What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

EUR to USD at 12 Year Low (1 Viewer)

Imagine how strong the dollar would be in Obama loved America and wasn't a Communist.

I wish the British Pound was trending the same way. Maybe I should change my vacation plans to France.

Keep dropping, motherf###er. Headed to the Eurozone in September - all those beers at Oktoberfest are already going to cost $1.50 US less than they were when I first looked at the exchange rate a couple months ago.

I wish the British Pound was trending the same way. Maybe I should change my vacation plans to France.
That's gotta be something to seriously consider now, right?

Especially London, which is already super expensive and now you're adding 1.5x on top of that compared to anywhere else?

Still curious what is going to happen with rates... The 10 year yield has fallen for the first 4 days of the ECU QE plan as money flees Europe and heads here. I've been hearing about rate hikes for 2 years now and supposedly they're coming this year.

I have a decent investment in the Barclays 10 Year Bear Fund (DTYS) in anticipation of rates going up, but these ####### Europeans are messing with that.

Still curious what is going to happen with rates... The 10 year yield has fallen for the first 4 days of the ECU QE plan as money flees Europe and heads here. I've been hearing about rate hikes for 2 years now and supposedly they're coming this year.

I have a decent investment in the Barclays 10 Year Bear Fund (DTYS) in anticipation of rates going up, but these ####### Europeans are messing with that.
Go on vacation and buy stuff with a stronger currency. I worked with people from Europe who would come to the US in December with empty suitcases and clean up ("...everything's 40% off!") in the ~2010 time frame. Now, joke's on them.

Imagine how strong the dollar would be in Obama loved America and wasn't a Communist.
Setting aside the dumb hyperbole bait, the interesting thing is that one of the reasons that Europe's economy is so screwed up right now is that most of the countries there have been pursuing an unsustainable economic policy course for a long time.

Coincidentally, it is the same policy course that the more "progressive" of Obama's supporters (and people to the left of them) advocate for here in the US.

Is anyone else considering European ETFs?

We saw what the QE juice did US stocks, why wouldn't we anticipate the same there?

Setting aside the dumb hyperbole bait, the interesting thing is that one of the reasons that Europe's economy is so screwed up right now is that most of the countries there have been pursuing an unsustainable economic policy course for a long time.

Coincidentally, it is the same policy course that the more "progressive" of Obama's supporters (and people to the left of them) advocate for here in the US.
Not really. Much of Europe has been on an austerity kick since the Bush crash, which is the exact opposite of what Obama has been advocating, although it is exactly what the GOP in Congress want us doing.

Not really. Much of Europe has been on an austerity kick since the Bush crash, which is the exact opposite of what Obama has been advocating, although it is exactly what the GOP in Congress want us doing.
They have been on an austerity kick because they ran their debt up to unsustainable levels pursuing exactly the strategies advocated by the "progressives"/populists.

Exactly. Southern Europe's economic problems clearly stem from decades of not spending enough money fast enough.

Keep dropping, motherf###er. Headed to the Eurozone in September - all those beers at Oktoberfest are already going to cost $1.50 US less than they were when I first looked at the exchange rate a couple months ago.
Ireland is also on the Euro - cheap Guinness!!

Exactly. Southern Europe's economic problems clearly stem from decades of not spending enough money fast enough.
:lol:

LOL at those who think a weakening Euro and by association the relative strengthening of the US dollar has anything at all to do with American policies. Europe is simply engaging in the same "beggar-thy-neighbor" type of quantitative easing that the United States has already been engaged in since 2009. Look at how Japan has fared using similar tactics if you want to see how a socialized, sclerotic economy with a rapidly aging/shrinking populace like Europe will respond to such measures.

America's present fiscal standing with respect to the rest of the world's economies is analogous to being the least homely contestant in an ugly girls contest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greece is a worker's paradise! Infinite pensions! Work five years, retire, and live out your days in luxury provided by the state.
Paid for by the Germans.....something has to give there.

Greece is a worker's paradise! Infinite pensions! Work five years, retire, and live out your days in luxury provided by the state.
Sarcasm, right?

I was there for work in 2012. People at my company there said they loved to work for us because "...unlike alot of other companies in Greece, they actually issue paychecks to workers. Whereas, other Greek companies were holding weeks to months of back pay at the time."

:eek:

Sarcasm, right?
Probably maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread