What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explain to the class why you watch First Take, Get Up, etc. (1 Viewer)

Cowherd used to be good, but he has really dropped off since starting his podcast company. He consistently gives takes that make no sense and indicate that he doesn't watch games (or as many as he needs to make such proclamations). I see the clips on Twitter, and I am just like, what is he watching?

I usually get back from dropping my son off at school at around 8am. I may flip on ESPN2 for the 8am SportsCenter while making breakfast before starting the work day. They frequently have some minute long promo just before 8am showing some hot take from “Get Up” the previous day, as they somehow think that will entice me to watch that instead. I may then scramble for the remote thinking I accidentally turned on ESPN instead of ESPN2. Instead, it just confirms that I can’t get away from it even when I intentionally try to do so.

I am still generally OK with Get Up (versus First Take, which is unwatchable due to Screams At Something = SAS), but this chick Chiney Ogummike or whatever her name is is starting to turn into the female version of SAS. She's on pretty much every show ESPN has where hoops is a main focus, and is starting to grate a little bit. OK a lot.

I am still generally OK with Get Up (versus First Take, which is unwatchable due to Screams At Something = SAS), but this chick Chiney Ogummike or whatever her name is is starting to turn into the female version of SAS. She's on pretty much every show ESPN has where hoops is a main focus, and is starting to grate a little bit. OK a lot.
an unfortunate feature of an ESPN contract, i think. you sign up to be put on every show they have related to your niche. those people get no breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread