What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ever happened to you? (1 Viewer)

Birdnals

Footballguy
Watching the end of the MNF game tonight and Eli, who is on my team, taking a couple of kneel downs to end the game. It made him go from -9 rushing yards to -12 yards and lose a point. It didn't affect the outcome of my game but it made me wonder: has anyone lost or tied a game from this. Obviously I know someone, somewhere has but was interested to hear any stories from you guys in the SP.

I won the Super Bowl several years back when my opponent's QB kneeled down and went from 50 yards to 48 yards. And we had a 5 point bonus for QBs who rushed for 50 yards, so he ended up losing 6 points. Best day of my life aside from the births of my two children. :pickle:

Lost a playoff game. Garcia had 11 yards rushing which gave me one point. Three kneel downs later and I lose the point and I end up tied and lose the playoff tiebreaker on Total yards by Carson Palmer. Blahhhh Almost as bad as 4th and 26.

Rex Grossman (in Leinhart's debut - MNF) - six turnovers, then at the end of the game, instead of 2 yard kneel down, he did a little jig to run more time off, and it was a 4 yard kneel down. I beat a guy by 0.06. I had nobody going, he start Sexy Rexy up by 6 or something.

This was the "They are who we thought they were!!1!!" game IIRC

Rex Grossman (in Leinhart's debut - MNF) - six turnovers, then at the end of the game, instead of 2 yard kneel down, he did a little jig to run more time off, and it was a 4 yard kneel down. I beat a guy by 0.06. I had nobody going, he start Sexy Rexy up by 6 or something.This was the "They are who we thought they were!!1!!" game IIRC
Haha as a Bears fan I remember that game well. That dude must still have an intense hatred for Grossman

Rex Grossman (in Leinhart's debut - MNF) - six turnovers, then at the end of the game, instead of 2 yard kneel down, he did a little jig to run more time off, and it was a 4 yard kneel down. I beat a guy by 0.06. I had nobody going, he start Sexy Rexy up by 6 or something.This was the "They are who we thought they were!!1!!" game IIRC
That's when you take a guy out of your line up when it's already locked up..hopefully that wasn't a playoff game for his sake.

I won the Super Bowl several years back when my opponent's QB kneeled down and went from 50 yards to 48 yards. And we had a 5 point bonus for QBs who rushed for 50 yards, so he ended up losing 6 points. Best day of my life aside from the births of my two children. :pickle:
Some life. Ah, kidding, but I'm sure there were better days, right??

We had a tie in my league last night when Bradford's late completion to Sims-Walker was nullified by penalty with about a minute left. Dude with Sims-Walker lost the points and never got another catch.

Not as excruciating as the example given but I still got a chuckle out of it.

'Birdnals said:
Watching the end of the MNF game tonight and Eli, who is on my team, taking a couple of kneel downs to end the game. It made him go from -9 rushing yards to -12 yards and lose a point.
Nope, this has never happened to anyone else in the history of fantasy football. You're the first.

'glong989 said:
'BobbyLayne said:
That's when you take a guy out of your line up when it's already locked up..hopefully that wasn't a playoff game for his sake.
Pretty sure it was a Week 6 game. He was leading by 5.70 and IIRC Grossman ended up with -5.76.Most leagues I've played in over the last 15 years freeze lineups at 1 pm EST and/or require a complete lineup. Never been a fan of benching people on MNF because you're afraid your guy will go 1-5 with a lost fumble and game ending injury. I've seen playoff spots decided on total points, so you should always try to max your lineup. Plus - and this is just personal bias - just seems like a chicken#### punk move.

'De Novo said:
'golfguy said:
yeah a nice reason to add a point for every 3 rush attempts. makes it a wash.
So if a guy runs 10 times for 0 yards, he gets positive points? Give me a break. Why not award points for being on the roster while we're at it?
yeah cause that happens all the time. and losing a point because your qbs team wins the game makes sense? I actually like it my leagues with PPR because it adds value to the few elite true RBs that carry the load for their team. that happens much more then your example. creates some disparity there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many years ago a fellow league member lost a playoff spot due to this cuz of Marc Bulger kneeldowns on a Monday Night game. We still talk about it to this day

I lost by 3 yards this weekend. Aaron Rodgers kneeldowns were the difference I assume. Haven't looked into it though

Edit to add that I think Rodgers only had to kneel once so unlikely. Close game though

I dropped a game last year because of the horrible call on Calvin Johnson's touchdown reception in ~ the 3rd week vs the Bears.

You know, the one where he makes a beautiful catch in the end zone and then leaves the ball on the ground to start his celebration., but the refs called it back because he had dropped the ball after only having possession long enough (despite clearly having caught it and scored and having no bobble/pressure etc). The spots world replayed that thing all night, all week, and all year as an illustration on how bad of a call it was. Anyway I lost that week because it was reversed and got to be reminded of it on nearly every highlight compilation for the rest of the year.

I find it amazing that a runner w/ possession only has to break the plane of a goal, but a receiver in the end zone has to catch the ball, maintain possession, get both feet in bounds, and provide 2 copies of the lease with a raised seal signed by a notary.

I dropped a game last year because of the horrible call on Calvin Johnson's touchdown reception in ~ the 3rd week vs the Bears.You know, the one where he makes a beautiful catch in the end zone and then leaves the ball on the ground to start his celebration., but the refs called it back because he had dropped the ball after only having possession long enough (despite clearly having caught it and scored and having no bobble/pressure etc). The spots world replayed that thing all night, all week, and all year as an illustration on how bad of a call it was. Anyway I lost that week because it was reversed and got to be reminded of it on nearly every highlight compilation for the rest of the year.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Q4tKnfaIY&feature=player_embeddedI find it amazing that a runner w/ possession only has to break the plane of a goal, but a receiver in the end zone has to catch the ball, maintain possession, get both feet in bounds, and provide 2 copies of the lease with a raised seal signed by a notary.
No catch, get over it.

I dropped a game last year because of the horrible call on Calvin Johnson's touchdown reception in ~ the 3rd week vs the Bears.You know, the one where he makes a beautiful catch in the end zone and then leaves the ball on the ground to start his celebration., but the refs called it back because he had dropped the ball after only having possession long enough (despite clearly having caught it and scored and having no bobble/pressure etc). The spots world replayed that thing all night, all week, and all year as an illustration on how bad of a call it was. Anyway I lost that week because it was reversed and got to be reminded of it on nearly every highlight compilation for the rest of the year.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Q4tKnfaIY&feature=player_embeddedI find it amazing that a runner w/ possession only has to break the plane of a goal, but a receiver in the end zone has to catch the ball, maintain possession, get both feet in bounds, and provide 2 copies of the lease with a raised seal signed by a notary.
He didn't have possession.

'Birdnals said:
Watching the end of the MNF game tonight and Eli, who is on my team, taking a couple of kneel downs to end the game. It made him go from -9 rushing yards to -12 yards and lose a point. It didn't affect the outcome of my game but it made me wonder: has anyone lost or tied a game from this. Obviously I know someone, somewhere has but was interested to hear any stories from you guys in the SP.
Vick going from 100 to 97 yards rushing week 1 had me go from a win to a tie.

So its' a horrible call and not Johnson's or his coach's fault for not knowing the rules and telling him how to properly catch the ball?

He didn't have possession.
And it was Week 1 not Week 3.

So if a guy runs 10 times for 0 yards, he gets positive points? Give me a break. Why not award points for being on the roster while we're at it?
yeah cause that happens all the time. and losing a point because your qbs team wins the game makes sense? I actually like it my leagues with PPR because it adds value to the few elite true RBs that carry the load for their team. that happens much more then your example. creates some disparity there.
Sorry, I'm not a big fan of awarding participation points. Running 4, 5, 6 times for 0 yards or 1 or 2 yards does happen. I'm not about to give points for that. For first downs, sure. But for nothing and a loss of down, no way.

It made me a loser in one league this week, but I've won a game because of it before too....so I guess now I'm "even."

Didn't make me feel any better about it this morning though. :)

Hopefully, we can all realize that we are fleas on a dog's back and gambling on if the dog barks, goes left, right, or licks his jewels.

:D :hophead: :banned:

Week 1 of this year: The Vick owner lost when Vick, who had exactly 100 yds rushing at the time, did the kneel-down a couple times, costing the owner 1 pt. He lost by .5

my two big leagues are both 1 point for every 5 rushes, also 1 for every 5 completions and PPR. Evens out the differential between positions, only way to go I think.

Users who are viewing this thread