higher than 7.

Not sure theres any scenario where I put any of the rookies in the top 5, unless some playoff injuries happen
Don't blame ya. I just think Marvin's different. I'll be shocked if he's not in the tier of under 25 elite WR's by this time next year and wouldn't be surprised if he's #1.

Interesting that Musgrave hasn't made anyone's list. He flashed some solid talent in his first season.

I did mention him as a legit contender for top 5 and I do really like him...my issue for top 5 is this Kraft kid looks pretty good and might be a detriment to maxing out his stats.
Fair assessment (again). Other than Gronk/Hernandez has there ever been better than average production from a pair of TEs on a the same team (barring injury and trades)?
They both look good and seem like a good combo and will be interesting to see how they use them. Got zero qualms that Musgrave is the top guy, just a matter of if he starts ceding snaps to Kraft who deserves to play a lot more then he was when Musgrave was healthy. With the young WR's that now looks at least 4 deep with decent quality players it's a hard team to predict how they will be utilizing their weapons next year.

In answer to your Gronk/Hernandez question my answer is no. Fleener and Dwayne Allen both scored 8 TD's one year and I remember that being noted as something very unusual that two TE's on the same team had 8 or more TD's in a year but even with that Fleener was a low end TE1 type and Allen was not worth much.
I realized I forgot a TE duo when I answered this question earlier.

There has never been anything close to the NE duo but Goedert really only played one full season with Ertz after this rookie season, the other seasons either one or both missed a lot of games or got traded. That one season they were TE2 and TE9 in total points and TE2 and TE11 in PPG in my TEP leagues. I owned both of them in a few leagues back then, can't believe that one slipped my mind.

Also, not in response to your question but related IMO to the GB situation is Andrews/Likely. A lot of people listed Andrews way up on their TE rankings despite fact he'll be 29 next season. He's obviously far more established and highly paid then Musgrave but for the same reason I don't think you can just put Kraft back in the bottle and not have any concern he might limiit Musgrave at least somewhat I'm starting to feel the same way about the Baltimore duo. I just don't think you can take someone contributing like Likely has, making legit big plays, and just send them back to a role doing next to nothing like he was before Andrews went down. What is also a little interesting about both of these duos is that both of their contracts run out the same year with the Baltmore duo's contracts running out a year before the GB duos. Will these teams be open to a trade, especially if a player is not happy with their role? Also both teams will need to commit to one with an extension or have both of their duos hitting FA at the same time, again something which might lead to movement to whoever is not recieving the commitment.

Will be interesting to see unfold but what I'm trying to also say is despite both duos looking paired at the hip for the next 2/3 seasons I'm not so sure it's going to go play out that way. I know I picked up Kraft and Likely in some TEP leagues after a bunch of injuries and really my thinking with both was help this year and back to the waiver wire in the off-season as these are smaller roster FFPC leagues. Now I find myself wanting to find a way to keep both, and not for nothing but after Browers it's not a projected to be an overly deep or great TE class.
TE's are kinda in their prime from like 27 to 32 IMO.

I see it pretty similar to you, just settling more into the 7 range but if I was in a startup and someone pulled Marvin at 5 I'd not be snickering to myself that it was a bad pick or anything, just one with more risk/reward.

I don't own Olave or AJB but in a TE premium league I'd trade them for pick 2 right now on premise at least on of Nabers/Odunze or Bowser does not end in a bad spot. I'd consider it for 1.3, anything later I'd proably wait to see landing spot.

Also I'll note I offered ARSB as part of a trade for 1.1 in a league yesterday. I know the owner reveiwed the trade but did not make a decison on it and he probably did not pay yet to be able to do that, at least not accept it. Part of my motivation is I need roster space so I can't really afford to wait until the NFL draft but I ended up pulling that offer this morning after mulling it over some more. Not because I mind paying ASRB for 1.1, but mainly because I want to think some more about paying for something more like pick 3 instead(it is TE premium) and if I can do that without giving up ARSB. Heck, mulling finding a way to do both and my team is a contender, not in rebuild mode as much as constantly trying to build for the long term.

That's been a good range of production but what is the context behind this response? Not being snarky, I think you are trying to illustrate a point and I wanted to understand it.
Andrews age was brought up. I think he's still got plenty of tread on his tires is all.
Ok thanks, also think Andrews has some tread left but whether or not a TE or any position is productive as his age I think you have to consider his value is getting less and less each year in dynasty and NFL teams as a general rule I think prefer to pay younger players.

I'd cite the Eagles again as an example. I think Ertz was in his age 31 season when they decided to move him and invest in the younger player in Goedert. I think the Ravens might be making a similar decison next off-season with Andrews/Likely.

That's been a good range of production but what is the context behind this response? Not being snarky, I think you are trying to illustrate a point and I wanted to understand it.
Andrews age was brought up. I think he's still got plenty of tread on his tires is all.
Ok thanks, also think Andrews has some tread left but whether or not a TE or any position is productive as his age I think you have to consider his value is getting less and less each year in dynasty and NFL teams as a general rule I think prefer to pay younger players.

I'd cite the Eagles again as an example. I think Ertz was in his age 31 season when they decided to move him and invest in the younger player in Goedert. I think the Ravens might be making a similar decison next off-season with Andrews/Likely.

They may and I understand the thinking (especially if Likely is looking for big $) but that doesn't mean Andrews still won't be very productive fantasy-wise...he could end up replacing Kelce or hooking-up with a young QB like Stroud or Herbert and have 2-3 career best years in a high-octane offense...Andrews is at an age where you need to start paying attention but right now he is not showing signs of age and because of the position he plays you better have a very solid replacement plan if you are going to move on from him because you could regret it for a few years.

Last edited:

Thoughts on Stevenson?
I drafted Stevenson, then moved him in a package for Taylor after his rookie year. Just got him back this year straight up for Spears (after Spears' nice week 5 game against indy) to the Henry owner. When healthy, he's got a great PPR floor.

Don't blame ya. I just think Marvin's different. I'll be shocked if he's not in the tier of under 25 elite WR's by this time next year and wouldn't be surprised if he's #1.
I wouldn't be surprised either, but I'll take the guys who are already that

Thoughts on Stevenson?
I traded Stevenson and a 2024 late 2nd for Kupp about week 4 and then traded Kupp for McBride before week 17.

I'm only in one league. It's a keep 3 for one year auction league. I feel really good about my keepers: Anthony Richardson, Achane, and Trey McBride. Auction prices to keep these 3 are all very good prices too.
As a keep one year situation I wouldn't be that excited about these three keepers. They all "should" be good for next year but two of the three are injury prone flash guys. Seems like they should be cornerstones but will they actually be? You only get them for one year so their youth is actually a bit of a negative because they aren't proven. If you were keeping them for multiple years that would be much better in value.

I wouldn't be set on those as my keepers but i don't know what your other options are at this point so maybe they are the best choices.
Thanks for the reply. My only other good value keeper options are Jordan Love, DJ Moore, Kenneth Walker, David Montgomery, and Tyjae Spears.
I would be keeping Moore, Walker, and Achane given those choices.
I should have mentioned it's a 2 QB league and we can't keep more than one from the same position. I'm keeping Anthony Richardson, Trey McBride and Achane, I always go with most upside/explosiveness and youth even if it's only for one year.

I should have mentioned it's a 2 QB league and we can't keep more than one from the same position. I'm keeping Anthony Richardson, Trey McBride and Achane, I always go with most upside/explosiveness and youth even if it's only for one year.
Well, that does change some things but I think going for the youngest players in a keep one year format is short changing you. There is no need to suffer though the learning years when you don't benefit for when they actually get good.

There are exceptions of course....and I think Achane is one of them. So Achane would be my keeper over Walker as your one RB slot.

Richardson is a lot tougher. I really have no idea what to expect from him for next year. He was ok this year but hurt and missed time almost every game. I don't really think that is going to change. Love looked a lot better than expected and improved almost every game as the year went along. I would likely have AR and Love pretty close strictly because of AR's upside. But his downside is pretty significant too. If I was able to keep for multiple years then AR probably gets the nod. But keeping for one year only I might go with the safer route and Love.

Thoughts on Stevenson?
I traded Stevenson and a 2024 late 2nd for Kupp about week 4 and then traded Kupp for McBride before week 17.
Surprised anyone would trade McBride for Kupp staight up, but nice job

I wouldn't be surprised either, but I'll take the guys who are already that
AJB isn't under 25. Olave and Wilson have 'just' been 1100-4 types to this point. Marvin's better now than either of them when they came out. Waddle I'm flimsier about.

If you had pick 2,3,4 plus 12 and a bunch of seconds in a PPR 1QB league and didn’t have any needs what would you be willing to give up for 1.1?

Really want Harrison.

If you had pick 2,3,4 plus 12 and a bunch of seconds in a PPR 1QB league and didn’t have any needs what would you be willing to give up for 1.1?

Really want Harrison.
You can always come up, but can't go back down. I'd start with 1.4, 1.12, and a 2nd or two for the first pitch
That would be great but I doubt the 1.4 would get it done. 1.3 maybe. He would still get one of the big 3 WRs.

Really want Harrison.
You can always come up, but can't go back down. I'd start with 1.4, 1.12, and a 2nd or two for the first pitch
That would be great but I doubt the 1.4 would get it done. 1.3 maybe. He would still get one of the big 3 WRs.
There is virtually no difference (assuming this is the only trade made) between giving up 2, 3, or 4 since he has all three. Right now he is getting 3 of the first 4 guys. If he thinks Harrison is so far ahead of everyone else then give up the 1.02 to ensure you get Harrison. You still have picks 3 and 4 (assuming you don't have to give up two of those three picks to get the 1.01). The only way that it matters is if he has a top 2 that are must haves. Then keeping the 1.02 does have merit. But if he has 2-4 all on the same level then give up pick 1.02 to make sure he gets Harrison (since he has that guy in a Tier by himself).

All that to say, it's a long time between now and the draft. Maybe landing spot vaults someone up or down drastically to change the dynamic. Maybe someone gets hurt/trouble with the law. And as someone said above.....pick values increase from now until the draft so holding might be the best choice for now.

Really want Harrison.
There is virtually no difference (assuming this is the only trade made) between giving up 2, 3, or 4 since he has all three.
Sorry, I was referring to the guy giving up #1. He probably wouln't want to go to #4

Really want Harrison.
Draft isn't for almost 5 months. I wouldn't consider giving up 2 or 3 anytime soon. Market rate for each will only increase as we get closer.
I'm suffering from end of fantasy season blues already, don't make it worse, lol. I think the draft is actually "only" in what amounts to 3.75 months.

But I understand your point. Was thinking something similar the other day in regards to pick 1 and what would someone have to give me to deal or move back and my conclusion was they'd have to make me an offer that I had no doubt was an overpay, not looking for equitable right now, going to take more then that to move me off the catbirds seat.

I'm suffering from end of fantasy season blues already

Tell me about it, man. I have no idea really what to do in my spare time. Losing in the championship didn't help matters any.

Now I have all off-season to dwell on it.

Damn, you're right though. Draft is only 3.75 months away.

Good luck with the first pick.

I have nothing else to add but saw this and laughed because I was going to take a thread out about the post-fantasy blues today. A little Matthew Berry-ish, but true.

I'm suffering from end of fantasy season blues already

Tell me about it, man. I have no idea really what to do in my spare time. Losing in the championship didn't help matters any.

Now I have all off-season to dwell on it.

Damn, you're right though. Draft is only 3.75 months away.

Good luck with the first pick.

I have nothing else to add but saw this and laughed because I was going to take a thread out about the post-fantasy blues today. A little Matthew Berry-ish, but true.
I had two slip away from me and yes it makes it worse because they were so close and I keep replaying all the single plays last week that could have swung the outcomes to say nothing of the starting lineup calls I made. I was literally thinking the other day how much better I'd feel right now if I narrowly won instead of lost and now I got to stew on it for so long. But even if I won't I'd still have some end of season blues.

People can tell me to get a life but I don't mind admitting I struggle with the post-fantasy blues every year. Like you said I don't know what to do with myself sometimes. We spend months and months fully engaged to a point this dominates probably both of our free time because of the work we put into it, a labor of love for the most part, and then it's all just gone like that.

One of the saddest times of the year is when I click on Rotoworld for updates and they changed it over to defaulting to NBA player news.

It's why I got into dynasty and thankfully we have sites like this to at least talk and have convo's, it helps.

We spend months and months fully engaged to a point this dominates probably both of our free time because of the work we put into it, a labor of love for the most part, and then it's all just gone like that.

:hifive: about the bolded. We do put in time and love it. I know you and barackdhouse and others are a bit more invested than I am, but there's still a passion there on my end. That said, I'm sorry to hear that all your finals weren't winning ones. It's tough to win, man.

As for the sentiment that follows, there may be blues now, but the great thing is that football and fantasy have become such bedrock institutions that we can anticipate it happening all over again next year.

It's why I got into dynasty and thankfully we have sites like this to at least talk and have convo's, it helps.

I'm very thankful for this board and the people that post here, yourself included (of course). It's become a consuming hobby, but one I wouldn't trade away unless life called in some way.

Anyway, I'll let everybody get back to the dynasty discussion. Just my two cents on the whole season wrapping up.

We spend months and months fully engaged to a point this dominates probably both of our free time because of the work we put into it, a labor of love for the most part, and then it's all just gone like that.

:hifive: about the bolded. We do put in time and love it. I know you and barackdhouse and others are a bit more invested than I am, but there's still a passion there on my end. That said, I'm sorry to hear that all your finals weren't winning ones. It's tough to win, man.

As for the sentiment that follows, there may be blues now, but the great thing is that football and fantasy have become such bedrock institutions that we can anticipate it happening all over again next year.

I'm very thankful for this board and the people that post here, yourself included (of course). It's become a consuming hobby, but one I wouldn't trade away unless life called in some way.

Anyway, I'll let everybody get back to the dynasty discussion. Just my two cents on the whole season wrapping up.
I know how y’all feel. My 16 team start-up SF IDP team was the highest scoring team (worthless in that league), had the most top 3 scores, and was pretty much one of the best FF teams I’ve ever had.

Week 14 put up a ludicrous amount of points, and got bounced from the playoffs in the 1st round because a couple games got so out of hand they rested starters (Raiders 60+ over SD the primary culprit)

Then of course outscored everyone weeks 16 & 17 & would have won it all.

12-2, with 1 bad week all year. Even in my 2 losses i was a top 4 scoring team. The 1 truly bad game ended my season.

It’s a cruel game we play. And yes, we work hard. But the good news is there’s always next year. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread